The World of Arda
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Quickly Through Quir - 119 4A

2 posters

Page 7 of 14 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10 ... 14  Next

Go down

Quickly Through Quir - 119 4A - Page 7 Empty Re: Quickly Through Quir - 119 4A

Post by Nara-pyon Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:32 pm

Daenis laughed softly. "Then perhaps we should make a point of having them sped time in the dojo every few days. I know Ira is pretty good, but Kaede is always so energetic.

Voices were audible from outside, and a moment later, Raina and Iorlas entered, talking as if they had known each other for a very long time.

"Hello, ladies," Raina greeted Daenis and Miyuki warmly. "It's a beautiful day outside! You should go out when you have the chance."

"Perhaps this afternoon," Daenis replied with a smile. "For now, I am content."

"Need any more help getting things ready?" Iorlas asked. "I think the others will be coming shortly, they weren't far behind us."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

https://twoarda.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:36 pm

"Just setting the table I think then," Miyuki checked the water, it had been boiling for a while so she set the buns in to steam because it shouldn't take much longer than that.

She looked forward to having a lot of people around, especially having guests it made cooking far more interesting.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:54 pm

"Will do," Iorlas beamed, and headed for the dishes cupboard. Raina offered to help her, and while the two of them set the table, the others also arrived: all the traveling group who had gone out to travel, as well as their new friends: Mirania, Lamruil, Bairn, Thorontur and Ava, as well as one more whom they had not already met, but who was introduced as Raina's brother, Ainion, the owner of the dog named Wolf. When Raina inquired about where the children had gone and was told they'd gone down the hall towards the workrooms, Wren got a panicked look in her eyes and ran off to check the gardens.

At last, everything was ready and everyone was called for lunch. Thorontur was in a better mood than the night before, though no more optimistic about things.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:39 pm

Set in little dishes were the finely sliced vegetables that Daenis had helped with, along with thinly sliced meat. In the middle were plates piled high with buns. There were leaf shaped buns that were puffy but flat enough to be used to pile on the vegetable and the meat and fold to eat like a taco. There were "heart" shaped buns that were filled with chicken, onions and a curry sauce, and finally peach shaped buns that were filled with sweet egg custard.

"There should be more than enough for everyone so help yourselves," Miyuki told everyone there.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:44 pm

And they did.

"Where is food like this from?" Mirania asked curiously. "The country you're from?"

"Ask Miyuki," Daenis replied with a giggle. "This meal was planned by her."

"It's yummy!" Kaya called out brightly. There was a smudge of sauce on her cheek, but she didn't seem to mind.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sat Apr 11, 2015 10:20 pm

Miyuki chuckled, "In a world called Gaia, which quite a number of us come from, there are countries to the East that make food like this for a light lunch, or for breakfast, often as a snack..."

Really all the dishes were very similar to the dim sum she had once when she was a child with her family.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sat Apr 11, 2015 10:28 pm

"Are special ingredients required to make such food?" Raina asked, inspecting her bun closely to try to figure out what it was made of. "Would we be able to make such a thing here?"

"I think that in order to answer that question, we would first have to know what kind of ingredients you have here," Lancaeriel laughed softly. "We know so little about your country."

Ainion, Raina's brother, spoke up, though he was still focused on his food. "We hunt and we harvest," he said matter-of-factly. "Simple."

Last edited by Nara-pyon on Sat Apr 11, 2015 11:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sat Apr 11, 2015 11:33 pm

"Yes, but what do you hunt and harvest?" Miyuki asked in turn in good humour, "Really, I'm sure with a bit of tweaking you could make something similar. The main part of it, is that these are doughy breads stuffed with stuff, and they've been steamed instead of baked."

Miyuki wasn't so good that she could easily substitute items, that would take experimenting on her part.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sat Apr 11, 2015 11:47 pm

"Well, you would have to teach us about steaming food," Raina beamed, "but aside from that, I'm sure we could experiment a bit. Generally, the meats we have are deer, fox, rabbit ... generally anything worth the effort, when it's necessary. As for harvesting, it's anything we need - from the trees, the flowers, any plants that grow in the forest. We don't need anything more, really. The forest gives us everything we need."

"We'll leave that with Raina," Mirania grinned. "The rest of us aren't the greatest cooks."

"Try that again, Mirania," Thorontur frowned. "You know that Ava cooks quite well."

His wife laughed and put her hand on his arm. "Thank you, dear, but I do agree with Raina, there is much I could learn from our visitors."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sat Apr 11, 2015 11:55 pm

"I wouldn't mind that," Miyuki grinned, "If you don't mind me learning from you in turn."

And it would be useful, they had been lucky to not have to forage too much due to being able to bring large amounts of food with them, but it would be nice to know more recipes based around that kind of lifestyle.

"I would also like to see what you harvest as well, that is always of large interest to me," Miyuki added with a laugh.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sun Apr 12, 2015 12:05 am

"We would be honoured," Ava told Miyuki warmly.

"If you would like, you can come with me tomorrow for harvesting," Raina offered. "As long as you don't mind having Dolph and Kaya along, that is." She giggled softly. "They can be quite a handful sometimes, and with how well they've taken to playing with Amir, they've been even more energetic than usual."

"If you'd like, perhaps we could have them here tomorrow while you and Miyuki go out," Iorlas offered.

The Light Elven children jumped up on their chairs. "Say yes, Mama, say yes!" they both cried eagerly.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sun Apr 12, 2015 12:47 am

"What do you think?"

Miyuki tilted her head towards Raina with a mischievous grin on her face.

"Shall we go harvesting and leave Dolph and Kaya here to play?"

She was sure Amir would like it at any rate.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sun Apr 12, 2015 11:21 am

Raina giggled, whether at Miyuki's tone, the expression on her face, or the eagerness of her children was not certain, but she was amused by something and quite possibly all of it.

"Why not?" she grinned back at Miyuki. "I think this shall be quite fun for all of us."

"Yay!" both Dolph and Kaya cheered: and they threw their arms around each other and giggled before pouncing on Amir, who squawked in surprise as the twins knocked him onto his back and then giggled along with them. Of course, it took all but half a second for Kaede to join in on the fun.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:01 pm

Miyuki chuckled, "If Kaede is playing, they're really going to need to play outside or in the dojo."

Otherwise something will get destroyed for sure, Kaede was just way too excitable.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:05 pm

"Just let me worry about that, Miyuki,," Iorlas laughed as she rose from her seat. She headed over to the pile of bodies and picked up Kaede round the middle so that she couldn't hurt any of the children by accident. "Worse come to worse, there are other Pokemon who can keep Kaede in check."

Kaede turned her head to look at Iorlas, and Iorlas could swear that there was a pout on the Leafeon's face. Iorlas laughed.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:23 pm

"True," Miyuki grinned down at Ai who was watching the whole thing and seemed to sigh, "I had mentioned the other day to Daenis that I think Kaede and Ira just aren't blowing off enough energy. A good spar might help a bit, if the playing those two did in the playroom was any indication."

Even with all the work Miyuki and Andarien were doing, they did find time for their Pokemon to spar. While the two were really coming into their own as far as their talents were concerned, fighting was still not something that came to the siblings naturally.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:27 pm

"There we go, entertainment for tomorrow," Iorlas grinned, returning to her seat at the table. Once she was sitting, she set Kaede in her lap and kept one hand on the Leafeon's back in order to keep her from jumping to the floor again.

"I think Ira would be up for it," Daenis smiled, glancing down at the floor next to her chair where Ira was sitting patiently.

"Hey, Mi, after lunch me and Shoneah gotta talk to you, kay?" Andarien said suddenly, as if he had just remembered something.

"Daenis and Mailon, too!" Shoneah added quickly, glancing at Andarien and nodding.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:35 pm

"Hmmm?" Miyuki blinked.

She couldn't imagine what the quartet would want with her, but she assumed it was something they needed, or wanted to know.

"Sure," she replied, "After lunch, here in the kitchen or somewhere else?"

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:48 pm

"Doesn't matter," Andarien assured her. "Maybe here after lunch is all cleaned up."

The meal was nearly over anyways, and with many hearty thanks and good wishes, the guests headed out to continue their day. Wren expressed a desire to learn more about climbing the trees (to which Daeron face-palmed but remained silent) and headed out with Mirania and Lamruil, and a few of the others headed out to do whatever they wanted to do. Once the kitchen had been cleaned up, Daenis got Mailon back from their bedroom and met with Andarien, Shoneah and Miyuki in the kitchen.

"What's going on?" Daenis asked curiously, picking up Ira and stroking his body.

Mailon seemed equally mystified.

"We just wanna know if you have plans for dinner tonight," Andarien grinned at the three of them.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:52 pm

"Not that I can think of," Miyuki replied thoughtfully.

She really didn't, and hadn't even thought about dinner yet with lunch just being over.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sun Apr 12, 2015 11:07 pm

"We hadn't thought about it," Daenis added, puzzled. "Why could you not ask us at lunch when you first brought this up?"

Shoneah shook her head slowly and smiled. "Allow me to explain. This morning, Andarien and I went exploring, and Miyuki asked us to look for the market and see what spices they sell here. They don't have a market here, no coin at all. But we did run into some people-"

"Weird people," Andarien interjected, frowning slightly.

"Nice people," Shoneah said pointedly, "who have invited us to share their evening meal with them. One claims that his father is the best cook in the area, the other that her mother knows more about spices than anyone else around. We explained that we were looking to learn about the spices used here, and so the invitation was extended to you as well, Miyuki."

"And Daenis once we said that she uses the spices we have the best of anyone in our group!" Andarien beamed. "And then when we told them that she's married, they said of course her husband has to come! So all five of us are invited!"

"Even pets, if we like," Shoneah concluded, smiling now.

Daenis blinked in surprise and looked up at Mailon, a smile spreading over her face. "Well, this is a pleasant surprise," she said warmly. "To be asked to share a meal when they have not even met us."

Mailon was not so optimistic. He put his hands on Daenis' shoulders and looked at Shoneah, who was, in his opinion, the more serious of her and Andarien. "Did you tell them that we are White Elven?" he asked calmly.

Shoneah shrugged. "No, but they didn't mind me at all. And I'm sure they realize that Andarien isn't the same kind of elf as they are."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sun Apr 12, 2015 11:14 pm

Miyuki was excited, but she understood what Mailon was worried about. White elves didn't have the best reputation, but she was willing to give these people they had met the benefit of the doubt.

"I say come, between me, Andarien, Shoneah and both of you, I'm sure they'll get the hint we're not exactly ordinary, and you won't be alone."

Shoneah was a fine fighter after all, and the elves did say they could bring their pets, and Miyuki could bring some binding arrays just in case. She hoped they wouldn't be needed though.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sun Apr 12, 2015 11:21 pm

Daenis smiled and put one arm around Mailon's waist. "Miyuki's right," she murmured, pulling herself closer to him. "Mirania and her family didn't mind us, after all, and Kyrie hasn't cautioned us as she usually does."

They were all valid points, and Mailon agreed reluctantly. He wasn't sure they were doing the right thing, but nothing ventured, nothing gained, right?

"When do we have to go?" he asked, looking back at Andarien and Shoneah.

"They'll be coming to pick us up," Shoneah replied with a smile. "Until then, just do whatever."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sun Apr 12, 2015 11:25 pm

"If they're picking us up, even better," Miyuki replied.

That would give them enough time on whatever personal projects they were working on. Perhaps, Miyuki thought, she would think about practicing more plant magic.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sun Apr 12, 2015 11:30 pm

"And no chance of getting lost," Andarien frowned.

Shoneah laughed. "I know, I promised to show you how to tell your way around. Let's go." She put a hand on each of Andarien's shoulders and turned him towards the door. "We'll be back in plenty of time, don't worry," she grinned at the others, pushing Andarien towards outside. "See you later!"

Daenis waved slowly at the two of them, a look of wonder on her face.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 14 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10 ... 14  Next