The World of Arda
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Quickly Through Quir - 119 4A

2 posters

Page 13 of 14 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

Go down

Quickly Through Quir - 119 4A - Page 13 Empty Re: Quickly Through Quir - 119 4A

Post by Nara-pyon Sun May 10, 2015 9:36 pm

As it turned out, Lancaeriel had been working in the kitchen while Cael was painting in the living room. Both of them came out of the tent now, following Ai, and Mailon moved out of the way so that they could help the dog.

"He got in the middle of a Pokemon battle, eh?" Lancaeriel murmured as she knelt next to the dog. She put one hand on the dog's head and stroked it gently.

"Not a wise thing to do," Cael said grimly, joining his wife.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

https://twoarda.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sun May 10, 2015 9:39 pm

Miyuki sighed, "He got hit by an ice attack, but I'm not sure which one. I don't know much about Glaceons."

Since she wasn't raising one, and neither was Andarien. This had been the first time Ira had been in a full out battle.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sun May 10, 2015 9:43 pm

"Maybe we should ask Shiro about his attacks," Mailon suggested. "Neither Daenis nor I have done that, I don't believe ..."

He trailed off and looked at his wife, who nodded. "That is right. He is always so busy, I did not want to disturb him."

"Then perhaps instead of going out with Raina right away, you should first stop in to see Shiro and ask him," Lancaeriel suggested with a smile. She ran her hands over the dog, healing the frostbite where it covered his body, and slowly the dog's whimpers ceased.

Last edited by Nara-pyon on Sun May 10, 2015 10:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sun May 10, 2015 10:05 pm

"And Shiro doesn't mind," Miyuki assured the couple, "He's always creating work for himself, so taking time out to answer a question or two won't be of trouble. Besides, he has all that information in a database already, he would just need to copy it out or give you guys the short version."

That is if Shiro already didn't know it by heart already. That guy's memory was kind of frightening sometimes.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sun May 10, 2015 10:18 pm

Neither Daenis nor Mailon understood about half of what Miyuki said, but they did get the gist of it. Shiro had information for them, and that was all they really needed to know.

"Do you mind, Raina?" Daenis asked the Light Elf anxiously. "I know we had planned to go out today ..."

"Go," Raina nodded. "I can wait, or I can come back tomorrow. You should know what your pet is capable of, and I think it would be wise of me to return Wolf to Ainion for today. I think he needs more training before coming with us again." She smiled ruefully at the dog. "He's still young, and he doesn't listen to me the way he listens to my brother."

Lancaeriel ran her hands lightly over the dog's body, checking for any frostbite she might have missed, and then, when she was certain the dog would be fine, she patted it on the head and pushed herself to her feet again. "Well, I think he's fine," she murmured, "but if you notice anything else that I might have missed, bring him back and Cael and I can take another look at him."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sun May 10, 2015 10:34 pm

"I'm glad he's okay," Miyuki murmured in relief.

Even if she wasn't impressed by the dog, she didn't want to see him badly hurt. Suki chirped in agreement, waving her ribbons around.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sun May 10, 2015 10:45 pm

Kaya and Dolph darted out from behind their mother and ran towards the dog. "Wolf!" Kaya cried, throwing her arms around the dog's neck and hugging it. "You're all right!"

Dolph threw his arms over the dog's back and pressed his face into its fur. "Don't do that again, you goof!" he chided it.

Wolf responded by turning his head to lick the children's faces.

Raina smiled at Miyuki and moved forward to join her children. "Thank you. All of you, for your help. I'll bring him home now, and Daenis, I do hope to go out with you tomorrow instead."

"I look forward to it," Daenis smiled back at her, picking up Ira and holding him in her arms. The Pokemon snuggled against her neck, almost like an infant looking for comfort. She stroked his head and after bidding Raina and the children a good day, she and Mailon headed back inside.

Andarien decided it was a good time to go back inside as well, and headed in in search of Shoneah, leaving Miyuki to her own devices.

The following morning, after breakfast, everyone went about their business as usual. What was different about this morning was that Kyrie sought out Miyuki instead of going off on her own as she usually did.

"Hey Miyuki," she grinned, sidling up to the kitsune, "I don't think you've had the chance to go up in a flet yet ... want to?"
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sun May 10, 2015 10:58 pm

Miyuki stopped what she was doing and blinked. Now that Kyrie mentioned it, she hadn't gone up yet, now how did that happen?

"Okay!" Miyuki replied in a sort of sing a song sort of fashion, "I don't know why I haven't yet, but sure!"

It was sort of amusing that she hadn't yet.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sun May 10, 2015 11:02 pm

Kyrie chuckled. "Well, considering that we're leaving tomorrow or the day after, it's pretty much your last chance. And I don't recommend taking any of the Pokemon, the steps are dangerous enough for people who can lift their feet high enough to reach each next step, but for animals who are half the size of the space between them ... not a good idea."

She picked up her bag and slung it over her shoulder. "We do need to go quickly, though, we need to catch Mirania and Lamruil before they go to work for the day. We sort of need to know if they're coming with us back to Amon Darthir or not. I thought you might like to come because if they do decide to come, they'll need somewhere to live while we're traveling."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sun May 10, 2015 11:14 pm

"Oh yes!" Miyuki exclaimed, "Let me grab my bag!"

She had forgotten about the offer, and quickly went off to grab her bag which held a notebook and a fountain pen in case of situations were she would have to make notes on the fly. Once she had what she needed, she hurried back to join Kyrie.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sun May 10, 2015 11:19 pm

Kyrie was ready to go when Miyuki returned, and she grinned at her and held the tent flap open so that Miyuki could lead the way outside.

Of course, they were directly beneath Mirania and Lamruil's home, so they didn't need to worry about getting lost. Kyrie led Miyuki to the steps that wound around the tree's massive trunk.

"Watch your steps," Kyrie cautioned her. "A fall from more than halfway up will be deadly ... and lower will still be quite painful."

The elves, she knew, did this for protection, and she could think of no way to make their homes safer against wild animals.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sun May 10, 2015 11:23 pm

Miyuki nodded, it wasn't like she could fly. She would imagine steps like these would be ideal for elves who were use to living in trees and winged beings. She understood why those who could fly took flight when they could.

The kitsune took extra steps to make sure her skirt or tails weren't in the way. It might have been easier to morph so she didn't have to walk up with tails, but that was something she rarely did. Like her mother, it was odd not being quite in her own skin. Even being a fox was more natural than being without her tails.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sun May 10, 2015 11:29 pm

It took them a while, but they finally made it up to the top of the steps and the safety of a flet. It was wide - at least twenty feet from the trunk - and long, and there was a wall around it: a little above waist height for Kyrie, about waist height for the elves. The floor boards were carved with leaves and vines, as were the walls, and the tops of each wall plank had a leaf-shaped hole in it. The nearer part had pillows, cushions, rugs and blankets for people to sit on and be comfortable, while further along the flet there were crates and piles of supplies - a storage area.

"Mirania!" Kyrie called out, looking further up into the tree.

There were more flets above them, each one impossible to see into from below. But from the one highest up in the tree, twenty or thirty feet above Kyrie and Miyuki's heads, Mirania's head appeared, poking over the side of the wall. She smiled when she saw the two of them and waved a greeting.

"Be right down!" she called, her voice slightly faint due to the distance and leaves between them. Then her head disappeared again, and Kyrie grinned at Miyuki.

"Give her thirty seconds," she winked at her.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sun May 10, 2015 11:39 pm

Miyuki giggled at that, "Of course..."

After the first time they met Mirania, it wouldn't surprise Miyuki in the least.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Mon May 11, 2015 7:21 pm

A moment later, a rope was thrown over the side of the uppermost flet, and then Mirania appeared hands around the rope. Her ankles crossed with the rope between them, and then there was a soft sliding sound as she slid quickly down the rope.

Seconds later, she was on the flet next to Kyrie and Miyuki.

"What's going on?" she asked brightly. "Need me for something?"
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Mon May 11, 2015 8:04 pm

"Well..." Miyuki started, "We did want to know about your travel plans.Whether or not you and Lamruil wanted to come traveling with us for a while."

Since that was really the reason why Kyrie brought her up here.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Mon May 11, 2015 8:38 pm

"Ah ..." Mirania bit her lip anxiously. "I honestly ... I would love to go, but Lamruil is a bit iffy on the subject ... If we do go, then the village is going to be short two climbers, and there are already so few climbers. On the other hand, it's been five hundred years since I've seen my brother, and I would so dearly love to see him again."

"But they did without Lamruil for a while, and you took some time off," Kyrie reminded her friend. "And honestly, it's your brother. You really ought to see him. Even I couldn't go that long without finding Khetal."

"Well, I can try to convince Lamruil," Mirania smiled sheepishly. "Can I get back to you this afternoon about this?"

Kyrie shrugged one shoulder. "I suppose," she agreed, "but we'll be leaving in a few days, and if you're coming with us you'll need a chance to pack, and we'll need some time to prepare a room for the two of you. Or a tree, if you prefer, I'm sure we can work something out in one of the gardens."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Mon May 11, 2015 8:42 pm

"We don't have large trees...." Miyuki murmured... "But I'm sure we could grow a tree large enough to have a small tent... a tree tent?"

Miyuki's ability was no where near good enough to grow a tree, but she could think of a compromise somehow... even though she didn't know if the two were coming yet.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Mon May 11, 2015 8:48 pm

"I was thinking Lancaeriel could help grow a massive tree like the ones here, and then Daeron could help build them a proper home of flets," Kyrie replied, looking to Miyuki. "Or at least as close as we can get to it in there. I don't know exactly how large those gardens are. I mean, unless you have something else you could do for them."

"I have to admit that does sound like fun," Mirania grinned widely.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Mon May 11, 2015 8:53 pm

"No... my plant magic is still in learning phase, Lancaeriel would be a better bet to grow something that large," Miyuki replied, "As for how big the garden, I don't know that neither, Lancaeriel would know because she actually made the gardens."

She paused and chuckled looking at Mirania,

"There's always fun somewhere around the corner."

Because weird things kept happening to them.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Mon May 11, 2015 9:01 pm

Mirania chuckled softly. "So I see. Well, I'll see if I can't convince Lamruil. Give me a few hours, all right? I think I might be able to manage it ... There are two young climbers nearly ready to take their place officially, if Thorontur accepts them. And if he does, then our places will be filled and there won't be anything to stop us from coming with you."

"And if you can't convince him, let me try it," Kyrie laughed. "It would be so much fun traveling with the two of you."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Mon May 11, 2015 9:04 pm

It sounded like Kyire was quite into the idea of having these two along.

"Okay," Miyuki agreed, "Here's hoping then. Besides, I hear it would be great to catch Caranthir off balance for once."

Since normally he did that to everyone else.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Mon May 11, 2015 9:37 pm

Mirania laughed heartily at the thought of catching her brother off guard.

"I would love to see the look on his face!" she exclaimed. "Oh how I miss him ..."

Kyrie chuckled. "Then I look forward to getting your response this afternoons," she grinned. "Later."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Mon May 11, 2015 10:00 pm

"See you later," Miyuki agreed.

And she really hoped they would come along, it would be fun indeed.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Mon May 11, 2015 10:05 pm

Mirania had to go back up to speak with her husband, and Kyrie and Miyuki headed back down the tree.

"Do you have plans for the rest of the day?" Kyrie asked her as they descended the steps. "We've only a few days left here, so if there's something you want to see or somewhere you want to go, this is the time."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 14 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14  Next