The World of Arda
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Inching through Illsbruic - 119 4A

2 posters

Page 1 of 11 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Inching through Illsbruic - 119 4A Empty Inching through Illsbruic - 119 4A

Post by Nara-pyon Tue May 12, 2015 11:38 pm

Illsbruic was a land of tropical sun and heat. Even before crossing the border into the country, the forest turned to jungle, thick fronds replacing the grassy floor, the trees going from deciduous to tropical. Palms, orange tree, banana trees, trees with other fruits, nuts and more surrounded the group at every step. Shiro identified what plants he could and asked Kyrie to identify the ones he couldn't. Their diet became greatly varied, their meals more diverse.

The days of the Enderi passed and Fading began, but the days grew steadily warmer. It became harder for Daenis to stay outside all day, even with Ira, and after a few weeks it was discovered that she was with child. From that point she traveled with the group for half days and then spent the remainder of her time inside.

Mirania and Lamruil were fun to travel with, full of energy and humour, and it was infectious. It was rare that anyone was in a foul mood.

"Unbelievable," Shiro murmured as they walked. "This place ... honestly, I think this is the most beautiful place we've traveled through yet."

"You think this is beautiful?" Kyrie grinned. "Just wait. A week more and we'll be in Nygard, which I honesty believe is the most beautiful place in this country. A mountain lake surrounded by jungle ... There's a small village there, very friendly people. They'll have a feast for us, I promise."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

https://twoarda.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Inching through Illsbruic - 119 4A Empty Re: Inching through Illsbruic - 119 4A

Post by Kara Winters Tue May 12, 2015 11:41 pm

Miyuki was delighted at the different types of fruits, nuts, and veggies, there were many things here she thought they wouldn't find until they got back to Naros. She look in as much of the sights as possible as they walked.

"That does sound lovely," Miyuki admitted, "You have friends there?"

Since Kyrie sounded like she knew that place, relatively well.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Tue May 12, 2015 11:49 pm

Kyrie laughed. "I have friends just about everywhere," she winked at Miyuki. "And it's interesting - while the races are spread across the continent and have very little to do with each other, they're very similar to other countries of their own race. Earth Elves across the continent love feasting and stories. Especially if you come with a gift. They really like that."

"Just how much of your time do you spend traveling?" Mirania asked her friend in wonder. "I mean, I know you travel, but ..."

Kyrie snickered again. "Depends on who you talk to. I feel like not enough. My husband says far too much. I'm sure Khetal agrees with Ahkshi."

"Less so now that I'm traveling along with her," Khetal agreed.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Tue May 12, 2015 11:53 pm

Miyuki chuckled, "And how has traveling been so far?"

She wondered how Khetal was doing, he seemed to be spending a lot of time in the lab and with Wren. Despite the fact really, this was a trip to be traveling with his sister.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Wed May 13, 2015 12:01 am

Khetal smiled at Miyuki. "Much different than I had anticipated," he replied softly. "I must say, I am enjoying traveling with all of you. It's ... well, I suppose less physical than I expected, but at the same time, more than I was ready for. Probably the best way to begin a life of travel."

"Glad to have been of help," Kaito quipped, grinning widely.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Wed May 13, 2015 12:02 am

Miyuki blinked and looked at Kaito, and then at Khetal and then back at Kaito.

"What did you do?"

Because a grin that wide had to be earned somehow.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Wed May 13, 2015 12:11 am

"Oh, nothing," Kaito chuckled. "I just meant that if we weren't around to travel with him and Kyrie, he'd have a harder time of it. No giant magical tent, no lab ..."

"I do feel rather spoiled," Khetal agreed. "It is quite a treat to be traveling with all of you. I don't think I ever really understood what Kyrie's kind of traveling was really like."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Wed May 13, 2015 7:58 pm

Miyuki nodded, "It is hard to imagine now isn't it? Now that you've traveled like this. I've been traveling since I was a baby... I think I've gotten to the point where it's hard to remember what it was like before any sort of tent."

Miyuki had begun making deceptively larger tents before they even begun traveling around this continent. It wasn't a hard leap of logic going from endless bags to larger than expected tents.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Wed May 13, 2015 8:12 pm

"I have no idea what it's like not to travel," Andarien put in. "I was born when we were traveling, and we've been traveling since. Except for when we stopped in Caras Galadhon but I don't know if that counts."

"How long were you there?" Shoneah asked curiously.

Andarien had to think about that. "A little over a year, I think," he mused aloud. "That's where I did my apprenticeship."

"For those little nick-knacks you showed us that you made?" Mirania smiled.

Andarien nodded. It had been a while since he had finished a project, since he had been spending a lot of time with Shoneah instead. The last thing he had finished was the music box he had made for Shoneah.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Wed May 13, 2015 8:19 pm

Miyuki nodded, "We spent the year there to prepare for this trip, since there was a lot to prepare for."

Also, they weren't in a hurry, and it did allow Andarien to learn gears which was even better.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Wed May 13, 2015 8:30 pm

"Actually, that was my request," Kyrie laughed. "I wanted to spend time with my sister and her family."

"You went as long without visiting them as you did me?" Mirania teased Kyrie.

Kyrie grinned. "Nearly so long, yes. I'm hoping not to wait so long next time."

"Good," Khetal put in, straight-faced. "Otherwise I'm afraid I'd have to have some more words with Ahkshi."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Wed May 13, 2015 8:39 pm

"Why Ahkshi?" Lin asked with a bit of amusement.

Because of course, it was Ahkshi and it was hard to imagine anyone having more than words with him.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Wed May 13, 2015 8:52 pm

Kyrie slapped her brother's arm playfully. "Because the first time Khetal and Ahkshi met was before Ahkshi and I were married, and Khetal was playing the part of the overprotective big brother. He gave Ahkshi a bit of a hard time, I'm afraid."

Khetal chuckled. "Well, I had to make sure he was good enough for you, didn't I?"

"Oh, hush, you know he's the better of us by far." Kyrie shoved her brother playfully. Khetal stumbled a bit, but caught his footing again just in time to keep from falling, and chuckled again.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Wed May 13, 2015 8:59 pm

Lin chuckled at that, "And yet I shouldn't be surprised your brother would do that."

It seems like a family thing, her father had done that a few times from what she heard. Well, not scare people off (unless you included the taser incident), but he had a tendency of doing backgrounds checks.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Wed May 13, 2015 9:14 pm

"It does seem a bit out of character for Khetal, though," Wren mused.

"Not really," Khetal smiled. "It's just a side of me that few people see. So few people need to. I know Kyrie can take care of herself, and probably all the rest of us, too."

"Still, it is comforting to know that Khetal will still stand up for me," Kyrie grinned, putting one arm around her brother's neck and pulling him closer for a part-hug.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Wed May 13, 2015 9:36 pm

With no where else to go in that line of conversation, the group began to chat about other things. Whether it was the land they were in, or questions what the town that was coming up would be like.

It was a peaceful walk towards their next destination.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Wed May 13, 2015 9:50 pm

Nygard was, as promised, another six days' walk south. The closer they got to the village, the more excited Kyrie became. She spoke of the beauty of the area, as well as the lake beside which it was situated.

But on the sixth day, as they left the trees behind them and made their way across an area of tall, thick jungle grasses, Kyrie became suddenly quiet, almost anxious. It was so different from her usual self that even Amir, young though he was, noticed the difference in her.

Cael was watching her closely. "Kyrie?" he asked in an undertone when Kyrie stopped abruptly, her brow furrowed in confusion. "Something wrong?"

Kyrie stared at the area ahead of them - thick trees - and frowned.

"This is where it is," she muttered under her breath. Her voice was almost too soft to hear. "I know this is where it is ... this is where it's always been ..."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Wed May 13, 2015 10:00 pm

"What is?" Lin asked looking around.

Did she mean a landmark of some sort? Or something else? Perhaps a creature? One never knew with Kyrie.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Wed May 13, 2015 10:08 pm

"The village." Kyrie dropped her bag and stared. "I mean ... it should be right there. Where all those trees are. It should be right there."

Shiro looked at the trees thoughtfully. Some of the others were exchanging glances, others were trying to think of explanations, and some just looked plain confused.

"You're sure about this, Kyrie?" Khetal asked gently. "I mean it's been at least two centuries since you've been this way ..."

"I'm positive," Kyrie insisted. "It should be - you know what, let's just check it out. Maybe I am losing my mind." She shook her head incredulously. "I just can't imagine ..."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Wed May 13, 2015 10:12 pm

"Agreed," Lin nodded, "Maybe, if we keep going we'll find it."

It could have shifted over as houses were rebuilt, elves were immortal, but houses not so much even if you kept them in the best condition, sometimes it was best to rebuild and start over.

Eron scanned the treeline, taking in the surroundings as if it would yield a clue. The trees were very green he noted and there was something about the earth here...

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Wed May 13, 2015 10:27 pm

"Wow," Lancaeriel murmured appreciatively as they approached the trees. "I've never seen such impressive greenery ... it's so ..."

"Vibrant," Cael grinned. "Beautiful."

"What's that?" Shoneah asked suddenly, pointing at something that lay between two trees.

Kyrie picked up her pace, making her way quickly to where Shoneah had pointed. There, she frowned. It was far from complete, but it was a skeleton - human or elven (more likely elven considering the country), the bones brown and dirty, many of them missing, but the skull and upper torso intact.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Wed May 13, 2015 10:29 pm

The others hurried to catch up and Miyuki was taken aback by the sight. She may have seen mangled bodies but this was the first time she had seen a skeleton.

"That's... a skeleton..." Lin murmured.

"And it's been here a while," Eron added.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Wed May 13, 2015 10:43 pm

Kyrie knelt next to the skeleton to examine it. As Eron said, it had been there a while. The staining to the bones was deep, and half of the skull was buried. But there were far fewer gnaw marks on it than she would have expected.

"Khetal," she called, motioning for her brother to join her.

He knelt beside her and looked at the bones without speaking.

"There!" Iorlas exclaimed in dismay, pointing further into the trees. "Another one!" She clutched Amir close, shrinking back against Daeron.

Kyrie and Khetal looked sharply in the direction Iorlas had pointed, and sure enough there was another skeleton, this one complete, tangled in the roots of a tree.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Wed May 13, 2015 10:47 pm

"You don't think...." Miyuki looked at Eron.

If anyone could maybe sense foreign objects, it would be Eron. He wouldn't be able to tell if they were bone or not (though he could tell if there was metal), but he would be able to tell there was something there.

Eron focused, as he stared at the ground, "Give me a moment."

He spread his senses out, looking for any disturbances in the earth, or anything that would be unusual, like something that wasn't rock, or even pure or mixed metals that wouldn't be found in nature or very rarely in large quantities.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Wed May 13, 2015 10:58 pm

Kyrie stood slowly, her face expressionless. For a moment, she simply looked around, then took a step towards the second skeleton.

At that moment, the ground began to shake, making everyone brace just to keep their balance. Amir started to whimper, and Andarien's Pokemon gathered around him protectively, even though there was nothing they could do at the moment.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 11 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next