The World of Arda
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Inching through Illsbruic - 119 4A

2 posters

Page 10 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Inching through Illsbruic - 119 4A - Page 10 Empty Re: Inching through Illsbruic - 119 4A

Post by Kara Winters Wed May 27, 2015 10:43 pm

"One of them, just has colourings similar to an Earth elf despite her blond hair and the other was made to look like that with magic," Lin explained, "Since someone had to go in and find you. Lashrael helped with the cover story."

Since she knew what wouldn't stand out so much, which was good. Lin wasn't use to this level of suspicion, even from countries that didn't quite trust them for being different.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Inching through Illsbruic - 119 4A - Page 10 Empty Re: Inching through Illsbruic - 119 4A

Post by Nara-pyon Sat May 30, 2015 6:34 pm

Jassin looked at Lashrael, who shrugged. "They needed a story that wouldn't arouse suspicions," she said simply.

Jassin smiled and kissed her lightly on the forehead. He had to lean down slightly to do so, but it was clearly a familiar action for him. "Well," he murmured, "I'm sure I'll meet them in the morning."

"Thank you, Lin, for everything," Lashrael smiled warmly at the angel. "I don't know what I would have done without you."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

https://twoarda.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sat May 30, 2015 6:46 pm

"I think everyone in the group would agree when they say they're just happy that you're happy," Lin replied, "You've been through a lot, and everyone needs a bit of help getting on their feet again."

This was true for them anyways, helping other people in need, no matter who it was good.

"At any rate, I'll leave you for tonight," Lin nodded at the two, "I'll see you in the morning."

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sat May 30, 2015 7:05 pm

The couple also bid Lin a good night and retired to their room. Lancaeriel was already on her way back inside, and she also bid Lin a goodnight as she headed back to her own room, and then, once everyone was asleep, all was quiet.

When dawn broke, Andarien was the first one in the kitchen. Having fallen asleep so early the night before, he had been up since long before the sun rose. He had already even stepped outside for some air - but the air was thick and humid, the clouds dark and heavy, and he quickly returned inside. He had already eaten, and was tossing bits of fruit across the kitchen for his Pokemon to catch. Zeus and Eon were making a competition of it, using various attacks - toned down so as not to make noise or be destructive - to beat each other to the morsels.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sat May 30, 2015 7:38 pm

"Morning," Miyuki murmured as she stepped the kitchen.

She tried not to chuckle as Suki got into the fray, taking a running leap to grab some food out of the air. Ryo wanted to join, but Ai thought he was too young to try out competing the older eevees and grabbed him by the scuff of his neck instead.

The kitsune peeked outside before pulling back in and wrinkling her nose.

"There's going to be a thunderstorm..." she murmured.

It was a good thing the tent runes had been activated, they wouldn't be able to go very far if they had to move now. Though sensing this, she also realized that their other guest had now arrived.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sat May 30, 2015 7:45 pm

Andarien mumbled a good morning back to Miyuki, watching her boredly as she checked outside before tossing another bit of fruit to the Pokemon. This time, Zeus plowed through the others, his fur crackling with electricity, and Eon jumped back as he received a powerful shock. Zeus snapped up the morsel triumphantly and sat back on his haunches to enjoy it.

"Too hot to go out anyways," he sighed, running his fingers through his hair. He used both hands to brush his hair and frowned. "Need a haircut," he muttered, mostly to himself.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sat May 30, 2015 8:59 pm

"It's been quite a while since any of us had one hasn't it?" Miyuki asked with a bit of amusement.

She went to get some fruit to cut up for her own Pokemon, as she didn't want Suki to keep eating the ones meant for Andarien's Pokemon (when she got it) and Ryo would be less likely to join if she just fed them.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sat May 30, 2015 9:09 pm

Andarien flicked some stray hairs away from his ears. "Yeah. Starting to get in my face, though. Makes it dangerous in the forge."

He glanced at Miyuki. "Think Aunt Iorlas would cut it for me today?"

Iorlas had the best scissors, since she was the tailor of the bunch, and she had already proven rather skilful with cutting hair, even managing a few simple style requests.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sat May 30, 2015 9:44 pm

"I don't see why not, we're not going anywhere, at least not yet with the rain coming. At least, I'm sure it's coming and it'll make it difficult to travel..." Miyuki murmured thoughtfully.

She wondered if their two newest companions would have to stay in the tent until they left the country...

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sat May 30, 2015 9:54 pm

A few others came into the kitchen, among them Iorlas, who set about preparing breakfast for others.

"Morning, all," Daeron greeted the others as he set Amir on the floor. The boy looked a bit sleepy, but he picked up Kaede and slung her over his shoulder as he toddled towards the playroom. "I hear our new guest came last night."

"So please, try to avoid the bedroom hallway and let Lin and Lancaeriel sleep," Iorlas added as she pulled out a frying pan. "It was quite late when Jassin arrived."

Andarien blinked. "He's here?"
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sat May 30, 2015 10:23 pm

Miyuki nodded, "Yea... the protection array has been activated so he's here..."

Even if she hadn't seen him yet, she wondered what he was like. Miyuki wondered if maybe she should be in her workshop then, working on.. something.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sat May 30, 2015 10:45 pm

"Huh ..." Andarien looked thoughtful, and he slouched back in his chair, one hand still playing with his long hair.

At that moment, Mirania and Lamruil entered the kitchen from the other hallway, both of them bright and cheery.

"Morning!" Mirania beamed as her husband behind her stretched his arms over his head. "You know, it's just incredible how perfect the weather always is in that garden of Wren's. Honestly, some of you should come see it sometime. And the tree seems to grow every day!"

She laughed, and Iorlas shushed her, smiling.

"Some people were up quite late last night," she reminded the exuberant woman. "They need to rest."

"Ah, sorry about that," Mirania smiled, upbeat as ever, though her voice was much quieter.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sat May 30, 2015 10:57 pm

"Well it should," Miyuki chuckled, "It's always getting fed energy to keep up that growth."

Miyuki had been tending to it, but she always had to do it with Lanceriael. Though it was good practice for her to.. grow a tree, even if it was with help.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sat May 30, 2015 11:13 pm

"Well, with the weather in there being what it is, we might not even need a shelter," Lamruil chuckled softly, pulling out a chair for his wife to sit down on.

Iorlas was still working on breakfast, and already the sound of eggs sizzling and the smell of strips of ocelot meat were enough to get peoples' mouths watering. There was light conversation as she worked, and at length the meal was ready. By that time they had been joined by several others as well, and once the table was set, they set about eating.

Suddenly the door to the residential hall slid open, and Lashrael entered with her fiance. The room went silent as the travelers checked out their new companion.

Jassin was tall and muscular, and his shaggy brown hair was only slightly paler than his brown skin. His eyes were rich and dark, but filled with warmth, and he was overall quite ruggedly handsome. He had a military bearing about him that even his casual clothes could not hide, and his training showed in the way that he himself was looking at everyone else, sizing them up silently.

"Good morning," he greeted them with a smile, nodding his head politely to them.

"Everyone, this is my fiance, Jassin," Lashrael added, smiling rather widely. She herself was looking better than she had since the group had found her: she was relaxed, not tense, and all lines of anxiety had been erased from her face. She looked centuries younger, and moved more freely as well. It was clear that finding her love had been beneficial for her in many, many ways. "Jassin, these are ..." And she introduced those who were present, adding in their race, origin, and relationship with those who had already been introduced.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sat May 30, 2015 11:34 pm

Everyone else made their greetings to Jassin, or welcomed him into the group. Even the Pokemon gave their own yips or opinions on the matter.

"We're just about to have breakfast," Miyuki told the two, "Take a seat, I think there should be room."

Since the kitchen had to be expanded.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sun May 31, 2015 12:08 am

"It is a rather large table," Jassin said admiringly as Lashrael led him to the table.

"Yes, but you haven't seen how many people live in here yet," she reminded him as they sat. "It does get quite crowded when everyone's in here at the same time."

Iorlas rose from her seat and brought more dishes to the table for the newcomers and served them some breakfast immediately. "So do you two have any plans for what you'll do now that you're together?" she asked them brightly.

The couple exchanged a glance. "Well ..." Lashrael began.

"We've not really had the chance to discuss it," Jassin replied for her, taking her hand in his. He lifted it to his mouth and kissed her hand lightly. "Marriage, as soon as possible, though." He smiled warmly at Lashrael, and Lashrael smiled widely, interlocking her fingers with his.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sun May 31, 2015 1:01 am

"Is there anything you need?" Miyuki asked.

She wasn't sure if a feast was standard for them or what else they might want for a marriage. It varied from people to people and place to place she found.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sun May 31, 2015 11:30 am

Jassin looked to Lashrael and raised one eyebrow slightly as if they had already had a similar discussion. She looked back at him silently for a moment, then nodded briefly and turned back to Miyuki.

"The first thing we would like is to know more about the different marriage traditions in different countries," she said quietly. "If we're no longer to be a part of Illsbruic, then we have agreed that we no longer need to be bound by its culture. We know that all of you have traveled to many lands - and are even from many different lands - so we were hoping that you would be able to tell us what traditions are out there."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sun May 31, 2015 6:19 pm

Miyuki looked thoughtful, "It depends on how complicated or simple you wish it to be."

Her mind took stock of the many weddings she had heard of or been to over the years.

"There are a lot of places that simply accept marriage as a verbal agreement though some also do this with an exchange of jewelery, rings being the most common choice..."

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sun May 31, 2015 6:38 pm

"In Quir, once a couple agrees that they want to marry, a house is built for them," Mirania offered. "Once it's done, they move in and that's the marriage."

"I'm not even going to tell you about marriage in Jielam," Mailon muttered darkly. "You really don't want to know."

Daenis put one hand on Mailon's arm to calm him.

"I think I like the sound of the verbal agreement," Jassin smiled at Lashrael.

Lashrael grinned right back at him. "We don't need anything more, do we?" she murmured.

Jassin shook his head. "I don't believe so."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sun May 31, 2015 9:43 pm

Miyuki smiled, "We should have a special dinner at least, that's what we did for Mailon and Daenis. I think we managed to collect enough yesterday..."

Between her going out to forage and Kyrie doing hunting.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sun May 31, 2015 10:08 pm

"Well, we would be honoured," Jassin smiled. "Thank you."

Lashrael looked around at everyone. "I don't know how we could ever thank you all for all you've done for us. Helping me discover what happened to my family, helping us find each other again, allowing us to travel with you ..."

"You had better make that the last time you thank them," Daenis giggled, her pale eyes bright. "It's what they do, and they don't expect any thanks. All they want is to help people out."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sun May 31, 2015 11:19 pm

Miyuki chuckled at this, because it was true they just seemed to help people wherever they went.

"Everyone needs a bit of help... no matter who it is..."

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Mon Jun 01, 2015 12:03 am

A short while later, just about everyone had entered the kitchen, and those who had finished their breakfast needed to leave the table so that the later risers would have space to sit and eat. Andarien had just risen from the table when there was a loud crack of thunder outside, making him jump and cover his ears.

"Sounds like we're staying put for at least today," Kyrie commented as she entered the kitchen from the direction of the bedrooms. She made her way to the door and poked her head out, and let out a low whistle as she came back inside. "Cael, Lancaeriel, one of you mind putting up one of your barriers? With wind like this we're liable to be blown clear off the mountaintop."

"I'll get it," Cael volunteered, rising from his seat.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Mon Jun 01, 2015 12:07 am

"I guess we're waiting for now," Lin murmured thoughtfully.

That was fine, it would give her time to write about this country, Lashrael's village and about the couple themselves. A lot had happened within the last few days.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next