The World of Arda
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Easing Through Eaulir - 119 4A

2 posters

Page 16 of 32 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 24 ... 32  Next

Go down

Easing Through Eaulir - 119 4A - Page 16 Empty Re: Easing Through Eaulir - 119 4A

Post by Kara Winters Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:08 pm

"You're welcome," Miyuki replied warmly before pausing, "Oh! Let's check to make sure they're not in the dojo first before heading back to the kitchen. They're probably in the living room, but sometimes if Amir likes to play with Kaede they do so in the dojo."

Just because it was the only place where it wouldn't ruin the whole room (or it wouldn't matter if it did). The two had been pretty much barred from the gardens because of their play.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Easing Through Eaulir - 119 4A - Page 16 Empty Re: Easing Through Eaulir - 119 4A

Post by Nara-pyon Sat Aug 29, 2015 10:20 pm

Nix nodded and, taking her husband's hand, followed after Miyuki. She was certain her son would be all right, but that didn't mean she wasn't eager to get back to him.

"Lead the way," Atl smiled.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

https://twoarda.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sat Aug 29, 2015 11:27 pm

"Right, this way," Miyuki nodded as she led them to the dojo.

She hoped that of the three were playing that they were playing in the stone area, it would mean less clean up if Kaede got overly excited. Sliding the door open, she peeked inside to see if the boys and Pokemon were there.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sat Aug 29, 2015 11:46 pm

Kaede and the boys were not in the dojo; instead, it was Jassin and Lamruil. Having grown up in a peaceful forest, and living the life of a climber, Lamruil had never needed to learn how to fight or defend himself against anything but forest animals. Jassin, on the other hand, had been fighting his entire life, and since the journey the group had undertaken was a perilous one, Lamruil had asked the soldier to teach him.

They were in the main part of the dojo now, and Jassin was teaching him the basic motions of using a sword. When the door opened, they paused and turned towards it.

"Can we help you?" Jassin asked, a bit gruffly. At the Water Elves' blank looks, he repeated the question in their tongue.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sat Aug 29, 2015 11:50 pm

"Sorry, I was just checking to see if the boys were in here. Since Amir and Kaede are not allowed to play anywhere inside the tent but the dojo," Miyuki explained, "We'll just head out now towards the kitchen, if they're not in the living room, they should be outside."

She wondered if the other Pokemon had headed outside or if they were loitering in the kitchen.

"We'll leave you to your training," the kitsune waved before closing the door.

She realized she should explain.

"The dojo is normally used for training, but because Kaede sometimes makes a mess when she plays, we often ask that the two play either in the dojo or outside."

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sun Aug 30, 2015 12:11 am

The Water Elves nodded in understanding.

"So we should check outside?" Atl asked, starting down the hallway again.

Chelan looked back over his shoulder before following after his brother.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sun Aug 30, 2015 12:50 am

"I think so then. I mean, they could be in the living room, but it's easy to check as it's connected to the kitchen," Miyuki replied.

She added as she led them out of the hallway.

"But I'm pretty sure they're playing outside."

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sun Aug 30, 2015 1:08 am

"Because the boy is not allowed to play inside except in the dojo," Chelan added to show his understanding. "Then we'll see soon enough."

As they entered the kitchen, Nix looked towards the living room and play room for her son and Amir. Neither of them were there, and the kitchen itself was empty as well.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sun Aug 30, 2015 5:50 pm

Then outside then, Miyuki thought to herself as she opened the tent flap, and let everyone go through first. She wondered of Amir went back to making whatever he was making in the sand.

If Amir was out there, she was pretty sure others would be out there as well.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sun Aug 30, 2015 6:03 pm

Amir was indeed outside, playing with Teslin, and the two of them were building a fortress out of the sand near the water's edge. Kaede was splashing through the shallowest water while at the same time keeping an eye on the two boys.

She wasn't the only one watching them, either. Mirania and Iorlas were sitting together in the sand near the tent, chatting together and enjoying the sun. Further up the beach, Mailon and Daenis were out for a walk, their feet in the water, hands together as they went.

When the others emerged from the tent, the two women waved a greeting to them.

"So how do you like our home?" Iorlas called out brightly.

Nix smiled shyly and took her husband's hand, moving closer to him, and Atl chuckled softly and took it upon himself to reply for her. "Rather impressive, admittedly."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:54 pm

Miyuki also noticed that her Pokemon were outside, though most were sunbathing. She had to eye Yasu though, baking in the sand, that sand was going to be difficult to get out of his fur.

"Looks like the kids are having fun," she murmured a bit amused.

The fortress reminded her of how kids would build the same thing out of snow.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:22 pm

Nix smiled warmly at Miyuki's comment. "Teslin loves playing in the sand," she murmured. "Atl plays with him quite a bit, usually after we've gone swimming."

Then, stepping forward, she called out her son's name. The boy looked up from what he was doing with Amir and the sand and blinked at her.

"Already?" he asked, his expression clearly showing that he hoped it wasn't actually time to go.

Nix smiled at him. "Yes, we have people waiting for us."

"Thanks once again for the meal, and for showing us your home," Atl said to Miyuki as Chelan headed towards the ocean. "I have to say, I'm glad we came ... I never thought that I would ever be ... ahm ... comfortable ... amongst other ... er ..."

"Races," Chelan called over his shoulder. "It's not a cuss word, you know."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:17 pm

Miyuki giggled at that, now that she thought about it. Alt and Chelan really do act like brothers.

"We'll be here all winter, so feel free to visit. I'll even tell a few stories next time," Miyuki offered.

Besides, it was so rare that Amir got to play with anyone close to his age.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:36 pm

"Then we shall be sure to visit again," Atl smiled at Miyuki. "Thank you."

"And you should come to see us sometime," Nix invited Miyuki. "Not all of you at once, you understand, but ... a few of you at a time?"

There was a hopeful expression on her face, but mixed with doubt, as if she wasn't sure Miyuki - or anyone - would accept.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Tue Sep 01, 2015 11:15 pm

That certainly made Miyuki's day. The kitsune smiled wide as if Christmas had come early for her.

"That would be great!" she exclaimed, "And I'm sure there are others would who would like to visit too."

Even if it was a temporary village, it would be a neat thing to see.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Wed Sep 02, 2015 12:00 am

"But not all at once, I hope," Nix said quickly, clearly alarmed. "Just a few at a time..."

Atl chuckled softly. "I'm sure she understood that, love," he murmured, hugging her with one arm. Then, as their son reached them, he gathered him in his free arm and hugged him as well. "It is time to go, though, so once again, Miyuki, thank you."

Teslin smiled at Miyuki and waved shyly, and Nix, blushing, smiled at Miyuki as well. "Yes, thank you," she murmured. "And we shall see you again soon, I hope."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:37 pm

"You're welcome, and I look forward to see you all again," Miyuki waved.

She wasn't sure when it happened, but they all seemed to have opened up (well it was hard to tell with Chelan still, just a bit.)

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:54 pm

With one final wave, the Water Elves headed into the water. Once they were out deep enough, they turned and headed up the coast.

When they were gone, Iorlas called to Miyuki, "So? Good visit?"
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:41 pm

"I think so," Miyuki replied, "They were starting to open up a bit by the end of the tour. There were moments though, but I can't tell if it's cultural or just a personal bias... maybe a bit of both."

She especially noticed it from Chelan who tended to be more blunt, while Alt and Nix tended to be more diplomatic. There was also (now that Miyuki's annoyance at the incident had faded) an odd harshness to his reaction to Daenis' and Mailon's room. Maybe it was just her.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:51 pm

"Considering what we've heard in other countries, the stories that are told about other races, it really can't come as a surprise that they would have biases," Iorlas pointed out.

Mirania couldn't help but add, "Even in our land, where we're more or less at peace with all the nations around us, we're told tales that keep us more or less to ourselves. It wasn't until I met Kyrie that I learned otherwise."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Thu Sep 03, 2015 11:36 pm

Miyuki hmm-ed at that, because she had already figured that a long time ago.

"I don't mean their bias in terms of race..." Miyuki began, "Chelan seemed... almost harsh when I tried to explain the reasoning behind the temperature control in Daenis' and Mailon's room. He seemed to feel very strongly that if there is anything one misses about their home, they should be living in their home country, not traveling. I was miffed at first because he didn't know Daenis, but honestly that could apply to a lot of us. Everyone takes parts of home with them whether they intended to travel or not."

The kitsune shrugged and finally took a seat with the others.

"Though that... feeling, might explain the initial lack of questions.... the odd lack of... curiousity when we first met Atl."

That had always struck Miyuki has a bit odd, she could never imagine not being curious about something new.

"Chelan was more curious," Miyuki added absently, "But I think more in the fact our existence confused him."

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:56 pm

"Confused him?" Iorlas questioned.

Mirania understood, and she smiled, amused. "Because in all of the stories that are told about the various races of our world," she guessed, "they are all about how the races should never mix, and how they can never get along."

She grinned at Miyuki. "Am I right?"
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:31 pm

"I won't say, since I never asked him directly, but it's quite possible," Miyuki cracked a smile as she admitted this, "I mean... it's understandable. It seems, just from talking to Atl and Chelan that their home is everything to them. To not be able to live underwater just because you no longer have the gift is unthinkable. So to emphasis how races should never mix, as much as I don't agree with it, it is very important."

It was the one different between elves from here and elves back in Arda, was that one ability to inherit a Gift. Following that train of thought, Miyuki added.

"After all if I had kids with an elf, or human, or some other race, I wouldn't have to worry about my kids not being able to visit the land of my birth or even potentially not inheriting any of my Gifts. Firstly because my way of life doesn't revolve around my Gifts and secondly, they will probably inherit at least one Gift, because that's the way Gaians are in general."

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sat Sep 05, 2015 12:17 am

Both women thought about that, and Iorlas nodded.

"You do make me wonder, though," she murmured softly, touching one hand lightly to her abdomen, "what our child might inherit. I have no gifts of my own, and Daeron-"

"You're expecting?" Mirania interrupted her, her eyes bright.

Iorlas bit her lower lip and smiled widely. After a moment, she simply nodded.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sun Sep 06, 2015 12:22 am

Miyuki gave a soft squeal and clapped her hands lightly together, "That's great! When did you know?"

Between Amir, Daenis' child and now Iorlas, she was wondering if she should make a proper playroom or just a bigger living room.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 32 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 24 ... 32  Next