The World of Arda
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Easing Through Eaulir - 119 4A

2 posters

Page 29 of 32 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32  Next

Go down

Easing Through Eaulir - 119 4A - Page 29 Empty Re: Easing Through Eaulir - 119 4A

Post by Nara-pyon Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:23 pm

"Probably because that's precisely what I mean," Lashrael nodded, and only the sparkle of her eyes showed how amused she was.

"Come now, it's not Holly's fault that she's so focused she doesn't see it," Wren grinned at Lashrael, though the comment was clearly meant to tease Holly. "Even if it is so hard to miss."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

https://twoarda.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Easing Through Eaulir - 119 4A - Page 29 Empty Re: Easing Through Eaulir - 119 4A

Post by Kara Winters Tue Oct 27, 2015 11:41 pm

Holly opened her mouth to protest and then closed it and then thought about it a bit more. It wasn't unusual for guys to spend time with her, but it was just different for some reason.

Still...

"I'm sure Shiro would dance just because it's something new," Holly ventured, "He does like to learn."

At least he was more open to it than Kaito it seemed.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Tue Oct 27, 2015 11:46 pm

"Sorry, not an excuse," Wren grinned. "He knows how. Kaito, I'm not sure about, though maybe he'd care to join, too, just for fun. Or to laugh at those who can't dance. But Shiro definitely knows how to dance."

"Of course, you don't have to take our word for it," Lashrael added. "You could just ask him."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:39 pm

"Well... I could..." Holly admitted.

She wasn't sure though, Shiro was always busy but he did seem to take time out for her.

"Does he like to dance?"

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:47 pm

"Now that's one thing I'm not sure about," Wren admitted. "He's never really had a dance partner, aside from any of his sisters."

"And how many sisters does he have?" Lashrael asked curiously.

"Ugh ..." Wren winced. "Don't ask. A lot. More than I can remember, many more than I could name. His mother, my cousin - she adopted quite a number of children, Shiro and Kaito included, and then had some biologically. And I haven't seen the whole family together since their mother married, and that was ... a long, long time ago."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:15 pm

Miyuki giggled at Wren's expression, "Aunt Elnara really did followed in Grandmother's footsteps."

She winked at Lashrael.

"And when I say Grandmother, I mean my mother's mother. The family is a bit complicated."

"I've heard rumours," Holly admitted.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:25 pm

"Complicated doesn't begin to cover it," Wren chuckled, "especially where your parents are concerned, Miyuki."

She turned her attention back to Holly. "At any rate, it doesn't hurt to ask. Valar know there are enough couples here we could really have an entire ball if we wanted."

"Or just a party, for us less royal folk," Lashrael laughed.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:55 pm

"Party... ball..." Holly shrugged with a smile, "It's an excuse to dress up."

And she was always up for that (not surprisingly). She had a whole set of clothes just for dressing up for occasions like that.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:58 pm

"It is," Wren chuckled. "But just you wait. I'm going to get home and be so used to not being in a palace that my father will hang his head and ask himself why on Arda he ever thought to allow me to travel so far."

Then she shrugged. "Though I suppose it's not like he isn't already doing that."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:50 pm

Miyuki shrugged, "You already preferred to do your own thing within reason anyways. I think traveling away from home was just natural. Besides, you're going to come back with all these skills and a lot of stories."

She didn't add, possibly with a special someone as well.

"So he can't hang his head too much."

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:54 pm

"Oh, he'll find a reason," Wren grinned. "Just you watch."

"At any rate, it looks like we're finished in here," Lashrael commented, looking around at the kitchen. "Was there anything else that needed doing before the new kitchen is a go, Miyuki?"

She looked to the kitsune for confirmation.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Thu Oct 29, 2015 11:05 pm

"Nope, we moved everything, even sorted all the food stuffs into the storage room here for easy access. All the furniture needed for the kitchen including more runed boxes have been put away. And everything for the dining room is in the dining room...."

Miyuki eyed the door that led to the dining room that was in the kitchen. It was probably a bit strange having to cut through the kitchen to get to the dining room, but it made sense to Miyuki when she arranged it.

"So I think we're done."

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Thu Oct 29, 2015 11:10 pm

"Good." Lashrael grinned. "Then I'm going to find Jassin and see if he wants to go swimming."

"Lab for me," Wren murmured with a smile. "I want to see if Khetal's interested in learning how to dance. Or I might just take off with him for a bit."

The two of them often went into the jungle to find new plants for their magical gardens. And of course, to spend time together.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Thu Oct 29, 2015 11:31 pm

Holly looked thoughtful, she could go back to working on clothes and really she should if she wanted the winter clothes done on time.

"Maybe I'll go to the workshop..." she murmured.

"I think, I would like to explore a bit," Miyuki grinned.

Which made sense, she had been cooped up in the tent trying to get everything ready.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Thu Oct 29, 2015 11:34 pm

"Remember not to go too far from the tent on your own," Wren cautioned Miyuki. "Even the experienced trackers don't go anywhere alone."

It was true they seemed to be in a relatively safe place, but that didn't mean that going off alone was wise. There were animals, after all, and if the sun went down or weather picked up then getting lost was a real possibility.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Fri Oct 30, 2015 11:56 pm

"I won't," Miyuki assured Wren, "I'll keep the tent in sight."

She just wanted to be out and about after spending so much time indoors.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sat Oct 31, 2015 12:38 am

And so they all went their separate ways. The afternoon passed as had many before it, peacefully, and just before the dinner hour, when the usual people were busily preparing the meal, Shoneah and Andarien - who had been out in the jungle together for the day - returned to the tent.

And they weren't alone.

"This way," Andarien said as he led the way into the tent. He held the flap open, and a Water Elven man stepped inside and looked around. He was tall, like Daeron, and slim yet muscular. There wasn't an ounce of fat on him - and that was easy to see. Like Atl and Chelan, he was mostly naked, and wore only a pair of what looked like sharkskin trunks. His skin, a translucent, pale blue-green, was smooth and glistened as though wet, though he wasn't dripping water anywhere. His eyes were the colour of the ocean, and below one eye, as small as a thumbnail, was a circular tattoo with curled lines in the top, and three wavy lines below, reminiscent of waves over a river. His hair, chin-length and shaggy, flipped out away from his face, and was the exact same colour as his eyes.

"Nice," he commented, looking around as Shoneah stepped into the tent behind him.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sat Oct 31, 2015 5:48 pm

Holly wandered out into the (now) main foyer of the tent, having finally pried herself away from her work. The clothes for colder weather should be done soon. Though she wasn't sure what to do about shoes, she was a seamstress not a cobbler.

Some nice boots would be nice, maybe if they stop by a town before going onward she thought.

"Welcome back," Holly murmured and then caught sight of the their new guest, "And welcome to our home."

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sat Oct 31, 2015 5:57 pm

The man grinned at Holly and looked her over appreciatively.

"Thanks," he said warmly. "Wow, you two weren't kidding about races I hadn't even heard of before." He winked at Holly. "Don't know what you are, sweetheart, but you sure are a pretty little thing."

"Killian!" Shoneah said sharply.

The man looked at her and held his hands up defensively. "Right, right," he said smoothly. He smiled at Holly. "Sorry. I get carried away."

Andarien muttered under his breath and reached for Shoneah's hand. Shoneah calmed down as soon as her hand was in Andarien's, and she looked towards Holly. "Killian was hoping to join us for dinner," she explained. "He promised," she added, stressing the word promised, "to be on his best behaviour."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sat Oct 31, 2015 8:19 pm

"Ah...." Holly blinked.

While the way Killian acted wasn't unheard of, it was something Holly had only experienced back in Gaia. So she really didn't know what to make of this guy.

"Is that so?" she finally replied glancing at Shoneah and Andarien, as if she needed more to go on. Since this man was kind of strange to her.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sat Oct 31, 2015 9:45 pm

"He has to," Shoneah smirked. "I jumped further than him."

Andarien shuddered at the comment, but Killian looked impressed. "Never thought I'd see someone who could jump further than me, cliff-jumping," he admitted. He grinned at Shoneah. "But this lass has some guts in her, I've got to say."

"Which means that he is invited so long as he behaves," Shoneah repeated with a nod.

Killian's hands came up defensively once more. "All right, all right! I've got it!"

Just then, Rose came in from the kitchen, wiping her hands on a towel. As usual, she was wearing her red hooded cloak, though for once the hood was down. "Dinner's ready," she told the others, eyeing the newcomer. "Hi. Rose."

"Killian," the man smiled, and he bowed deeply. "And may I say, how aptly named."

Rose looked at Holly and arched one eyebrow as if to ask, Are you kidding me?
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sat Oct 31, 2015 9:50 pm

Holly smirked and nodded, giving Rose a look to say behave. It wasn't like the two hadn't had men who were forward. Besides, Rose probably had that compliment at least once in her life.

"Anyhow, since dinner is ready," Holly started, "Why don't we head to the dining room?"

She decided that was the safer of the opinions to give them at the moment.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sat Oct 31, 2015 9:54 pm

"I'll go fetch the others," Rose nodded. "Meet you there."

"And we," Shoneah added, nodding at Andarien, "need to wash. We'll be there shortly as well."

Killian watched as the others went their separate ways, then turned back to Holly. "You and me, it seems," he grinned at her. "And I'm afraid I've not caught your name. I am Killian, as I'm sure you've surmised by now. And you are?"
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sat Oct 31, 2015 10:07 pm

Holly wished she hadn't been left alone with Killian, the last time she had ever met anyone this forward was years ago and he was a surfer dude whom she threatened at one point or another.

"My name is Holly," she smiled graciously and curtsied, putting on her best manners.

It was a fall back of hers when being put into uncomfortable situations.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sat Oct 31, 2015 10:13 pm

Fortunately for Holly, Killian's demeanor had been sufficiently quashed by Shoneah - at least for the moment. He simply smiled warmly at her.

"A beautiful name for a beautiful lady," he murmured sincerely. Then, mirroring her formality, he bowed at the waist. "If you would be so kind as to lead me to dinner, I would be most appreciative."

Well, almost.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 32 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32  Next