The World of Arda
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Long Awaited Vacation - 119 4A

2 posters

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

A Long Awaited Vacation - 119 4A - Page 3 Empty Re: A Long Awaited Vacation - 119 4A

Post by Kara Winters Sat Aug 15, 2015 9:46 pm

Miyu glanced at the door behind Aarhad, but first they had to tell Haradhel and Elrohir that they were here.

"We need to see Haradhel and Elrohir first..." she murmured softly, "To tell them who is here."

"Unless you did that already?" Toshiro asked.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

A Long Awaited Vacation - 119 4A - Page 3 Empty Re: A Long Awaited Vacation - 119 4A

Post by Nara-pyon Sat Aug 15, 2015 9:52 pm

"Yeah, I ... sort of," Arahad admitted. "I shouted in the door that you were all here, but of course I didn't know if you'd be staying the night so I didn't say anything about that ... but yes, we'd best tell them so that they can prepare the guest wing. Fires'll need lighting, too, for that matter."

He stepped across to Haradhel and Elrohir's door and pulled a little rope that was dangling next to it. Somewhere in the house on the other side of the door, a bell tinkled.

"Nana'll be here in a moment," Arahad told the two with a grin. "I'll need to get some firewood, but you go ahead and wait here for her."

He didn't bother putting on a cloak, but he already had boots on, and he turned to the glass door and opened it, heading into the courtyard for the needed firewood and leaving Miyu and Toshiro alone.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

https://twoarda.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sat Aug 15, 2015 10:30 pm

Miyu did her best not to giggle when Arahad told them this. In a lot of ways, Arahad hadn't grown up one bit.

While they waited, they looked around the foyer they were in. It was very different than what the main house use to be. Miyuki wondered where they got the idea of the dome from, and if there were other places that had such a house.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sat Aug 15, 2015 10:38 pm

It was barely half a minute before the door opened and Haradhel stood there, smiling down at the two guests. The years on the ranch had been kind to her, and though she was as tall as ever she had been, she no longer had the fragile, thin look to her.

"Miyu! Toshiro!" she greeted them warmly. "Welcome! Arahad said you were here with your parents and your youngest sisters - at least, in the valley. I didn't know you were coming here, though. Would you like to come in?"

She stepped aside to allow the two to enter the house proper.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sat Aug 15, 2015 11:23 pm

"Uhm..." Miyu's eyes darted to the Arahad's door.

Toshiro didn't sigh, but he thought it. It was had to believe that Miyu survived running the medical wing for nearly three years.

"We were going to visit Aragost actually, but dad wanted us to tell you that they were here first and staying for a few days," Toshiro explained, "It's our vacation now that Grandpa Daemon is heading the school, and Yukito is back working as head healer there."

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sat Aug 15, 2015 11:40 pm

"Oh, well, then!" Haradhel beamed. "Go ahead. I expect Arahad's already going for wood." She had noticed his open door and the open door to the courtyard immediately. "I'll get the rest of the wing ready. For six, yes? Four bedrooms?"

She would have to make the beds, shake out blankets, those sorts of things; remove sheets from furniture, double check that there were enough towels and such, that the pitchers were full of water. Arahad would take care of the fires, which would ensure that the rooms were warm when the guests finally arrived.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sun Aug 16, 2015 12:59 am

"Yes," Miyu nodded, "That sounds right."

One room with her grandparents, one room for her, one room for Toshiro and one room for the twins. The twins weren't old enough where they would want to a separate room at the moment.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sun Aug 16, 2015 7:24 pm

Haradhel smiled. "Then you go see Aragost, and I'll get to work. I know he's been anxious to see you for quite a long time now."

She gestured towards Arahad's open door, then closed her own and headed for the door next to Arahad's.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sun Aug 16, 2015 10:18 pm

"Thank you," Miyu murmured.

She knew she had been away for too long, and hurried through the door to see Aragost. Toshiro waved bye to Haradhel before following Miyu.

"See you later," he told her.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sun Aug 16, 2015 11:15 pm

Arahad's house was every bit as nice as the foyer had been. Inside his front door was a small hallway with an open closet to one side with hooks for cloaks, a shelf above the hooks for hats and gloves, and a shelf near the floor for footwear, where there was a pair of moccasins. The floor was closely fitted stone, however, and there were scuff marks to indicate that others had kept their footwear on inside the house.

Beyond the entryway was a rustic sitting room. A fire crackled in the fireplace, giving warmth to the room. A solid coffee table sat lengthwise in the middle of the room, centered between a couch and two chairs. Rather than solid couch and chairs however, they had thick frames with deer skins strung tautly between them. There were a few throw pillows - one on a chair, two on the couch. Two smaller end tables sat, one by each chair, with unlit candles on them. On the floor beneath the coffee table was a bearskin rug with the head removed. Like the entryway, the floor was solid stone, which continued down a hallway that was visible through a doorway on the far side of the room.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sun Aug 16, 2015 11:45 pm

"Quite a place," Toshiro murmured.

Though he wasn't sure what he was expecting, but it was cozy.

"It is nice..." Miyu nodded as they stopped in the middle of the room.

Neither of them knew where to go from here.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Mon Aug 17, 2015 12:03 am

Aside from the crackling of the fireplace, the place was silent - for a moment. But then Aragost's voice, soft and rasping, came from down the hall.

"Miyu?"

Then, still from down the hallway, came the sound of shuffling, then silence, until Aragost's tall silhouette appeared in the hallway. He was not dressed in robes as he had always been, but proper pants, tunic and vest, all of which were still black. His hair had been cut short, only an inch or so in length, and he looked tidier than he ever had before.

That wasn't the only difference, either.

Gone were his scars, his skin now as smooth as a newborn babe's, and his eyes, black save for a slight golden brown edging, were open and full of life. He smiled at Miyu, and as unrecognizable as his general appearance might have been, his smile had not changed at all; and when he spoke, his voice was the same it had ever been.

"Welcome back," he said warmly.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Mon Aug 17, 2015 8:12 pm

"Yami-san!" Miyu immediately hugged Aragost without taking a second look to what he looked like.

This left Toshiro to take in the chances, and he tilted his head in a exaggerated manner.

"Time has been really good to you," Toshiro commented finally.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Mon Aug 17, 2015 8:21 pm

Aragost chuckled softly and hunched over so that he could return the hug. He had been worried for a while that Miyu would be afraid of him since his appearance had changed so drastically, but he was glad to know that it didn't seem to make a difference to her.

"Thank you," he murmured to Toshiro. "I ... several years ago now, I came to a decision, and that was the reason I chose to use the healing spring here to heal my body."

He smiled down at Miyu and, one hand on her back, gently prodded her towards the living room. "Come, sit," he invited her softly. "There is something ... some news I must tell you."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Mon Aug 17, 2015 8:50 pm

It helped that Miyu's temporary job managed to make her less surprised when the unusual or unique happened. However, it did nothing to get rid of her nervous tic.

Miyu blinked, "Mi?"

She let herself be prodded to the living room where she took a seat on the couch. Toshiro followed suit, though sitting in a place so Aragost to take a sit beside Miyu.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:08 pm

Aragost allowed the others to sit first, and then he took a seat next to Miyu. The couch creaked and sagged ever so slightly under his weight, and he turned towards Miyu.

"My task here is complete," he began. "It has been for a while. Child slavery - all slavery - has been done away with entirely in these lands. The morgawr is destroyed. The Aldrich family - my family - are safe. I-"

He cut himself off and exhaled slowly. "My time here is over," he concluded. "It is time for me to leave."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:40 pm

Miyuki blinked and then frowned slightly, "You're leaving? Where?"

She never thought about where immortals went to when they were tired or were ready to move on. She was, after all young, and technically her grandparents were quite young. So the topic never came up.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Mon Aug 17, 2015 10:10 pm

Aragost pursed his lips, pondering how to answer.

"I do not believe that I will ever find a place to truly settle," he murmured at length. "I have never been able to settle. I will travel once more ... as many of the lands as I can, to see if there are any other tasks that need doing ... but I would also like ... to see my daughter once more."

His expression softened at the mention of his daughter. She was someone he had never before mentioned to anyone with the exception of Aliya. He had mixed memories of her, but most of the memories of her were painful.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Mon Aug 17, 2015 10:21 pm

"Oh..." Miyu chewed her lower lip.

Aragost had never mentioned a daughter, and he had been in Haven for so long already.

"It would be nice if you visited her, it must be a long time..."

She would have understood if Aragost went sooner, after all, this place had been here for so long.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Mon Aug 17, 2015 10:39 pm

Aragost smiled softly. "It has been. A very long time, indeed. Not since she was a child, actually, and that was ... well. Many lifetimes ago."

He put one hand on Miyu's shoulder. "I will probably come back here for visits," he told her gently, "but even with my knowledge, I cannot promise that I will be here when you are. I shall miss you ... terribly."

He had grown very fond of Miyu - but staying was simply not an option any longer.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:32 pm

Miyu tried not to tear up, as Aragost had been a fixture in her childhood. Despite the fact, she was all grown up now, and ready to try new things.

"I'll miss you too,"
she murmured quietly as she hugged him again.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:50 pm

Aragost put both arms around Miyu and held her close.

"I'm not leaving immediately," he assured her with a gentle smile. "You are staying here for a few days ... I shall be here at least for that time. And now that I am once more able to see and to move around more easily, we can spend some time outside. Perhaps you can show me some of your abilities now."

At least they would be able to spend some real quality time together on this visit. They always spent good time together before, but now they could do even more.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Tue Aug 18, 2015 6:47 pm

Miyu smiled and nodded at this, "I would like that..."

It had been a long while since she showed Aragost anything new, and it would be a good way to catch up. She also wanted to know how he had been doing since being healed.

"Miyu just finished helped freezing the cellar for Ulani and Aliya," Toshiro told Aragost, "Apparently a corner of it wasn't staying cold properly."

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Tue Aug 18, 2015 7:17 pm

"Did you?" Aragost beamed at Miyu. "Wonderful. I think most people on the ranch, and definitely all in the valley, will be enjoying apple pies within the next few days."

Which, as much as he knew people loved apple pie, it was important that the food be preserved for as long as possible.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:52 pm

Miyu nodded and blushed a bit, "Mi... Aliya mentioned how they had to get ice into the cellar to cool it again, but seeping the cold into the walls will help it keep cooler longer. Or at least until Spring arrives."

It was a bit odd, though if it was better insulated it might have lasted longer. That would take time though if that part of the cellar was newer.

"And I'm sure Aliya and Ulani were happy to stop having to make pies," Toshiro added wryly.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum