The World of Arda
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Time To Heal - Makshim, Shiezin 119 4A

2 posters

Page 1 of 34 1, 2, 3 ... 17 ... 34  Next

Go down

A Time To Heal - Makshim, Shiezin 119 4A Empty A Time To Heal - Makshim, Shiezin 119 4A

Post by Nara-pyon Sun Aug 07, 2016 1:01 am

Winter was nearly over.

It was a fact that meant little to Ahkshi, other than the fact that it would make it a full year since his wife had left again, guiding a group of travelers around the continent. After so many years of her staying home with him, he had grown accustomed to her help, and to seeing her every day. Even if she had spent so much time away from him before, it was hard to get used to her absence again. He knew she was doing what was important to her, but that didn't make him miss her any less.

Still, things weren't all bad. His parents were more tolerable when Kyrie was away. And though there wasn't an insane need for a physician, he kept busy enough. Admittedly, sometimes he wished life were a little more exciting, but usually he liked the calm just fine.

This was one of those calm days. There were no patients at the clinic, and his food stock was running a little low, so he had decided to go for a walk to the market in search of some food for his cupboards. The weather was beautiful, too: the snows had just begun to melt, and the sunshine felt warm on his face despite the cool temperature. Overall, he was quite content.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

https://twoarda.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

A Time To Heal - Makshim, Shiezin 119 4A Empty Re: A Time To Heal - Makshim, Shiezin 119 4A

Post by Kara Winters Sun Aug 07, 2016 1:17 am

Hikaru gave a charming smile to the vendor who he was doing business and catching up on news with. He listened with good grace as the vendor (who claimed to be old enough to be his mother) asked him once more when he was going to settle down.

For as long as her children had been little, Huron, a wandering Fire Elf who specialized in medicine never stayed in one place. Once a stranger to these parts, Huron had come into town with only the clothes on his back and a worn ragged pack. He looked like a beggar. It didn't help his short spiky red hair stuck up all over the place. But the man proved his worth as a medicine man and earned his keep. The centuries had proved kind to him, and though he was still wearing the hide of whatever he caught on the road, at least they looked like clothes and his travel pack while worn was sturdy (even if it was off an odd make).

Still, he should settle down, he could easily work at Ahkshi's clinic and there were still a few young ladies who had their eye on him.

That last part made Hikaru cringe just a bit, he hated getting people's hopes up like that.

Fortunately, Huron was saved from his mini lecture by the very man who the vendor said he should work. The wanderer held up an arm and waved it back and forth.

"Yo! Ahkshi!"

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

A Time To Heal - Makshim, Shiezin 119 4A Empty Re: A Time To Heal - Makshim, Shiezin 119 4A

Post by Nara-pyon Sun Aug 07, 2016 1:22 am

The voice startled Ahkshi from his reverie, but he smiled broadly when he saw his old friend waving at him, and waved back.

"Huron!" he called cheerfully. "It's w-w-wonderful to see y-you again!"

He made his way towards his friend, picking up his speed slightly. When he reached Huron, he greeted him with a warm handshake and a clap of the shoulder. "What b-brings you here? N-not that I'm n-not glad to s-see you, believe m-me."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sun Aug 07, 2016 1:30 am

Hikaru grinned doing the same to Ahkshi as he did so, "Oh you know, just the wind that blows me through. Besides with winter nearly over it means certain plants around here will start flowering, those end of Winter plants are useful, but you know that."

Besides, Hikaru missed visiting the Fire Elves, they were quite fun. The Earth Elves weren't bad, but he always felt he had the most fun among the Fire Elves.

"How are you and Kyrie doing?"

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sun Aug 07, 2016 1:34 am

Ahkshi certainly did understand about the plants, and he welcome Huron's company in harvesting what would be helpful for both of them.

"Speaking for m-myself, I'm d-d-doing well," he assured his friend with a smile. There was a look in his eye, however, and a note in his voice, that belied his words. "K-Kyrie's gone t-t-traveling again. N-n-not on her own this t-time, b-but leading a g-g-g-group."

Even his growing stutter showed how worried he was, no matter what he claimed.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sun Aug 07, 2016 1:39 am

"Leading a group? Is something going on?" Hikaru asked a bit worried.

He never quite knew what Kyrie did (besides travel) but he imagined it involved getting into trouble if her scars were any indication. Granted, he learned the hard way that most countries didn't take people who looked different or was different, and Kyrie was both. Which was why Hikaru took the form of whatever race happened live in the country he was traveling.

Most of the time, sometimes even that backfired.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sun Aug 07, 2016 1:45 am

Ahkshi shook his head dismissively. "They're from f-far away and just wanted t-t-to t-travel the c-continent," he explained. "They're very g-g-gracious about it, t-t-too. They d-don't seem to b-be in t-t-too much of a hurry, so they're l-l-letting her st-stay in places for as l-long as she l-likes. It's j-just ... I g-guess I'd g-g-gotten used to her b-being h-h-h-home s-so much."

Of course it was more complicated than that - he said nothing of Mailon and Kyrie's connection to his past life, or the fact that the group was from another world - but how much could he even talk about in the open air? And how much would Huron believe?

"You should c-come for d-dinner," he invited his friend with a smile. "It's b-b-been a while."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sun Aug 07, 2016 1:48 am

There was a chuckle, "Sure, I can't ever say no to dinner and catching up with a good friend."

The man, Huron sounded happy and touched, and Hikaru was. He really did think of Ahkshi and Kyrie has friends despite the fact really they were friends with Huron.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sun Aug 07, 2016 1:51 am

"Wonderful," Ahkshi beamed, genuinely pleased that Huron would be joining him. "I'm j-just buying some f-f-food now, if you l-like to join me. It's n-n-nothing exciting, b-but you could ch-ch-choose what you'd l-l-like for d-dinner tonight."

Besides, it would be more interesting than shopping alone. It was something else he had gotten used to doing with Kyrie all the time, even if the merchants weren't fond of her.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sun Aug 07, 2016 1:53 am

"Sure, it'll give me some time to get my bearings, it's been a while since I've been in this market," Hikaru nodded in agreement, "Just give me a minute."

Hikaru then quickly made his goodbyes to the vendor he was talking to with promises to come back before he left. He liked stocking up on travel provisions at her stall.

"Okay! Now I'm ready," Hikaru announced as he readjusted the weight of his travel pack.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sun Aug 07, 2016 1:56 am

"G-great," Ahkshi grinned. He smiled and waved to the vendor before leading Huron off towards the section the marker where meat and vegetables were sold. He wasn't the greatest of chefs, but he had been fending for himself a long time before he had met Kyrie, and he could make simple dishes well enough.

"S-so tell me," he began, looking at his friend, "h-h-how have your t-travels been? Where have you b-b-been lately?"
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sun Aug 07, 2016 2:11 am

"I've been prancing around Wolsic a bit," Hikaru admitted, "I also stopped by Elysium for a bit, and may have hopped onto a boat to visit Caras Galadhon a bit. Normally one wouldn't be allowed to be on a trading vessel, but offering to do basic healing helps a lot."

It was one of the reasons why no matter the persona Hikaru always was a person with some knowledge in healing or a medicine man. This allowed him to offer his services in return with help traveling when he wasn't in the mood to sneak around.

"I heard rumours though that things changed in Garnelia," Hikaru added.

He actually had gone under a cloaking illusion when he first heard something had changed. When he found out there was a change in leadership, he took the chance to create a new character. It wasn't that hard, the old clogger who called himself a general had displaced many people and sent many more into hiding. He tore families apart and nearly brought the country to ruin. It wasn't hard to have Talim just show up out of the blue one day, being one of the many Dark Elves displaced. Actually, Hikaru liked that one, because he stayed around to have Talim help wherever he could to rebuild for a bit until he felt he needed to move on again.

It was nice, better than nearly being put into prison.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sun Aug 07, 2016 11:19 pm

"A c-complete change," Ahkshi replied, suddenly amused. He laughed heartily. "Ah, f-f-forgive me, Huron. M-my wife was a p-p-part of that. You r-r-remember how she c-can't st-stand to leave things be if there's t-t-trouble. One of her g-g-group members is the one who k-killed the G-G-G-General."

He chuckled softly. "It's a long s-story. If you're interested, I c-c-could tell you about it over d-dinner. At this p-point, though, all I c-c-can say is, it's g-g-good to have a R-R-Ruavia on the throne ag-g-gain."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sun Aug 07, 2016 11:24 pm

Huron looked interested, and there was a twinkle in his eye because he knew a good story when he heard a whiff of one.

"That would be great! I'm full of curiousity about what happened," Hikaru admitted.

He only heard bits and pieces, so he had no idea how the changed come about. Especially since the General had done everything in his power to prevent an uprising. Even if it meant bringing the country to ruin.

"And admittedly a bit wary about what Kyrie's been up to, I remember how she is."

He always wondered if some of the wild stories he overheard while traveling was Kyrie. He wouldn't put it past her for some of those stories to be about her. What rare stories there were. Hikaru knew he had created his few early on in his first few decades while trying to figure out how to just survive and then live.

The man was proud to say that he hadn't given anyone a complete run around for at least two centuries.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sun Aug 07, 2016 11:28 pm

Ahkshi chuckled again. His wife was always up to something, and it was never boring. That was one thing no one could ever argue about.

They finished up their shopping, and while Huron went to secure a room at the inn, Ahkshi returned home and went about his daily work, with the understanding that Huron would be coming shortly before dinner time. And so it was that, early in the evening, Ahkshi was setting his table for two to dine. It was going to be a simple meal - but then, he was a physician, not a chef, and Huron knew it, and would likely be expecting no different.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sun Aug 07, 2016 11:39 pm

Hikaru checked himself over one more time before going out to visit Ahkshi's home. Even though these illusions were second nature to him, he always made the habit of checking them over. Though honestly, he could do Huron in his sleep by now. He patted his clothes to make sure he still had his 'talisman' with him. It actually wasn't a talisman. Hikaru kept thin pieces of wood that were about half an inch in width. In kanji he wrote the name of the person (how he would pronounce it) and on the back he would write the persona information he needed to remember.

The one he kept with him always had his own name and on the back the names of his family, where he was from and what hobbies he held before falling through. The thing ever stated his race as he rarely saw his own reflection. It was how he remembered himself after all these centuries.

"I think I'm ready for dinner then, let's see what Kyrie has been up to," Hikaru chuckled.

Some time later, Huron was knocking on Ahkshi's door.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sun Aug 07, 2016 11:45 pm

Ahkshi had just finished setting the table when the knock came at the door, and he brushed his hands on his shirt and moved quickly to answer it.

"G-g-good evening, Huron," he said warmly when he saw his friend in the doorway. "C-c-come in."

He stepped aside, holding the door open so that Huron could step in, and motioned towards the dining area. Of course, it was little more than a simple table and a few chairs just out of the way of the kitchen area, since his entire house was made up of two rooms (main room that had a cooking, dining, sleeping and living area, and a bathing/laundry room), but again, that was nothing new to Huron.

"D-d-dinner is just ready," Ahkshi smiled. "M-make yourself c-c-comfortable."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sun Aug 07, 2016 11:49 pm

"Always," Hikaru joked as he took a seat.

Honestly, nothing had really changed as far as he could tell. It was pretty much the same as the last time he had been there. Except maybe Kyrie was around last time if he recalled correctly.

"Ah... no matter how much I love travel, I do love a meal not cooked by an open campfire," Hikaru admitted.

This was a statement the man couldn't tell if it was a lie or not. He really did like traveling, seeing all the places and learning more about this strange world he found himself in. On the other hand, he would have been fine to stay in one place, but then people would get too attached to him.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sun Aug 07, 2016 11:52 pm

"I w-wouldn't know," Ahkshi chuckled. "K-Kyrie keeps asking m-me to t-travel with her, b-b-b-but b-being as physician ... it's n-n-not p-possible. I've n-never traveled anywhere."

He closed the door behind Huron and motioned towards the table.

"C-c-can I g-get you anything to d-d-drink?" he offered.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sun Aug 07, 2016 11:56 pm

"Wine if you have it," Huron replied.

Even though Hikaru knew logically that Ahkshi would have wine. Wine kept, unlike fruit juices and it was doubtful that Ahkshi would have time to make any fresh (especially since they were just coming out of Winter). However it was a habit Hikaru kept because it was a habit that Huron accidentally showed to Kyrie and Ahkshi. In Gaia, not everyone had wine, and drinking wine regularly was not that common.

In fact it might be slightly frowned upon.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sun Aug 07, 2016 11:58 pm

"Of c-course," Ahkshi nodded. "I'll be r-r-right back."

He headed off to the cold cellar to get the desired wine, leaving Huron alone in the room.

It was just when Ahkshi left the room that Kyrie's voice could be heard, seemingly from nowhere and sounding very urgent: "Ahkshi! Are you there? Ahkshi!" There was a brief pause, and then her voice repeated: "Ahkshi, where are you? Ahkshi!"
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Mon Aug 08, 2016 12:01 am

Hikaru nearly fell out of his seat upon hearing Kyrie's voice. He knew from Ahkshi that Kyrie was out of the country and she sounded urgent which was unusual.

"Kyrie?" Hikaru called out to the air.

Maybe he was hearing things, or maybe it was magic. He was after all Gaian, weird crap happens with magic, he should know.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Mon Aug 08, 2016 12:03 am

There was another brief silence and then Kyrie's voice came again, equally surprised, "Huron? Where's Ahkshi?"

Her voice was still disembodied, though it was coming from the direction of their living quarters - specifically, towards the door to the bathing room.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Mon Aug 08, 2016 12:08 am

He really shouldn't be wandering around their home, but Hikaru was curious. Getting up from his seat, he followed the direction he could hear Kyrie's voice coming from.

"He just went to the cellar to get wine," he paused outside the bathing room, "You're not really in the bathing room are you?"

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Mon Aug 08, 2016 12:14 am

"Mirror next to the door before you go in," her voice directed him. "It's a communication magic that a friend has activated for me."

When he looked into the mirror, he would see Kyrie as if through a window, sitting cross-legged on a pillow on the floor in what looked like a Japanese-style room. There was a futon behind her, with a tatami mat next to it.

"Actually," she added, her expression growing thoughtful, "it may be a blessing that you're there. Maybe you can help us out, if you're not in a rush to go somewhere else."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 34 1, 2, 3 ... 17 ... 34  Next