The World of Arda
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Revisiting Garnelia - 120 4A

2 posters

Page 6 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

Revisiting Garnelia - 120 4A - Page 6 Empty Re: Revisiting Garnelia - 120 4A

Post by Kara Winters Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:33 pm

Holly wondered why, maybe the name was important? Or maybe it was different? Though Twig was pretty unique for a name, but if he had a Gaian name, well...

"It's good to see you're doing better," Lin spoke up softly.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:55 pm

It was as if the boy didn't hear Lin. He picked up his cup and sipped at it slowly.

Mari looked at the boy sadly. "There are so many like him," she murmured. "So many left orphans, homeless ... though admittedly I've never heard of anyone unwilling to give a name ..."

She rose from her seat and moved to sit next to the boy. He looked up at her sharply, startled, and stared at her.

"Do you know who I am?" she asked him, smiling.

Wide-eyed, he nodded.

"I am told you have made quite a recovery," she smiled at him. "Your companions are happy to see it."

Twig looked around, his eyes still wide with surprise. "Why?"
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

https://twoarda.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:24 pm

"Why not?" Miyuki asked, "You really weren't well earlier."

As if that explained everything, which to Miyuki it probably did.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:27 pm

Twig fidgeted in his seat, his discomfort clear. "Well ... nobody ever cares 'cept Mama and Ojii-san," he mumbled, his face flushing brightly.

"I told you, kid," Kaito murmured, patting the boy on the head, "you're with people who care now. Even about people we don't know yet."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:39 pm

"This is also how we collect people," Miyuki added with a grin.

"I noticed..." Hikaru commented as he chuckled.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:08 pm

Twig turned around and looked at Miyuki. "Collect ... people?" he repeated in a squeak.

Earendil chuckled. "We help people who need it. That's how half our group came to be with us."

Twig stared at Earendil, then at Miyuki again. "What ... what do you do with the people you collect?" he asked slowly, cautiously.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:23 pm

Miyuki wondered if Twig had experienced something like what they found in that one country that was experimenting on people.

"Make a room for them, sometimes a workroom if they want it, talk to them, be friends with them, travel with them,"
Miyuki replied in a teasing manner, "All the things you do with good friends."

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:26 pm

Twig blushed again and kicked the leg of his chair.

"... don't have any friends," he mumbled under his breath, looking away.

"You do now," Mari smiled at him, patting him on the shoulder. "And believe me when I tell you that you would have a very hard time finding friends better than these."

Twig glanced at Kaito, blushed again, and looked away once more.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:05 pm

"You'll get use to it," Hikaru assured Twig, "They're all very convincing."

He should know, not that he was as bad as Twig, but the group did make him go out as himself.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:21 pm

"So are you all going to be going in rooms?" Mari asked the group, looking around at them, "or do you want to set up the tent somewhere and stay in there?"

Twig blinked, paled slightly, and reached over and wrapped his fist around a handful of Kaito's shirt.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:39 pm

"Maybe a place for the tent to be set up somewhere," Miyuki suggested, "The tent we brought with us is different than the first tents we brought with us."

And it would allow them to all stay with Twig and for him to not be alone, because from his reaction, it seemed like he didn't like the idea of being in the palace rooms.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:44 pm

"Well, I'm sure not everyone needs to stay in the tent," Kaito pointed out, a little flustered at the attention Twig was paying to him. "I mean, I'm sure if some people wanted rooms, it would be all right."

"I wouldn't mind a room, myself," Kyrie agreed with a nod.

"And Lan and I would love a room close to my family," Cael added, a comment that made every member of his family smile eagerly.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Thu May 04, 2017 9:28 pm

It seemed like most people wanted get their own room, and it would allow more privacy to be honest.

Holly looked thoughtful, "I would like to stay in the tent actually..."

She was willing to bet these rooms were big, and it wasn't like she had anyone to share a room with anyways.

Miyuki shrugged, "I wouldn't mind staying in the tent, but if the tent could be in a room so we have access to bathing that would be great."

Because that was the one thing she didn't make in that tent, mainly because there hadn't been time.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Thu May 04, 2017 9:36 pm

Mari nodded. "Then we'll put the tent in a room with a bathing chamber, and the others can have rooms of their own."

She did a quick headcount of those who wanted rooms of their own, then gave the orders to a nearby servant.

Later, when they had settled into their sleeping quarters for the night, whether in the tent or in a room, Kaito was sitting with Twig in the foyer of the tent again while the boy nibbled on some more bread that had been brought from the palace kitchens.

"I know it's kid of late," Kaito told him, "but do you think you're up for answering some questions now?"

Twig looked around at the others who were in the room. His dark eyes were thoughtful, and he licked his lips slowly.

"I can wait for morning if people want to sleep," he replied, looking back up at Kaito.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sat May 06, 2017 12:23 am

"We can wait until morning if you would like," Holly replied softly not wanting Twig to deflect it by putting it on other people.

If he wanted to wait, that was fine, but she felt he had to express his wants (something she suspected he wasn't use to doing).

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sat May 06, 2017 10:16 am

Twig shook his head negatively. "I slept lots today, and Ojii-san said to answer questions after I slept," he pointed out calmly. A light blush crept over his cheeks. "Besides, everyone is so nice to me ... it's only just fair."

Kaito chuckled and patted the boy on the head. "And if you wait for morning, we'll all have slept," he grinned. "You'll still be keeping your promise. And trust me, no one will say it's not fair."

Twig looked at Kaito as if he didn't believe him.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sat May 06, 2017 4:22 pm

"Well, it's true, we're not in a hurry or anything," Holly replied with a giggle.

Miyuki who was lounging on one of the pillows added, "And we'll probably be here for a while."

She didn't add since Twig was alone he would probably be with them for a long while. No one else would believe a kid could see dead people and there was still the issue of trying to explain to Twig he could see dead people. Actually she wished she could speak with his mother and grandfather, because it sounded like they made their lives here and she wondered what that was like.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sat May 06, 2017 8:37 pm

Twig still looked doubtful.

"Look," Kaito said, trying to hide a smile, "think of it this way. If we wait for morning, we'll all have time to think of what questions we really want answered. It might be easier for you, then."

"Besides," Shiro pointed out, "the rest of us are pretty tired, too. It's been quite a long day for all of us. We'll be able to listen better tomorrow."

Twig nodded, hesitating. "Well ... if you're sure ..."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Mon May 15, 2017 10:02 pm

"We're sure," Miyuki assured him, "We can talk again after a good night's rest."

At least, she hoped he would rest well, he seemed to not be sure about this at all.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Mon May 15, 2017 11:09 pm

Twig gave in and shrugged, nodding. "If you say so."

Chuckling, Kaito patted him on the head. "We do. Now come on, you could use another good night's sleep."

The boy blinked in surprise at the affectionate action, but without skipping a beat he held up the partial loaf he was holding. "Can I take this with me?" he asked hopefully.

Kaito laughed. "Of course. Now come on, kid."

He ushered the boy towards his room and bid everyone good night.

It wasn't until after everyone had finished their breakfast the next morning that they were organized enough to find a place to get together and talk. Out of curiosity and a sense of duty towards her young subject, Mari joined them. They met in a large comfortable room in the palace, filled with lush couches and chairs. A fire crackled in a fireplace, chasing away the early spring drafts.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sat May 20, 2017 10:16 pm

Everyone arranged themselves in the room, sitting where they found comfortable. For Miyuki and Hikaru that was on a pillow on the floor, as it allowed their tails room.

Lin took to a couch with Earendil, and Holly did the same so she could sit with Shiro. All the while Eron took a chair so the other couples to take couches as well.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sat May 20, 2017 11:57 pm

Kyrie and Mari sat together on a couch near to where Kaito and Twig made themselves comfortable with Shiro and Holly. Once everyone had settled - including Uruloki making himself small and comfortable in Kyrie's lap - attention turned to Twig.

The boy looked around nervously, as if he didn't know where to begin.

"Are your mother and grandfather here with us?" Mari asked him with a gentle smile. Clearly, she and Kyrie had already spoken about the boy's unnatural and highly unusual ability.

Evidently glad to have someone to focus on, Twig smiled and nodded, gesturing towards a chair that had been left empty. "Mama's right there, and Ojii-san is standing behind her," he explained, as if expecting everyone else to see them as well now that he had pointed them out.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Tue May 23, 2017 10:08 pm

Lin was pretty sure Twig actually thought they could see the two now that he pointed them out, but all she could see was a blank chair. She did wish her grandfather was here, she was sure he could have seen them.

"How about we start with introductions?" she asked and then added quickly, "I know you wish to be called Twig, but what shall we call your mother and grandfather?"

Call, not what their names were. Hikaru had mentioned before this meeting, sometime before breakfast it was possible they may not give out real names at all. In some circles names had power, especially if this ability of Twig's was something that ran in his family.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Tue May 23, 2017 10:31 pm

Twig nodded. Again gesturing towards the chair, he smiled and announced, "Mama's name is Ava, and Ojii-san says that you can call him Koizumi-sensei."

Everyone present either had already been able to speak Japanese or else was able to thanks to the properties of dragons' blood, so the honorific was not lost on anyone.

After a moment, he added, "But his full name is Koizumi Daijiro."

He looked as though he were about to add something, but then he blushed a bit and nodded in the direction of the chair, murmuring a soft, "Hai."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Tue May 23, 2017 10:36 pm

Hikaru blinked and then softly asked, "What w-is your grandfather a master of? I mean in terms of his profession."

Of course, the word could have been used in reference to a teacher, but it was also possible his grandfather had a high mastery in some sort of profession or art.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11, 12, 13  Next