The World of Arda
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Revisiting Garnelia - 120 4A

2 posters

Page 12 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

Revisiting Garnelia - 120 4A - Page 12 Empty Re: Revisiting Garnelia - 120 4A

Post by Kara Winters Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:13 pm

Everyone else thought about it, there probably was someone, someone in the group wanted to talk to, but with everything going on, it was hard to think right away.

"Is there anyone we should check in with?" Lin asked Earendil.

She pretty sure there was, but couldn't think of anyone.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:29 pm

Earendil considered the question. "I don't think there's anyone we have to check in with," he admitted, "but it would be nice to see how Daeron and Iorlas are doing."

They hadn't seen his brother and sister-in-law for a few weeks by now, after all.

Last edited by Nara-pyon on Sat May 19, 2018 8:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

https://twoarda.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:50 pm

"That's true, we haven't seen them for a few weeks..." Lin agreed.

And she would like to know how Iorlas specifically was getting along. Turning to Cael, she expressed exactly this to them.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:04 pm

"Sure," Cael agreed with a ready smile. "I think that the afternoon would be the best time to try to contact them - there is always someone in the living room at that time. Shall we give it a go after lunch?"

"If it's all right with you, I'd like to wait for evening and contact Ahkshi directly," Kyrie smiled.

"Sure, not a problem. If you want I can start the connection and give you some privacy." He grinned at her knowingly.

Kyrie laughed. "I would appreciate it."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:25 pm

"You two are just adorable," Hikaru laughed.

When he was Huron he had teased them a lot about it, so really it was to be expected he would comment on it at least once. In the past he would call them an adorable couple whenever he was around.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:39 pm

"Just wait, your turn will come," Kyrie winked at him. "One day, you'll find someone you love , and then it will be your turn to be teased."

"Careful, Hikaru," Earendil cautioned the man. "I'm starting to learn just how much teasing Kyrie is capable of."

It was a bit odd, admittedly, considering how serious she had been for the first few years of their trip, and how long it had taken to really get to know her. Sometimes he wondered just how well they did know her now.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:34 pm

"Oh I knowwww..." Hikaru drawled out, "I remember when I was still Huron how she would tease every time someone's mother, aunt, sister, whatever suggested their friend, daughter, sister, niece... you get the idea. I think people kept thinking if I found someone I'd settled."

And Kyrie had heard about a few of those times and would tease him.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:54 pm

As it turned out, not much was happening in Makshim (besides the growing romance between Rose and Geran, which was apparently going very well), and so the group was encouraged to stay for the anniversary of the reunion of the kingdom. Not only in the castle were things abuzz, but in the city there was much excitement. Though not all of the excitement was positive, the travelers couldn't help but get swept up in it all.

At last the day came, and even as the sun rose, there was a change in the atmosphere. There was more noise than usual in the city, so much that it was even audible inside the castle itself. It was a good, happy noise - far different from when the General had been in charge.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:23 pm

Miyuki was eager to see what the festivities would bring, it would also give everyone a chance to really see the city. See how things were doing.

Holly deciding that this a festive time, came along with Shiro in a white dress with red ribbon and trimmed with vines and strawberries around the hem. Large ones so no one could mistake the fruit for anything else. She seemed quite happy about this, but seeing as she had been wearing more practical lolita outfits (less frills, more solid colours and less ribbon), it wasn't a surprised she was eager to wear something different.

The others slowly drifted towards the meeting place that they would meet before taking part in today's activities.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:36 pm

Shen Shiro came to meet Holly, she wasn't the only one dressed up: Shiro had donned a pair of black silk pants with crimson trim and a matching crimson button-up shirt with black leaves embroidered on the corners of its collar.

Kaito and Twig were with him when he joined Holly. Kaito was wearing his usual aquamarine t-shirt, and,traveling pants, but Twig had been given special celebratory clothes by Mari, and he looked like a little prince - an underfed little prince - as he trotted alongside his new friends. Most notable about him was his smile, wider than they had ever seen it.

Shiro smiled apologetically at Holly as the three approached her.

"Good morning," he greeted her, almost shyly. "I'm sorry ... I know it was supposed to be just the two of us for the day, but Twig asked if he and Kaito might come with us."

"More fun with more people!" the boy said eagerly, his eyes bright with excitement.

It's ok if you'd rather not, Kaito mouthed to Holly from over Twig's shoulder. I can take him for the day, no problem.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:30 pm

Holly was a bit torn, because she had wanted to spend time with Shiro, but on the other hand it was hard to say no to that happy face. Especially with his nice clothes only emphasizing the kind of life he had led before.

"I'm sure it'll be great fun with all of us," she replied cheerily after a second.

Putting a hand on Shiro's arm, she nodded at him, assuring him that this would be fine. Perhaps later on in the day they could sneak away.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:47 pm

One of Kaito's ears flicked slightly as he noticed Holly's hesitation, and he resolved to make sure that she and Shiro had some time alone later on.

Shiro smiled gratefully at Holly and patted her hand lightly.

"So where to first?" he asked, looking around at the other three.

"Food?" Twig asked, looking up at the others with huge eyes.

Kaito laughed. "You've had all the food you could want this past week. And you're still hungry?"

The boy had put on a few pounds, it was true, but that didn't stop him from nodding eagerly.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:37 pm

"Well... assuming this will be kind of like festivals back home," Holly murmured, "There might be foods served during this festival that isn't normally..."

She wasn't sure how true that was, there were grand parties back in the town she had settled in, but a festival was more unusual.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:23 pm

"Not that any of us would know," Kaito pointed out.

"I don't care," Twig murmured dreamily, his hands on his belly. "As long as it's food it'll be better than bugs."

Shiro chuckled softly. "Well, let's just have fun then. See what they've got, what they've managed to do in two years." To Holly, he added, "We've not been here before, Kaito or I, but from the stories we've heard, it seems no one really knew what enjoyment or fun were while the General was in charge."

They left the castle, guards opening and closing the door for them. The way was warm and clear, the sun shining brightly; and from the direction of the city came the sounds of music and laughter.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:06 pm

"We're quite lucky, today is a really nice day for a festival," Holly commented as they made their way towards the festival, "Back where I was living, we just had grand parties, but not festivals."

It probably had to do with the amount of wealth and resources that circulated in the town she came from.

"And it sounds like people are having fun, so that's a good sign."

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:43 pm

"Always," Shiro agreed.

"And this time I can play, too!" Twig exclaimed, clapping his hands together. "Queen Mari said so!"

Kaito chuckled softly. "Have you ever been to anything like this before, Twig?" he asked the boy.

The question, seemingly simple, gave the boy cause to pause before answering. "Well ... kind of," he replied finally. "I watched one time, but then I got chased away, so ... I been to one but ...not really."

Before anyone could say anything sympathetic, his eyes lit up and he added, "That's why I'm so excited today!"
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Thu May 24, 2018 10:26 pm

"How about then we grab a bite to eat first?" Holly suggested.

That was always something she had done when there were festivals back in Gaia. Instead of having breakfast at home she would eat something at the stalls there. It was just more fun that way, and often there were foods that weren't served normally.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Thu May 24, 2018 10:48 pm

Twig beamed at Holly's suggestion, and he grabbed Kaito's hand and started tugging him forward.

"Come on!" he exclaimed. "I can't wait to see what they have!"

The castle was on the outskirts of the city, and so it was a few minutes before they actually reached the celebrations; but once they arrived, the things they had heard and smelled became visible. There were all kinds of treats all around - pastries, sweets, fruits, and of course mixtures of the three; various drinks, both alcoholic and alcohol-free. There was music being played on almost every street, and people were dancing, sometimes in couples, sometimes in larger groups, sometimes alone ...

In short, it was like many of the celebrations that the traveling group had seen before. Of course, for Twig, it was a brand new experience, and his eyes kept growing wider and wider as the day went on.

Eventually, they stopped for some lunch, and while Kaito and Shiro chatted with Holly, leaving Twig to enjoy his venison-on-a-stick, the boy suddenly looked up at the three of them and asked, sounding very confused, "What's a 'sassinate mean?"
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Fri May 25, 2018 11:41 pm

Holly paused in surprised, whatever question they had been expecting, it wasn't that.

"Where did you hear that from?"

She hadn't heard anything, though to be fair she wasn't paying attention to her surroundings. On the other hand, Twig did have the ability to talk to spirits.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Fri May 25, 2018 11:47 pm

Twig licked some sauce from the corner of his mouth. "Well," he said, "Mama and jii-san are talking about a 'sassernation that someone's talking about. I don't know that that is."

He looked up at Holly. There was a smudge of sauce on the tip of his nose, and his eyes were curious and innocent as he asked again, "So what is it? 'Sassinate?"
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Fri May 25, 2018 11:50 pm

"It means to kill someone," Holly replied as she crouched down to be more to Twig's height.

She was more than a bit worried though, because at a celebration like this, she could think of only one person. Reaching up she tugged on Shiro's clothes.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Fri May 25, 2018 11:53 pm

Shiro turned from his conversation with his brother and looked at Holly. He was about to smile and say something when he saw how concerned she looked.

"What's up?" he asked her softly, his muscles tensing subconsciously.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sat May 26, 2018 12:19 am

"Twig let me know that his mother and grandfather had overheard someone talk about an assassination. I'm worried they had overheard a plot," Holly explained.

She was somewhat aware that not everything was smooth for the new ruler.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sat May 26, 2018 12:30 am

Shiro frowned.

"Twig," he asked, turning to face the boy, "can you give us details? What did your mother and grandfather overhear?"

Even Kaito looked a little disturbed at the thought of an assassination.

Twig's eyes flickered to the space between Holly and Shiro, and he was silent for a few moments as he listened to what only he could hear.

"They missed the first bit of what the guys were saying," he said at length, "but ... it sounds like they're gonna wait for ... Queen Mari to make a speech or something, and that's when they're gonna do it."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sun May 27, 2018 1:26 am

"Of course they would wait for the dramatics," Holly muttered in what sounded annoyance.

Then again she was a bit annoyed, because people like that were just terrible and all they would do is terrify people.

"We should go and let..." Holly wasn't sure if they could get to Queen Mari now, "The queen? Kyrie? The guards? Maybe whichever is first?"

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next