The World of Arda
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Quickly Through Quir - 119 4A

2 posters

Page 8 of 14 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next

Go down

Quickly Through Quir - 119 4A - Page 8 Empty Re: Quickly Through Quir - 119 4A

Post by Kara Winters Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:46 pm

"Well.. I guess there's time to do.. something," Miyuki mused, "Come on Ai, let's do some meditating in the garden, maybe I'll actually get something other than weeds to grow this time hmm?"

Ai yipped at this idea, suggesting Miyuki should try grass to trip people up like the way Kaede did. Kaede was probably a good creature to ask for ideas when it came to plant growing.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:05 pm

The afternoon passed quickly. Eventually Shoneah and Andarien returned and though Shoneah was still clean, Andarien had to wash up and get changed. Finally, a cheery voice from outside called, "Helloooooo! Anybody in there?"

It was followed almost immediately by a doubtful, "You're sure this is the right tent? It's way too small for that many people ..."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

https://twoarda.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:13 pm

Miyuki had remembered to drag herself out of her practice garden (which had much taller grass by the time she left). It occurred to Miyuki as she was going down the hall to the kitchen that she could think about adding a magic workshop for all her rune work so she didn't just keep it all in her room.

She was so distracted with thinking about another workroom that she almost didn't realize that the voices she was hearing upon entering the kitchen weren't from anyone from the group.

"We have company," Miyuki murmured to Ai as she turned to check out the entrance.

She was going to go to her room originally.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:20 pm

Shoneah had been on her way from the forge to her bedroom, mere steps behind Miyuki, and she also heard the voices outside the tent.

"Oh! They're here!" she beamed. "Go on outside, Miyuki, I'll get Adarien and the others." And she hurried off down the hallway towards the bedrooms.

Meanwhile, outside, there was a long pause, and then the second voice murmured again, "You're positive this is the right tent?"

"Well, they said they were right under Mirania's tree!" the first voice insisted.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:23 pm

"I'd better before they leave," Miyuki murmured.

After all, judging by the conversation, whoever was out there couldn't believe it was the right tent. Motioning for Ai to follow, Miyuki made her way to the door. Only to be beaten by Suki who had been in the kitchen taking a nap with her brothers. The sound of people though made her curious as always, which also ended up having Yasu and Ryo follow close behind. Though Yasu made sure to have Miyuki leave first and make sure his little brother didn't leave before Miyuki like the way Suki did.

Undoing the fastenings, Miyuki peeked out of the tent, "Hi?"

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:30 pm

Outside were two elves, a male and a female that looked as if they might be young adults. The girl had long hair, straight as a pin, and bright blue eyes filled with laughter; the boy's hair was very short and thick, his eyes a vibrant green-blue, and he grinned when Miyuki came out of the tent.

"You must be Miyuki," he said, sounding relieved.

The girl giggled. "Andarien and Shoneah gave us a very good description of you. I'm Silas, and this is my fiance, Sandor." She gestured towards the young man. "Are you going to be joining us for dinner?"
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Wed Apr 15, 2015 10:08 pm

Miyuki nodded, "Yes, thank you for the invitation and for extending it to the Pokemon."

It was rare she could take all her Pokemon with her and Suki seemed please to know she was actually going to go somewhere for once. In fact she was prancing around the trio at the moment happily as if wanting to get out and explore.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Wed Apr 15, 2015 10:27 pm

Silas laughed merrily. "Oh, that's not me - that's Sandor. Or his father, really."

Sandor chuckled. "Father was so amused by Andarien's creatures that he wants to see more of them."

"And his girlfriend's dragon!" Silas giggled. "I never knew dragons could be so cute!"
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Wed Apr 15, 2015 10:55 pm

"Girlfriend?" Miyuki blinked.

She knew exactly who they were referring to, but it was the first time she heard Shoneah be called Andarien's girlfriend. Heck, she was sure if Shoneah was, Andarien didn't know it.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Wed Apr 15, 2015 11:00 pm

Both the elves laughed again, and then Sandor offered his arm to Silas, who set her hand in the crook of his elbow.

"Well, when they're walking like this through the forest, what else are we to think?" Sandor laughed as Silas spun him around.

The tent flap opened just then, and Shoneah, Andarien, Daenis, Mailon and their pets all came out. Andarien blinked at Sandor and Silas, Daenis and Mailon looked at them curiously, and Shoneah rolled her eyes.

"Come on, you two," she said flatly, "we've already explained what happened. You can stop now."

Silas pouted and jumped up on Sandor's back, wrapping her arms loosely around his neck. "We were just having fun!" There was a false whine in her tone, and a moment later she grinned and winked at Shoneah.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Wed Apr 15, 2015 11:18 pm

MIyuki chuckled, not wanting to point out that she didn't think the two elves believed them. Instead she made sure the rest of her Pokemon were with her and that they would follow.

"I think that's all of us then," Miyuki told the duo, "How about we do introductions once we meet your father?"

She was talking to Sandor as she said this, because between the people and the Pokemon it would be a long introduction.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Wed Apr 15, 2015 11:28 pm

"Or we could all get acquainted on our way there," Sandor pointed out, leaning back to return his fiancee to the ground. "It's a bit of a walk."

Once Silas was on the ground again, she took Sandor's hand and beckoned for everyone to follow as they started off between the trees.

"It would be a bit odd to be in each others' company without knowing who everyone is," she agreed. "Though Shoneah and Andarien did a pretty good job of describing each of you, I think. I mean, it's pretty simple, with how different you all are. Miyuki, you're the one who collects spices and such, right? And since we already know Shoneah and Andarien, then it follows that these two" -she gestured towards Daenis and Mailon- "must be Daenis and Mailon. Now, since Daenis is the one who Andarien says has a husband, I deduce that this is she." She nodded at Daenis. Then she grinned at Mailon. "And you, by default must then be Mailon, the loving husband."

Mailon's brow furrowed slightly, and he looked at Shoneah and Andarien. "What did you tell them about us?" he questioned quietly, sounding halfway between amused and confused.

Andarien shrugged. "Well, they asked," he said simply.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:35 pm

Miyuki laughed a bit, "I think the better question is then, what did they ask?"

Despite the fact she didn't refer to the couple directly, she did look at them with a smile as she asked this. This was a good sign to her though, it meant that the family hosting them probably won't be too surprised by them.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:45 pm

"Very little compared to the information they gave us," Sandor replied with a chuckle. "I think we simply asked who might be interested in coming, and it sort of went from there."

"Though I have another question now," Silas said as if she had just decided on it. She turned to walk backwards so that she could look at Daenis and Mailon. "Are you White Elves? Because you're both awfully white, and I can't think what other race you might be."

Daenis nodded. "We are. We are not welcome among our kind, so we travel with Miyuki and Andarien and their family."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sat Apr 18, 2015 7:10 pm

There wasn't much to add to that, because collecting people was not unusual for Miyuki and Andarien's family. It almost had become the norm really.

It was amazing that they always found people who wanted to travel or needed to get away.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sat Apr 18, 2015 7:31 pm

One side of Silas' mouth curled up with disgust. "It really is awful, how many people aren't accepted, even among their own people. Most of the time it's because of things that don't even really matter!"

"S-Silas," Sandor said softly, caution in his tone.

Silas looked at her fiance, still frowning. "You know it's true, Sandor." She whirled around to face Daenis and Mailon again. "I bet you didn't even do anythingterrible, either," she said as if she were certain of the fact. "You probably just stood up for yourselves or something."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sat Apr 18, 2015 7:39 pm

Miyuki was thoughtful, she wasn't sure how Malion felt about that statement, but it was technically true for the both of them. From her understanding Mailon was exiled because he did try to encourage change within his tribe (after quite the epiphany) and Daenis just didn't want to be forced into marriage.

Granted it was marriage to a bad husband and just a political move, but still.

Miyuki decided it was best to move away from the topic of why the two were no longer living with their tribes.

"It sounds like you've heard or experienced something like that," Miyuki commented softly.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sat Apr 18, 2015 7:45 pm

Silas set her jaw and nodded. "Growing up, I had an aunt that I was really close to. She was the one who took care of my education, actually. We were really close. Then when I was ten, a traveler came here from Illsbruic, to the south - she really liked him, and everyone was so angry with her that she had to leave. Even my parents wouldn't speak to her."

"It was the first time we'd seen anyone here act like that," Sandor added, squeezing Silas' hand. "It was pretty frightening at the time."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sat Apr 18, 2015 7:52 pm

"Ah of course..." Miyuki murmured, "Relationships with outsiders seems to be quite the sticking point in many places. And in some places outsiders are an issue period, but every place is different..."

Miyuki wished could say she found it curious, but she didn't really. She might be bemused by this idea of race purity, but she understood why people thought that way. Granted, she didn't fully understand why people thought that way, but she understood the validity of the reasoning.

Even if she thought the reasoning was not that accurate. It was culture and values that made up the people, not the blood itself, and even then culture was like the earth, it changed with time and outside influences. It was just.. the way things worked.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sat Apr 18, 2015 8:07 pm

"Shouldn't be that way," Silas muttered darkly.

Sandor poked her in the ribs, making her squeal and jump.

"Happy thoughts," he told her gently.

Silas glared at him, sighed, and then hugged him. "Yes, of course. Happy thoughts. Happy dinner. Happy times." And just like that, she was back to her bubbly self again. She turned back to the others and smiled at them, a little bit sheepishly. "Sorry about that.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sat Apr 18, 2015 8:33 pm

"That's okay," Miyuki assured Silas, "On to other things, do you have any other questions?"

Though she wasn't sure what Silas would ask next.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sat Apr 18, 2015 8:48 pm

"Well, not really," Silas grinned. "Like we said earlier, Andarien gave us a lot of information about all of you."

"Of course, we're also open to questions, if you have any," Sandor offered.

"And our parents are also open to questions," Silas added. "Just be careful asking my mother about spices - she might talk about it for the rest of the evening." She giggled, clearly amused by the idea.

Daenis laughed. "Somehow, I do not think I would mind that."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sat Apr 18, 2015 9:21 pm

"I wouldn't neither, it would be a better answer than what I got a dinner yesterday," Miyuki sighed a bit.

Really, last night was highly unhelpful, even if one did just forge for foods, preference in taste would have caused most people to search out specific types of food during certain seasons. Nevermind the fact they had to know which foods were edible and which would kill you.

Last edited by Kara Winters on Sat Apr 18, 2015 9:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sat Apr 18, 2015 9:26 pm

"Oh?" Sandor repeated, looking at Miyuki curiously.

Silas was also intrigued. "What happened ? You missed an answer to something?"

Daenis, Mailon, Shoneah and Andarien had all been out of the room the evening before, so none of them could answer.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sat Apr 18, 2015 9:32 pm

"When asking what ingredients that this country uses, all I got was hunting and foraging is where all the food comes from," Miyuki explained, "And when asking what sort of foraging, it as a very vague answer. Though I am going to go on a foraging trip, probably sometime tomorrow, but still..."

She figured if one foraged for food you had to be really good at coming up with meals on the fly, but there had to be specific things.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 14 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next