The World of Arda
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Quickly Through Quir - 119 4A

2 posters

Page 9 of 14 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14  Next

Go down

Quickly Through Quir - 119 4A - Page 9 Empty Re: Quickly Through Quir - 119 4A

Post by Nara-pyon Sat Apr 18, 2015 9:52 pm

"Oh, who are you going with?" Silas asked brightly. "I used to go for spices with Mother, and occasionally hunting with Father, and I know it can be more fun to go with some people than others."

Sandor chuckled. "You really don't have to know every detail about them, Silas," he reminded her. "Besides, we're almost there."

Sure enough, even as he spoke, they came around a tree and several meters ahead of them, still a few trees away, there was a fire burning brightly and several people around it who looked very busy.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

https://twoarda.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sat Apr 18, 2015 10:10 pm

Indeed they were, and easy to spot because of the fire.

"So we are," Miyuki chuckled.

Her pokemon sniffed the air to gather the scents, and because it kind of smelled good.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sat Apr 18, 2015 10:19 pm

Eon and Zeus were familiar with the site already, and Zeus ran ahead of the group. Eon didn't bother sniffing the air, but urged the rest of his family to come ahead as well.

"Come, our parents are eager to meet you all," Silas beamed, picking up her pace. She skipped ahead, tugging Sandor after her.

Daenis was smiling brightly. Clearly the fact that she and Mailon were White Elves was not going to be a problem here.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sat Apr 18, 2015 10:33 pm

Miyuki picked up her past, though Suki and Ryo were easily running ahead, but they tended to jump ahead in things.

Yasu ahead towards the fire so he could be near it, as warm places were his preferred spot. In fact when he wasn't with Miyuki he was at the forge napping.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sun Apr 19, 2015 6:52 pm

The five elves around the fire greeted the familiar pokemon cheerfully and waved to the new ones.

"There they are!" came a young voice. A girl, maybe ten years old, came running from the fireside towards the group. She jumped up into Sandor's arms and hugged him, then, still hanging from his neck, looked around at the others. "Hello, Andarien and Shoneah!" she beamed. "And these must be your friends! We've been waiting all day!"

The others who were around the fire laughed. There were two men and two women. One of the men, who looked quite a bit like Sandor, was squatting in front of the fire, working; one woman was mixing something in a bowl; and the others were lounging about and relaxing.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sun Apr 19, 2015 11:01 pm

Miyuki was bemused, and wondered how many people did her brother meet or if the information they gave just kept getting spread around. The latter was very possible, that is what happened on Haven, from what little she could remember of it.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sun Apr 19, 2015 11:08 pm

Andarien and Shoneah stepped forward confidently with Silas and Sandor and greeted the four who were around the fire. Then Sandor took it upon himself to make the introductions. He began with introducing the group of travelers, and then the others. The man who was working on the food was Sandor's father, Konak, and his wife, Tylin, was mixing the bowl. The others were Silas' parents, Taral and Keriae. The little girl who had jumped on Sandor was his younger sister, Elora. She had something of a brother complex and was jealous of Silas' relationship with Sandor, but both young adults seemed to be able to handle her just fine.

"Come, sit," Tylin invited them all warmly. "It is wonderful to meet all of you. Dinner is very nearly ready."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:06 am

"Thank you, and it's a pleasure to be here," Miyuki replied in turn.

She took Tylin's invite and took a seat, allowing her Pokemon to huddle around at her feet. Though Ryo was far more interested in exploring and Yasu had taken a nap as close to the fire as he could get without being underfoot.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:24 pm

Xipil on the other hand crawled right into the fire for his nap, curling up in a niche between two logs.

"It was very kind of you to have us for dinner, especially since you hadn't yet met us," Daenis added as she and Mailon sat beside each other.

Tylin laughed softly. "Yes, well, Silas and Sandor were so eager to have you all, there was no way we could turn them down!"

"And it's rare I meet anyone with the same passion for spices as I have," Keriae smiled warmly. "Silas has no interest in such things. She's all about trees."

"Which works just fine because Sandor is, too," Silas quipped, sticking her tongue out at her mother.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:16 pm

Miyuki chuckled, "Daenis often cooks for the group and spices is one of the items I often trade in."

It wasn't that Miyuki was obsessed with spices, it was just part of her now make shift profession. Miyuki considered herself a merchant of experiences to lack a better term.

Or perhaps a merchant of culture? That didn't seem to be fully accurate.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:22 pm

"You enjoy cooking, then, Daenis?" Keriae asked the pale woman warmly, smiling at her.

Daenis blushed lightly. "I do. It was the one thing I learned from my mother before I lost her, and I enjoyed learning more about it as I grew older. In the north, there is only a small selection of things one can make to eat ... but since I joined Miyuki and Andarien's family in travel, I have had many opportunities to learn new things and try new foods."

She laughed softly. "It doesn't seem to matter what I make - no one ever hesitates to try at least some of it, and I've yet to find something that no one likes at all."

Keriae laughed along with her. "Then you are fortunate indeed."

"She means me," Silas grinned. "I used to be pretty picky."

"And Elora still is," Sandor quipped, looking at his little sister.

Elora pouted at him.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Wed Apr 22, 2015 11:30 pm

"A lot of us have been traveling for a long time, or in the case of me and my brother, we've been traveling since we were born, so it's really hard to be picky when eating," Miyuki explained.

She couldn't say she tried some really weird stuff, but she had a pretty wide palette since they never stayed in one place for longer than a few months normally.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Wed Apr 22, 2015 11:57 pm

Shoneah chuckled softly. "Well, Andarien can be pretty picky," she teased him, poking his ribs and making him squirm.

"Only if I don't like the food," Andarien protested, covering his ribs with his hands protectively and glaring at Shoneah.

His comment made the others laugh.

"Isn't that the definition of a picky eater?" Konak grinned. "But if there is something here that you don't like, I won't force you to eat it."

"Papa's making good food tonight!" Elora beamed. "All my favourites!"

"And on that note," Konak said, taking the bowl from his wife, "dinner is ready. Come on over, everyone."

Silas motioned for the travelers to head over to where Konak was. Next to him was a stack of beautifully carved plates, cups and utensils, and in front of him, on a grill over the fire, was the meal: strips of marinated rabbit meat, tender and so juicy that they were still dripping onto the fire below; a thick, creamy soup with a variety of vegetables, roots and spices; a sort of stir-fry of greens, veggies, mushrooms, and even what looked like flower petals or something similar; and a bun-type pastry stuffed with various meats, which had been slow-roasted while wrapped in leaves that Wren would have recognized - naekeurtsl - which gave them not only the flavour of the pastry and meats, but also a smoked and spicy flavour unique to that type of plant. On a tree stump next to the fire there was also a large bowl with a salad in it: forest greens, mushrooms, bits of meat, sliced boiled eggs, and a few raw veggie bits as well. Konak's wife had been mixing a dressing for it, a dressing that would taste slightly sweet and yet suit the salad.

"Grab a plate and I'll serve you," Konak smiled at them all. As they came, he told them what each item was and what it was made of, as well as what blend of spices - and how much - was used to give the flavour that they had.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:52 pm

Miyuki also recognized the naekeurtsl, even if she only had them one or twice in her life. Now that was a rare thing to find. There was so much food though, it was a good thing Konak was serving.

Miyuki paid attention to what he had to say, even if she didn't recognize a good number of the spices.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:08 pm

It wasn't long before all of them were served and eating. The food, as promised, was delicious, and even Andarien was soon asking for seconds.

Their hosts remained as friendly as when the group had first arrived, and they were full of stories and information, as well as curiosity. They asked all sorts of questions about the group - their course, their purpose, their races, their experiences and more - and when Daenis, burning with curiosity, asked why they weren't bothered by her and Mailon being White Elves, they were quite warm in their reply.

At last, though, the sun set and the forest grew dark, and with reluctance the group agreed that it was time for them to return to their tent for the night. An invitation was extended towards any in their group to join the two families at their fire for any night in which the travelers were still there, and they promised to pass on the invitation. Then it was time to go back, and Silas and Sandor once more led the way. This time, though, things were much quieter and even Silas seemed to be running short on energy, and what conversation there was was soft and calm.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sat Apr 25, 2015 12:00 am

Miyuki was quite content, and maybe a bit sleepy from all the food. Honestly that was more of a feast than a dinner.

"That was fun," Miyuki admitted, "Makes me want to plan a meal..."

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sat Apr 25, 2015 12:39 am

"If you do, I would be glad to help you," Daenis murmured sleepily as they walked. "I would love to try some of the spices Keriae told us about."

"Then it will be your turn to invite us for dinner," Silas smiled.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sat Apr 25, 2015 12:45 am

"That would be fun!" Miyuki admitted.

She would like to taste some of the spices as they were and see if they could be incorporated in the kinds of dishes that they already made.

"Could try a bit of what we were introduced to tonight, and then make things that we've learned in other places...."

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sat Apr 25, 2015 12:57 am

"Or blend them," Daenis smiled. "I can think of at least a few of the spices we had tonight that would quite nicely compliment many of the foods that we already enjoy."

Mailon put one arm around his wife's shoulder and drew her close. "You shouldn't be thinking about that now," he told her quietly, though he was smiling. "You keep yourself so busy all the time. Let yourself rest for the night."

"But it is so exciting to have new things to try!" Daenis protested, laughing. "And until Wren tells me that what she is growing in the gardens is ready, there is not much new for me to do."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sat Apr 25, 2015 10:47 pm

Miyuki laughed, "And we're not going to do it tonight. Maybe tomorrow? Since there is no market here, there's no need to sell anything...."

Though she could tell stories, she wondered what stories would be good here. Perhaps of places that have flora unlike here? That sound good, but it was hard to imagine being able to top trees so large one could live in them.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sat Apr 25, 2015 10:58 pm

"But you will be busy tomorrow, will you not?" Daenis countered with a smile. "Raina is taking you gathering - unless I amistaken. Perhaps the night after?"

Mailon chuckled softly. "Don't plan the whole week or you won't have time for things that come up."

Daenis giggled and poked his ribs. "It is one meal, not the entire week."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:23 pm

Miyuki laughed, "And I'm guessing the gathering is just during the day, and a meal would take planning so maybe just planning after the gathering and then a dinner some day after that. Who knows what I'll find on the gathering trip."

Since Raina and her husband weren't very specific on the kind of things that could be found, who knew what Miyuki would find for the group.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:52 pm

"That sounds good to me," Daenis smiled. "I am not entirely sure what I shall do tomorrow, but perhaps I will simply take the day to rest. Somehow today seems to have drained my energy."

"Amazing how often that seems to happen," Silas giggled. "I'm almost always exhausted by the end of the day."

The tent came into sight just ahead of them, and Silas and Sandor stopped. "Here is where we leave you," Silas smiled at them all. "It was so wonderful to meet you all. I hope we run into each other more while you're here. And if you ever need anything or have more questions, you know where to find us."

"At least in the evenings," Sandor added.

"And with our luck you'll pop out of the trees and scare us at any given moment," Shoneah added dryly, though she was smiling.

Andarien chuckled softly.

While the people were talking, Eon and Zeus headed towards the tent, Eon's blue rings and Zeus' golden electricity glowing in the darkness.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:45 pm

Ai and Suki followed suit and slowly one by one, everyone slipped inside the tent and to their respective rooms. It was late and it had been quite the busy day.

Busy enough to make it tiring for those getting back.

Despite the fact Miyuki was already plotting for the next day or two.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:53 pm

When morning came, Lancaeriel and Iorlas had worked together to prepare breakfast for everyone. Wren, who had gone climbing the day before with Mirania, was very stiff and sore and seemed to want only to be left alone.

Earendil was in a thoughtful mood, and as they ate, he murmured to Lin, "What do you think about asking Lancaeriel how to show us how to talk to people using a mirror? We've been gone a long time ... I wouldn't mind talking to my parents again. I know we saw them in Caras Galadhon, but that was already a few years ago."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 14 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14  Next