The World of Arda
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Easing Through Eaulir - 119 4A

2 posters

Page 8 of 32 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 20 ... 32  Next

Go down

Easing Through Eaulir - 119 4A - Page 8 Empty Re: Easing Through Eaulir - 119 4A

Post by Kara Winters Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:34 pm

"Ah... that was the place Sliverbirch and I were told about," Eron replied, remembering that now.

It seemed like a long time ago since they had started traveling with the group.

"That's how we ended up seeking out Kyrie. We sort of figured at the time, that a place with so many different types of people, there might be someone who would know about how to get to Gaia."

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Easing Through Eaulir - 119 4A - Page 8 Empty Re: Easing Through Eaulir - 119 4A

Post by Nara-pyon Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:40 pm

Shiro laughed. "And we figured that with so many people, there had to be someone who could safely guide around the continent!" he chuckled. "It still amuses me that for someone who most people would claim to hate either because of her lineage or her lifestyle, Kyrie has more friends and is more sought out than anyone I've ever met before. She's like an Ardan rock star, seriously! Maybe people aren't lined up for her autograph, but that's just because people here are more sensible about the true worth of things, at least for the most part."

"Rock star?" For someone who was technically from Gaia, there was an awful lot about it that Andarien didn't understand, and possibly never would.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

https://twoarda.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:46 pm

Eron opened his mouth to explain, but then closed it. It was really a cultural thing and even he couldn't explain it that well.

"It's something you would have to see to understand," Eron admitted to Andarien, "It's just a way of saying she's very popular, famous..."

She probably even had exaggerated stories told of her somewhere in this world.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Fri Jul 24, 2015 8:56 pm

Andarien still wasn't sure he understood, and he had to ask, "She's popular and famous ... just because she's a guide?"

"Not because she's a guide, but because she helps people," Shiro countered. "At least, that would be my guest. She judges no one, she offers everything and asks nothing in return, helps anyone who needs it, whether they ask for her help or not ...."

He chuckled and took another bite of food. "And that doesn't even take into consideration having her as a friend or companion. It takes a bit to get her to open up, but once she does there's a whole new level to her."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Fri Jul 24, 2015 10:34 pm

Eron had to agree, there was quite a bit to Kyrie. Thinking about her made him wonder if she would like to come along on this exploration trip tomorrow.

Which was why at breakfast the next day, he asked Kyrie, and anyone else who happened to be at the table if they wanted to come along to explore, and find the possible cave or vein that was somewhere underground.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Fri Jul 24, 2015 10:51 pm

Only a few of the group agreed to go with them: Andarien of course, though he insisted that his Pokemon accompany him; Kaito was eager for something new and different; Shoneah and Xipil; Kyrie and Uruloki; Shiro with his tablet; and even Daeron was feeling adventurous enough to go.

Once Daeron voiced his desire, Amir looked up at Iorlas and stared at her, his eyes serious, his lips pursed ever so slightly, not quite enough to be called a pout but enough to show that he also wanted to go. He said nothing, however, letting his eyes ask his question for him, and she smiled in resignation and turned to her husband.

"Do you think it would be safe for Amir to go with?" she asked him.

Daeron grinned. "Of course. With all of us around, he'll be fine - especially if Kaede comes with. You'll be staying here then, I take it?"

She nodded. "I'm afraid caves aren't quite my thing," she murmured with an apologetic smile.

Earendil thought the idea sounded rather adventurous, and he turned to Lin and grinned at her. "What do you say?" he asked her. "It's been a while since we've done anything like this."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Fri Jul 24, 2015 11:00 pm

Lin didn't need to think about it, she thought it was a wonderful idea.

"I would like that, I think it'll be fun," Lin replied, smiling in turn.

Miyuki decided she would rather stay topside if the others were going underground.

"And besides, we have to find the entrance first, if this is really a cave," Eron added, "It'll give us a chance to explore the area regardless."

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Fri Jul 24, 2015 11:12 pm

"Of course, we'll be following you," Kyrie pointed out with a grin. "I know of no caves in the area, and you're the one who can sense it."

"How does it feel not to be a guide for once?" Shiro grinned at her.

Kyrie laughed. "So far, no comment. Ask me again once I've been led around a bit. It's been a while."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Fri Jul 24, 2015 11:23 pm

"No pressure then," Eron joked as he finished up his breakfast.

The idea of trying to find something by sensing was exciting. Certainly a bit different than what he was use to. He wasn't sure what they would do if they couldn't find an entrance though.

Lin also continued to finish her meal, before gathering up the plates for washing. The sooner everything was done the sooner they could go.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sat Jul 25, 2015 12:09 am

"Don't worry about a thing, we'll take care of it," Daenis chided Lin, taking the dishes from her and smiling warmly at her. "Go, enjoy yourself."

"Just don't be late for lunch," Lancaeriel added with a glint in her eye. "We know how easily you lose track of time."

"They'll have Daeron along, no fear of that," Iorlas quipped, struggling to keep a straight face.

Kaito cracked up.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sat Jul 25, 2015 12:34 am

Eron chuckled at that implication.

"We'll be on time for lunch," he assured the women before opening the tent flap for everyone else, "See you in a few hours."

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sat Jul 25, 2015 12:42 am

Andarien made sure all of his Pokemon were with him - including Ponydash, who had had to save him the last time they'd explored a cave - and Kyrie dug out their digging supplies - just in case - and then they were ready to go.

The others were already outside waiting for them when they emerged from the tent, and with a grin and a skip Kaito urged them to hurry.

"Lead the way, Eron!" he grinned at the demon. "Where to?"
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sat Jul 25, 2015 12:45 am

Eron wondered if Kaito was already antsy from all that rest they had yesterday, because he seemed the most eager to go anywhere.

"Let's start over there," he pointed to a direction further in the forest, "Since that's where I started from."

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sat Jul 25, 2015 5:26 pm

"Is that where you started exploring or where you first sensed it?" Kyrie asked him curiously as they followed him towards the jungle. "Perhaps we should try to find where it's closest to the surface."

"You couldn't find a beginning or end to it?" Shiro questioned. His wings were flapping ever so gently, just enough to create a slight breeze on his back. It wasn't an overly humid day - at least, not compared to when they were more inland - but it was still quite hot.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sat Jul 25, 2015 5:35 pm

"I can estimate where it ends, but it's a large guess. There's something about it that makes it difficult," Eron explained.

Spreading out his senses again, he tried to backtrack where he had "followed" this feeling the day before.

"Though, I do think it gets closer to the surface over in that direction," Eron murmured pointing to an area deeper into the forest.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sat Jul 25, 2015 5:46 pm

Kyrie nodded and kept quiet, growing thoughtful. They'd come from that direction a few days before, and she knew the area pretty well, and she was trying to think of where she might have missed a cave or something similar. There were animal dens and burrows, of course, but that wasn't quite the same thing, and they rarely ended up bigger than they needed to be. And the larger animals didn't use dens - the jaguars and tigers, even the tapirs, they just lived in the forest undergrowth, or in the trees.

Though she had to admit, she didn't come this way often. Perhaps she had missed it after all.

"Were you able to sense any life in or around it?" she asked Eron seriously. "Animal or otherwise?"
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sat Jul 25, 2015 6:21 pm

Eron understood what Kyrie was asking and shook his head.

"No more than what you would find around the area. There's nothing nesting in or around it..."

Which was odd now that he thought about it, a cave would be a great place for some wildlife, and a tunnel would be too.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sat Jul 25, 2015 6:44 pm

Kyrie simply nodded again, once more keeping her thoughts to herself. If there were no animals in it, then it probably wasn't possible to enter it from above ground. What did that mean, then? A cavity in the earth? How was that possible? Or was it something else entirely?

"Are we getting close?" Kaito asked, a bit impatiently, after they'd been walking a few minutes more. So far they had not seen anything out of the ordinary, and only the anticipation of encountering something potentially new or unexpected was keeping him going.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sat Jul 25, 2015 6:51 pm

"Patience..." Lin murmured to Kaito.

Though she understood the impatience, Lin felt this was going to be more of a mystery than anything else. Eventually Eron stopped, frowned and looked down at his feet.

"It's closest to the surface here, though I'm pretty sure the earth is thicker here than I think it is..."

They probably wouldn't have to dig very far to get to this gap, which didn't make much sense to him.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sat Jul 25, 2015 6:54 pm

For most, the temptation was simply to get on hands and knees and check around, but Kyrie and Shoneah had the same thought: they started by checking around and making sure the area was secure. If they found what they were looking for but were taken off guard by someone or something that meant them harm, that would be a problem.

"Do you think you can pinpoint it exactly?" Daeron queried, setting down his bag and reaching for a shovel. "We can start to dig for it, in that case."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sat Jul 25, 2015 10:48 pm

Eron frowned thoughtfully before taking a few paces, stopping and taking a few paces the other way. He kept this up for a few minutes, pacing back and forth until he stopped at one area.

"Here, it's the closest to the earth and the largest amount of... nothing I can find," he finally replied.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sat Jul 25, 2015 11:04 pm

By that time, Kaito also had a shovel in hand and was ready to dig. As lazy as he usually was, he was bored and ready for some action.

"Pity we don't have any more shovels," Shiro quipped.

Earendil chuckled. "Well, we'd have to take turns anyways," he pointed out. "None of us are used to digging."

From his perch on Shoneah's shoulder, Xipil flapped his wings once and nuzzled his mistress' cheek.

"Xipil is willing to help dig," Shoneah spoke up for him.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sat Jul 25, 2015 11:29 pm

"Thank you," Eron replied to Xipil, "I don't think it'll be that far in before you'll hit it. That being said be careful."

He was saying this more to Kaito because he sometimes rushed head long into things. Also, if this was a cave, he didn't want anyone falling it or worse yet creating a sinkhole that caused them all to fall in.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sat Jul 25, 2015 11:33 pm

Xipil spiraled down Shoneah's body to the ground and used his claws to join in the digging effort. It didn't take long before one of the shovels hit something with a solid thunk, jolting Daeron's shoulders in the process.

"Ow!" he cried out, more in surprise than anything.

Kyrie knelt next to the hole and brushed some of the loose dirt away from it.

"Odd," she murmured. "Eron, there is no empty space here ... it's a rock, or something ..." She looked closer. "Though ... it doesn't quite look like any rock I've seen before ..."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sat Jul 25, 2015 11:44 pm

Eron squatted near the rock and touched it gingerly with his hand. It felt like no metal that he felt before, in fact he felt nothing.

"That's.. weird... I see it, I feel it, but when I reach out with my magic, it's like it's not there at all," Eron murmured.

Yet his other senses told him it was there.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 32 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 20 ... 32  Next