The World of Arda
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Easing Through Eaulir - 119 4A

2 posters

Page 32 of 32 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32

Go down

Easing Through Eaulir - 119 4A - Page 32 Empty Re: Easing Through Eaulir - 119 4A

Post by Kara Winters Sat Nov 07, 2015 12:51 am

Lin looked thoughtful, it sounded like a leap of faith. They would have to hope there was someone there who could point them in the right direction.

"If we can't find people, but find the settlement," Lin murmured, "That might give us something to go by. If there are no bodies... we might have to ask Shiro and the others in the lab for help. They probably know ways of digging up clues from abandon places."

They had a lot of resources within the tent in terms of minds, so someone might be able to find something.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Easing Through Eaulir - 119 4A - Page 32 Empty Re: Easing Through Eaulir - 119 4A

Post by Nara-pyon Sat Nov 07, 2015 12:56 am

Kyrie nodded. "Either way, I think it's best if we don't even set up the tent until we know something."

"We all want to protect those who will be left inside," Jassin said quietly, his expression serious. "I, too, am accustomed to investigations. Should we find any bodies, I am able to perform autopsies, search for signs of poisons and so on. Our training in the army was extensive."

Kyrie smiled solemnly. "Good. Then Khetal needn't come out unnecessarily."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

https://twoarda.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sat Nov 07, 2015 1:05 am

"That's good at least..." Lin sighed, "So where exactly are we heading within the country? You've seem to have done a lot of your own investigation as well."

So Kyrie probably had an idea of where they were going to go.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sat Nov 07, 2015 1:17 am

Kyrie rolled up the map to reveal a second one underneath. This one was smaller, but was clearly an enlarged map of Eausin itself.

"Here," she said, pointing to a spot roughly in the middle of the country. "As I recall, this is where the main Eausin settlement is. It's half a day's journey from the beach, but those who go to Eausin rather than Eaulir to have their children generally tend to be more cautious than those who come to Eaulir. They stay further from the water while their children are young to avoid chances of accidental drownings which, yes, do happen on occasion here."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sat Nov 07, 2015 5:02 pm

"Does this mean they're also more wary of outsiders?" Lin asked.

If there was anyone left it would be hard to ask questions if the locals were wary of them. She would expect some wariness already with people disappearing.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sat Nov 07, 2015 5:05 pm

"Not in my experience," Kyrie shrugged, "but then, more of them are like Chelan and Atl than are like Killian. Friendly but guarded."

"Will it be hard to get them to speak to us then?" Daeron asked, echoing Lin's thoughts without realizing it.

Kyrie thought about it for a moment, then shrugged again. "It depends. How afraid they are, whether its anyone I've met before ... how many there are ... how bad it is ..."

"I would imagine they wouldn't be happy to see us," Jassin pointed out, "at least in the beginning."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sat Nov 07, 2015 5:23 pm

"As long as they put up with having us there, I think we'll manage then," Lin replied.

She hoped they weren't forgetting anything, this was very different than what she was use to.

"Is there anything else we need to know before going?"

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sat Nov 07, 2015 5:26 pm

There was a moment of silence as Kyrie thought very seriously about Lin's question. In her mind, she ran through everything they'd talked about and everything that they would have to know. At length, she shook her head.

"I think that's it," she said softly. She rolled up her maps again and stood. "Get some rest. I'll be fetching you early."

Her dark eyes turned to Miyuki. "You can activate the security runes right now?" she requested quietly.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sat Nov 07, 2015 5:36 pm

Miyuki wasn't overly surprised by this request, even though she wasn't expecting the runes to be activated now.

"Yes," the kitsune nodded, "I'll go do that now then."

Even though it had been first her teacher's work, Miyuki had been taught how to activate them in case anything happened. At least, she thought it might prevent Killian from joining them early if they were still in the tent come morning.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sat Nov 07, 2015 5:41 pm

"Thank you," Kyrie murmured. With a nod to everyone, she added, "Good night," and headed off to bed.

The others left as well, to join spouses, significant others, or simply to go to bed, and soon enough the foyer was empty.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 32 of 32 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32