The World of Arda
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Easing Through Eaulir - 119 4A

2 posters

Page 26 of 32 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 32  Next

Go down

Easing Through Eaulir - 119 4A - Page 26 Empty Re: Easing Through Eaulir - 119 4A

Post by Kara Winters Wed Oct 14, 2015 11:50 pm

"Wow...." Lin laughed as she let out a big breath, "I was expecting a drink, but another desert?"

They were going to so crash from sugar, even though there was far less refined sugar in this meal than anything they would have back in Gaia.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Easing Through Eaulir - 119 4A - Page 26 Empty Re: Easing Through Eaulir - 119 4A

Post by Nara-pyon Thu Oct 15, 2015 12:05 am

Lin was incorrect in her assumption: there was actually no refined sugar in any of the treats, but simply raw sugar, crushed into tiny grains.

"It is the last one," Lashrael promised. "Though I think I'll have my coffee with it, they go together so well."

Kaito froze and stared at her. "Did you say ... coffee?" he asked in a tone so low he was just about purring.

Jassin laughed. "I take it you know the drink."

Rather than replying, Kaito grabbed his mug and jumped out of his chair. He stood next to the steaming pitcher and leaned over it, inhaling deeply.

"I knew I knew that smell," he breathed blissfully.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

https://twoarda.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Thu Oct 15, 2015 12:07 am

"Kaito....." Lin gave the neko a warning tone, "You haven't had that in years, if you have it now you are not going to sleep."

Granted she wouldn't have to deal with him, Shiro would have to deal with him. Lin certainly wasn't going to drink it, not only was coffee not something she enjoyed but she hadn't even had Gaian tea in years (her stash having ran out years ago). She would like to sleep tonight.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Thu Oct 15, 2015 12:18 am

"We're parked on a beach for the next eleven weeks," Kaito purred. "I'm not on a schedule. I don't care."

He poured himself a full mug of coffee and took a long, slow sip without even waiting for it to cool.

Lashrael laughed. "There's chocolate or vanilla to add for flavour, if you like," she told him, nodding to two tiny bowls on the counter.

"Nuuuu, thank you," Kaito grinned. "Just coffee, good and black."

He took another sip and refilled his cup before returning to the table.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:04 pm

Lin shook her head and was very glad she didn't share a room wit him at the moment.

"Why would Kaito stay awake if he drank that?" Miyuki asked.

Not being overly familiar with coffee.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:10 pm

"Caffeine," Shiro grinned. "A naturally occurring substance in coffee that stimulates the body and the mind. Also an addictive substance, especially for people with busy lives."

"Exactly," Kaito grinned, sipping again from his cup. "So gimme my coffee and leamme alone."

He was joking, of course, but there was a truth to it.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:12 pm

"I thought you were getting better after getting over your caffeine headaches at the beginning of our trip," Lin told Kaito.

She didn't even bother to mention that Kaito had no really good reason to be so dependent on coffee.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:17 pm

"Don't care," Kaito muttered into his mug. "At this point, I just miss the taste."

And if he were careful, he might not get re-addicted.

Andarien was looking at the drink thoughtfully, but Shoneah shook her head at him. He wasn't able to control himself in some things, and she didn't want him to end up dependent on something like that. He worked enough as it was.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:07 pm

"I'll try some," Miyuki offered.

Like Kaito said, it was going to be a long vacation, so she was sure it was safe to try a bit. Besides, she just had to try everything.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:17 pm

Various others also voiced their desire to try it, and so Lashrael obligingly poured more than a dozen cups of coffee - it was a good thing she had made so much. Most of the group enjoyed it, a few didn't, and very few didn't try it.

Overall, by the time the meal was over, everyone was stuffed and content, and though Lashrael and Jassin had prepared the entire meal themselves, they insisted on helping with the cleanup as well, which meant that it was completed very quickly. The night was already quite late, but some (those who had had some coffee) ended up staying up later than usual, while most at least retired to their rooms for the night.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sat Oct 17, 2015 9:41 pm

It was another week or so before Holly could finish the swimming suits for everyone. Not because it was complicated but because there were a lot of suits. Though she was a bit disappointed to find that Shiro and Kaito hadn't asked for one.

Which was a pity because when she started making the swimsuits she had asked Dareon if he could make her a surfboard, and asked if there was any strong rope to make a leash.

She doubted she would get good waves where they were, but she could hope for something decent.

So one could imagine how giddy the neko was when she told everyone that the swimsuits were done at lunch time.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sat Oct 17, 2015 10:05 pm

There was much excitement to learn that the swimsuits were finished, and as soon as lunch was over, people lined up to get their new outfits from Holly. Once they were changed, they headed outside to try them out. Some of the women were hesitant at first, considering that the suits showed more skin than almost any of them were used to (or comfortable) showing, but even they made it out eventually.

Shiro and Kaito, of course, had not asked for swimsuits, and while Kaito hung back inside the tent, Shiro at least headed outside to watch the others. Most of the group was still in the shallow water, not much deeper than their waists, but a few were out further.

It was a hot and humid day, perfect for swimming, but despite that, Shiro was still in his usual long pants and a t-shirt - though he had at least left his shoes inside and was barefoot, the skin of his feet so pale they were nearly white because of how rare it was he did not have footwear on.

There were a few waves that day, though nothing huge, and a few of the group were making a game of jumping or diving into the oncoming waves.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sat Oct 17, 2015 10:50 pm

Holly had asked Dareon if the board was done, even if there wouldn't be any large waves, it would give her a chance to acclimatize herself to the act again as it had been many years since she had tried. And when she was at school, she could only surf when she visited home, which was only a few times a year.

Miyuki felt weird without her tails and normal ears, but this form allowed her to swim without drowning. So she couldn't complain.

"Where's Kaito?" Miyuki asked as she stepped out of the tent and saw Shiro but not Kaito.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sat Oct 17, 2015 10:55 pm

The surf board was ready, polished and waxed as Daeron had been directed, and he was just now bringing it out of the tent to give to Holly. Without being asked, he had also made a second one - just in case someone else wanted to learn - and he had a board under each arm as he came outside.

Shiro chuckled at Miyuki's question, innocent as it was. "Hiding," he grinned. "Holly has threatened to teach him to swim."

Him, too, though he wasn't hiding from it like his brother was.

He did a double-take and looked at Miyuki thoughtfully. "This is the first time I've seen you like this," he murmured. "You could pass for a Fire Elf, no problem." He smiled at her. "Looks good on you."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sat Oct 17, 2015 11:10 pm

"Thanks," Miyuki laughed, awkwardly tucking a bit of hair behind her ear, "I think I would pass for a half elf, with the white tips. Not sure what my other half would be..."

Then she thought about Amir and the way his colourations were.

"Maybe a white elf if Amir's looks are anything to go by..."

Holly was delighted when she saw Dareon come out with the boards, "They're perfect!"

She ran up to him gleefully.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sat Oct 17, 2015 11:13 pm

"Probably," Shiro grinned. "Now don't waste your time standing here with me, go enjoy the water. Try out that new swimsuit of yours. Have fun."

Daeron chuckled at Holly's reaction, and he set the base of the boards on the sand, holding them upright with just one hand on each of them.

"I'm glad you like them," he smiled. "I know you only asked for one, but I thought, well, in case someone else wants to learn ..." He shrugged, still grinning.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sat Oct 17, 2015 11:15 pm

"I'm sure someone might be interested," Holly grinned as she ran a finger over the board, "Pity Kaito doesn't like water, or has those large wings. This would be his kind of a sport I think..."

She understood that he would get very waterlogged with those wings, despite the fact she had threatened a few times to teach him to swim. Honestly, just because he was a neko doesn't mean he couldn't do with a bit of water.

Miyuki laughed and nodded, "See you later then!"

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sat Oct 17, 2015 11:20 pm

Shiro grinned and watched as Miyuki headed off into the water, then turned his attention to everyone else. Truth be told, he was curious to see what Holly would do in the water - he admittedly had little experience with nekos aside from the family, and especially female nekos, and especially nekos that liked to go into the water.

For himself, it wasn't that he particularly disliked it, he just hadn't had a reason to try and spent his time doing other things.

He spotted Holly with Daeron and, deeming it better not to interrupt, went back to people-watching, though he glanced back at her from time to time.

Daeron chuckled at Holly's comment. "Well, maybe you just have to get out there and show us all how it's done," he grinned. "Who knows who might be interested? And maybe Kaito can be convinced somehow. I understand his wings might be a bit of a problem, but Lin certainly doesn't let it bother her, even if her wings are smaller than his."

While Lin could wear her wings like a cloak, Kaito's could be a cocoon for him!
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sat Oct 17, 2015 11:26 pm

"I don't expect I'll catch any waves today, it's fairly calm, but that's good. I haven't done this for years, so it's best to get use to the feel again first," Holly admitted.

Taking one of the boards, she made sure the leash was attached securely to the board and then to her ankle. Without an official lifeguard (though she was sure Kyrie was more than capable in the water), Holly was going to have to be extra careful. Leashing herself would make sure she always knew which way was up and could get back up if the waters got choppy after a wipe out.

"There," she nodded before holding it properly, "See you later!"

Then she trotted off to find a part of the water not full of people so she wouldn't be a hazard if she did manage to catch a wave. Her tail swinging from side to side contently as she do so.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sat Oct 17, 2015 11:29 pm

With most of the people busy in the water with their companions, Holly's venture out passed unnoticed by most. Even Daeron, once he joined Iorlas and Amir in the water, stopped paying much attention to her. Shiro however never stopped watching her as she headed into the water, hands on the surf board, and he marveled at how different she was when she wasn't wearing the frills of her usual Lolita wear.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sun Oct 18, 2015 8:26 pm

Holly waded in until she was thigh deep in water before mounting the surfboard and paddling out the rest of the way. She paused part way and sat up, straddling the surfboard as she considered the waves. She wasn't close enough, but the rolling current was giving her a feel for what would be there.

They weren't going to be big, but that was fine.

Once she was sure it would be okay, she paddled out to where she wanted to and waited for the next wave to come. She didn't have to wait long and quickly scrambled to her feet, balancing herself as the waves pushed the board forward. As expected, it wasn't big, but it carried the board and allowed her to practice getting her balance.

She wasn't steady for the first couple of tries, and actually wiped out in the first five or six tries. Fortunately, with small waves it meant she was fully aware where the board was and was able to reach the surface without bumping her head against it. It probably wasn't until her tenth attempt that she managed to at least stay on until the wave carried her back closer to shore.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sun Oct 18, 2015 8:34 pm

Unsurprisingly, it was Kyrie who first became curious enough to swim out to where Holly was surfing to watch her from closer.

"Whatever you're doing," she grinned, treading water, "that looks like fun. I see another of those boards on the beach - think you're up for giving lessons?"

She had never seen anything like it before, and it looked like a challenge: something she was always up for.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sun Oct 18, 2015 8:43 pm

Holly chuckled as she sat on the board, "Sure, grab the board and make sure to tie the rope to your thigh or ankle. Not because I'm worried about losing the board, but if you get caught up in a large wave and end up under, you can use the rope to figure out which way is up to the surface."

It helped that Kyrie obviously knew how to swim and tread water (and Holly suspected was a veteran at both.) Otherwise Holly wouldn't have agreed.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sun Oct 18, 2015 8:51 pm

Grinning, Kyrie turned and swam back to shore with powerful strokes. She was back very quickly with the second board tied to her ankle, and, copying what she had seen Holly doing, she was lying on it on her belly and paddling out. When she caught up with Holly again, she sat up as she had seen the neko do.

"Don't look now," she chuckled at the girl, "but I think you have an audience."

Back on shore, Shiro was still standing with his hands in his pockets and watching the group swim - though his gaze did fall with regularity on Holly, and for longer than he watched any of the others.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sun Oct 18, 2015 8:55 pm

Holly giggled in a sort of embarrassed manner, she was use to watchers but Shiro did seem to be watching her an awful lot.

"Most people think nekos are like regular cats and will avoid water unless it's to bath in, and even then that's question," Holly grinned "But when you grow up near water, you learn how to swim. It's actually a mandate by our education system to learn how to swim. Ah.. but I'm getting off topic."

With that Holly pointed out further where the waves were stronger explaining the process. She also gave Kyrie tips on safety like covering her head if she wasn't sure where the board was when going to the surface, or how to just float parallel to the shore if there was a rip current to prevent drowning.

Though she was sure Kyrie knew the last bit.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 26 of 32 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 32  Next