The World of Arda
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Time To Heal - Makshim, Shiezin 119 4A

2 posters

Page 27 of 34 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 30 ... 34  Next

Go down

A Time To Heal - Makshim, Shiezin 119 4A - Page 27 Empty Re: A Time To Heal - Makshim, Shiezin 119 4A

Post by Nara-pyon Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:59 pm

"To be completely honest," Shoneah admitted, "I really like those designs. Not ... entirely sure what a top hat is, but if Shiro says it would be a good addition ..."

"Holly," Shiro murmured, holding a hand out to her, "do you mind if I sketch one for them? Or you could, you'd probably do a better job of it than I would."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

https://twoarda.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

A Time To Heal - Makshim, Shiezin 119 4A - Page 27 Empty Re: A Time To Heal - Makshim, Shiezin 119 4A

Post by Kara Winters Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:07 pm

"Oh, sure," Holly nodded as she patted herself down for a pencil.

Once she found one, she began to sketch, she sketched a rough head first so she could show how it would look and sit on a person's head before making a rough outline sketch of a top hat. Once she had that shape she thought for a moment before adding a band to the hat and a few gears onto the side for decoration.

"I just wanted to add a bit of decoration to it first," Holly explained as she showed the hat to them.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:22 pm

"Hey, I like that," Andarien grinned, peering over at the sketch.

Shoneah giggled and nudged him. "It would suit you really well."

"Well, it sounds like that's set," Shiro chuckled. "Do you two have any other ideas yet?"

"Some," Shoneah replied with a smile. Looking at Andarien, she explained. "We're going to use rings, since they're the most widely recognized symbol of marriage - and we're pretty excited to make our own."

Andarien grinned back at her.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:42 pm

"That does sound exciting," Holly agreed.

She didn't bother to ask if they had set a date, this wasn't Gaia. Everything would take much longer to prepare depending on what else they wanted.

"What other traditions had people been talking about?"

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Thu Oct 27, 2016 8:00 pm

"A lot of similar things," Shoneah murmured. "Feasts and music and such."

"Fights," Andarien said flatly.

Shoneah smiled and patted his knee. "Only among the White Elves," she reassured him. "And that's clearly not something we're going to do."

"Feasts sound nice, though," Shiro suggested.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Thu Oct 27, 2016 9:37 pm

"Any excuse for a feast is always fun," Hikaru agreed, "I know some cultures have foods that tend to be eaten specifically at a wedding or event where good luck or well wishes are wanted."

Though he was trying to think of foods off the top of his head, it had been a while.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:02 pm

"The only thing particular to marriages that we've been told about is a shared cup," Shoneah said thoughtfully.

"At least, the only thing that means something special," Andarien added. "I think we might do that, yeah?"

Shoneah nodded, smiling.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sat Oct 29, 2016 12:02 am

"I've seen that tradition a long time ago..." Hikaru nodded.

He couldn't quite remember, maybe it was for a cousin's wedding.

"Though I think Holly was thinking of the tradition of the wedding cake, though I'm not sure where that tradition came from. I noticed a lot of cultures around Gaia have some large sweet that the couple would cut and then serve to their guests at the end of a meal..."

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sat Oct 29, 2016 12:13 am

Andarien looked a bit iffy at the mention of cake. He had never been one for sweets, really.

Shoneah glanced at him. "I wonder ..." she murmured.

He blinked. "Wonder what?"

"Well ..." Shoneah tipped her head to one side, thinking. "If we want to incorporate various cultures, and most cultures include a feast at a wedding ... what if we were to do a feast, and have a favourite recipe from everyone's culture? With how many cultures are represented among our group, you have to admit, it would be quite the feast."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sat Oct 29, 2016 12:38 am

"It would be" Holly nodded in agreement, "And it would be very interesting and diverse. That would be fun."

"Would there be all the ingredients everyone needs though?" Hikaru asked not yet aware exactly how much the group had been collecting.

Holly chuckled, "Seeing as we keep stocking up wherever we go and thanks to the preservation boxes, yes. We even have rice!"

She looked to Hikaru as she said this knowing he might have a few ideas.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sat Oct 29, 2016 1:00 am

"It's going to be more of a potluck than anything," Shiro laughed. "But Holly's right, we've got ingredients from everywhere we've been. I mean, there are some Gaian things missing, but that's to be expected."

"Well, it's not just Gaian foods that are missing," Shoneah murmured, a bit wistfully.

This time it was Andarien's turn to give Shoneah's hand a squeeze.

She smiled at him. "I know, we'll make it back there eventually."

Turning back to the others, she added, "We've had other suggestions for the wedding, too. Where to have it, ceremonies ... inside, outside, garden, orchard ... long vows, prewritten, spontaneous, short and to the point ... honestly speaking, it's a bit overwhelming."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sun Oct 30, 2016 12:34 am

"If you're going for the full nine yards," Holly admitted, "Weddings are always overwhelming."

She didn't mention at least there was no worries about who and who not to invite, seeing as Shoenah still missed her family.

"Yea, that was probably why one of my distance cousins eloped on a weekend," Hikaru added absently.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sun Oct 30, 2016 12:40 am

"Whole nine yards?" Andarien repeated, his brow furrowing in confusion.

For once, Shoneah didn't look as thought she might be able to help him. Shiro took the opportunity to help them out.

"It means doing everything possible, rather than just the necessary bits," he explained. "And honestly, Hikaru, I can't blame your cousin. After seeing the craziness that surrounded my mother's wedding ..."

He chuckled, remembering.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sun Oct 30, 2016 12:54 am

"Dare I ask what that was like?" Holly inquired.

She had come to understand that many of their group (including Shiro and Kaito via adoption) were technically royalty. She supposed depending on where she had her wedding and circumstances it was probably quite a bit deal. Also, she knew the Winters clan was a large family with only about three or four generations. So it was easy to imagine the whole family had to be there.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sun Oct 30, 2016 1:11 am

"Well, when you're trying to put together a royal wedding," Shiro chuckled, "and you have to invite the whole family ... it takes a while, especially in a land without airplanes. So ... generations of Winterses, generations of Aldriches, all under one very large roof ... I think it was close to a year before the wedding actually took place. And even then there was all kind of craziness going on. It didn't help that things back home weren't all sunshine and roses. My oldest brother, Celebor, was only able to take one of his children with ... but that's another long story."

He smiled sheepishly.

"Well, I vote we keep it simple," Andarien shrugged. "Pretty clothes, vows, food, done."

Shiro laughed. "What about decorations?"
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sun Oct 30, 2016 11:59 pm

"Now you're just trying to make it more complex," Holly grinned, "Full out decoration isn't always necessary."

Especially not when it was just everyone in the traveling group.

"Especially if it's an outdoor or garden wedding," she added.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:20 am

"I do like the idea of outdoors," Shoneah admitted. "Not just to simplify things but because that's where I've always lived my life."

"Until this tent," Andarien pointed out.

Shoneah laughed. "Regardless, we have several beautiful gardens and an entire outside we could choose to use. Probably not the hottest or coldest gardens in fairness to everyone and their temperature tolerances, but that still leaves us with choices."

"Spring will be coming soon," Shiro pointed out. "Our gardens are always the same, but spring outside - the real outside - will have freshly blossoming flowers and trees."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:42 am

Hikaru nodded, "And around these parts it's very pretty."

He should know, he came here often enough.

"Hopefully we didn't just muddle things up again," the kitsune added with a laugh.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:44 am

"Muddle things up?" Andarien repeated, confused by the phrase.

"I think he means, he hopes we didn't just add to the decisions you have to make," Shiro grinned. To Hikaru, he added, "Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Mon Oct 31, 2016 8:55 pm

"Yes, that is exactly that," Hikaru nodded.

He wasn't use to being taken so literally, he had to remind himself to be more careful with talking with Andarien in the future.

"Sorry, I tend to use quite a number of sayings."

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Mon Oct 31, 2016 8:58 pm

Shoneah grinned at Hikaru. She knew what he meant. And while she still didn't understand all of his sayings, she knew she understood more than Andarien did.

"I'd love an actual real outside spring wedding," she murmured, looking to Andarien. "Budding flowers and trees ..."

Andarien just grinned at her. "Then that's what we'll do," he decided. "Do you think Kyrie would know of a good spot somewhere around here that has a lot of flowers or something?"
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:28 pm

"She should," Hikaru murmured thoughtfully, "If she doesn't, Ahkshi would most certainly know."

He only had a rough idea where to look for something like that, and didn't want to say anything in case he was wrong.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Mon Oct 31, 2016 10:12 pm

"Then we'll ask her the next time we see her," Andarien grinned.

"Good thing we're not in a real rush," Shoneah laughed. "There's never any telling when's the next time we'll be seeing her."

It was true: Kyrie's presence in the tent was spotty at best, now that they were in Makshim again. It stood to reason: this was where her home and her husband were. Of course she would spend as much time with them as possible.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Mon Oct 31, 2016 10:25 pm

"True that," Hikaru replied, "Though you might end up running into her when you go into town. Whenever that will be."

He didn't know how often the group went into town, and he hadn't to will to try as he was at the moment.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Mon Oct 31, 2016 10:29 pm

"Well, there's nothing we really need," Shoneah shrugged.

"Unless we tried selling some things," Andarien suggested. "I mean, we're starting to have quite a few things ready, and we can't use it all ourselves."

"Might be something to check out, then," Shiro nodded. "See if you're allowed, and where."

During their conversation, others had been passing through the foyer, but now they were approached by Lancaeriel. Usually so calm, her brow was furrowed slightly, though she kept her voice light as she spoke.

"Forgive my intrusion," she smiled at them, "but do you know where I might find Miyuki? I've some questions for her ..."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 27 of 34 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 30 ... 34  Next