The World of Arda
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Frolicking Through Friesia (119 4A)

2 posters

Page 5 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Frolicking Through Friesia (119 4A) - Page 5 Empty Re: Frolicking Through Friesia (119 4A)

Post by Nara-pyon Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:04 am

Every few minutes Earendil would check with his elfstones again to make sure they were still on the right track, and the group kept following him into the mountains. They kept going deeper and deeper, and the further they went, the more Daeron didn't understand what was going on.

"How could she have come so far?" he asked, confused, when they had been going for quite a while already. "If someone took her, surely there would have been some kind of tracks ... but why would she come this far on her own?"
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

https://twoarda.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Frolicking Through Friesia (119 4A) - Page 5 Empty Re: Frolicking Through Friesia (119 4A)

Post by Kara Winters Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:15 am

"I don't think we'll find out until we get there," Miyuki murmured.

She didn't want to point out that someone with that strong of a magical signature probably was a practicing magic user, so there could be ways to get Iorlas to come this far and maybe even a way to cover tracks.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:20 am

Daeron set his jaw and looked at his brother. "Are we getting close?" he asked him, trying to keep calm, though his worry was clear.

Earendil paused and used his stones again to check the direction.

"Just a bit further, I think," he nodded. "Come on."

Daeron looked over his shoulder at Miyuki. "Would you be willing to try to sense her again, see if anything has changed?"
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:28 am

"Give me a moment," Miyuki murmured.

She paused in her steps so she wouldn't get distracted and allowed her magic to spread out. Going past the people closest to her and trying to feel for that familiar feeling of Iorlas. All the while clamping down the worry of the other signature. In truth, she didn't look forward to feeling that other signature again.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:33 am

Mysteriously, the other signature was gone without a trace. There was not even a hint of the person, persons or things that had caused the strange signature to appear. But just a little bit ahead of them, in the cleft of a mountain, a signature, weak but present, was huddled. It was elven in shape and feeling, but it was not Iorlas' signature. Even so, it was the only other signature in range, and it was in the direction that the elfstones were leading them.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:36 am

Miyuki frowned as she tilted her head. She was confused, this signature was not Iorlas, but it wasn't the original signature that caught her attention in the first place.

"I don't feel her,but there's another one up ahead, not the same one as before, and much weaker. And I am horribly confused."

She would admit this freely, because it made no sense.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:33 pm

"Confused in what way?" Kyrie asked quietly. She was slightly distracted. If it wasn't Iorlas up ahead, who would it be? If it wasn't the source of the strange signature that had been more or less blinding them until now, then what had that been from? And what were the odds of someone else in the area, aside from Iorlas or the strange source?
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:31 pm

"Well... it just doesn't make any sense," Miyuki explained, "Even if that power source was the result of a spell, the person or people who cast it still would have a very large magic reserve, so they can't just disappear like that even after the magic done is over. Also if it was a spell there should be some residue of magic."

But it was if, whatever it was just up and disappeared into thin air, which made very little sense to Miyuki.

"At least that's the most confusing thing about it, the other magic signature doesn't bother me as much because really, it's so small it could be easily overshadowed by that really powerful signature."

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:43 pm

"Well at least we know that we don't have to worry about whatever it was that was blocking you before," Kyrie concluded.

"If we have to, we can worry about that later," Earendil decided, holding his elfstones aloft once more. "Right now, finding Iorlas is our priority."

The elfstones indicated that Iorlas was still ahead of them, in the same direction in which they had been going thus far, and the same direction that the new, foreign signature lay.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:02 am

Miyuki nodded, though she was growing very worried. She couldn't sense Iorlas and yet the stones were pointing in that direction. It made her wonder exactly how was her aunt doing?

Was she okay?

Was she even safe?

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Wed Sep 24, 2014 2:37 pm

When they rounded the mountain, sure enough, as Miyuki and the elfstones had indicated, in the cleft of the mountain a figure was huddled. All that was really visible was a cloak, white with blue snowflakes embroidered around the edges and on the hood, and two pale hand rubbing together for warmth.

It was enough for Daeron. He recognized the cloak without any difficulty.

"Iorlas!" he cried, and ran forward at top speed towards her, Kaede close behind.

He wasn't the only one, either: from Amir's throat, a strangled scream erupted: "Mama!" followed by a loud wail.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:31 pm

Lin also hurried ahead to make sure that Iorlas was doing okay. She seemed cold, but she had been out here for a long while.

Miyuki let the others go ahead, because something was bothering her. The kitsune could "feel" everyone around her, it was something she tuned out as her sensitivity to magic grew, but when she was paying attention it allowed her to know where everyone was. The strange signature was coming from Iorlas, and Iorlas' original signature was nowhere to be felt.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:45 pm

As soon as Daeron reached his wife, he threw his free arm around her, and Amir also put one arm around her neck. Iorlas hugged both of them tightly, tears on her cheeks.

"I knew you would find me if I stayed in one spot," she laughed softly, though it was clear that her laugh was one of relief, rather than amusement. She pressed kisses to Daeron's and Amir's cheeks.

Earendil smiled and returned his elfstones to their pouch, since they wouldn't be needing them anymore. He was glad to see Iorlas was all right, though he was a little confused since Miyuki hadn't sensed her.

Kyrie and Shoneah, both of them unused to the kind of sensing Miyuki had done, had no concerns about that, but were simply glad to see Iorlas safe.

"Now I feel like we overreacted," Shoneah murmured with a sheepish smile. "Though I suppose it's better safe than sorry."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:03 pm

"Auntie," Miyuki approached the two carefully.

She was sure it was her aunt, she just had this gut feeling, but she needed to know why.

"Why is your... magical aura different?"

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:26 pm

Daeron helped Iorlas to her feet, a tricky affair as Amir had somehow transferred himself to her instead of Daeron and wouldn't let her go, and rearranged her cloak so that she was covered better.

Iorlas was still crying, but she was smiling widely as she replied to Miyuki's question. "I am ... I am different," she murmured. "I am changed ... I ... have been ..."

She struggled to speak, overwrought with emotion, and she hugged Amir tighter. The boy was clinging tightly to her and kept murmuring over and over, "Mama ... mama ... mama ..."

Kyrie was instantly alert, her years of experience making her cautious of sudden and unexplained changes.

Shoneah was just plain confused.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:59 pm

"Calm down," Miyuki tried assure Iorlas, "Take a deep breath. You don't need to say it all at once. Just take your time."

Though Iorlas was smiling, so Miyuki was only a little worried.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Fri Sep 26, 2014 12:10 am

Iorlas nodded and took a deep breath, trying to calm herself, and Daeron stood next to her and put one arm around her, adding his warmth to hers.

"Perhaps we should head back to the others while we find out what happened," he suggested to the group. "I'm sure they will be eager to know Iorlas is safe."

They didn't need Kyrie or Earendil to guide them. Their tracks were so clear that they didn't even need Shoneah to lead the way. Anyone could have found their way back.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Fri Sep 26, 2014 1:05 am

There was a quiet agreement to return to the camp. Even though some were wondering what was going on, but they were willing to wait. It didn't seem that serious at the moment, not when Iorlas seemed to be okay.

Miyuki would like to know though, because it was just so weird.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Fri Sep 26, 2014 1:15 am

For a while, Iorlas was silent as they walked, keeping to herself as she sought to control her emotions. Daeron didn't press her for details, either, only kept one arm around her and shared his warmth with her. Kaede bounded alongside them to stay close to Amir, though after the way Iorlas had disappeared on them earlier it was possible she was also now keeping an eye on Iorlas as well.

But finally, Iorlas was ready to share her story.

"I didn't even realize I had wandered off," she told the others, "and when I finally did realize it, I had no idea where I was, or what had brought me there. It was just this ... odd feeling that I had to be somewhere, and my feet knew and my head didn't."

Her green eyes sparkled brightly. "It was the Valar ... the Valar ... Lord Manwë and Lady Varda ... it has been so long since any of the Valar have been seen in the world, but ... they were waiting for me. Looking for me. I ... I think they may even have called me out there ..."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sat Sep 27, 2014 10:12 pm

"Called for you?" Miyuki asked.

She did recall that Kyrie had said there were legends that some of the Valar still appeared in these parts, but to hear that her aunt had been possibly called by them was amazing.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sat Sep 27, 2014 10:35 pm

Iorlas turned to Miyuki, and for a moment she looked as though she didn't know what to say.

"It wasn't as if I was aware of any of it," she said finally. "One minute, I was watching over Amir, and the next thing I knew ..."

She shrugged. "There they were. They knew ... everything about me. About us." She looked at Daeron. "About everything we always hoped for. Everything we still hope for."

She looked at Amir and smiled widely before pressing a kiss to his forehead. "They gave me what Lancaeriel could not. I have been given a soul."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sat Sep 27, 2014 11:19 pm

Miyuki opened her mouth, and then closed it and seriously thought about it. The implications of Iorlas having a soul took a bit longer to really hit Miyuki. It meant a lot of things, though it did explain why Iorlas felt different to Miyuki than she had been before.

"So... you're..fully an elf?" Miyuki asked.

Well one didn't need to be an elf to have a soul, but since Iorlas was an elf anyways...

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sun Sep 28, 2014 12:04 am

Iorlas giggled. "Yes. Fully elven. Immortal as the elves, to live and die and live again ... forever."

"And everything that goes along with it," Kyrie murmured softly. She had a gentle smile on her face, almost wistful.

Daeron chuckled softly and put one arm around his wife's shoulders. "Well, then. It is fortunate indeed that we came this way."

It took a while, as Iorlas had been quite deep in the mountains, but finally they made their way back to the others. There was quite the commotion, with many of them rushing to join them and make sure Iorlas was all right; but Lancaeriel, rather than going to Iorlas, drifted to Miyuki's side.

"What happened?" she asked in a low tone. "Why is she different? And why is there no trace of what was blocking us before?"
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sun Sep 28, 2014 12:52 am

"It was the Valar that we sensed," Miyuki explained, "Auntie Iorlas said that they called to her. She didn't give exact details, only that they gave her a soul. She's fully elven, in every a way, which is why her signature is so different..."

It made sense to Miyuki, as incredible (and hard to believe) as it was. It certainly explain why the signature was so drastically different than what they were use to.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sun Sep 28, 2014 12:58 am

"The Valar?" Lancaeriel seemed surprised, her eyebrows arching slightly. Then she smiled. "Of course. As creators of this world, their magic would leave no visible signature after they left the area. It would simply blend in with everything else they've done."

Her eyes shone as she looked at Iorlas, her smile wide. "I am glad for her. If there is ever anyone who deserved the happiness she has achieved, it is her."

Suddenly she laughed. "It has been so long since I have been able to tell Cael I told him so," she giggled, "but it seems that finally I will have the opportunity."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next