The World of Arda
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hunting Through Keliac - 119 4A

2 posters

Page 17 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 28 ... 40  Next

Go down

Hunting Through Keliac - 119 4A - Page 17 Empty Re: Hunting Through Keliac - 119 4A

Post by Nara-pyon Tue Jan 26, 2016 11:24 pm

"Well, the last town we saw was the one we found you in," Shiro smiled, "that makes sense. We usually stop in a city or town in every country we visit - when they have them anyways, some are like Eaulir and Eausin, and don't have anything more than a simple settlement - so you'll see one eventually."

He paused setting things on the table and glanced at her. "What else would you be interested in having, if you had the opportunity? I mean, things that we could get in this world, not things that would only be available in Gaia."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

https://twoarda.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Hunting Through Keliac - 119 4A - Page 17 Empty Re: Hunting Through Keliac - 119 4A

Post by Kara Winters Tue Jan 26, 2016 11:29 pm

Holly chuckled, "I wouldn't mind getting the chance to work with spider silk. I mean I have heard of the concept in Gaia, but it's not practical as far as I can tell. Spiders in Gaia don't give a lot of thread and they're aggressive towards each other, so it would take up far too much room to keep them."

Granted it was Gaia, maybe one day someone would find a very large silk yielding spider that wouldn't try to kill you or kill other spiders.

"Now that I think about it, I'd like to know how it's managed here. The town I lived in didn't have spider silk, I heard about it from Miyuki."

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Tue Jan 26, 2016 11:41 pm

"You could talk to Earendil or Daeron," Shiro suggested. "They don't wear it much while we're traveling, but back home, most of their clothes are spidersilk. Of course, being princes, they can well afford it. I think it's actually standard for their family."

Though now that he thought about it, he only remembered seeing Daeron in spidersilks once, for a special occasion at the castle. Earendil was the one who wore it the most.

"Maybe if you talk to Earendil, he'll show you some of his spidersilk clothes," he added, getting the meat from the runed box and placing it on the tray with the dishes. "I don't have any myself, but I have to admit, I wish I did."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:03 pm

"It does sound like wonderful stuff from what I heard from Miyuki," Holly agreed, "I just want a chance to work with it."

Just so she could say she did, but she didn't know what she would make from it if given a choice.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:12 pm

"Well, I hope you get the opportunity someday," Shiro said sincerely.

By that time they had finished the tray of food for the newcomers, and Shiro picked it up.

"Should we get drinks for them too?" he asked as an afterthought. "They're probably thirsty as well after a walk like that."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Thu Jan 28, 2016 8:16 pm

"We should," Holly agreed as she went to grab a pitcher as well, "Water would be the best for something like this. If they want something else to drink we can get it later."

They didn't really make juices (it was a waste of fruit) and coconut milk might not be to everyone's taste, and not everyone would want a hot drink, not in the middle of the day.

"Can you carry the tray of food and I'll get the glasses and pitcher of water?" she asked.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Thu Jan 28, 2016 8:31 pm

"Of course," Shiro agreed. After a moment's thought, he added, "I'll bring the food in right away, since that's what they asked for ... and Makaela sounded rather eager for it."

As much as he would have liked another minute with Holly, he wasn't going to put himself before others.

He brought the tray into the living room and set it on the table. The newcomers were still where they had been when he and Holly had left the room, but it looked as though Takari had fallen asleep with her head on her husband's lap. Cael and Lancaeriel were also still there, seated near the others, chatting with those who were still awake.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Thu Jan 28, 2016 8:40 pm

Holly followed in after him shortly thereafter, "Help yourself, we also brought water as well."

She carefully set down the stacked glasses and then the pitcher of water.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:45 pm

"Thank you," Makaela murmured gratefully, kneeling on the floor next to the table to prepare some sandwiches for herself and the others. Glancing over her shoulder, she asked, "Should we wake Takari?"

Tehlmar shook his head. "Let her sleep. She's exhausted." He looked up at the others. "I can't thank you enough for helping us like this. Complete strangers. Nothing to offer in return."

Shiro smiled. "Half our group ended up joining us in similar fashion. It's what we do."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:56 pm

Holly chuckled, "Indeed, what was the original number of people in the group when it started out?"

She had wondered that actually, with the way it was growing, this place was becoming a small town.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:13 pm

"Ten and one dragon, three Pokémon and one fluffy cat," Shiro grinned. "The first one who joined us was Amir, and it sort of went from there."

"And now?" Makaela asked, passing her son-in-law a sandwich.

Now Shiro had to think about it. "Counting the three of you ... twenty ... five ... and a whole bunch more pets. And four of the women are pregnant, again counting Takari."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:45 pm

"Which means more people before the year is out," Holly grinned, "I look forward to making baby clothes."

Because baby clothes were cute, and being small a bit quicker than making full sized clothes. Though the thing about babies was that they grew fast, so it would make sense to set sizes and then pass the clothes around since the babies weren't all going to be born at the same time.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:49 pm

Shiro chuckled, his red eyes glowing with amusement. "I wouldn't say quite that," he grinned at Holly. "Winter may be more than half over, but the new year begins in Spring here in Arda. Though I guess that with no snow here, you won't have that to use as a reference."

For that matter, if it had never snowed where Holly was here, then in ten years would she ever have known that the calendars were off by four Gaian months?

"April sixth, in Gaian terms, if that helps," he added so that she would know. "And it's probably somewhere around ... mid to late February now, maybe even March."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Thu Jan 28, 2016 11:18 pm

"Not really," Holly laughed a bit, "I haven't followed a Gaian calendar in years. I only roughly knew when the next month was because of business reasons and the fact that New Years was an excuse for a lot of fancy clothing."

So she tended to keep track of time by events and what was in season. Which wasn't that great mind you.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Thu Jan 28, 2016 11:23 pm

Shiro grinned. "If you want, I can set up a Gaian calendar on my tablet and you can use it. I mean, it may not do much good, considering we have no idea what day or even month or for that matter year it will be when we get back there, but at least it can help you while we're in this world."

"Excuse me," Makaela interrupted hesitantly, "but ... what are you talking about? This world? Gaian? Miyuki mentioned something about that too, when we first met, but ... I'm afraid that with everything that was oing on it completely slipped my mind until now ... and now I'm dreadfully curious."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sat Jan 30, 2016 12:29 am

Holly explained, "Miyuki, Shiro, Kaito and I, as well as a few others in this tent come from a completely different world, separate from this one. We call it Gaia, so we tend to refer to ourselves and things that come from that world as Gaian, regardless of our race, or culture something comes from."

There was something nice to be able to call herself and Shiro Gaian, even though she came from a different country, or wasn't exactly the same kind of neko.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sat Jan 30, 2016 3:14 pm

"Another world," Makaela repeated, her tone filled with wonder.

"And yet you know a lot more about ours than we do," Tehlmar observed with a note of curiosity in his voice. "What's that about?"

"Well," Shiro grinned, "we've been doing a lot of traveling, and we've met a lot of really interesting people-"

He was interrupted when the tent flap opened and the others began to file in: Kyrie, Jassin, Mailon, and half a dozen others. They all had blood on them, some more than others, and they all, Kyrie and Mailon included, looked exhausted.

The room went instantly silent as those in it looked at them. Some were relieved, others concerned. Makaela paled. She knew instantly where the blood was from, and was fully aware that at least some of it was bound to be her husband's. Tehlmar remained expressionless.

Kyrie noticed their presence immediately and cleared her throat. "It's done," she said simply; and without another word, she headed towards the bathing rooms to wash.

"You all right?" Shiro asked as the others continued to file into the tent.

Earendil was limping, but he stoically replied, "For the most part. No major injuries, at least."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sat Jan 30, 2016 4:36 pm

Lin was leaning against Earendil, her white wings were stained slightly with blood, but it was hard to tell if it was hers or someone else's. As it was, she looked more tired than anything else.

"Everyone is just tired," Lin added, "I think the bathing rooms are going to be full... Earendil, we do have small tubs that can be filled with water. Do you want me to get one and some towels and we can go to our room? At least then we don't have a large scrub job afterwards?"

She also hoped he could help with her wings, because she knew she was going to have to scrub it out of that if she didn't clean it soon.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sat Jan 30, 2016 4:54 pm

"I'll look through the storage rooms, but Miyuki would know better," Earendil replied.

"Does anyone need healing?" Cael asked as others filed in.

Earendil looked around to see if everyone was in already. "Andarien may need his arm looked at," he replied, "but other than that, we should be fine."

Daeron and Wren were the next ones in, and Wren had her bag with her. She stopped short when she saw the newcomers on the couch. Turning to Daeron, she murmured, "I thought you said we were going to be back before they arrived."

Daeron just shrugged. "It was the hope, anyways."

Andarien and Shoneah were the last ones in, and Andarien had one arm in a makeshift sling.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sat Jan 30, 2016 5:12 pm

"They arrived quite a while ago," Holly explained, "Miyuki has already gone to make rooms if you're looking for her. So she's probably in the residential hallway."

At least, that would be Holly's guess.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sat Jan 30, 2016 5:23 pm

"Earendil, you look like crap," Kaito said flatly. He was still sitting around from when he had first come into the room. "You and Lin go to your room and I'll look for a tub for you. All else fails, I'll find you a bucket."

He got up and headed in the other direction, towards the storage rooms. Shoneah brought Andarien to sit next to Cael, who started to examine his arm. The others scattered to various places, whether to wash or in search of loved ones.

With all the people passing through, most of the introductions had been made by the time the rooms were ready. Before Makaela and the young couple could head off to their rooms, however, Kyrie called everyone to the foyer for a conference.

When Wren and Khetal entered the room hand in hand and then sat together with Wren's head on Khetal's shoulder and his arm around her, Makaela and Tehlmar looked somewhere between startled and disgusted until they were assured that Wren was in fact a woman and not a man, despite her appearance.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sat Jan 30, 2016 7:46 pm

Despite Holly's initial discomfort with Makaela and Tehlmar's reactions, she happily told Khetal that see, her idea to make Wren look male worked very well indeed.

Though it didn't fool Mara, but honestly, Holly wasn't surprised. Women tended to be a bit more observant and there were only so many things one could chalk up to being a 'young' man.

"So," Miyuki spoke up once she was settled on a chair, "What has happened and what are we doing?"

Since it was clear she and those that traveled towards the border were out of the loop.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sat Jan 30, 2016 7:59 pm

"Exactly what I wanted to discuss," Kyrie replied, looking around at everyone. "As for what happened ... Mara and her operation will no longer be a threat to anyone, and hopefully those who are left of it will serve as a warning to others not to do what she did."

She hesitated, looking at Makaela, but the Light Elven woman looked at her bravely.

"My husband?" she asked softly.

Kyrie licked her lips slowly. "Out of respect for you," she replied, equally softly, "he did not suffer."

Takari reached over and put one hand on her mother's knee.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sat Jan 30, 2016 8:44 pm

"So... does this mean we're doubling back to where we were?" Miyuki asked.

Since they had left in a hurry, and they needed to let Killian know what had happened, since he did have the sense to stay behind.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sat Jan 30, 2016 8:58 pm

"Well, we did promise Killian we would let him know what was going on," Kyrie agreed, echoing Miyuki's thoughts without realizing it, "but that being said, we're no longer in a rush. So do we walk back or do we fly?"

"Most of us haven't seen any of the country except through a mirror, and that was only by watching Wren," Daenis pointed out. "I know I would not be able to spend much time outside anyway, but I would like to experience at least some of it."

"That being said," Wren put in, "with what we did, it would probably be safest if we didn't show our faces around here - not our real faces, anyways. When it's discovered, it's probably safest if we're far away from here."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 28 ... 40  Next