The World of Arda
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dashing Through Dolerum (119 4A)

2 posters

Page 21 of 26 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 26  Next

Go down

Dashing Through Dolerum (119 4A) - Page 21 Empty Re: Dashing Through Dolerum (119 4A)

Post by Nara-pyon Sat Feb 21, 2015 12:06 am

Once Mailon was clear of the room, Gwen looked around at everyone.

"What's going on?" she asked in a quiet voice. "And what does it have to do with the weather?"

She was confused and not quite sure what to think. In addition to everything that had happened, it had been the first time she had actually seen Kyrie being violent, though she was of course well aware - or at least thought she was - of what her sister was capable of doing.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

https://twoarda.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Dashing Through Dolerum (119 4A) - Page 21 Empty Re: Dashing Through Dolerum (119 4A)

Post by Kara Winters Sat Feb 21, 2015 10:20 pm

Miyuki glanced at Gwen thoughtfully, though judging by the smile Gwen gave, she probably would understand.

"Daenis has a Gift of creating snow, so... what had happened was when she became distressed she began to make it snow," Miyuki frowned, "And considering when the snow started to fall heavily that was for most of the day apparently....."

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sat Feb 21, 2015 10:24 pm

"Well, it was this morning that they first talked," Lancaeriel offered softly. She sighed. "But there's nothing else we can do at the moment. It all depends on what happens when Mailon talks to her now."

There was a movement at the door, and Uruloki scrambled inside and flew up to Kyrie's shoulder.

"I told them," he told her, perching comfortably. "And Wren and Khetal went there to wait out the storm."

"Thanks, Uruloki," Kyrie smiled. She stroked the dragon's head lovingly and kissed the side of his neck.

Gwen glanced at Kyrie, then looked back at Miyuki. "White Elven magic, I presume?" she guessed.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sat Feb 21, 2015 10:36 pm

Miyuki nodded at this, "Yes, it is."

Even though, sometimes Miyuki had to remember elemental magic was divided by race around here.

"Where are Wren and Khetal?"

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sat Feb 21, 2015 10:40 pm

Kyrie turned to Miyuki and smiled. "Home, with Lynliss and Leo," she explained. As she spoke, Uruloki slid down her shoulder and melded into her tattoo. "They'll be safe there."

She went silent for a moment, then added, "And Uruloki has told them that Gwen and I will be staying the night here, so I expect Wren will be doing the same there. You can share my room, Gwen."

She grinned at her sister, who beamed right back at her.

"Well then, I'd best get dinner going," Lancaeriel smiled. "It's not my turn, but I have a feeling no one else will be stepping up tonight."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sat Feb 21, 2015 10:42 pm

"I'll help, I also want to get dough started for the bread," Miyuki explained, "I'm going to be making different types for tomorrow using spices I have collected... though I should go get those first..."

The kitsune blinked before pulling out the sack of flour from her bag.

"And I brought more flour!"

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sat Feb 21, 2015 10:51 pm

"Oh, wonderful!" Lancaeriel beamed. "We were getting low. We should actually stock up on more of our supplies while we're here ... perhaps I'll do that tomorrow. I'll have Cael come with me, then we needn't monopolize Kyrie's time."

"You know I'm willing to help out," Kyrie protested, but Lancaeriel shook her head.

"This is your home, and your family," she said firmly. "You spend as much time with them as you can."

Kyrie had no response to that, so she brought Gwen to her room to get her settled in. Iorlas brought Amir to their room as well so that she could get her things put away, and pretty soon Daeron emerged from the work rooms and followed after her.

Midway through the meal preparation there came the sound of a door opening down the hallway that led to the work rooms. A moment later, Ira came trotting into the kitchen, passing through and down into the residential hall. Soft voices came from the hall, but no one appeared just yet.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sat Feb 21, 2015 11:11 pm

Miyuki had helped with the cutting and prepping with the ingredients, while things were waiting to be cooked she began to prepare the dough for the breads she wanted tomorrow. She had already planned it out, savory curry buns, sweet cinnamon buns and pastry for star anise pear tarts (which would require her pear stores as well).

During the preparations, she had also talked about runes to help with heat control of the ovens. It would be good to use less wood but it would also be good to be able to store and keep heat better. More effective and maybe if they stored heat they made it could be dispersed to be used in other ways.

Miyuki had no clue where she was going with that, but she liked to let her thoughts flow with someone who knew more than she did on the subject. She paused though in mid fold when she saw Ira come in. The kitsune tilted her head to listen for voices.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sat Feb 21, 2015 11:18 pm

Lancaeriel was intrigued by Miyuki's ideas for the ovens and she offered to give aid in any way she could, if Miyuki needed it. When Ira passed through, she, too, listened for voices, and she was quite certain she recognized who those voices belonged to.

A few seconds later, Mailon and Daenis entered the room speaking together quietly, so intent in their conversation that they didn't seem to realize they weren't the only ones in the room. Both of them were smiling, and Mailon had one arm around Daenis' waist.

Lancaeriel smiled widely. "Well," she murmured, "it seems the two of you have worked things out to your satisfaction."

Both Mailon and Daenis jumped a bit and their cheeks flushed pink when they realized that Lancaeriel and Miyuki were there.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sun Feb 22, 2015 12:16 am

Miyuki chuckled a bit, "Good to see the both of you."

She went back to kneading the dough, some of them still need to poof which can be done over night.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sun Feb 22, 2015 12:21 am

"It hasn't been that long, has it?" Daenis asked, looking up at Mailon, alarmed.

He smiled and shook his head at her. "Just this morning, in your case," he murmured. "Though I'm sure it felt much longer."

Lancaeriel smiled warmly at the both of them. "Well, it is wonderful to see the two of you back on speaking terms. It's been a while ... for both of you."

Daenis bit her lower lip shyly, her face tingeing pink. "It is ... more than speaking terms," she said softly. "We ... we would like to be married."

Lancaeriel had been helping Daenis over the past few days, been her confidante and counselor, but the quiet announcement took her quite by surprise. She stared, her eyes wide, jaw slack.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sun Feb 22, 2015 12:25 am

Miyuki too was surprised by this as she stopped what she was doing again and stared at the two.

However, there was at least one person who was not at all surprised by this. Well probably surprised by the coupling but not by how quickly.

"Oh..."
a voice said behind them, "That's nice, shall we have a wedding or would you both prefer just a simple acknowledgement?"

Lin stood there, having come out of the residential hallway. Apparently with all the snow she took a moment to nap with Earenidil and had decided to head to the kitchen to see what was happening for dinner. Being a Second, she was quite use to sudden marriages.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sun Feb 22, 2015 12:30 am

"Well ..." Mailon began slowly, looking down at Daenis; but she interrupted him, her eyes sparkling brightly.

"Mailon would prefer not to do anything special," she smiled at Lin, "but I think ... I think that with all of the people who have become like family to the both of us, I think it would be nice to have a small celebration together. Just a meal, perhaps."

Mailon looked a bit flustered at the idea, but he smiled faintly nonetheless. "It's not that I don't want to do anything special," he said quietly. "I just ... feel awkward, I suppose, being at the center of a celebration."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sun Feb 22, 2015 12:51 am

Lin nodded, "We can just have a really nice meal, maybe cake. It'll be nice, we'll make sure everyone is together."

She could understand the need to not have a huge celebration, her and Earendil didn't. Though Lin also suspected if they hadn't just up and married then it might take them a while to even plan a proper wedding. A wedding that involved her and his family had already been chaotic enough the first time.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sun Feb 22, 2015 12:59 am

Daenis smiled warmly. "That would be nice. And I know it's too late for tonight, but perhaps tomorrow?"

"Hopefully Wren will be back then, too," Lancaeriel murmured. "She is staying in the city with Kyrie's family tonight, and Gwen is here with Kyrie."

After the suddenness of their announcement that they wished to be married, the fact that they wanted it to be as soon as possible was not surprising. And really, she could say nothing about it - she and Cael had done much the same thing when they had been reunited, despite his present family being there.

"That is going to make tomorrow quite busy," came Earendil's voice from behind Lin. He had been only a moment behind her and had heard enough of the conversation to at least realize what was going on. He didn't blame the two of them for wanting to marry so quickly - if they knew they wanted to get married, what was there to make them wait? But between Miyuki's planned shows for the next day and the preparations that the celebration would require, it would mean a lot of work for everyone.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sun Feb 22, 2015 1:05 am

"I'm sure we'll manage," Miyuki replied, "I also have an order of rice flour and rice coming to the tent sometime tomorrow."

Lin blinked and chuckled, "Kaito will be happy."

So would Shiro for that matter, but Kaito was more likely to take over the menu if they let him.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sun Feb 22, 2015 11:20 pm

"Then it's settled," Lancaeriel smiled. "Good. Then if someone would be so kind as to set the table, dinner will be ready in about a half hour."

Dinner was a cheerful affair, much nicer than when Mailon and Daenis hadn't been speaking to each other. Far from being her usual quiet self, Daenis was one of the most talkative people, her eyes alight with excitement. Mailon was as quiet as usual, but there was a happy glow about him. They had to endure a bit of teasing from Kaito, but aside from that it was a nice dinner. Then it was time for bed, and everyone retired for the night.

Morning found Lancaeriel once more in the kitchen, preparing breakfast for the group while Miyuki worked on preparations for her show. Cael had promised to join them, but only after he took a shower, which was where he was at the moment. Aside from that, the others were still in their rooms, presumably asleep or just waking up.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sun Feb 22, 2015 11:37 pm

Miyuki had shoved the last of her buns and starts into the oven and was preparing to make the sticky icing that was to go on top of the cinnamon buns, which was just water and sugar mostly. She also made enough to set aside for breakfast.

She also talked about what sort of preparations would be needed for the celebration tonight.

Eron, had to follow his nose, because it had been forever since he had smelled cinnamon buns of all things and wondered who was making it.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sun Feb 22, 2015 11:40 pm

"Good morning, Eron!" Lancaeriel greeted the demon cheerfully. "Breakfast will be ready shortly, if you're hungry. And with all that's going on today, it may be best that we wake everyone early - we'll probably need all the help we can get!"

Sure, Daenis and Mailon just wanted a small celebration, but Lancaeriel thought that something as good as a marriage should at least have some kind of decoration along with a meal and cake. The problem was going to be keeping the two out of the way until things were ready.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:27 pm

Eron nodded, he had heard about the sudden wedding and wondered what he could do to help with that.

"Are those cinnamon buns?" he asked.

Miyuki chuckled as she packed away the sweets into a container that would keep them fresh and warm.

"Yes, fresh out of the oven."

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:35 pm

"It smells delightful," Lancaeriel breathed, taking a moment afterwards to inhale the aroma yet again.

At that moment, Cael entered the room from the direction of the bathrooms. His hair was still wet, but he was wearing fresh clothes and looked quite cheerful.

"Wow it smells good in here," he grinned. He came up behind his wife and pressed a kiss to her neck. "And breakfast is soon, I presume?" he murmured, slipping his arms around her stomach and placing his chin on her shoulder.

Lancaeriel giggled. "Sooner if you go wake people up. There's lots to do today so we're going to need all the help we can get. Might want to let Daenis and Mailon sleep, though."

Cael pouted, and Lancaeriel laughed shrugged the shoulder his chin was resting on, making him stand up straight again. "Go!" she giggled. "The sooner they're up, the sooner we eat."

Cael muttered something under his breath that sounded remarkably like spoilsport before heading off down the residential hallway as he had been asked.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:47 pm

Miyuki tried not to snicker as she turned back to her work of packing things away.

"Silly..."
she murmured to herself, but found it while thing cute anyways.

Eventually, more people began to filter into the kitchen. It was actually not that common that they would all be in at the same time for breakfast but this was a special day.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:08 pm

Everyone had already heard the news of the wedding, sudden as it was, so when Lancaeriel asked for volunteers to help out, she got as many as she needed.

"Miyuki," Gwen said as she came to join the kitsune. Since she wasn't really part of the group, she felt it made more sense to let them take care of the plans. "Need a hand getting ready for your big day? I'd like to help, if you need it."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:24 pm

"Yes please," Miyuki replied, "I need help getting one of the tables outside."

Their "dining" room table was actually more than one table put together because as they traveled more, the more people they seemed to collect.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:35 pm

"Sure," Gwen nodded. "The closest one, then?"

She hoped the others wouldn't need more table space than would be left for them. But Miyuki had promised that she would tell stories today, and have things out for people to sample things from outher places, and so there was no choice but to take one of the tables.

She moved to the far end of the table and shifted it carefully away from the others to get a grip on it and waited for Miyuki to be ready. She already had her footwear on, and a peek out the door earlier had shown her that it was not nearly asa cold as it had been the day before - and in fact, some of the snow had already begun to vanish.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 26 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 26  Next