The World of Arda
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dashing Through Dolerum (119 4A)

2 posters

Page 12 of 26 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 19 ... 26  Next

Go down

Dashing Through Dolerum (119 4A) - Page 12 Empty Re: Dashing Through Dolerum (119 4A)

Post by Kara Winters Sun Dec 21, 2014 11:00 pm

"I'll stay," Miyuki offered.

Besides, she was always interested in other people, and she was sure her mother would like to join her father for the night.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Dashing Through Dolerum (119 4A) - Page 12 Empty Re: Dashing Through Dolerum (119 4A)

Post by Nara-pyon Sun Dec 21, 2014 11:07 pm

"And I'll stick around at least until Cael is back," Lancaeriel smiled, rising from her seat. "You two get comfortable, I'll fetch an extra blanket from storage." She headed to the door that led to that hall, and before she went through it she called over her shoulder, "Good night, Lin."

Gwen took a seat on the couch and drew up her legs, tucking her skirt modestly around them. "I can so see how Kyrie's so fond of you all," she beamed. "You're all wonderful."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

https://twoarda.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Fri Dec 26, 2014 1:23 am

Lin gave her good nights before retreating to her and Earnedil's room for the night.

Miyuki, joined Gwen on the couch with the Pokemon taking spots on the floor, or in the case of Suki on the back of said couch.

"Thanks," Miyuki grinned, "So is Kyrie, it's been great traveling with her."

Kyrie had been an interesting person to get to know and probably the few people on this continent that understood why the group traveled as they did. Most people around here thought them a bit odd.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sat Dec 27, 2014 11:26 pm

Gwen's smile broadened. "It's wonderful to hear that," she murmured. "I know she doesn't talk about it, but she gets it pretty rough here. Aside from our family, no one accepts her, so it's rare to hear anything positive about her. How she manages to remain so ... so unspoiled by it is beyond me. Or maybe unspoiled isn't the right word, but she ... she doesn't let it get to her."

Then she frowned gently. "Then again, I'm learning that I ... don't know nearly as much about her as I thought I did. But then, having only seen her here, never anywhere else ... makes it different, I suppose."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sun Dec 28, 2014 12:04 am

"Don't forget," Miyuki reminded Gwen, "She's also married to the love of her life who understands her need to still travel. That can, at times, with a lot of time make up for a long of bad times. Besides, she knows people from many other places who don't mind her at all."

Mainly because Kyrie helped out, gained a reputation for helping people or just simply seemed to butt into other people's lives.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sun Dec 28, 2014 12:16 am

Gwen smiled softly. "Well, I've never met Ahkshi, though he does sound like a wonderful person. And I'm sure he must be, because Kyrie would never settle for anything less."

She was interrupted when Lancaeriel returned with a blanket for her, and after thanking Lancaeriel for it, she spread the blanket over herself and went on.

"I'm sure you've noticed that Kyrie's the kind of person who knows what she wants and goes for it." She chuckled softly.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sun Dec 28, 2014 12:39 am

Miyuki giggled, "She does, even if I've only seen that side of her once or twice, but she does tend to make up her mind pretty well. Though, I think by now a part of it is also she has a lot of experience. We do end up asking her for a lot of advice as we travel through different countries."

Kyrie's experience was always important, that was the main reason why she was with them. She knew the in and outs of each country very well.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sun Dec 28, 2014 12:45 am

"I can't even imagine how many places she's been to," Gwen murmured, shaking her head. "More than I could ever hope to visit, I'm certain. Even if I were to travel, there are countries I wouldn't dare attempt to enter."

"And wisely so," came a male voice from the door of the tent. Cael had returned, and with him was another man, a Dark Elf. Tall and handsome, he was dressed richly and had an air of authority about him. His eyes, however were kind, and his smile warm. He bowed his head to the women. "Forgive me for interrupting. I am Leo, magistrate of Winum, and Gwen's father."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sun Dec 28, 2014 8:45 pm

Miyuki rose from her seat and bowed back in turn, "Welcome, I hope you weren't too worried."

She assumed he had come to make sure Gwen was okay and maybe to get more information.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sun Dec 28, 2014 9:05 pm

Leo shook his head at Miyuki. "Not overly. Cael said that the men had gone."

"It would not surprise me if they were to return, Papa," Gwen said, rising from her place on the couch. "By the way, Papa, this is Miyuki and Lancaeriel." She indicated the two of them, and Lancaeriel gave a nod of her head in greeting.

Leo nodded back. "I am sorry I could not meet you earlier. Now Gwen, Cael said that the group was led by Jerome?"

Gwen rolled her eyes. "Yes."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sun Dec 28, 2014 9:27 pm

Miyuki tilted her head a bit as she watched the conversation back and forth. She didn't know much about what happened since she had gone in to get some help.

Though she did hear a bit about what Gwen had to say about Jerome.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sun Dec 28, 2014 9:41 pm

Gwen went on to explain what had taken place and named the others who had been there - none of which would have been familiar to any of the travelers of course - and Leo nodded, a look of resignation on his face.

Finally he sighed. "Well, it's about time," he muttered. Then he grew quiet, thoughtful.

Lancaeriel and Cael exchanged a glance. What was the magistrate thinking, they both wondered.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sun Dec 28, 2014 10:02 pm

"About time for what?" Miyuki asked.

It sounded like this whole thing was to be expected for some reason, and maybe it was. She wasn't familiar enough with this country to know if being threatened to leave was normal.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sun Dec 28, 2014 10:55 pm

"Jerome has been causing trouble for centuries," Gwen explained quietly as her father continued to think. "But he has never been caught actually breaking the law."

"I think what I shall do is post sentries around the area," Leo decided with a nod. "If he tries anything, we'll have witnesses. Just be sure that if it becomes physical, you aren't the ones to make the first move - that's how he usually gets away with his behaviour, he claims - unfortunately rightly so in the eyes of the law - that what he does is self-defense."

"Do you really believe that he would go so far?" Lancaeriel asked worriedly.

The magistrate nodded, a frown creasing his forehead. "Unfortunately, I do. I know Kyrie has warned you, but I would like to do so again. Do not leave this area without a Winum native accompanying you. We are a peaceful city, it is true; but where outsiders are concerned - foreigners, I suppose would be a more proper term - it can be quite unpleasant." His eyes grew sad. "I have tried to change this since Kyrie and Khetal came to live with us, but unfortunately ... it does not seem to be possible. We are a stubborn race, I am afraid."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sun Dec 28, 2014 11:21 pm

Miyuki wondered if there was any re-enforcement of the tent she should think about, though the tent was already fire resistant so...

"I know already a lot of time has passed, but sometimes it takes more time and more experiences, it's not like people travel just for the sake of traveling all that much," Miyuki admitted.

At least that's what she found while they traveled, most people traveled to live somewhere else not because they wanted to just see everything.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sun Dec 28, 2014 11:26 pm

"That is true," Leo agreed. "Yet our people were once travelers, too. Our people did not originate in this area - I have been told that in fact the Dark Elves can trace their origins back to an area far west of here. Despite this, many look down on those whom they believe are different from themselves in one way or another. Visual differences simply makes it easier for them to direct their dislike."

"Kyrie said something about you telling stories," Gwen remembered suddenly, touching Miyuki's arm lightly to get her attention again. "Is that to broaden the horizons of people you visit?"
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sun Dec 28, 2014 11:32 pm

Miyuki nodded, "Most people can't really travel, they have jobs and families and friends where they currently live. I've been lucky that my family has always traveled, at least to me since they started before I was born. So the idea of telling stories and showing illusions of the places I've seen seemed like a good fit. I've also been collecting herbs, food and a few finished goods from other places we've been traveling too. If you can't travel, sometimes the next best thing is to have someone bring it to you."

She paused a bit and added a bit more thoughtfully.

"Though Kyrie had warned me this might be a bit more difficult here, so I had worked with her and some of my family members to make fictional stories. The places are real, but the idea was to have a make up group of dark elves who saw it all instead."

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sun Dec 28, 2014 11:36 pm

Leo smiled warmly at Miyuki. "I for one like the idea," he said approvingly. "The people need to open their eyes and realize that we are not the only nation or race in this world, and that there are things out there that are different from what they are accustomed. And also, of course, that different does not necessarily mean bad."

He paused thoughtfully, and this time even Gwen could not guess what was going on in his mind.

"I wonder," he mused aloud, "if ... well, you spoke of herbs and food ... what if you were to have a display of some sort, or even offer samples of food while you tell your stories? I can't say for certain of course, but you may attract more interest that way."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Tue Dec 30, 2014 11:36 pm

"Hmm....." Miyuki thought about it.

She had always hoped to incorporate her wares into what she did, but hadn't thought about doing it so soon.

"I had hoped to someday, but never a better time than the present to try it now," she agreed.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Tue Dec 30, 2014 11:45 pm

Leo smiled again. "Then I for one look forward to experiencing all of this, when you are ready. In the meantime, it is quite late, and my family will be looking for me. Gwen, I believe Kyrie is also hoping that you will return with me. Even Jerome would not be so foolish as to try something before his time limit is up, and he did give everyone until tomorrow evening, yes?"

He looked to the others for confirmation, and Cael nodded. He had been the only other one outside when it had happened who was still in the room.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Wed Dec 31, 2014 12:05 am

Miyuki looked to Cael for that confirmation, so they still had a while yet before worrying about being attacked.

"That's good at least...." she murmured softly.

It would give time for everyone else to be caught up on what was going on. Most of the party was asleep when he came with his cronies.

"So, I guess we'll talk more about it tomorrow then?"

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Wed Dec 31, 2014 12:15 am

"Yes," the magistrate affirmed with a nod. "I will make sure that Kyrie is here first thing in the morning, and that you will have my protection as well. For tonight, rest easy. Enjoy yourselves."

"I shall try to return with Kyrie," Gwen grinned at them, "if Mother doesn't need me tomorrow, anyways."

She folded the blanket that she had been given and reached once more for her cloak. "Good night," she said cheerfully to the others.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sun Jan 04, 2015 8:31 pm

"Night!" Miyuki replied.

Once the two had left, there wasn't much else to do but go to bed. Though after such an eventful night, Miyuki did find it a bit hard to fall asleep. Mainly because she was sure this was going to mean interesting things in the morning.

It didn't help much that Miyuki was generally an early riser.

The next day, after trying to meditate for a while (and then giving up), Miyuki left her room to see who else was up. That answer was surprisingly her mother, since Lin was... well not a late riser, not an early riser like Miyuki.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sun Jan 04, 2015 8:53 pm

Earendil was up with Lin, enjoying an early morning hot drink. She had filled him in on the events of the previous evening, and though he was mildly concerned about it, his concern was about the attitude behind it, rather than actual worry that they were in any danger. He knew their group too well. They could easily take care of themselves.

Daenis was also up, playing with Ira but otherwise keeping to herself. It was the first she had come out of her room since her talk with Kyrie the night before, but she did look well rested.

Daeron and Iorlas were also at the table while Amir sat with Kaede in the playroom.

"Good morning, Miyuki," Iorlas greeted her niece warmly, the first to spot her. "Sleep well?"
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sun Jan 04, 2015 8:59 pm

"More or less, I think last night was too exciting," Miyuki replied as she trotted in with her Pokemon behind her.

"Did Gwen go home last night?" Lin asked, having not seen Miyuki or Gwen out in the living room.

Miyuki nodded, "Gwen's father, Leo, came to get her last night. He said Jerome would not do anything before the time frame he gave us, and promised to have sentries sent up tonight to watch for Jerome. Apparently it's not the first time he's done this but has always managed to get away because he claimed to have been attacked first."

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 26 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 19 ... 26  Next