The World of Arda
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Quickly Through Quir - 119 4A

2 posters

Page 2 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 14  Next

Go down

Quickly Through Quir - 119 4A - Page 2 Empty Re: Quickly Through Quir - 119 4A

Post by Kara Winters Sun Mar 22, 2015 10:24 pm

Eron glanced at Lin who was also looking up at the treetops, "Do you think we could do a bit of sky sightseeing?"

"I would really like that,"
Lin admitted.

The way the homes were set up, with the platforms and the walkways just made it perfect for taking a flight and then landing again. Flying was something they didn't get to do that often.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sun Mar 22, 2015 10:30 pm

Mirania's eyes lit up again. "Oh, definitely!" she agreed enthusiastically. "I have never seen anyone who could fly before, I'd love to see that! Just don't land in anyone else's trees, they would not take that well."

"Sweet!" Kaito exclaimed. Without waiting for anything else, he spread his wings and took to the air. Shiro was not far behind him.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

https://twoarda.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sun Mar 22, 2015 10:32 pm

"Kaito!" Lin cried out but it didn't stop her from following after the two.

Eron just sighed and shook his head before following last, as he hurried to try and catch up with them all.

"It' always Kaito who starts that," Miyuki murmured as she watched the four.

Though she imagined they were all getting a bit antsy from not flying for so long. She figured it was only natural if you had wings to want to fly.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sun Mar 22, 2015 10:37 pm

"Of course he does, it's Kaito," Earendil chuckled, watching his wife fly off with his nephews and Eron. "He's either fast asleep or bursting with energy."

Mirania and Lamruil were also watching them fly. "Incredible," Lamruil murmured in awe as they soared off. "Imagine if we could fly ... it would certainly make our work much easier."

"But the climb is the best part," Mirania giggled. "Especially the first climbs."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sun Mar 22, 2015 10:44 pm

"The first climbs?" Miyuki asked curiously.

They talked about how they were tree climbers, but it didn't quite describe what the two did for a living.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sun Mar 22, 2015 10:54 pm

Kyrie smiled at her friend. "Perhaps you should explain just what it is you do," she suggested.

Mirania grinned and nodded. "Right. I take it for granted that people understand our way of life. Well," she began, turning to the rest of the group, "the trees are our life here. Literally. Our homes, our protection, the source of much of our food. But in order for us to use them, they have to be inspected for health and strength. That's half the climber's job. Then we sketch out the tree for the architects, wait for them to plan out the home, and once that and the planks for it are ready, it's our job to set up the hoists to get the planks where they need to go, and sometimes place them and fasten them into place. It's by far the most dangerous job here in the forest, but the thrill of being so high in the air, with nothing between me and the ground except my gloves ..."

She inhaled deeply and let it out slowly. "Exhiliarating."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:06 pm

So a thrill seeker, she had something in common with Kaito. Still the idea was really neat.

"So that's how the houses get built then,"
Miyuki murmured, "That's really neat."

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:12 pm

"And fun," Mirania assured Miyuki. "My brother still bugs me about it, keeps telling me it's not a job for a woman." She rolled her eyes, then giggled again. "But I wouldn't change jobs for anything in the world."

"Unless ..." Lamruil prompted her.

Mirania laughed. "Unless it's to become a mother," she amended. "I know." She giggled again and leaned down to kiss her husband.

"Well, we might as well get the tent up," Earendil suggested, looking to Daeron and Mailon, who were typically the ones who helped with the task.

"Need anything?" Mirania asked, still grinning at them. "Food? Drink? Tools? Help?"
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:20 pm

"I don't think we'll need anything at the moment, it goes pretty quickly," Miyuki replied, thinking about it as she pulled out the tent.

The advantage of having one tent and one tent that didn't need to be that big on the outside was that it was quick putting it up. Quicker when Mailon and Dareon were doing it.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:24 pm

"Sounds like you're rather practiced with it," Mirania grinned.

"It's been a few years now that we've been living in this tent," Kyrie told her, chuckling. "And before you say anything, yes, I am fully aware that when it's up it doesn't look like much, but it is where all of us live."

Mirani looked at her curiously as the men began to set up the tent.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:29 pm

Miyuki had to chuckle at that too, "I'd recommend taking a step inside, it's much easier to understand than having it explained."

She found even if she explained it would make no sense, and it would be hard to imagine. Mainly, because it was hard for Miyuki to explain how it worked if anyone wanted to know how it was possible. Besides saying it was magic.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:40 pm

"When it's up, that is," Kyrie added quickly. Then she laughed. "And if you have any questions about what you see in there, ask Miyuki, not me. It's still mostly over my head."

Mirania's smile faded slightly and her brow furrowed as she looked from Kyrie to Miyuki and back. It was very clear that she had no idea what was going on.

"Now you have me curious," Lamruil said, putting his wittling aside. "Mirania, help me up so I can take a look as well, won't you?"

Mirania squatted next to him and pulled one of his arms over her shoulders. "Ready?" she murmured. When he nodded, she stood again, heaving him up.

Last edited by Nara-pyon on Mon Mar 23, 2015 3:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:12 am

In good time, the tent was pitched. Tall enough for an elf to only slightly duck under to get in and small enough where it was hard to imagine it could fit more than two people much less eighteen. It was elaborate full of decorations to the untrained eye though really it was many rune arrays that made the tent safe and usable.

"Welcome to our home," Miyuki told the couple wryly.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:15 am

Both Mirania and Lamruil were perplexed by the appearance of the tent, but Kyrie just chuckled and motioned for them to step inside.

"Miyuki, why don't you lead the way?" she suggested, gesturing towards the door of the tent.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:42 pm

"Sure," Miyuki replied as she grabbed her bag and led the way inside.

Her Pokemon scurried after her, avoiding her feet but trying to get inside. Except for Ai who kept a good pace beside Miyuki. Pushing the tent flap out of the way, Miyuki stepped into the kitchen, turned around and watched the others expectedly.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:50 pm

Kyrie held back the flap of the tent while Mirania helped her husband limp inside. Lamruil's jaw dropped when he saw how big the interior of the tent was, but Mirania only grinned, her eyes filled with wonder.

"Amazing," she murmured softly, craning her neck to see as much as she could of the kitchen. "Here, Lamruil, let's get you sitting." She brought him to the table and pulled out a chair for him to sit.

"Perhaps we should get Cael to look at his leg," Lancaeriel suggested thoughtfully as she followed the others inside. Behind her, the rest of the group who was still on the ground trickled in and spread out.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:58 pm

"That would be a good idea," Miyuki admitted, "Would you like something to drink?"

She offered the two, since they were guests in their home, and while it was a tent on the outside, it was their home.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:05 pm

"I'd love something," Lamruil admitted.

"And not that I'm complaining, but his leg has already been looked at," Mirania added, sitting next to her husband. "What more can be done?"

Cael leaned against the table and folded his arms across his chest. "Long story short, I heal by magic," he told her with a gentle smile. "My wife does the same, but my skill is superior."

Mirania looked at her husband thoughtfully. "What do you think?"

"Hey, if it means I can walk and climb again, I'll give it a try," Lamruil grinned. "By all means, let's do this."

Kyrie chuckled. "Continue our tour afterwards, then?"
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:07 pm

"It would be easier afterwards," Miyuki admitted, "This place has gotten quite big... and the gardens are now far more to look at than when we started."

Heck, maybe they could even make a garden just for looks if anyone was into that.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:12 pm

Mirania and Lamruil stared at Miyuki, her casual comment coming as quite a shock to both of them. They could see that it was big, to be sure, but to have gardens in here?

"Here, let's get this splint off," Cael murmured, kneeling in front of Lamruil. Lancaeriel knelt beside him and helped with the removal.

"Just how big is this tent?" Mirania asked curiously. She was still smiling, but her curiosity pulled one corner of her mouth slightly upwards, giving her smile a goofy look.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:19 pm

Miyuki blinked, thought about it, thought about it some more and then scratched the back of her head and admitted...

"I have no clue."

She really didn't, the thing was, she added rooms when they were needed, so the space was always changing in the tent. After all, she just finished expanding the kitchen, adding a sink (was still working on those stoves and ovens).

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:24 pm

Kyrie laughed. "At least a dozen bedrooms," she began, ticking it off on her fingers, "seven gardens, kitchen, dining room, sitting room, playroom, forge, woodshop, three bathing rooms ... dojo ... and I'm quite sure I'm missing something more."

She looked at Miyuki. "What am I missing, Miyuki?"
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:27 pm

Miyuki thought about it, "The lab was put in recently and so was a workroom for sewing. I think that's it..."

She was thinking more of square space, since the number of rooms did nothing to reflect how big the tent was. Some rooms were certainly larger than others.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:34 pm

"Right, the new additions," Kyrie grinned. "Got it. Anyways, it's quite large, and it grows every time we need anything, thanks to Miyuki and her skills."

"And what kind of skills are those?" Lamruil asked, wincing as Cael and Lancaeriel untied his splints and removed the wrappings around his leg. The skin underneath was dark in colour, mottled black and purple, and Cael and Lancaeriel both winced when they saw it.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:41 pm

Miyuki blushed slightly, she smiled though at the question.

"I study magic, specifically my area of study is mainly in runes with a side study in plant magic," she explained, "The tent is structured using rune arrays."

Which was a simple way of putting it because runes could do a lot.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 14  Next