The World of Arda
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Quickly Through Quir - 119 4A

2 posters

Page 3 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 8 ... 14  Next

Go down

Quickly Through Quir - 119 4A - Page 3 Empty Re: Quickly Through Quir - 119 4A

Post by Nara-pyon Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:45 pm

Lamruil gasped in surprise as Cael laid his hands on the injured leg, but as the mage began the healing process, he calmed and focused once more on Miyuki.

"I have to admit, I've not heard of anything like it before," he told her.

"Sounds dreadfully handy, though," his wife grinned, taking her husband's hands and giving them a light squeeze.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

https://twoarda.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:49 pm

"My grandmother and grandmother on my mother's side practice runes a great deal," Miyuki explained, "That's really where it started. Before, I wasn't sure what I wanted to study specifically in magic. It's like a really big puzzle."

Best of all she could kind of talk about it with Shiro and Andarien, not a lot, but certain concepts that required a science touch helped. Like the ovens, knowing how something had to retain heat or where it could gain it from was useful to her.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:54 pm

"Family business," Mirania chuckled. "Unfortunately, the same cannot be said for me. My brother Thorontur is a tanner, my other brother left us centuries ago, and our parents were both hunters, as as Thorontur's children. Being a climber is ... shall we say ... frowned upon for women."

"Not like my family was any more supportive," Lamruil put in, half smiling. "They were worried I would kill myself ... which of course I nearly did."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Tue Mar 24, 2015 12:00 am

"At least it's about your well being?" Miyuki offered, "My choice was really just my choice. Mom isn't at all interested in magic, and forgets most of the time she's capable of using magic. I have aunts and uncles in all sorts of professions."

Because that was apparently the Winters way.

"What did your other brother do?" Miyuki asked curiously.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Tue Mar 24, 2015 12:05 am

Mirania shrugged her shoulders. "Just left. He wasn't happy with life here. He was ... a lot like me, actually." She grinned, her blue eyes shining brightly. "In his words, life here was 'not nearly adventurous enough to even tempt him to remain for a moment longer than he absolutely had to.' So once our parents left for Laurëfalas, he left in the other direction." She laughed. "No one has ever figured out how Thorontur ended up so grim, he's black and white to the rest of the family!"

"Even his children aren't nearly so dour as he is," Lamruil chuckled softly.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:15 pm

MIyuki had to laugh at that, "Sounds like someone we would like traveling with."

He did sound like fun, and kind of sounded like Mirania herself with her thrill seeking ways.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:30 pm

"Oh probably, you couldn't help but love him," Mirania giggled. "And honestly, he's probably one of the best travel companions you could have. His gift is so different from most of ours, no one knows where it came from."

"What is his gift?" Kyrie asked curiously. "I know illumination and nature magic are typical for your people."

Mirania smiled. "He has the ability to create protective barriers - there's nothing that could get through them. He fell from a tree once. Cast a barrier around himself, hit the ground, and no damage. Unbelievable. Anyone else would have died, falling from that high."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:40 pm

"That is a really useful gift," Miyuki murmured.

Not having known some of her mother's old friends though, she didn't know there was someone with that particular Gift.

"I wonder if we'll run into him..."

They did have that knack after all.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:54 pm

Daeron was sitting with Iorlas in the sitting room while Amir played with Kaede in the playroom. He had only been half-listening to the conversation, paying more attention to Iorlas, but suddenly something clicked in his mind.

"Hold on a second, you said he could create barriers?" he asked, his brow furrowing curiously. "And how long ago did he leave?"

"Well, I was thirty-six, and he thirty-three ... five hundred years ago this Winter," Mirania replied with a confident nod. Then, with a grin, she added, "Caranthir was the baby of the family, and though he loved being spoiled he hated being treated like a child." She laughed.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:56 pm

"Caranthir?" Miyuki replied.

It wasn't like that name was unique, though even Miyuki wasn't ever quite sure if elves had names that were very common or not. She tilted her head to the side and looked at Mirania.

She could kind of see it actually, but really?

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:01 pm

Mirania tilted her head curiously and looked at Miyuki. "What?" she asked. "Have you heard the name?"

"Actually," Daeron chuckled, "I think we know him. Come to think of it, you remind me a lot of him - he's always smiling and laughing, too, no matter what comes his way. And you've got the same eyes ..."

Mirania's eyes brightened. "Seriously? Fantastic! Where is he? Or was he, perhaps is the better question. When did you see him? How is he?"
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:24 pm

"It's probably been....." Miyuki paused for a moment, "Four years ago... I think. He's been married for longer though..."

She wasn't so sure, her father and mother would probably know better than she would.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:38 pm

"Twelve years," Daeron laughed, pushing himself to his feet. "Well, would you look at that. Another connection! I'm really starting to think we'll never stop finding such connections as this."

"Just wait until Lin comes back," Iorlas smiled. "She will be so amused ..."

Mirania giggled. "So tell me more about him! I've not seen him centuries! Her's married, that's fantastic! What else? Children? Where is he?"
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:52 pm

"Well..." Miyuki thought, "He and Aerin, his wife have one child. I think his name is Cameron, and they all live on an island called Amon Darthir...."

She supposed she could show them a few illusions but her memories of the couple was a bit shaky. She didn't know them as well as say her mother had.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:56 pm

"And we almost forgot to mention, Daeron smiled innocently, "he is king of Amon Darthir."

Mirania laughed. "No way!" she exclaimed. "That's wonderful! Oh, I can't wait to tell Thorontur - he always said that nothing would come of Caranthir, that he was too wild in his ways!"

Lamruil chuckled. "Well, I suppose I ought to give up hope of ever meeting him, then," he smiled.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:58 pm

"Really? Him? Too wild?" Miyuki asked.

If she recalled, part of Queen Aerin's and King Caranthir's relationship was that he was always the responsible one of the two. That is, he made sure Aerin was always alright.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:15 pm

"Well, perhaps he's changed as he's grown," Mirania smiled, "but he was quite wild for our people. Even tree climbing wasn't thrilling enough for him. He was so bored here ... I admit, I can't understand why. But he wanted adventure, he wanted to see the world, meet people ..."

She trailed off, a wistful look in her eye, and for a moment she didn't speak. Then she shook her head as if to clear it and smiled again. "Now I miss him again. It's been so long."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:46 pm

"Well, I guess we need to spend more time getting to know you all so we can tell him the next time we see him," Miyuki replied with a grin.

Unless they wanted to come along, she couldn't help but think to herself.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:56 pm

"I look forward to it," Mirania grinned back at Miyuki. "How long are you all staying?"

Kyrie looked to Miyuki and the others. "Well ... Probably not long, but ... maybe a week? What do you think?"

"Hey, we just got here," Daeron chuckled. "And I'm sure once Lin hears about this, she's going to want to spend some time with Mirania, too. I'm probably the only one here who knows Caranthir better than her."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:58 pm

"Really?" Miyuki asked.

She had been but a baby when Caranthir and Aerin had gotten married, and the two had long since left Haven by the time Lin had come around with her first child.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:05 pm

"Well, we did work together for several years," Daeron pointed out. "At the ranch. You were probably too young to remember."

He paused, remembering, and then nodded. "Yeah. I mean, not that anyone really got to know him - he and Aerin spent all their time together, and neither of them shared any personal information with anyone else." He chuckled softly. "Your mother got quite frustrated with him sometimes, Miyuki. He always made it seem as though he was open for questions, but at the same time he would never answer any of them."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:50 pm

"I can't imagine mom getting frustrated at him...." Miyuki admitted.

But Lin had known Carathnir since she was a child and as a child she had to know about everyone. Lin had learned to leave things alone as she got older, but there were times the man was a bit irritating in that regard.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:57 pm

Daeron chuckled. "Your mom wasn't always as ... shall we say, self-controlled as she is now?"

"Doesn't sound like Caranthir's changed, either," Mirania giggled. "He always hid secrets from us ... especially from our parents. He didn't want them to know how badly he wanted to leave. I mean, what with them being the leaders of our people, so to speak. All three of us were supposed to continue after them, but Caranthir wanted nothing to do with it and Thorontur and I agreed that I'm not the best choice for the job."

"Thorontur thinks you're not good for too much," Lamruil muttered, obviously disagreeing with his brother-in-law.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:04 pm

Miyuki raised a brow at that, it sounded like there was a bit of tension there.

"At any rate, this is good. Mom will be happy to hear when she gets back and then if we meet your whole family we can take some stories back to Caranthir..."

Though she hoped Thorontur only sounded sour and wasn't actually a sour person to get to know.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:14 pm

"Then I'm eager for her to return," Mirania smiled.

"Done," Cael murmured, standing up. His voice was tired, and his eyes were a bit droopy, but Lamruil's leg looked much better. It was no longer blue and purple, but a healthy pink hue, and all of the rope marks were gone.

Lamruil poked at it, and his eyes widened in surprise. "Wow," he murmured. "It's as if nothing ever happened to it ..."

Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 8 ... 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum