The World of Arda
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Going through Gemia - 119 4A

2 posters

Page 16 of 18 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

Go down

Going through Gemia - 119 4A - Page 16 Empty Re: Going through Gemia - 119 4A

Post by Kara Winters Sun Jun 28, 2015 7:56 pm

Holly smiled softly, she wondered if Rose would begin to feel homesick after she left. Well, she would try her best to make sure to keep Rose busy somehow. Though, the neko thought, that might not be hard. There were many professions here that Rose could try if she ever wished.

"Go on," Holly told her friend, "Spend time with your family."

Though it was her hope to return to Gaia, Holly had decided that if Gaia had nothing for Rose, she would not return there until she knew Rose herself was settled.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sun Jun 28, 2015 8:03 pm

Rose pulled away from her father and threw her arms excitedly around Holly, hugging her tightly.

"I'll be back tonight!" she promised, just about squealing with excitement.

Iorlas giggled. "And we shall look forward to it. But you'd best be going for now - Miyuki, have you given Rose her bag yet?"

She knew Miyuki had been planning on runing a bag for Rose, but since she'd been gone for the morning, she wasn't sure if Miyuki'd had the chance to finish it.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

https://twoarda.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sun Jun 28, 2015 8:18 pm

"Oh.. yes.. just one moment," Miyuki ducked out of the room.

What she needed was in storage, they still had a lot of rune bags that could be put onto loan. This had happened after Miyuki began experimenting in runing individual pockets. Also as those around her (and her, herself) grew and learned more, more specific bags were required for work.

In a few short minutes, Miyuki came back with a bag for Rose.

"Here, this is one of ours, but if you have a bag you like and would like to use for travel. Just bring it to me and I will rune it for you to hold more," Miyuki explained to Rose.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sun Jun 28, 2015 8:22 pm

Rose accepted the bag with a wide smile. "Thanks," she grinned. "I don't have any bags, I've never needed one before."

"It's like Holly's, so it will hold anything you can put into it," Iorlas smiled at her. "Don't worry about not having space. There's no such thing as a full bag when it comes to these ones."

Rose put the bag over her shoulder. "Thank you. It's good to know."

Christine moved to stand next to her daughter and put one hand on her shoulder. "Come, let's go," she murmured.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sun Jun 28, 2015 8:26 pm

"I'll see you later," Holly told Rose, "I'll be heading back in town to maybe grab some furniture and finishing up loose ends."

She had not yet told Amelia that she would be leaving, or leaving the shop to her. It was best to do it tonight so the young woman could ask Holly any questions. The shop however, and all it's orders would continue to run, just, not Holly doing the work.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sun Jun 28, 2015 8:45 pm

The afternoon was busy for everyone. Whether it was Rose or Holly packing and preparing to leave, or Rose's family spending what time they could with her before she left, or the group of travelers preparing to leave the town behind. They hoped to leave early the next morning so that they could make some good distance before the day ended, and it meant an early night for everyone.

Rose did come in the evening to bring the bigger things that wouldn't fit in her bag: her bed, wardrobe, chest of drawers, writing desk and chair, bookcase, and a large mirror and vanity. True, some of this meant that Florence would have to do without some comforts until her parents replaced the furniture that she had shared with Rose, but that was a sacrifice they were all willing to make. There was also a large chest which Rose's parents made her promise not to open until the group was well on their way.

When morning came, Rose and her family were at the tent bright and early.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sun Jun 28, 2015 8:59 pm

Holly had to ask for help to move her furniture (she decided this was for the best as to not bother Dareon to make her new pieces). It was certainly a shock to Amelia to see strangers taking Holly's furniture, but Holly pulled her aside and treated her and the other apprentices to a meal.

She explained to them her plans, and that the contracts she held would go to Amelia. Amelia's contact with Holly would end, and instead would be the new owner of the shop. It was a shock to everyone, but Holly assured everyone that it would be fine. Amelia was (to Holly), her most talented student, and would be able to continue the shop without her.

Holly, didn't get an early night, because she spent the night explaining to Amelia exactly what was being left to the shop. The neko had always kept a portion of the profits as part of the shop to continue it's function. All of the shop wealth, the stock that was there, and all the equipment was Amelia's. Holly also recommended that Amelia move into the upstairs to make it easier as well.

It was very late at night when Holly returned to the tent (now that her bed was there). So when she came to greet Rose that morning, she did look a bit sleepy.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sun Jun 28, 2015 9:29 pm

Rose was tired, but she was more excited and so it didn't show. She had her bag on her shoulder, her crimson cloak on her back, hood up, and she was skipping along cheerfully.

Most of the traveling group was already outside, and it looked like they were getting ready to take the tent down, but they were waiting for Holly and Rose to be ready before they did so.

"Good morning!" Rose greeted Holly excitedly. She pounced on her and hugged her tightly. "It's time! We're going!" she squealed. "Oh, I could hardly sleep last night but I'm so excited I couldn't care less!"
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sun Jun 28, 2015 9:32 pm

Holly laughed at this as she hugged Rose back.

"Well, I'm sure we'll both be sleeping well after our first day traveling."

Holly knew she wasn't use to traveling long distances. It was a good thing she always prepped for the day she would leave, so she did have a good pair of hiking boots.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sun Jun 28, 2015 9:35 pm

"Oh, I'm sure we will," Rose giggled. She let go of her friend and moved to bid her farewells to her family.

"Just remember," Kyrie said, coming to join the two, "that if you find our pace too much for you, or if you need a rest, just say so. We're not on a schedule, and if you keep silent about your needs, things will only get worse for you. And if you need to stay inside for some time while the rest of us travel, that's possible too. Daenis has been staying inside quite a bit lately while we've been traveling, what with the heat and being pregnant and all."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sun Jun 28, 2015 10:06 pm

"Understood," Holly replied.

She had a feeling they might be doing that for the first few days. This really was something new to the both of them.

Now that the girls were almost ready to go, the tent was being taken down.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sun Jun 28, 2015 10:17 pm

While the tent was coming down, some of the townspeople stood at the edge of the field, watching. For Rose and Holly, they were all familiar faces, and some were more familiar than others.

"Hey!" a male voice called out. When Rose looked over, she saw Peter, Tobias and Errol heading towards the group. It was Errol who had called out, and he was leading the three towards them.

"What's going on here?" he demanded in his overbearing manner. "Why are you two carrying bags?"

"Because we're leaving, Errol," Rose replied with a smug grin. "Which means that you can no longer bother us."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sun Jun 28, 2015 10:20 pm

"Rose!" Holly scolded.

No need to rub it into the man's face, not when Peter and Tobias were perfect gentleman (well Tobias was anyways).

Holly turned to Errol, "I know this sounds sudden, but I have decided to travel to start another shop and find new clothing designs. I have asked Rose to come with me to help with this, so yes... we will be leaving town."

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sun Jun 28, 2015 10:24 pm

Peter looked surprised, but Tobias actually looked hurt.

"What do you mean, it sounds sudden?" Peter protested. "It is sudden!"

Tobias had to take a deep breath before he could speak, and even then his voice was soft. "But ... why?"

"Oh ... Tobias," Peter winced. "You never did tell her, did you?"

Rose grinned at Holly and nudged her with her elbow. "I told you he liked you," she teased her quietly.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sun Jun 28, 2015 10:33 pm

Holly gave Rose a look because she had on several occasions hoped that wasn't the case. Tobias was a good man, he deserved a good wife.

"To find a place where we fit," Holly replied, "We don't... not quite. I know it doesn't seem like it, but we don't quite fit here. Besides, this is a chance to see what's out there. Find a home."

Or go home.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sun Jun 28, 2015 10:44 pm

"You could have a home here," Peter pointed out.

"You could have a home ... with me," Tobias said quietly, his tone hopeful. Surprisingly his eyes were on Rose, not Holly.

Rose blinked. "What? Me?"

"Of course you," Peter snorted. "Tobias has been in love with you for years." He slapped his friend upside the head, and Tobias winced. "Not that he would ever say anything."

Rose was stunned. "But ... he always went out of his way to help Holly ..."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sun Jun 28, 2015 10:48 pm

Holly thought about this, seriously and all the times she had ever met Tobias.

"Considering we are almost always seen together when there the boys are around, I can see this," Holly replied finally, "And I'm your friend Rose. Helping me is like helping you."

So in all, while it was surprising, Holly could see the logic in it all.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sun Jun 28, 2015 10:57 pm

Rose wasn't quite sure what to think - aside from the fact that she was still determined to go.

"Look, Tobias," she said hesitantly, "you ... you really are a nice guy. You always have been. But I've never thought of you any other way than as a friend. A good friend, yes ... but nothing more."

Tobias' gaze fell to the ground and he shuffled his feet awkwardly. "I ... I know," he stuttered. "That's why I ... I could never ... never say ..."

"Maybe if you had," Rose murmured; and he looked up at her in surprise. She smiled at him and shrugged. "I guess we'll never know."

Errol snickered and elbowed Tobias. "Told you she'd never go for you."

Rose's temper flared, and she strode forward and slapped Errol's cheek with a resounding crack. "Grow up. You're worse than a child!"
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:27 pm

Holly pinched the bridge of her nose, not that she could blame Rose.

"I would normally never say this, as it's improper and unladylike but since I never intend on coming back I will," Holly added to Errol sternly, "Men like you is the reason why I am leaving. You have nothing but improper Errol. You do not keep your hands to yourself, you treat women as if they were a prize to be won and you do not respect no for an answer."

With that she stepped forward and put her hand on Tobias' arm.

"Don't listen to Errol, in truth, Rose didn't know you were trying to her attention, because she thought you were trying for mine," Holly admitted.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:41 pm

Errol seemed completely unabashed by Holly's tirade, but Tobias' face was a bright, bright red by this point, and he looked as though he wanted to either cry or melt into the ground.

"I'm sorry," he murmured. "If I weren't such a coward, I could have prevented a lot of what Errol did."

"You did a fine job of standing up to him yesterday," Jassin spoke up. He smiled proudly. "I have to say, I was rather impressed with you."

Tobias' face grew even redder. Rose stepped forward to stand next to Holly, in front of Tobias. "I'm sorry," she murmured, clasping her hands in front of her. "If I'd known ..." She chewed her lip thoughtfully, then put one hand on Tobias' arm. "If there had been anyone here I could have settled down with, it probably would have been you." She smiled sadly. "But I can't stay now. I'm going with Holly. You'll find someone else to spend your life with, I'm sure."

"Unless he wants to come with, too," Kaito grinned, his golden eyes gleaming mischievously.

Shiro smacked him upside the head.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:45 pm

"Kaito...." Lin sighed, "A bit more tact please?"

Clearly this was a common thing for Kaito (and by extension Shiro). Though Holly wondered how serious Kaito was with that suggestion. She wasn't really sure how to feel about that.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:50 pm

"What?" Kaito asked in Japanese, rubbing his head. "He loves her, she won't stay - if he comes they can at least see what might happen."

"And if nothing, then he's far from home with nothing at all," Shiro pointed out, also in Japanese. "You can't just blurt things out like that, especially in a situation like this. All you're doing is mocking the situation. Remember that most people can't just pick up and leave without warning or preparations."

Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:04 am

"And you're not taking Holly into consideration neither," Lin added softly, "It's one thing when it's Rose she's telling, but no one else knows but us that she's a neko."

Holly tilted her head a bit and looked to Miyuki. She could tell it was Japanese, but that was it. The neko didn't know the language.

Miyuki shook her head, "They're just scolding Kaito, he tends to speak before thinking sometimes."

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:08 am

"So why not ask her?" Kaito pointed out. "I mean, if he stood up for Jassin yesterday like he said, then he probably doesn't mind different races, right? And it's not like she's the one he likes, so he doesn't have to worry about loving someone of a different race."

"That might have been an option yesterday, but we are getting ready to leave," Kyrie said flatly. "It is what it is."

Mirania was surprised. "I've never known you not to give love a chance, Kyrie ..."

"With so many people watching, we can't have the conversation anyways," Kyrie shrugged. "What else can we do?"

"Send 'em packing!" Kaito beamed. "Let the three of them work out what they want to do!"

Shiro just held his head with his hands and thanked the deities that were that they hadn't yet given Holly and Rose any dragon's blood.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:13 am

While Holly couldn't understand, she could understand Shiro's motions and she understood that most nekos were very straight forward people. It wasn't even a cultural thing, most nekos were straight forward to a fault unless they were raised to be otherwise.

"Kaito said something straight forward and highly impractical didn't he?" she asked Shiro.

Since this conversation was more for Rose and Tobias, she could put her focus elsewhere.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 18 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17, 18  Next