The World of Arda
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Easing Through Eaulir - 119 4A

2 posters

Page 21 of 32 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 26 ... 32  Next

Go down

Easing Through Eaulir - 119 4A - Page 21 Empty Re: Easing Through Eaulir - 119 4A

Post by Nara-pyon Sat Sep 26, 2015 11:51 pm

Andarien blinked. "I like Shoneah," he said, almost defensively, as if he were afraid they might accuse him of not liking her. "I like it that she's here with us. I'm sad that she had to leave her family behind so suddenly, but I like that she's here with us."

He grinned. "She says maybe when we get the forge redone and we can use the littinum, if we can use it well enough we might make a set of swords for her like I got from Amon Darthir. Kaito's already been teaching her how to use them and she says they're really neat, and she'd like it if we could maybe train together - I think I might like that too, and maybe I would learn a bit more then ..."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

https://twoarda.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Easing Through Eaulir - 119 4A - Page 21 Empty Re: Easing Through Eaulir - 119 4A

Post by Kara Winters Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:00 pm

Miyuki would admit that would be very helpful. Though between Andarien's use of a pistol and the fact he would be interested in learning more if Shoneah learned, her brother was becoming far more knowledgeable in defending himself.

"We know that you like Shoneah," Eron replied with a chuckle, "But we also think you more than just like her."

And honestly, Eron thought that Shoneah felt the same but the problem was Andarien wasn't the brightest bulb when it came to his own emotions.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:06 pm

Andarien blinked in surprise and stared for a moment, and then his brow creased slightly.

"What do you mean, more than like her?" he asked suspiciously. "I mean, I guess you could say love, like how I love Eon and Zeus and Nana and Ada and Mi ... but that's like ... really, really like them. Like family kinda like."

He was far from a master of words, but he was doing his best with what he was given. Shoneah was like family to him.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:09 pm

Miyuki looked helplessly at Eron because this really was out of her depth. Her little brother was so innocent it was kind of sad.

Eron chuckled a bit, taking it down a level, "We were thinking more like the way your parents love each other. There is more than one kind of love."

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:11 pm

Andarien stared. And frowned. And stared. And rubbed his nose. And stared some more. One could almost see the wheels of his head turning and changing direction and finally coming to a halt.

"You think?" he asked finally, looking totally lost. "Why?"
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Tue Sep 29, 2015 12:02 am

Did her brother really want them to list the ways he clearly liked Shoneah far more than someone who was family?

"There are times when we talk about Shoneah going home, you sometimes become sick... and I don't think you were really getting sick, but rather mistaking it for being upset or uncomfortable with the idea of her leaving, or rather her not being around," Eron replied.

Miyuki added, "You show a lot more worry for her, and we've been in a lot of dangerous situations in the past, but you've been worried about her to the point where you want to be with her even when it's not possible. It's not to say you think about anyone any less, but it's like what ada would do with mom, even though mom is just as good at looking after herself."

She sort of saw her parents equal in fighting ability, so she figured that was just because that's what happened when you really loved someone.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Tue Sep 29, 2015 12:06 am

Andarien thought about what they were telling him, and he thought good and hard about it. He didn't know how much sense it all made, but he could at least see their logic.

He swallowed hard. "But ... if that's true ... then wouldn't I want to do more with her?" he pointed out. "I mean ... it's not like we're always together ... and when we're together, we're working ... wouldn't I want to do more if I love her like you say?"
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Tue Sep 29, 2015 12:12 am

"Ada and mom love each other, and they're not always together," Miyuki replied, "I mean.. they do seem to be together a lot but that's because they're married, and they do work that tends to overlap with each other."

Which was true, with their mother now writing about their journey, often she would be with Earendil to go over things and the map. Also, unknown to Miyuki, Lin never imagined herself to be a writer.

Eron chuckled a bit, "And it doesn't help your parents live in close quarters with all of us traveling. My parents, while very much in love didn't spend all their time together, but they did meet through their work and so often spent a lot time together working. They didn't spend a time outside of work until they figured out they would like to be more than co-workers. But they always have their own lives, my mother would go out and spend time with friends without my father and my father might go off into the garden by himself. To love doesn't mean to spend more time, it just means to feel more strongly than you would for other people you love like family rather than well.. a beloved."

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Tue Sep 29, 2015 12:15 am

Andarien looked at them doubtfully. "But what about that other stuff, like hugging and kissing and stuff?" he asked. "Wouldn't I want to do that?"

He clearly wasn't thinking of the many times when he hugged Shoneah to comfort her when she was homesick or when they were celebrating something - a finished project, a successful design, whatever it might be.

But then he remembered when she had kissed him, after he'd given her the dragon music box he'd made for her, and a light blush rose in his cheeks.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Tue Sep 29, 2015 12:21 am

"You already hug her a lot," Eron pointed out.

He, having seen more than Miyuki in that regard.

"And kissing is a different form of intimacy that not everyone who loves each other does right away, and there are different kinds of kisses that I'm not getting into right now."

Eron didn't want to get into that minefield.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Tue Sep 29, 2015 12:29 am

"Yeah, but-"

Andarien cut himself off. He had been about to protest that he hugged others as well, but he had realized even as he spoke that it had been a long time since he had either given or received a hug from anyone else, even his parents.

A helpless expression came over his face, and he slumped back in his chair. "It doesn't matter anyways," he sighed under his breath. "She's gonna go back to her family as soon as she can. That's all she wants." Pain filled his eyes, but he added stoically, "And I just want her to be happy."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:45 pm

Miyuki tilted her head at Eron wondering if she should tell him and Eron sort of shook his head since their thoughts on Shoneah's feelings were just observations and she was even less clear than Andarien. Which was saying something.

"Still, it wouldn't hurt to tell her," Eron replied softly, "And at least you know now. We were worried that you would be heartbroken without knowing why. You both tend to not... acknowledge your feelings as much as you should."

Though Shoneah had a very different reason for keeping herself under wraps.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:50 pm

Andarien frowned, now more confused than ever. "What?" he asked blankly. "Both of us?"

What did that mean?

"And why tell her? She's just going home anyways, and then she'll just feel bad, probably," he pointed out. "Wouldn't it be better just to ... not?"
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:46 pm

If Miyuki knew (or remembered) her parents' history she would have used that, but she didn't and so Miyuki had to fall back on what Shoneah had told her.

"Because Shoneah admitted if she did love someone, that would take priority over going home," Miyuki replied, "And it is worth a chance to just see. I mean, Mom was born in Gaia, and she lives here."

And she was sure if it was the other way around, their father would have gone to live in Gaia, it's just their parents need to explore made it better suited for them to live in this world.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:52 pm

Andarien thought about it some more. That was something he had never considered before - that she might be willing to stay. Why would he? She had always been so focused on returning home ... But love wasn't enough to make someone stay with someone, was it? Otherwise, wouldn't Sy have wanted to come with the group when they left Suncliff?

Things were so confusing.

"But ..." Andarien hesitated. "Is love ... is love enough? Nana was born in Gaia, yeah, and she stays here, but ... that's because she and Ada are married, right? But ... how do you know if you love someone enough to marry them? And ... and what's the difference if you love someone but you're not married, or if you love someone and you are? And what does it even mean to be married?"
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Wed Sep 30, 2015 5:55 pm

The last question made Eron want to run to the hills (proverbially speaking), because marriage involved a lot of things he didn't want to get into at the moment.

"Mom wouldn't have married Ada if she didn't love him," Miyuki paused in amended, "I mean, yes there are races that don't marry for love, like most other White Elves that live in the North, but in Mom and Ada's families they marry only if they love a person."

She scratched her cheek as she struggled to find a good answer to the second question. After all, Kyrie and her husband proved that you didn't need to be together all the time to get married.

"As to be married, it's... I guess is more of an acknowledgement in society that they are together and will become a family. After all, before getting married, you're not family, but you are after you get married."

That was probably the easiest way of putting it.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Wed Sep 30, 2015 6:06 pm

Andarien wasn't sure he understood. Did being married make you a family, or did it mean you would become a family? Miyuki had said both, and he didn't understand the difference.

For once, though, he didn't let his confusion frustrate him and turn him off - this was something he wanted to understand no matter how difficult it was.

"I guess," he said at last, "it might be easier to ask ... what would it mean for her and me. Like ... if I love her ... and if I talk to her ... and if maybe she loves me, too, even if she probably doesn't but if maybe she does ... then does that mean we get married? And then what?"
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Wed Sep 30, 2015 6:12 pm

Eron coughed, "You only get married, if you both feel you're ready to start a family of your own. This family can be just the two of you, or it can mean children in the future. You do not need to get married right away, not everyone does depending on cultural traditions surrounding marriage."

"I'd recommend waiting on the marriage until after you both sort out your feelings," Miyuki cautioned, "And if you still are thinking of marriage, then ask Ada and Mom, because... Eron and I are both single. And honestly for all my knowledge in marriage customs, I actually don't know what our families customs are besides the Angel customs."

For that matter, despite not being Angels, would they follow that custom? It wouldn't be hard seeing as they could have metal feathers made (and Andarien is more than capable of making his own), but it did pose a curious question to her.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Wed Sep 30, 2015 6:16 pm

Andarien nodded seriously. "So lots of talks," he repeated. "But mostly Shoneah first, right? To see how she feels and if she even loves me because if she doesn't then the rest won't happen anyways ... and then if she does then talk to Nana and Ada and see what they say? About marriage customs?"

He paused, his brow furrowing slightly. "But ... shouldn't I talk to Shoneah, then? About her customs? Because she might have customs different than ours, and ... if she's part of it, shouldn't it be something she would know, too?"
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Wed Sep 30, 2015 6:21 pm

"It's best to talk to her about customs as well," Eron agreed, "All cultures have their own customs and they may differ depending, but one thing at a time. But talking it out first would be the best, marriage, or any relationship involves taking openly about subjects that will affect you both."

Meanwhile, Eron had a feeling he was going to have to recommend to Andarien's family that they give him the talk.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Wed Sep 30, 2015 6:31 pm

Andarien nodded again. "Okay. I think I got it."

He fell silent once more as he thought again about everything they'd spoken to him about. He still wondered what it meant that he loved Shoneah, and how the others had seen it, and how he should act around her, but at least he had a few days to think about it before she came back.

"You don't think she went off with Jassin and Lashrael to get away from me, did she?" he asked with a frown. He didn't know where the thought had come from, but it didn't bode well for him. He didn't think that was the case, but it had come to his mind, and he still had little ability to control his fears.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:56 pm

Miyuki shook her head, "I think she just wanted to spend time with others for a few days that' all."

And maybe think, she admitted it would be hard to think while they were both in the same area since they worked so closely to each other.

"It'll give you a few days to think as well, and for us to put the forge room back together in a way that can actually work with that metal."

Assuming nothing new had to be made Miyuki hoped it would only take a few days.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:04 pm

Andarien brightened up at that, both at Miyuki's thought that Shoneah just wanted to spend time with others, and the reminder that he was going to be getting a new forge room - he hoped.

"Yeah!" he exclaimed, grinning. "That's right! Thanks for reminding me!"

He took a pocket watch from his vest pocket and looked at it, then bit his lower lip thoughtfully. "It's way too early to contact Neko," he murmured. "Maybe I'll go out with Ponydash today."

Smiling at Miyuki and Eron again, he returned his watch to his pocket and stood up. "Thanks, guys," he said softly, sounding perhaps more grown up than he ever had before. "I'm glad you came to talk to me. I know I'm stupid sometimes, but I think I feel better now than I would if I didn't realize what was going on."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Wed Sep 30, 2015 11:32 pm

"You're welcome, we're just glad that we were of help," Eron replied.

Getting up from their seats, Miyuki grinned.

"Have fun with your ride, I'm sure Ponydash will love the run."

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Wed Sep 30, 2015 11:55 pm

Andarien did spend the rest of the afternoon outside with Ponydash and his other Pokemon, and they all enjoyed their time together.

That evening, it was Daenis who prepared dinner, since Wren (for some reason) could not be found and Lancaeriel was busy. It was a special request by Shiro (not that anyone but Daenis knew it), and one that she was easily able to make: a fish meal which included fish salad, grilled fish, sushi, filleted fish, and breaded fish. There was also chopped fruit to go with it, but it was clear that fish was the main dish.

"It seems a bit empty in here," Kaito quipped as they sat down for the meal. He looked around. "Missing quite a few, it seems. Lashrael, Jassin ... Wren ..."

"Shoneah," Andarien added with a hint of a sad smile.

"And Khetal," Kyrie added with an amused grin. "I have a feeling I know where Wren and Khetal are. I'll be right back - go ahead without us." She left the table and headed down the hallway towards the lab and gardens.

"The others are gone for a few days," Andarien explained to everyone else. "But they'll be okay, don't worry."

Shiro chuckled softly. "About those three, I wouldn't worry," he grinned. Looking around, he was pleased to see that Daenis had remembered to place the fish salad closest to Holly's place. At the same time he noticed Kaito reaching for it, and kicked his twin under the table. Kaito winced and glared, but at a look from Shiro, he didn't say anything.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 32 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 26 ... 32  Next