The World of Arda
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Easing Through Eaulir - 119 4A

2 posters

Page 30 of 32 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31, 32  Next

Go down

Easing Through Eaulir - 119 4A - Page 30 Empty Re: Easing Through Eaulir - 119 4A

Post by Kara Winters Sat Oct 31, 2015 10:26 pm

Holly blinked before showing Killian the door to the dining room. The door that marked the dining room made no sense in terms of the size of the kitchen and where the door in the dining room was located. The door, was really a mini portal that led to the dining room space.

But since Killian didn't enter through the kitchen, he would never know, anyone else would be horribly confused.

Miyuki was already there, helping set the table. She had already come back in and cleaned up before helping with dinner. It was nice to do something that had nothing to do with runes.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Easing Through Eaulir - 119 4A - Page 30 Empty Re: Easing Through Eaulir - 119 4A

Post by Nara-pyon Sat Oct 31, 2015 10:52 pm

With so many places to set, Miyuki wasn't the only one setting the table. Mirania and Wren were also helping with putting dishes out, while Daenis, Mailon, Lashrael and Jassin were bringing the food from the kitchen. Lancaeriel and Cael were just entering from the kitchen as well, though without anything in their hands. They were all so used to people coming and going that no one paid particular attention to Holly and Killian's arrival.

"This place is amazing," Killian murmured, looking around, his eyes filled with awe. "Andarien and Silverbirch tried to tell me what it was like, but ... they were not close to expressing just how amazing it is - or how many beautiful ladies live here."

For once, he didn't sound like he was flirting when he said that last bit, but rather sincere.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

https://twoarda.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sun Nov 01, 2015 12:11 am

The despite the fact it was sincere, it didn't help at all Holly's current opinion of him. She was too use to men who were overly flirtatious or went after women. Despite the fact it would be odd, since Holly was no longer use to people openly courting those not of their race.

"It's always hard to explain this tent in a way that's understandable," Holly admitted.

Miyuki looked up from her place setting, noticing the extra person.

"We have a dinner guest," Miyuki half asked and half stated, "I'll go get another plate."

Clearly this was more common than it should be.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sun Nov 01, 2015 12:25 am

"So it seems," Lancaeriel mused, looking at the man thoughtfully. "Hello and welcome."

Killian nodded a greeting to her, but his eyes were moving constantly, taking in the various races and appearances of the people who were coming into the room. He was, quite possibly, speechless.

"Go ahead and sit, anywhere is good," Cael encouraged him with a chuckle. "It's a bit overwhelming at first, but you'll get used to it pretty quickly, I'm sure."

Amir ran into the room just ahead of his parents, and around him were Kaede, Zeus, Eon and Xipil, who had spent the day with the boy rather than with their own masters.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sun Nov 01, 2015 12:33 am

Ai, Suki, Yasu and Ryo also came in, though it was clear that Suki and Ryo had also spent the day with Amir. As the little boy suited their high energy needs. Miyuki thought it was adorable as she went to get an extra plate setting.

That was the other advantage of the dining room, there was an actual space for the Pokemon (and Senka) to eat as well, because having them near or under the table was asking for trouble.

"There's a lot of us," Holly explained, "And this isn't even everyone..."

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sun Nov 01, 2015 12:38 am

Even as Holly explained, Lamruil, Earendil, Lin and Rose all filed in. Shiro and Kaito were not far behind, and shortly behind them were Andarien and Shoneah.

"How many of you are there?" Killian asked in disbelief.

"Actually, there should be just ... one more of us, I believe," Lancaeriel said thoughtfully, looking around. "No, two."

Eron and Kyrie. And there was no telling when Kyrie would show up. She didn't exactly follow a schedule like most of the others.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sun Nov 01, 2015 12:54 am

Just at that moment Eron came rushing in, it was clear he nearly forgot dinner.

"Sorry, got caught up in the lab," he explained to his fellow travellers.

This wasn't a surprise, the only reason why he noticed was that he noticed he was alone in the lab. Otherwise he might have forgotten completely.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sun Nov 01, 2015 12:02 pm

"No worries, you're not the last," Cael assured Eron with a smile. "Kyrie's still not here."

"I wouldn't wait for her," Khetal cautioned Cael. "There's no telling when she might come back."

People began taking their places around the table, and Killian sat down in the seat closest to him. He seemed a bit speechless as he looked around at everyone, trying to figure out what races they were - in some cases, successfully, and in others, not so successfully.

"You look a bit lost," Earendil grinned, sitting beside Killian. "Hi. I'm Earendil Aldrich, and this," he gestured towards Lin, "is my wife, Lin."

Killian stared at Earendil, then at Lin, and then he put one fist to his chest and bowed his head slightly in greeting. "Killian," he introduced himself simply. "And Lin, I am sorry but I have to ask - what race are you?"
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sun Nov 01, 2015 3:02 pm

"That's okay," Lin assured Killian, "I'm an Angel."

At least he asked, so she didn't mind at all.

"What brings you here? Or maybe, the question is, who did you run into today?" she asked with good humour.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sun Nov 01, 2015 3:07 pm

Killian recognized the humour, and he smiled. "Another young man also calling himself by the name of Aldrich - Andarien, I believe," he replied. "And his girlfriend with the absolutely unpronounceable name." After a pause, he added, "Relations of yours, I presume?"

"Our son," Earendil chuckled. "And don't worry about not being able to pronounce Silverbirch's name, most of us can't, either. And perhaps I should warn you - a lot of people mistake her for Andarien's girlfriend, but as yet that's not actually the case."

One ocean-blue eyebrow arched high. "Oh?" Killian asked questioningly. "But the young lady assured me of this herself."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sun Nov 01, 2015 6:02 pm

"Really?" Lin was surprised at this because the last she checked the two were trying to figure themselves out.

Though she could see Miyuki smiling (and trying not to smile) out of the corner of her eye. Eron, seemed to also be trying to not pay attention. Ah... she figured those two must know what is going on, so it wasn't unexpected.

"We weren't aware," Lin admitted with a smile.

Because she was happy for the two.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sun Nov 01, 2015 6:11 pm

Earendil watched as Andarien and Shoneah made their way towards him and Lin to sit down.

"It may be time for a talk," he murmured with a soft smile.

Killian shrugged. "It didn't seem like they were trying to keep it a secret," was all he could offer as Andarien held a chair out for Shoneah before taking a seat himself between her and Lin.

"Hi, Nana," Andarien grinned at Lin. Then, to Earendil, he added, "Hi, Ada." And, past Earendil, "Hi again, Killian. So you found the dining room okay."

"Well, it wasn't hard with Holly leading me," Killian admitted. "And remind me again, what's your girlfriend's name?"

"Shoneah."

"Shoo ... Shao ..." He looked at Shoneah. "Can I just call you Shawn?"

She glared at him. "No."

"Shia?"

"No!"

"You're doing that on purpose, Killian," Andarien frowned at him. "Stop it."

With a chuckle, Killian leaned back in his chair again.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sun Nov 01, 2015 11:41 pm

Holly, who was watching the exchange rolled her eyes.

"There were better ways to get your point across," she told him from where she sat next to Rose.

Miyuki didn't know if she should be amused or a bit peeved at the way the guest was bugging her brother and Sliverbirch.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sun Nov 01, 2015 11:46 pm

"Ah, but you assume I'm trying to make a point," Killian grinned at Holly.

"Best behaviour," Shoneah reminded their guest, leaning forward to speak across Andarien, Lin and Earendil.

He just grinned at her again. Then he looked around at everyone. "So you all know who I am now," he said, "but I have yet to be introduced to most of you. Who are you all? And what races are you? Some, I recognize, some, I can guess, but others of you are beyond any description I've ever heard. Which," he added, his blue-green eyes twinkling brightly, "is just fantastic!"
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:29 pm

It was hard not to smile, he just seemed so eager.

"Well... how about we go around the table then," Lin chuckled, "I've been already introduced... so... she glanced over to her left.

And let each person in the room introduce themselves, and where it was needed their race.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:05 pm

For most, the introductions had become old hat, and they introduced themselves, their race, and how they might be related to anyone who might have already been introduced. It took a while, with how many people there were now, and by the time they got through with everyone, Kyrie still wasn't back.

Unlike Chelan and Atl, who had been a bit wary of the group, and incredulous that they could travel together in peace, Killian was pleased beyond measure with everything he learned about the group.

"It's nice to be around people who are different," he said sincerely to anyone who would listen. "Don't get me wrong, life under the ocean is well enough, I suppose. But I've always wanted to do more, something more exciting. Go places, see things. Meet people. Experience the world. My family thinks I'm crazy, but I guess I ought to expect that."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:43 pm

It was a huge difference from Chelan and Atl, especially after dealing with Chelan.

"Is it unusual to want to see things outside of the ocean?" Lin asked, "We've only met other water elves from here, twice."

And they were from the same family, so it wasn't saying much.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:51 pm

"It is, for our people," Killian nodded. "It's something that's ... well, pounded in to us, from the moment we're able to understand speech. When we're kids, our parents are always going on about how excited we should be, how eager, to be able to breathe under the water so that we can go 'home'. As if living on land for our first five or seven years doesn't make the land our first home." He shrugged. "Our education is all done with the message that the water is where we're meant to be, and how privileged we are not to share it with anyone else, because it saves us from warring with other nations. No worries about intrusion, invasion, none of that. No need to" -he scowled- "dirty ourselves by mingling with other races. All ridiculous nonsense."

He shrugged. "For as far back as I can remember, I remember wondering ... what's so great about the ocean? About the water? What's wrong with living on land? With getting to know other people? With learning from them? Doing things they do? Sure, war sucks - life is precious. But aside from that, what's the harm?"

He paused, then, curiously, asked Lin, "Who was it who you met?"
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:54 pm

"Chelan and Atl, and their family... ah... Atl's son I believe has not yet gained the ability to breath under water so Atl and his family lives on land. I'm not sure if Chelan lives on land or in the water...."

She wasn't sure if it was common for families to visit each other while one was stuck on land, or if perhaps Chelan had family of his own on land.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:59 pm

Killian scowled again and leaned back in his chair. "Chelan," he said contemptuously. "I should have known. Atl's a decent guy, but Chelan's got issues. Yeah, he lives in the water. Not too far from my parents, actually. And I don't know of anyone who's more against living on land than he is. Oh, he's been good and prejudiced, I can tell you. He's one who would have everyone live under the water, even the children, if a way could be found."

He eyed Lin thoughtfully. "When did you meet him? He never mentioned anything about foreigners staying here, and Andarien and Shawn told me you've been here since the beginning of the season."

Andarien and Shoneah, thankfully, weren't paying much attention to the conversation, as they seemed rather engrossed in one of their own.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Tue Nov 03, 2015 11:11 pm

Miyuki was quiet and thoughtful, because she had noticed things about Chelan that had bothered her. Mainly because he seemed too quick to judge, or at times a bit insensitive when she had been showing the rooms.

Lin raised a brow at Sliverbirch's name and glanced over, but it seemed the two weren't paying attention so she left it.

"We met actually on our third day in. Atl came to visit us first, and then the second time brought his family and Chelan. They had lunch with us, and then took a small tour of the tent."

"It's interesting he never mentioned," Holly commented softly, "But it might explain why we've been left alone for the rest of our stay."

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Tue Nov 03, 2015 11:21 pm

"Too right," Killian frowned. "I know of a few others who might have been interested in meeting you all. Maybe not quite as keen as me, but still ... not everyone's stuck on staying underwater."

"We had wondered," Earendil murmured thoughtfully. "Usually we see a number of locals within a short time. To have been here half a season, and you're only the fourth ... well, fifth, if you include Teslin ..."

Killian grinned. "You want company? I'll bring you company."

Lancaeriel laughed. "Don't overwhelm us!" she giggled at him. "How many are you thinking?"

Killian just shrugged and grinned, his eyes twinkling mischievously.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Wed Nov 04, 2015 10:22 pm

"Is that a secret or are you planning something?" Holly asked.

He seemed to be quite the mischievous spirit she found.

So she was curious.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Wed Nov 04, 2015 10:31 pm

"I leave that to your imagination," Killian winked at her.

From the foyer came sounds of hurried footsteps, and a moment later, Kyrie appeared in the doorway, a serious and upset expression on her face.

"Sorry I'm late," she began, "I-"

She cut herself off, spotting Killian suddenly. "Ah - a guest," she said, clearly surprised by his presence.

Killian seemed as surprised to see her as she was to see him: not as if he knew her, but simply the suddenness of her appearance, and, likely, her scars.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Wed Nov 04, 2015 10:59 pm

Lin wondered if whatever upset Kyrie was private and also wondered if they might have to travel sooner than expected.

Instead of bringing it up (because it might be private) she introduced their guest.

"This is Killian, he ran into Sliverbirch and Andarien, so they invited him to dinner. Killian, this is Kyrie, she has been our guide for our trip through these lands."

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 32 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31, 32  Next