The World of Arda
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Time To Heal - Makshim, Shiezin 119 4A

2 posters

Page 22 of 34 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 28 ... 34  Next

Go down

A Time To Heal - Makshim, Shiezin 119 4A - Page 22 Empty Re: A Time To Heal - Makshim, Shiezin 119 4A

Post by Kara Winters Sun Sep 11, 2016 11:39 pm

Miyuki's eyes lit up, "How are they doing?"

As she asked this, she tried to count in her head how old her childhood friend would be. It had been a long while since she had seen him.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

A Time To Heal - Makshim, Shiezin 119 4A - Page 22 Empty Re: A Time To Heal - Makshim, Shiezin 119 4A

Post by Nara-pyon Sun Sep 11, 2016 11:45 pm

"They're all doing well," Kyrie grinned. "And it seems they've come to Caras Galadhon to stay. Not their parents, their parents are still sailing, but they are staying. Now to see if I can remember their names ..."

She pursed her lips as she thought hard.

"Leyenda ... and ... Kelirahc? Still just the two children ... they were there when we left ... but Leyenda's brother ... I hadn't met him back then, so I don't think he was there ... he and his wife are there as well, and they have two girls ... Alyarra and Elen."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

https://twoarda.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sun Sep 11, 2016 11:47 pm

"There are going to be a lot of new people when we get back," Lin chuckled, "But the same could be said about us as well..."

So it was all fair, especially if everyone at least came back to Caras Galadhon.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sun Sep 11, 2016 11:50 pm

At Lin's comment, just about everyone laughed - especially those who had been with the group longer.

"They'll probably find it quite amazing that we found so many other Gaians while we were here," Shiro chuckled. "Galanna would be interested, too, I'm sure, to meet them all."

He turned to Holly. "Galanna is our cousin Aranxia's sister-in-law, a human from ... I'm not sure where. She's been bed-ridden for years, so she's done a lot of reading, and from reading between the lines she figured out that there are other worlds out there beyond Arda. When she learned that we were from another world, she just said something along the lines of 'I knew it'."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:00 am

"I should be surprised that there are actual written works that suggest there are other worlds, but considering there are three of us who have fallen through tears and at different times, I'm not," Eron murmured thoughtfully, "It would be interesting to read those works."

Holly nodded in agreement at this, "It would be, especially since Galanna said she read between the lines right Shiro? So it wasn't anything out right stated. That could mean a lot of things."

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:02 am

"And you three are far from the only ones who have fallen through," Shiro pointed out. "Our great-grandfather - well, Lin's grandfather - fell through from Gaia into here, and Kaito's and my mother fell through the other way - from the Four Lands into Gaia!"

Three ... Kyrie mouthed the word to herself and counted around the room: Eron, Shoneah, Holly.

She looked sharply at Hikaru, her eyes narrowed questioningly.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:19 am

Crap.... Hikaru blinked and his eyes widen when he realized what he forgotten. He was supposed to do that wasn't he? He wondered if it was too late to make a break for it (it was).

It didn't stop him from wondering if he could back out of his plans now, because it wasn't like he needed to travel. So his lifestyle wasn't ideal, but it had been a pretty good life so far. For someone who was a constant nomad.

"I wonder though if that means there should be more examples in the Four Lands," Lin commented softly.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:27 am

Kyrie sighed and rubbed her temples when she saw Hikaru's reaction to the look she gave him.

"K-Kyrie?" Ahkshi said worriedly. "Are you all r-r-right?"

Kyrie looked at him. "Just thought this would have been dealt with before I came back, is all," she told him quietly.

Daenis had seen the way Kyrie had looked at Huron, and she had also seen her repeat the number that seemed to have struck her as odd. Her mind raced through the possible connections. Was it possible that Huron was from Gaia?

She looked at him thoughtfully.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:34 am

If Hikaru was in his true form, his ears would have drooped, because Kyrie was clearly not happy with him. Not that he could blame her. He quite hoped she wouldn't say anything in public, and everyone else seemed to be busy with the news or talking about the world tears.

Though he did feel like he was being studied, but he resisted the urge to look around.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:14 pm

Ahkshi had to admit to himself that he had thought Hikaru would have told the others about himself by now as well, though after hearing about how his apology to Cael had gone, he did understand, at least a bit.

Kyrie was annoyed, though she kept it to herself. She was planning on talking to him, though, later on.

As the topics of conversation took on lives of their own, the group dispersed, a few people at a time. Before Hikaru could disappear, however, Kyrie made her way over to him.

"So, Huron," she smiled at him, though it didn't quite reach her eyes. "How was this past week? Everything go all right?"

In other words, How did it go when you told them? And since clearly, he hadn't, she was looking for an explanation of why he hadn't.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:30 pm

"If I said I forgot will you not look like you're about to pounce on me?" Hikaru asked Kyrie plainly.

Because when she smiled like that (not a true smile) he did have a bit of reason to worry.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:48 pm

Kyrie lowered her head and sighed, and when she looked up at him again, she was smiling - a real smile, albeit slightly bemused.

"But at least you've not been having more troubles with anyone?" she asked hopefully.

She hoped that the others had learned from Cael and Kaito's example earlier and not tried to say anything behind Hikaru's back again.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:42 pm

"Not at all," Hikaru assured her, "Though I have been spending a lot of time with Eron and in the lab. It's been a long time since I had place to do plant extractions. I use to do it, but that requires a stillroom or a lab and not moving every few weeks."

Another reason why he should stick around, it was just he was having so much trouble with this whole thing. He didn't know why, there were fellow Gaians around.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:46 pm

"It is convenient," Kyrie agreed. "Though on that note ... when are you planning to tell everyone? About yourself, I mean. It's only right, what with them essentially having taken you in."

Food, shelter - even his own room. And if he was planning on sticking around, he doubly owed it to them all. She was not going to let him get out of it.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Mon Sep 12, 2016 11:21 pm

"Yea... I know," Hikaru sighed, "You would think this would be easier, but I will admit to being a bit... nervous."

He couldn't quite pinpoint the reason why, but he knew full well if Kyrie wasn't here he would have maybe quietly dodged out of his original plans.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Mon Sep 12, 2016 11:23 pm

Kyrie winced. "If this is because of Cael, I'm either going to kick him or you," she told him. "I thought you'd worked things out with him."

And if things had been going so well for him all week, was there still a problem?
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Mon Sep 12, 2016 11:34 pm

"I did! He was a bit angry after the fact, but rightly so," Hikaru waved his arms a bit, "I mean there's no logic in what I did. Even though mild fear and anxiety was involved..."

Well, it wasn't mild, but Hikaru was going to say it was mild and stick to that.

"And, frankly how do you explain the logic in that feeling when you're a Gaian among other Gaians? It makes it even worse doesn't it? Not that this makes it any better, but there were times I'd rather hit the road again than face everyone."

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Tue Sep 13, 2016 12:07 am

Kyrie face-palmed and groaned inwardly.

"Hikaru ... honestly, the longer you wait, the more confused they'll be as to why you didn't say something earlier," she pointed out to him. She sighed. "Look, I understand, sort of, why you're anxious. You didn't have a good first reaction. But the longer you put it off, the harder it's going to end up being for you."

She looked at him seriously. "If you don't tell them by the end of the week, I will. With you present. And I will not let you run away from this. You can't spend your whole life running, it will only get you so far. And if you do leave, surely you must realize that I could track you down ..."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Tue Sep 13, 2016 11:08 pm

Hikaru chuckled, "It's been a long time since anyone threatened to track me down."

He took a bit of pride in knowing to how to disappear. It was tempting to see if Kyrie really could track him down actually.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Tue Sep 13, 2016 11:14 pm

Kyrie wasn't impressed with his response. It seemed to her that he wasn't taking her seriously, and she was very serious.

"Look at it this way," she told him. "Do you want to spend the rest of your life hiding who and what you are and live in fear? Or do you want to be able to be yourself - your true self - with people who won't judge you, who might even understand you, and who are even in a situation similar to yours?"

She paused a moment to let him think about that.

"You have a unique opportunity here," she said quietly. "A chance that will probably never come up again in your lifetime. Can you spend the rest of your life without anyone you can trust?"
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Tue Sep 13, 2016 11:46 pm

And they both knew the rest of his life was a long one, kitsunes were equally as immortal as any elf.

"And what happens when they go back?" Hikaru asked quietly in turn, "I can't go back, I'm so out of touch, too much time has passed. I've been here for at least three centuries."

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Tue Sep 13, 2016 11:50 pm

"Ask Shiro about that, there's some time difference between the worlds that makes time pass more quickly here," Kyrie replied, hoping that she was passing on some good news. "Something like twenty years here is only one year there. So if you've been here three centuries, you've only actually missed maybe ... I don't know, fifteen, twenty years back home. Maybe my numbers are off, it might be closer to thirty. I don't know. But that's not so bad, is it?"

She looked at him tenderly. "Hikaru, I'm talking to you as a friend. Whether you go back or not, you deserve a chance to be happy. To be free. They're going to be here a good long while yet. None of us knows what the future might bring. But to give up before you even give it a chance ... how could you even consider that?"
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:54 pm

"I know... I know...." Hikaru murmured as he wiped his face with his hand in thought, "It seemed like an easy idea at first, I don't know why I suddenly find it so hard. I always thought I had adjusted pretty well over the past few centuries..."

But that clearly was not the case considering the amount of issues he was having.

"I'll try, but I'm not sure where to start."

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:57 pm

Kyrie put one hand on his shoulder. "Then why not let me tell them for you?" she asked him softly. "With you present. We can ask Ahkshi to be present, too. You don't have to do this on your own, you know."

She would help him in any way that she could, but he had to tell the group the truth. That was something she was convinced of.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Wed Sep 14, 2016 9:12 pm

Hikaru opened his mouth, closed it and then took a deep breath. He might as well get it over with, otherwise he just might spend the rest of his life invisible instead.

"Alright," he finally replied with a sigh, "I don't think it'll get done if I had to do it myself."

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 34 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 28 ... 34  Next