The World of Arda
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Time To Heal - Makshim, Shiezin 119 4A

2 posters

Page 21 of 34 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 27 ... 34  Next

Go down

A Time To Heal - Makshim, Shiezin 119 4A - Page 21 Empty Re: A Time To Heal - Makshim, Shiezin 119 4A

Post by Nara-pyon Sun Sep 11, 2016 1:08 am

"Actually, you're the one I was looking for," Jassin replied softly, keeping his voice down so that Shiro could continue his nap.

One of Shiro's ears flicked, but aside from that, he remained motionless.

Jassin smiled and held up the two bags. "I just wanted to let you know that we've got quite a number of furs for you. Foxes, wolves, weasels, a couple of rabbits ... they've been prepared, for the most part, they just need to be soaked and softened again and then they'll be ready for you."

He paused then, and took another look at Shiro.

"Does he always nap in the afternoons?" he asked Holly curiously.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

https://twoarda.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

A Time To Heal - Makshim, Shiezin 119 4A - Page 21 Empty Re: A Time To Heal - Makshim, Shiezin 119 4A

Post by Kara Winters Sun Sep 11, 2016 3:19 pm

"No," Holly sounded a bit miffed, "He took the tome into his room last night because of a theory he found, which was a bad idea. So he didn't sleep much last night, normally Shiro doesn't take afternoon naps, Kaito is more likely to though."

Even though she would admit to working herself hard lately with the winter clothes, she really needed to make them both take a time out and do something.

"At any rate, the rabbit skins will be perfect, it's been a while since I've prepared rabbit, but I recall their furs being very soft, they would make good booties for the children if they have to outside."

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sun Sep 11, 2016 3:37 pm

"Very soft," Jassin agreed with a chuckle. "But don't work yourself too hard. Winter is over, Stirring has begun, and I'm told that it should soon be growing warmer. And if it is going to be another year before we move on again, I'm told we won't need the very warm clothes for a few more seasons. As for Lashrael and myself, we found that as long as we kept moving, our regular clothes are enough for the moment, so there's no rush for us."

He moved to leave, but before he did, he turned once more to Holly and added, "And now that we are in a town, we can get material to make better clothes all around."

They didn't want to use all of Holly's stock, after all.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sun Sep 11, 2016 3:44 pm

Holly nodded, "And a year is long enough to take on a commission or two."

If anyone would take her up on it, she didn't need many. If someone took her up on one of her complicated designs a commission or two would pay well for enough basic materials to make basic things. Even if she had to go out and buy material first for that commission.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sun Sep 11, 2016 3:53 pm

Jassin smiled. "Then you also will be kept busy while we are here. I'm going to go wash up now. I'll let you know when the furs are ready for your use."

He bowed his head and, with one last smile, left to do just that.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sun Sep 11, 2016 9:30 pm

By the time Kyrie would get back, 'Huron' started to become a regular in the lab as he was teaching Eron about plant extractions. Specifically they were working on willow bark that Hikaru had gathered from somewhere else.

"Provided you can use the same preservation method you use on food, it is a much more exact than telling someone to chew on the stuff or drink it as a tea. Not to mention willow bark tea is disgusting," Hikaru explained to Eron.

"But elves are lighter than the average Gaian who doesn't have wings, and those who have wings tend to be a bit lighter but not as light as elves," Eron pointed out, "Doesn't that make calculation difficult?"

"There's a calculation formula for elves, that I got off of Akhshi, I just never had to use it because I don't get to deal with pure exactions like these," Hikaru admitted, "The only pure thing I ever get to deal with is pure activated charcoal, but you can buy that off of someone else who makes it for a living. It's hilarious though when they give you weird looks when you tell them you're going to make them into tablets."

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sun Sep 11, 2016 9:40 pm

The only others in the lab that morning were Khetal and Wren, as Shiro was taking Holly's advice (or following her orders, depending on how one looked at it) to take a much-needed break. The couple was working on creating some medicines from things they'd harvested from the gardens (and some they'd found in the region as well) when Kaito poked his head into the lab.

"Hey, everyone," he called, "Kyrie's back and she's asking for everyone to gather in the foyer so she can talk to us all."

As quickly as he had poked his head in, he was gone again.

Khetal straightened and leaned back, arching his back to stretch it. "It's about time to take a break anyways," he murmured, though there was a smile on his face that showed how relieved he was that his sister had returned safely.

Wren smiled and brushed some dirt from his cheek. "I must admit, though, I am curious as to why she's calling us all together rather than simply sending a message," she commented. She looked to Eron and Huron, who were in Eron's area. "Any ideas, you two?"
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sun Sep 11, 2016 9:43 pm

Hikaru, who had forgotten he was supposed to be telling people he wasn't an elf (and maybe having second thoughts), shook his head.

"I hope nothing else came up," he murmured as he got up and stretched.

He had forgotten how tedious plant exaction could be.

Eron began to quickly put things away, and checked what they were working on to make sure it wouldn't be damaged while they were gone.

"All I know is that it'll probably be interesting," the former chemistry teacher chuckled.

Because it was always interesting when Kyrie was involved.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sun Sep 11, 2016 9:51 pm

"Probably a report on how the patients settled in," Khetal guessed, though he added with a frown, "Though for the life of me I can't think of why she wouldn't just send the message, like Wren said."

"Unless it's more complicated than, 'Everything went fine,'" Wren pointed out.

Khetal looked at what was on his table and used a knife to separate some of the piles. "This should do it. Come."

After wiping his hands on his pants, he took Wren by the arm and started to lead her out of the lab.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sun Sep 11, 2016 9:55 pm

Eron and Hikaru followed Khetal out of the lab to the lobby.

By the time they got there, Miyuki, Lin, and Holly were already there. All looking just as confused as the others were about why Kyrie was calling a meeting.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sun Sep 11, 2016 10:02 pm

Kyrie and Ahkshi were both in the foyer already, and the two of them were sitting together on a couch. It was a scene none among the group had ever witnessed before: while Ahkshi was sitting more or less regularly, Kyrie was curled up next to him, her legs tucked close, her head in her husband's lap. Her eyes were open, and she looked alert, but there was a contentment, and a vulnerability, to her that none of them - even Khetal, her own brother - had ever seen in her before.

"So you do enjoy coming back home, no matter how short a time you've been gone," Khetal laughed when he saw the way his sister was lying.

She just grinned at him. "Always."

The four of them were among the last to arrive; only Tehlmar and Takari were after them, and Takari looked sleepy, as though she had been woken from a nap (which she had been). Thanks to Miyuki's changes to the tent, the foyer was more than big enough for all of them, and Daeron had made sure there was enough furniture as well; but as big as the room was, it was still quite full.

There were quite a number of them by now, after all.

"So what's this all about?" Kaito asked, the most curious (and blunt) of them all.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sun Sep 11, 2016 10:04 pm

Miyuki giggled at Kaito's question, it was so Kaito to do that.

"A bit of patience...the others just got here," Miyuki told him.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sun Sep 11, 2016 10:15 pm

"Yeah, but they're here!" he protested. "So-"

"Kaito," Kyrie laughed, "she has a point. I also need to gather my thoughts."

Kaito deflated, shrinking back into the chair he was sitting on and looking suddenly very small and rather sullen.

Still chuckling, Kyrie pushed herself into a sitting position and made herself comfortable once more, leaning against her husband's side (or snuggling, really), her feet drawn up onto the couch next to herself.

"I thought this would be easier than tracking everyone down," she explained, looking around, "and since there's lots of news for various people, this way I only have to say it once and not worry about others forgetting things."

Looking back at Kaito, she grinned and winked at him. "Good enough reason to call everyone together?" she teased him.

Kaito's face grew red, and he drew his wings over his face to hide.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sun Sep 11, 2016 10:49 pm

Holly smiled a bit, but did her best not to giggle. Poor Kaito, he always spoke before he thought and that tended to get him into trouble.

"But you do have us curious," Lin laughed good naturally, "Whenever you call all of us together, often the news is a big."

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sun Sep 11, 2016 10:56 pm

"It doesn't happen that often, does it?" Kyrie laughed.

"I think the last time it happened was when we needed to rescue those people in Poleria," Earendil pointed out. "And before that, it was the situation in Keliac ..."

Kyrie laughed again and raised her hands defensively. "All right, all right. But this time, only good news - I promise!"

She looked around at everyone. "So. First, the patients. It took a bit of doing, but they have settled together - not in one house, but in one town, just a little north of the city of Caras Galadhon - and seem to intend to stay together from now on and help each other out. It seems they bonded quite strongly in their time together here."

Of course, in Poleria, they had all been in separate cells, guarded and forbidden to speak to one another; but having been kept in the same room for nearly two weeks, and all of them having the bond of going through the same thing together, they had grown into quite the tight-knit group.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sun Sep 11, 2016 10:58 pm

"That's good to know," Holly was relieved upon hearing this.

It also meant they wouldn't be alone which helped.

Hikaru couldn't help but agree, it also meant they would have people to help with any emotional needs as well.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sun Sep 11, 2016 11:02 pm

"The community we found was also quite willing to house them until their own houses could be made," Kyrie added with a smile, "and to feed them until they either found work or could grow their own food. So they're going to be well taken care of. And despite most of them never having heard of Caras Galadhon before, or a place where those of mixed blood are accepted, they are all very happy to be there."

"If only everywhere were so friendly," Khetal said dryly.

Wren poked him in the ribs, making him gasp in surprise.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sun Sep 11, 2016 11:05 pm

"To be fair, Caras Galadhon is a land whose identity was created by those fleeing hostile places or looking for acceptance," Hikaru pointed out to Khetal, "They have a history, and a connection to the patients as a result."

So it wasn't really fair to compare that country to others, even if it would be nice if other countries was a bit nicer.

"Not that it makes traveling any easier at times," Hikaru added.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sun Sep 11, 2016 11:08 pm

"True," Kyrie sympathized with Hikaru. "And I think each and every one of us has experienced that, in one way or another."

"But what other news do you bring?" Shiro asked, also curious by now, but more polite than his twin. "You said that was only the first bit."

"Well, the rest pertains more to those with relatives there, or at least friends," Kyrie admitted. "But like I said, it was easier to do this than try to track everyone down and give different news."

Ahkshi chuckled at his wife.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sun Sep 11, 2016 11:11 pm

"Ah...." Lin understood what Kyrie met, "Are there babies involved?"

Because it had been a long while since they left, and she wouldn't be surprised if babies were involved. They had left after two weddings while they were there.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sun Sep 11, 2016 11:24 pm

"Some," Kyrie beamed. "Your ... niece? Aranxia. Has a son. And it seems that Firstborn and Secondborn interracial children can inherit Gifts and magic, so that was interesting. His name is Aereandir. And it seems that she is expecting again."

Earendil was astonished. "We've been gone from there that long already ... it doesn't feel like it!"

Andarien grinned at Shoneah. "That's my cousin," he confided to her.

She giggled at him.

"There's more," Kyrie spoke up again. "Luk and Lily - that's our niece, Lily, Khetal," she added, grinning at her brother.

Khetal chuckled and nodded.

"Anyways, they also have a son, Vaartan, and are expecting another," Kyrie grinned.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sun Sep 11, 2016 11:26 pm

Miyuki grinned at that news, "It'll be great when we see them again."

There would be so much catching up to do.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sun Sep 11, 2016 11:32 pm

Kyrie laughed. "And I'm just getting started!"

"Oh?" Shiro leaned forward, smiling eagerly. Even Kaito wasn't hiding anymore, but leaning forward in his seat.

"Luk's niece, River - she's your cousin too, right?" Kyrie asked, looking around at the Four Landers.

Wren beamed. "Is she still there?"

"Back, not still," Kyrie laughed. "Actually, she and the rest of her family went back home, and now she is back with her husband's family - they all moved there to stay, his parents, siblings, grandparents - and she now has a daughter, Kaera, who was born during the Enderi, so only one season old. And she is cute!"
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sun Sep 11, 2016 11:34 pm

Lin chuckled, "Well that was unexpected, but still good to hear all the same."

She wished pictures like in Gaia were a thing, it would be wonderful to at least see them. Well, it gave them more reason to make sure they stayed in Caras Galadhon a while when they got back.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sun Sep 11, 2016 11:38 pm

"And there's more," Kyrie laughed.

"It's possible for there to be more?" Wren giggled.

Kyrie winked. "Always. It's been a few years, after all. You have a few other cousins, too ... some that married some black-skinned elves?" She didn't know the term for their race, clearly, but nevertheless her description made it easy to identify who she was talking about.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 34 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 27 ... 34  Next