The World of Arda
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Time To Heal - Makshim, Shiezin 119 4A

2 posters

Page 24 of 34 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 29 ... 34  Next

Go down

A Time To Heal - Makshim, Shiezin 119 4A - Page 24 Empty Re: A Time To Heal - Makshim, Shiezin 119 4A

Post by Kara Winters Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:32 pm

Hikaru wasn't really surprised that Cael was approaching him and whatever anxiety there was he was trying his best to stamp down.

"Yea, sure," Hikaru nodded with a small smile.

He did his best not to fidget, and honestly it was weird not going back as Huron.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

A Time To Heal - Makshim, Shiezin 119 4A - Page 24 Empty Re: A Time To Heal - Makshim, Shiezin 119 4A

Post by Nara-pyon Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:37 pm

Cael was also fidgety. He put his hands in his pockets, then pulled them out and clasped them together, then put them back in his pockets.

"I just wanted to apologize," he said softly. "I ... I can't even imagine what it must have been like for you, these past three centuries, having to hide your identity. I've seen ... at least an aspect of how cruel our world can be to those who are different - even those who are only slightly different, not even as different as you are. I'm sorry I acted the way that I did. It must have made things very difficult for you."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

https://twoarda.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:54 pm

Hikaru took a deep breath and smiled. All the while thinking he had to learn to stop working himself up like that.

"Accepted, and honestly I do understand. I don't think I ever noticed until recently how I'm always just a bit on survival mode. Hopefully, I'll learn to relax a bit more in the coming months."

Because while he was immortal, he wasn't sure if this was good for his heart.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:55 pm

Cael smiled and also relaxed. He wasn't used to needing to make apologies, because he usually didn't make himself out to be such a jerk.

"Well, if ever I do or say anything that's out of line, just put me straight," he grinned at Hikaru, glad that he was a forgiving sort of person. "Sound good?"
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sat Sep 17, 2016 3:43 pm

"Sounds good," Hikaru agreed with a smile.

Deciding that was a good way to end the night, the two parted ways to get some sleep.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sat Sep 17, 2016 4:00 pm

When everyone gathered for breakfast the next morning, people came, as usual, at different times, but Andarien - who, for once, was among the first to show up for the morning meal - had something he wanted to talk to everyone about, so he requested that even when they finished, they wait around for everyone to be gathered together.

It was an odd request, especially coming from him, but there was an air about him that no one had the heart to refuse his request.

Kaito of course was the last of the group to meander inside, and when he saw everyone else, his eyes widened in surprise.

"Wow ... this is rare," he commented. "What's going on?"
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sat Sep 17, 2016 4:02 pm

Lin chuckled at Kaito, it wasn't a surprise he was the last one to get here.

"Andarien has asked us all to gather together, so we have," she nodded over to the counter, "There's still food left though."

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sat Sep 17, 2016 4:08 pm

Kaito grinned and headed straight for the food, though he was still curious.

"Perhaps now that everyone's here," Earendil suggested, turning to face his son, "he'll tell us what's going on."

Andarien grinned widely, his violet eyes twinkling. "Well ... me and Shoneah were kind of hoping you all could help us," he began. "See, we wanna get married-"

He was interrupted by a burst of applause and congratulations, and he blushed furiously and grinned at Shoneah, who was smiling just as widely at him.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sat Sep 17, 2016 4:31 pm

Once the applause and congratulations had died down, it was Lin who asked.

"Okay, now that we have that out of our system, what do you need our help with?"

She was pretty sure it was more than just a party.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sat Sep 17, 2016 4:36 pm

Andarien was still blushing brightly (though Shoneah didn't look embarrassed by the attention, just happy all around), and he had to clear his throat before he could go on again.

"Well, seeing as neither of us are really a part of a single culture anymore," he continued, "and seeing as all of you are our friends ... and like our family, even if you're not all really part of our family ... we thought maybe we would ask all of you for ideas on maybe what would be ... um ..."

"On what we might do as a combination of our cultures," Shoneah picked up for Andarien, who seemed to have run out of words. "It would be so easy to just say 'we're married' and be done with it, or we could do a simple dinner - which, though nice, is perhaps a bit less than what we would like ... so we thought if we could perhaps combine elements of the various cultures around us, it would be a bit more fun. More memorable."

Andarien nodded.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sat Sep 17, 2016 6:15 pm

"Oh! That's a wonderful idea," Lin murmured, "That would make things very interesting."

Though the question was, what type of traditions would the two be interested in.

"I guess we would all have to think about it," Holly added, "Different wedding traditions..."

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sat Sep 17, 2016 6:33 pm

"Well, it's not like we have to know right away," Andarien grinned. "Maybe in a day or two or something."

"And it anyone sees Kyrie or Ahkshi before we do," Shoneah added, "perhaps they might mention it to them as well? I don't know when they're planning on coming back here again, and, well, you all know how busy Andarien and I can keep ourselves."

Most days, the only time they ever saw anyone else at all was at meals.

"Are you thinking just of a ceremony?" Jassin asked curiously. "Or vows, or celebration ..."

"All of it," Andarien nodded. "So the more we know, the more we can pick from, and we'll just pick what we like the best and go with that."

"Or adjust it to suit us," Shoneah added with a grin. "And once we know what we'd like to do, we'll see how much time would be needed to prepare for it, and then plan a date from there."

Rose giggled. "It's a good thing we're going to be here for a while, then," she winked. "We don't have much else to worry about in the meantime."

At least, they would have more time to prepare, rather than spending hours every day traveling.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sun Sep 18, 2016 11:26 pm

Holly nodded, "And it'll give us time to prepare as well, whatever is decided."

"I can't remember when was the last time I went to a wedding," Hikaru admitted absently.

And when he was young(er) he never paid attention to that sort of thing. He was still single when he came to this world.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sun Sep 18, 2016 11:35 pm

"Well, whatever you can remember, we appreciate it," Andarien assured Hikaru.

"At any rate, we don't want to keep everyone here longer than necessary," Shoneah smiled, "but we'll be sticking around the tent for a few days, probably either in the forge room or our rooms, so if you wouldn't mind stopping in and talking with us at some point, it would be great."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sun Sep 18, 2016 11:42 pm

Holly giggled, "We'll do that then."

She sounded thrilled at the idea, but that was probably because she was thinking of clothes again.

Lin nodded, while she and Earendil simply did a proposal, they both had been to quite a few weddings to see a few traditions.

As people started to go their own way, after the announcement and breakfast, Hikaru remembered one of the ideas he for him to do while he traveled. He would need to talk to both Miyuki and Lancaerial though so he set out to grab both of them before they could leave.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sun Sep 18, 2016 11:48 pm

Lancaeriel was all set to go off with Cael when everyone started to leave the dining room, but when she saw the way Hikaru was looking at her, she paused, waiting for him.

"Good morning, Hikaru," she greeted him warmly. "Can I help you with something?"

Cael hovered behind her, curious to know what the kitsune wanted with his wife.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sun Sep 18, 2016 11:59 pm

"Well, I was hoping to help with something," Hikaru replied.

He caught sight of Miyuki as she was about to leave and called her over.

He waved her over, "Miyuki, just a moment!"

"Hmm?" the red-head kitsune blinked, wondering what was going on.

Meandering over to the trio, she looked between everyone curiously.

"What's going on?" Miyuki finally inquired once she was in proper talking distance.

Hikaru explained, "Actually I had talked with Lancaeriel over a week ago about what you were learning. She had mentioned you know quite a bit about short term illusions, but had yet to learn long lasting ones."

He didn't mention, Lancaeriel was also becoming increasingly busy.

"I can't help with plant magic, it's not my specialty and I actually don't know anything about it, but if it's okay with you and Lancaeriel, would you be interested in me helping you with illusions instead?"

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Mon Sep 19, 2016 12:04 am

Lancaeriel was surprised, but pleased with the suggestion.

"By all means, if Miyuki agrees," she smiled warmly. "I must admit, it's been a while since we've managed to really get any lessons in. I don't know if we've really had a good lesson since Cael and I were reunited."

"Sorry?" Cael apologized, though he was grinning. "Actually, I'm glad you suggested it. Now Lan can stop beating herself up for not working more than she already does."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:23 pm

"Hmmm... overworking seems to be a common theme..." Hikaru commented.

He had heard about how much Miyuki worked, and he knew that her brother was the same way. So was Shiro now that he thought about it.

Miyuki was surprised by the offer, but she was eager at the same time. She would love to be able to help out in the illusion department, more than just telling stories.

"I would like that very much actually," Miyuki smiled widely, "Thank you!"

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:28 pm

"Just don't add it on top of everything else," Lancaeriel teased Miyuki, her pale eyes sparkling with laughter. "As Hikaru said, overworking ourselves is a common theme."

Cael opened his mouth to speak, closed it, and then, sheepishly, said, "I was about to say that I was going to stop at least the two of us from working too much, but I guess that now that we've stopped and can earn some coin to buy some cattle, we'd best get on that room for a farm."

Which was essentially what it was going to be.

"We'll see you two around," he added, smiling at Miyuki and Hikaru.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:31 pm

"You're going to get cattle?" Hikaru asked Miyuki.

Miyuki chuckled and pointed out, "We go through a lot of milk otherwise."

This was true, so Hikaru couldn't argue with that, with that out of the way the two began to discuss what lesson plans would look like.

Once that conversation was done, Hikaru went to seek out Holly about modifying his clothes. He was well aware that she was probably quite overworked, and didn't want to request anything new. However, he did need all of his clothes modified so he could wear them as a kitsune.

Holly, was in the lab with Shiro, though she was working on something else, while making sure Shiro didn't overwork himself with whatever he was working on.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:44 pm

Shiro was in the process of programming a new app, similar to others he had created before, and he was leaning forward over his tablet, his eyes fixed on a black screen with glowing green script. His fingers were flying as fast as the tablet could handle, though thanks to his on-screen touch keyboard, his work was completely silent.

Next to him was Lancaeriel's tome, though at the moment it was closed. He was so intent on his work that he didn't even notice Hikaru's arrival.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sun Sep 25, 2016 12:58 am

Holly though, had noticed Hikaru's arrival. Though it helped that she was facing the door and she always took a few moments to look up from her work.

"Hey... Hikaru," Holly called out to him.

She had to pause in saying his name in order to get use to not calling him Huron.

"Eron isn't here at the moment..." she told him, thinking that, that was who Hikaru was looking over.

Hikaru shook his head, "It's fine, I was actually looking for you."

"Oh?" Holly had to admit to being a bit surprised about that.

"I was wondering if you would be able to modify my clothing, the set I'm wearing now is the only one that is meant for my tails. Everything else is meant for a person without tails..."

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sun Sep 25, 2016 10:40 pm

"Considering how long you've been disguising yourself," Shiro commented without prying his eyes from his screen, "I'm actually surprised you have even one."

He paused then and blinked, then turned to Hikaru and asked, his tone very curious, "Are there even any places you felt safe enough to be yourself?"
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:58 pm

"Ah..." Hikaru paused as if to try to think about that.

He supposed wherever that one family lived, but he didn't know where they settled to, and he never actively sought them out so...

"No," the kitsune finally replied, "I use a type of illusion that renders me invisible. In fox form I can travel a very large distance, so I used that when I wasn't expecting to run into anyone."

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 34 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 29 ... 34  Next