The World of Arda
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Quickly Through Quir - 119 4A

2 posters

Page 14 of 14 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14

Go down

Quickly Through Quir - 119 4A - Page 14 Empty Re: Quickly Through Quir - 119 4A

Post by Kara Winters Mon May 11, 2015 10:13 pm

"Not really..." Miyuki admitted, "I have enough plant samples that some of it can be grown in the garden, and without a market there's not much else for me to do. I think I've pestered Raina about everything from food to clothing, which turned out to also be kind of vague in some areas."

It was kind of nice though, not wanting a lot and having all one needed, but it was really hard to get feel for everything.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Mon May 11, 2015 10:17 pm

Kyrie smiled. "Then perhaps we can talk to Lancaeriel about the possibility of creating a tree home for Mirania and Lamruil if they do choose to come with us," she suggested. "Perhaps you could use it as a learning experience, too ... I know that you are working on learning about plants."

It as just a suggestion, something that had just popped into her head, but she felt confident in sharing her thoughts with Miyuki.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

https://twoarda.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Mon May 11, 2015 10:29 pm

"You know that's a good idea, if nothing else it would be a lot of fun," Miyuki replied.

Her idea of fun was a bit different than other people's. The kitsune grinned at this as they went on their way.

Sure though by the afternoon, she was talking to Lanceriael about the concept of growing a large tree. Especially for the garden, since it would have a huge root system, and would get to be pretty tall. There was also the issue of the amount of energy that would take, especially since you were speed growing something that would take hundreds or thousands of years. How would you do that without killing it by accident?

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Mon May 11, 2015 10:41 pm

Lancaeriel was in the process of explaining that it was all about taking things easy: rushing growth of something as large as these trees would leave them frail. They could easily get it started, but in order for it to grow strong they would have to let it go for the next few days.

"Hello!" a voice called as the door to the antechamber opened. Mirania stepped inside and grinned when she saw the two mages. "Oh good, you are here!" she beamed. "Kyrie said you probably would be!"

She jogged towards them, slowing a bit as she looked at the tree that had begun to grow slowly between the two. "Is that where Lamruil and I are going to be staying?" she asked excitedly.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Mon May 11, 2015 10:51 pm

"That's the idea," Miyuki replied with a wide smile, "It's been an interesting process."

It was nice that they would be able to let it go for the next few days, but it might mean the two would need a room while the tree was growing.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Mon May 11, 2015 11:01 pm

Lancaeriel grinned at Mirania. "I take that to mean that the two of you will be joining us?' she asked warmly.

Miranda's eyes sparkled brightly. "Yes. Thorontur accepted Silas and Sandor as official climbers, so our absence will not affect the village too greatly. Aside from that, there's no reason why we shouldn't go."

She looked around the garden, her expression eager.

"I can't even begin to tell you how excited I am for this," she giggled.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Mon May 11, 2015 11:34 pm

"Yay!" Miyuki exclaimed and restrained herself from pouncing on Miranda, "This will be great!"

Really, at least she thought it would be great.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Mon May 11, 2015 11:42 pm

"I agree wholeheartedly," Mirania laughed. "And we have to days to pack ... Kyrie mentioned I might ask you for a bag to pack our things, as we haven't any of our own, aside from our climbing belts."

She tilted her head curiously as she looked at Miyuki. "I'm not entirely sure why she would direct me to you specifically, others have bags we could use as well ..."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Mon May 11, 2015 11:48 pm

"One of the first rune arrays I ever learned was how to make bags that can store any amount of items without getting heavier. I have some old ones my grandmother made, back before I started experimenting on my own," Miyuki replied.

She was a bit amused by this, but she had become the person to rune bags after a while.

"If there's a bag you have already, or would like to use, I can rune it as well instead of giving you an old one. I can do the same for boxes too, but traveling bags have always been a default of ours."

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Tue May 12, 2015 12:02 am

Mirania pursed her lips thoughtfully. "We do have some crates," she mused, "but as I said, we really don't have any bags, and certainly nothing large enough to hold our things. I'm sure we could get one from the a tanner, but if you have one that we could use, that would be very helpful."

Lancaeriel's eyes danced with laughter. "I'm sure we can supply you with everything you might need," she told her with a grin. "I'm sure you know this already but we do have quite a diversely talented group of people among us."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Tue May 12, 2015 6:17 pm

Miyuki giggled, "That is for certain, it's becoming it's own little town in here."

Which was kind of funny, but true. She wondered what an actual town inside a tent would look like....

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Tue May 12, 2015 10:32 pm

Lancaeriel giggled. "It is. We've got fields and homes, a place to prepare food, to rest and recreate, to train, to experiment, to learn, to build things from wood and metal, to make clothes, to store everything we could ever need, to wash ..."

"Sounds like the only thing you're missing is people to prepare the raw goods," Mirania grinned. "The fabrics and such. Or digging the metals out of the earth. Cut trees into planks."

"Oh, we have that," Lancaeriel laughed. "Kyrie has brought Silverbirch and Eron belowground to find what they needed."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Tue May 12, 2015 10:38 pm

"Eron has become quite talented in earth magic," Miyuki commented since Lancaeriel mentioned the two going below ground, "I mean, he already had the basics, but he's caught on so quickly you wouldn't know he spent many years previous as a chemistry teacher of all things."

He seemed like he should be teaching magic not chemistry, he was also a good teacher Miyuki found. While Shiro was a well of knowledge, if she wanted to understand a science concept, she tended to go to Eron instead.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Tue May 12, 2015 10:44 pm

Mirania chuckled softly. "I have no idea what chemistry is, but that's fine," she quipped. "I've the feeling I'll be finding out eventually."

She looked at the tree, which had grown another foot or more since they'd been talking.

"For now, I'm going to get Lamruil and start packing, at least what we can at the moment," she decided. "But Miyuki, whenever you could get that hold everything bag for me, I would really appreciate it."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Tue May 12, 2015 10:54 pm

"Don't worry, I will," Miyuki nodded.

True to her world, Miyuki showed up with a handful of bags, these were bags first bags she and Andarien had ever owned. They later would end up using a bag with compartments, which was why these ones didn't get used. She also told them, if they ever found a bag they liked more, she would rune those for them.

Before anyone knew it, it was time to go, and it was both, kind of sad, and yet really exciting at the same time.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Tue May 12, 2015 11:11 pm

The entire family showed up to see the travelers off, and Kaya and Dolph were in tears to see their aunt and uncle all ready to leave. There were hugs and well wishes all around, as well as promises for when they returned. Wren was disappointed to leave, but when she was presented with a gift - her own climbing equipment - her disappointment was tempered.

Farewells were said, hugs exchanged, and then the group of travelers continued their journey south.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 14 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14