The World of Arda
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Easing Through Eaulir - 119 4A

2 posters

Page 23 of 32 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 27 ... 32  Next

Go down

Easing Through Eaulir - 119 4A - Page 23 Empty Re: Easing Through Eaulir - 119 4A

Post by Nara-pyon Sat Oct 03, 2015 9:33 pm

"Very true," Lashrael murmured, a light blush rising in her cheeks, "but we owe you so much. More than our lives."

"Didn't I tell you to stop saying things like that?" Shoneah said as she passed through the kitchen again with a set of clean clothes in hand.

Lashrael laughed as Shoneah headed towards the bathing rooms. "Yes, yes. I know. That doesn't change facts, though."

"And what about the rest of you?" Jassin asked curiously. "Any changes while we were gone?"
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

https://twoarda.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Easing Through Eaulir - 119 4A - Page 23 Empty Re: Easing Through Eaulir - 119 4A

Post by Kara Winters Sat Oct 03, 2015 9:48 pm

"The arrangement on the forge room will be complete sometime later today," Miyuki offered, "Fortunately we were able to move everything out."

Though that required her to make a new room completely with large portal doors. Shove everything into it and then remake the room itself while keeping that other portal room section open. She dismantled it after she was done because there really was no use for the extra room she had used as temporary storage for two days.

There were just a few details that needed to be finished.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sat Oct 03, 2015 10:07 pm

"Neko says I'll be able to work with the littinum once the forge room is finished," Andarien said brightly. He grinned at his sister. "I'd never have been able to do it without Mi, though."

"We'll have to look at it later, then," Jassin chuckled. "Any plans for the littinum?"

"Ingots first," Andarien replied seriously. "Make sure it's pure and to have it in easily measurable amounts. After that ..." He shrugged. "I know it makes the best weapons, so I might delve into that. Maybe armour, for those who use it. It's shiny enough I might even try mirrors or jewelry or something, and I'm definitely going to be making my most fragile gears and stuff out of it."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sat Oct 03, 2015 10:17 pm

Miyuki nodded, "The advantage of using it in gears is that the teeth are less likely to break and it won't rust so..."

So while no one would see the inside, it would work flawlessly.

"But one thing at a time, first to finish the forge room."

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sat Oct 03, 2015 10:51 pm

"Right after lunch," Andarien grinned at Miyuki.

And sure enough, once lunch was over, he and Miyuki headed into the forge room to finish up the changes. As Miyuki had said, there was little left to do - at this point it was simply putting the tables into place and reorganizing the tools.

After a while, the door opened and Xipil skittered in, with Shoneah right behind him. She entered slowly, looking around, impressed by the changes.

"It's incredible what can happen in only a few days," she murmured with a smile. Then she turned to the two who were in the room. "Hello, Miyuki. Andarien."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sun Oct 04, 2015 6:56 pm

"Hi," Miyuki waved, "We had help from Uncle Dareon as well, that's why it happened so fast."

Which was great news for them because now things were ready to go.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sun Oct 04, 2015 7:08 pm

Andarien's eyes lit up when Shoneah entered the room, and he had to force himself not to run over and give her a hug.

"Welcome back!" he beamed. "Yeah, Uncle Daeron helped a lot so it's almost all ready to go! And now we'll be able to use the littinum, which means that we'll be able to do a lot more than we ever could before!"

Shoneah laughed, sounding much freer, more lighthearted, than she ever had before. "That's great news," she grinned. "I look forward to it."

Xipil was still sniffing the place out, and Shoneah also stepped forward to see more of it. And while she was looking at the room itself, the look on her face said that she had something she wanted to say, though for some reason she was keeping it to herself at the moment. Every few seconds, she would look at Andarien and Miyuki as if she was about to say it, but it seemed as though each time she thought better of it and focused on the room instead.

Andarien didn't notice, though that wasn't surprising. He watched her, grinning, and kept working on repositioning the table he and Miyuki had been moving before Shoneah had come in.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sun Oct 04, 2015 8:04 pm

Miyuki did and after giving the table a final adjustment she announced, "I think I'm done here. I'll let you get to work now."

Because maybe she figured, it was because she was here that the looks were happening and nothing was being said.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sun Oct 04, 2015 8:09 pm

Andarien looked surprised at Miyuki's announcement. "What, already? But Shoneah just got back! Don't you want to know how her trip was?"

"Don't feel as though you need to go on my account," Shoneah added.

"Besides," Andarien added, "we can't work yet anyways. Still gotta get the tools set up and stuff."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sun Oct 04, 2015 9:15 pm

"Things like your tools I don't know much about and the set up of that is up to you," Miyuki told his brother, "And Shoneah since she'll be working in the space."

So she really was done anyways.

Looking to Shoneah, Miyuki added, "Get the room set up the way you want it for the tools and we can talk later about your trip."

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sun Oct 04, 2015 9:24 pm

"Don't be silly," Shoneah laughed. "The room can wait. It's all of you I was anxious to get back to."

She leaned back against a table. "It was so odd," she murmured, "but while I was gone, I hardly thought about my family. It was being here that I missed. Being with all of you." She smiled again, widely. "I didn't think it possible, but I'm just really happy to be here again."

Andarien's eyes grew bright. "Really?" he asked excitedly. This time he couldn't hold himself back. He crossed the room in just a few strides and hugged her. "I'm so glad!"
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sun Oct 04, 2015 10:03 pm

Miyuki chuckled at that, the two were so cute. She was glad for Shoneah though, it had been a really hard journey for her because she missed her family so much.

"But was it a good trip out?"

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sun Oct 04, 2015 10:06 pm

Shoneah smiled warmly and hugged Andarien lightly before he would let her go.

"Very good," she nodded at Miyuki. "We did some hunting, some exploring ... and a lot of gathering, but I think Jassin and Lashrael want it to be a surprise."

She grinned. "Though I have to say, it will be a feast well worth waiting for."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sun Oct 04, 2015 10:42 pm

"That's what it sounds like when we were talking at lunch," Miyuki nodded, "I do look forward to it. They wouldn't show what they got in the bags though."

So she was interested to see what they had brought back.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sun Oct 04, 2015 10:46 pm

"Something I've never had before but have heard of, even back among my own people," Shoneah grinned, her silver eyes sparkling. "I've always wanted to try it."

Andarien pouted. "That's not fair, you're teasing us now!" he protested.

Shoneah laughed. "Indeed I am!" she agreed.

It was a nice change, because before she'd gone for those few days, she would never have teased anyone.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sun Oct 04, 2015 11:11 pm

Miyuki just laughed along with Shoneah, it was just adorable.

"Ah well, I like surprises, and this will be a good surprise. Then I can bug them for recipes later."

There was a twinkle of mischief in the kitsune's eyes as she said this.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sun Oct 04, 2015 11:18 pm

Shoneah giggled. "Yes, you would," she grinned.

Andarien pouted. "Shoneah ... come on, you can tell us what it is ..."

"No," she laughed, "I can't. So stop asking. Instead, tell me what else has been going on here while I was gone. Aside from the forge room, I mean."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sun Oct 04, 2015 11:39 pm

"Really the forge room has been the major project while you were gone," Miyuki replied, "Until this room could be completed, the kitchen renovations were put on hold."

She tapped a finger to her lip thinking what else was worth mentioning.

"Otherwise everything has been the same. Some have gone out to explore, others just went about their daily routine...."

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:02 am

Shoneah smiled. "So a lot of the same old, same old," she observed.

Andarien shrugged. "Pretty much."

But the smile on his face was wider than it usually was, and he was much more cheerful than he had been for the past few days, renovations notwithstanding. He was glad that Shoneah was back, just as she was glad to be back.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:17 am

"I think we might be able to go swimming in the next few days," Miyuki offered with a shrug, "I think Holly would like Shiro and Kaito to join, but she understands that with wings it might not be possible."

And they both had aversion to water when they weren't cleaning themselves. Especially Kaito.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:20 am

Shoneah's eyes lit up at the thought. "I love to swim," she murmured wistfully.

Andarien shuffled his feet awkwardly. "I don't know how," he admitted. "I think I tried to learn once, maybe, but I don't think it worked very good."

"Then I'll have to teach you," Shoneah decided on the spot. She turned to Miyuki. "How about you, have you learned to swim?"
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:05 pm

"Quite a number of years ago now back when we first arrived in Caras Galadhon," Miyuki admitted, "I haven't swam since."

There just never had been a chance to before then.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:14 pm

Shoneah grinned. "Well, Holly hasn't finished our swim clothes yet - or at least, not that I know of; but I'm not adverse to getting my regular clothes wet. If you're interested, I'd be quite happy to go swimming right this moment."

Andarien's eyes lit up and he nodded eagerly. "Yeah! Mi, you going to come?" He looked at his sister eagerly.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:49 pm

Miyuki looked down at herself. It wasn't that she disliked getting wet, it was that she still wore long skirts and if she could get away with it, long sleeves. It would be really heavy in the water compared to what Andarien and Shoenah wore.

"I'm not sure..."

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:57 pm

Shoneah laughed softly. "Well, I'm not going to force you," she grinned. "If you'd rather not, just say so."

"I'm gonna go get changed," Andarien excused himself, heading towards the door. His layers of clothing would be too much for swimming, he knew that much.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 32 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 27 ... 32  Next