The World of Arda
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Easing Through Eaulir - 119 4A

2 posters

Page 24 of 32 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 28 ... 32  Next

Go down

Easing Through Eaulir - 119 4A - Page 24 Empty Re: Easing Through Eaulir - 119 4A

Post by Kara Winters Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:07 pm

Miyuki shook her head, "I don't really have any lighter clothes that won't drag me down. So I won't go this time around."

Which was a pity, but what could she do, her normally preferred clothes was a bit of a hazard in the water.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Easing Through Eaulir - 119 4A - Page 24 Empty Re: Easing Through Eaulir - 119 4A

Post by Nara-pyon Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:19 pm

Shoneah smiled and nodded her understanding. "Perhaps another time, then," she murmured softly.

Having finished his exploration of the new forge room, Xipil returned to his mistress and flew up to her shoulder, where he curled up comfortably.

"You said something about changing the kitchen or dining room or something," Shoneah commented to Miyuki as she waited for Andarien. She stroked her dragon gently. "What are you planning on doing?"

She asked both because she was curious and also for the sake of conversation. She had come to the realization while out with Jassin and Lashrael that the fact that the others hardly spoke to her at all was quite possibly her own fault, as she had never sought out any of them for conversation, and actually tended to hide away most of the time. It was something she wanted to rectify, and now was as good a time as any.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

https://twoarda.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:35 pm

"I'm actually going to make the dining room and kitchen separate, and then expand the dining room into the living room and make another living room," Miyuki replied, "Right now it's a bit crowded and knowing us there will be others, so a better kitchen and a larger dining room would be better. Also... a storage room in the kitchen for just food stuffs, since the kitchen won't be close to the original storage rooms anymore."

Miyuki made it sound like it was only a matter of time and maybe it was before they had more people.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:43 pm

Shoneah blinked at her. "Others?" she repeated curiously. "You mean you expect we'll be picking up more people again as we travel? Or when Daenis gives birth?"

Being gone for the past few days, she hadn't yet heard that Iorlas was also expecting now.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:46 pm

"Would it surprise you?" Miyuki asked impishly.

Really, even with the risks of traveling, her family just seemed to attract the weird, dangerous and amazing, and that including those they travel with.

"Granted the logistics of feeding a large moving group would be hard as we go on, but frankly it's hard to not imagine us picking up a few more people before the trip is over. And that doesn't even include the new children coming."

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:49 pm

Shoneah laughed. "Fair enough! We've collected someone in just about every country we've gone through - was it like this before Eron and I joined you, too?"

She giggled again. "Though I suppose we're some of those people who joined you, aren't we?"

Then she did a double-take. "Wait, new children coming? Are you talking theoretically or is someone else expecting now? I mean, I know Jassin and Lashrael are hoping, but as of this morning they weren't ..."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:15 pm

Miyuki grinned at this, "Auntie Iorlas is expecting."

Though she supposed if Jassin and Lashrael did eventually have child, that would be another child more, which was just fine with Miyuki.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Wed Oct 07, 2015 6:07 pm

Shoneah grinned. That was good news, indeed - especially considering what she had been told about Iorlas' past.

"I'm happy for her," she said warmly. "I'm sure Daeron is happy, too. I wonder how Amir is taking it - or if he even understands what it means."

Considering how young the boy was, it was quite possible that he might not. Then again, the fact that he didn't speak much didn't mean he was unintelligent, either. So really it was possible either way.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Wed Oct 07, 2015 8:57 pm

"I don't know, it came up in conversation by accident," Miyuki admitted, "And I don't think it's been fully announced yet. So I don't know what Amir could be thinking at the moment."

And it was hard to pin down Amir's thoughts.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:08 pm

"Still, announced or not, accident or not," Shoneah grinned, "it's good news."

The opened just then and Andarien came back into the room, having changed into a pair of light pants and a thin shirt. He grinned at the girls when he saw them.

"Still here? Ready to go?"

Shoneah laughed. "You serious? I was ready before you went to get changed." She turned to Miyuki and smiled warmly. "Thanks. Remember, you're still welcome to join us."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:53 pm

"I'll keep that in mind," Miyuki replied with a nod, "Have fun."

She was sure they would, who knows, maybe Andarien would learn how to swim this time.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:02 pm

Over the course of the next few days, things once again settled into routine - and it was with both excitement and pride that Andarien and Shoneah, after three long days of working with the littinum, produced their first littinum item: a carving knife with a black-lacquered handle courtesy of Daeron.

During this time, Jassin and Lashrael disappeared again, and no one (except Shoneah) knew where they had gone or what they were doing. On the fourth day they were back, and they spent the entire day in the kitchen, which gradually filled with a variety of aromas - including one that had Kaito returning so often that they eventually had to ban him from the area.

Eventually, everything was ready, and just as the sun was beginning to set, the two of them called everyone to dinner. Everything was hidden away, and it was clear that they wanted it all to be a surprise.

Andarien sniffed at the air as he entered the kitchen. "I don't think I've ever smelled these smells before," he commented as he sat down.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Thu Oct 08, 2015 9:15 pm

"If there are," Miyuki murmured as she also entered the kitchen, "I don't remember them. I don't think it's anything I've smelled before."

The lovely smells were attracting everyone to the meal, and it had been a while since they had a feast just for the sake of having one.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Thu Oct 08, 2015 9:20 pm

"You're going to tell us how much room to save for other courses," Mirania grinned at Lashrael as she and Lamruil took their seats.

"I know some of those smells," Shiro murmured with a wide smile as he entered. "I can't remember the last time I smelled them."

"Gaia, at least," Kaito purred, leaning his chair back so that he was closer to the aromas on the counter.

Lashrael pushed Kaito's chair forward so that he was by the table. "You spill anything, you get none," she told him firmly.

Shiro snickered.

"Do you recognize any of it?" Earendil asked Lin curiously as he sat down next to her.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Thu Oct 08, 2015 9:33 pm

Lin sniffed the air, "It seems familiar, but it's probably things I haven't had in a long time."

She took a seat to scanned the table to see what had been set out.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Thu Oct 08, 2015 9:42 pm

So far the only things set out were the dishes, which was different from usual: any other time, the food would also be set out for people to help themselves.

"I know it's a bit slow, serving this way," Jassin said apologetically as he waited for everyone to sit, "but Lashrael is insistent that it remain a surprise."

"It's the celebratory banquet I would have served my sister and her husband, if I'd ever had the chance to host them for a meal," Lashrael explained, taking the last bit from the oven. "A collection of Shalana's and my favourites." She smiled at them all. "Mother's recipes."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Thu Oct 08, 2015 10:05 pm

Lin chuckled, "All the more fun then."

She was always up for a surprise, traveling between worlds, and traveling a lot had taught her to try all sorts of foods. So she was willing to try.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Fri Oct 09, 2015 2:59 pm

The first thing that was brought to the table, once everyone was seated, was a light course of sago bread - a light, flaky bread that tasted vaguely earthy - with various toppings and sauces to put on it: cut up fruits and berries, sauces made from different fruits, even something resembling a whipped cream that was a little less sweet. There was a platter of strips of tender, juicy meat for the bread, and there were a few sauces for that as well: one was spicy, one was sweet, and one was just creamy.

For those who didn't want to put anything on it, there was a dip that they could just break off pieces of the bread and dip it in to eat it. It had a creamy, cheesy flavour, with just a hint of spice to it.

To drink with the meal, Lashrael had prepared a pitcher of ginger mead: similar to the nutritious drink Andarien was so fond of, but with a gingery taste to it.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sun Oct 11, 2015 11:38 pm

It was a platter of colour seeing all the sauces, it was quite interesting.

"Ah... there's ginger here?" Miyuki sniffed the mead after it was poured into her cup.

Ginger, what an interesting root spice it was, and good for settling the stomach if she recalled correctly.

"This must have taken a long time with all the sauces," Lin looked at it all in awe.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sun Oct 11, 2015 11:46 pm

"It's all about managing the time," Lashrael grinned. Then, to Miyuki, she added, "And yes, there is ginger, and it makes many wonderful treats. Ginger mead was Shalana's favourite drink - though I admit, I preferred my ginger in cookie form."

"It's like a healthy ginger ale," Kaito commented, licking his lips after taking a sip.

There were two platters of everything to make it go around more quickly, and soon everyone had some food and drink.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Mon Oct 12, 2015 6:43 pm

Lin nodded at this, while it was a tasty drink she must more preferred ginger cookies.

"I've had ginger cookies," she murmured, "Ginger is also good in chicken soup."

Which had been a staple during the winter back in Gaia.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Mon Oct 12, 2015 6:47 pm

"Chicken?" Jassin asked curiously.

"A small fowl, used for eggs and dinner," Shiro grinned. "The most commonly eaten bird back in Gaia."

"What kind of meat is this?" Mirania asked, adding some strips of the meat to her flatbread.

Lashrael grinned at her. "Jaguar."

"Which means that I get a new shirt," Jassin winked.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Mon Oct 12, 2015 7:04 pm

"That would make for a fine shirt indeed," Holly chuckled as she recalled what a jaguar was.

Granted she had never eaten a feline before, big cats just weren't ever on the menu back home and house cats were house cats. Though she heard some places still served civet.

Lin tried some of the cheesy dip, and found she quite liked it.

Miyuki tried some of the meat too, simply because she had never tried before, "Is Jaguar a common meat to have?"

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Mon Oct 12, 2015 7:07 pm

"In Illsbruic it is," Lashrael affirmed, "because they're somewhat plentiful, and rather a threat to populous areas. As for here or in other countries, I couldn't say."

"You have to get them at the right age, though," Jassin added. "Too young and you risk depleting their numbers too much. Too old, and they're just not much good."

"And their pelt really is the greatest prize from them," Lashrael concluded. "They make very fine clothing."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Mon Oct 12, 2015 7:53 pm

"I see... that's quite interesting," Holly murmured.

Miyuki took a bite of the meat that she had put on her bread. She had to admit it was quite good, though it was a texture she wasn't use to in meat.

"It's good," the kitsune added.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 32 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 28 ... 32  Next