The World of Arda
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Investigating Eausin - 119 4A

2 posters

Page 8 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Investigating Eausin - 119 4A - Page 8 Empty Re: Investigating Eausin - 119 4A

Post by Kara Winters Sat Dec 12, 2015 10:10 pm

Lin ducked behind the tents with a few others, taking a shot whenever she managed to. It wasn't hard to keep their attention since everyone else was on the defensive and trying to take a shot whenever possible. She tried her best to focus on the men rather than on Kyrie.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sat Dec 12, 2015 10:32 pm

Halfway there, Kyrie came upon a mercenary who seemed to have had the same idea as her: he was moving low through the bushes, and it was only with Uruloki's help that they managed to take care of him without alerting the rest of his group.

Suddenly a gunshot rang out. It seemed at least one of them had tried to sneak out the back way.

Wren gave a sharp hiss as an arrow skimmed her cheek, leaving a red line behind. She ducked back for a moment, peeked around cautiously, took aim and let fly another arrow.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

https://twoarda.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sat Dec 12, 2015 11:03 pm

Lin hadn't been fast enough an arrow had grazed her arm. She grimaced, at that as she got another arrow and waited for a chance to let it fly.

She had heard the gunshot and hoped that Andarien and Shonaeh were alright.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sat Dec 12, 2015 11:23 pm

A second gunshot rang out, and then a third. The mercenaries were startled enough that Kyrie had two of them down before they realized she was there.

A few men emerged from the tents on the far end of the camp, but they were quickly and easily taken down, since there was no cover for them in that area. A crate fell from the piles of supplies along the wall to the right - someone was sneaking along behind it towards the group. Kaito, who had no ranged weapons, noticed it, and moved along the wall behind the tents to cut off whoever was coming at them.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sun Dec 13, 2015 7:41 pm

Lin heard the crate fall, but she couldn't take her attention away from the task as that was a good way to get shot. She just hoped that Kaito caught it, and knew what it was as he was the only one not shooting.

Trying to not get distracted she continued to shoot, but also worried that she might run out of arrows.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sun Dec 13, 2015 8:37 pm

Kaito was well prepared for the situation: he had gotten his own set of daishō, and the shorter wakizashi made tight-quarter work very easy. 

"I'm out," Lamruil said grimly, stepping back. He glanced at the enemy arrows that were stuck in the tents, bushes and fence around them. He plucked a few that weren't buried too deeply and tried shooting one of them. It wasn't the same as shooting his own, but it worked.

Three more gunshots rang out. Then the two who were still lobbing arrows at the group fell to the ground.

There was a moment of quiet, and then two sets of hands rose from behind a bush on the far side of the encampment. Two men stepped out, hands high, and walked slowly to the middle of the four unlit campfires.

"We surrender," one of them announced in a fearful yet strong tone.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sun Dec 13, 2015 9:00 pm

"Are they all that is left?" Lin asked.

She didn't even see where Kyrie went to or how far she had gotten. In fact, she had lost track of how many people were down compared to how many people they figured were in the encampment.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sun Dec 13, 2015 9:35 pm

Kyrie materialized from behind the largest of the tents. "Lin, why don't you and Earendil keep an eye on these two while the rest of us check the rest of the camp just to make sure there are no others?"

Uruloki separated from Kyrie and took to the air to scout around the area. Suddenly Ponydash and Andarien appeared at the entrance to the encampment, and Zeus and Eon popped up from behind the crates of supplies, followed shortly by Shoneah.

"We got six of them trying to get out," she told the others, looking around. "This all that's left?"
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sun Dec 13, 2015 10:37 pm

"Kyrie is going to check to see if there is anyone else," Lin told Shoneah.

Then she nodded at Kyrie.

"We'll watch them."

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sun Dec 13, 2015 10:49 pm

Kyrie, Daeron, Mailon, Jassin and Lashrael spread out to search the encampment for any others. Lashrael knelt on the ground and struck a meditative pose, searching with her mind for anyone else.

"You all right, Lin?" Earendil asked, hardly daring to glance at her. He didn't want to risk the two men trying anything while he wasn't looking. But he had seen her flinch earlier, and there had been drops of blood on the tents ...
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Mon Dec 14, 2015 11:21 pm

"It's just a scratch," Lin replied.

It was a deep scratch, but nothing that would require stitches from what she could tell, she had worse in the past.

"I'll bandage it up later when we're not busy."

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Mon Dec 14, 2015 11:28 pm

"Hopefully we can get Cael to take a look at it later," Earendil murmured, glad it was nothing worse.

After a few minutes, most of the others had gathered round once more, while Jassin and Lashrael went around collecting the spent arrows back again.

"No one else," Kyrie announced with a satisfied nod.

"What are we going to do with these two?" Mailon asked quietly, his eyes on the two who had surrendered.

Kyrie looked at them, and though outwardly she appeared calm, her eyes were blazing. "It's tempting to give them a taste of their own medicine," she muttered.

The two Light Elves kept their eyes lowered, and it didn't seem as if they understood what was being said.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Thu Dec 17, 2015 11:16 pm

"It would be best though to keep them alive," Lin murmured.

As giving them a taste of their own medicine (if one went by what they did to the water elves was any indication) would end in death.

Lin went on to explain, "This might not sit well with some people here, but what Haven use to do was make examples of those they kept alive back when they were saving children from the slave trade. Keep a few alive and then release them back, but not before leaving an example of why going into that profession again would be unwise...."

Then again, depending on what Kyrie had in mind, the men might prefer to die.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Thu Dec 17, 2015 11:31 pm

"Works for me," Kyrie nodded, glaring at the men. "One condition. No one tells Khetal."

She looked pointedly at Wren.

Wren didn't look terribly happy at the thought, but she nodded. "I saw the bodies of their victims," she said quietly. "I don't like keeping anything from Khetal, but I agree that in this case, it's worth it." She turned her gaze away. "But I don't think I could participate in it."

Kyrie nodded sympathetically. "There are only two of them. Anyone who doesn't want to take part in this, go ahead and go back to the others. Let them know we're all fine. Maybe bring our other friend back here so that he can see what awaits him if he doesn't help us."

"I'll get Cael and the mercenary," Lancaeriel offered.

"I think we're going to head back to the tent," Mirania said uneasily, standing next to her husband.

"And me," Wren agreed.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sat Dec 19, 2015 9:39 pm

While Lin had been the one to suggest it, she it was an experience she didn't really want to see again. She had already seen it on a hunt once a long time ago.

"I'll go back to the tent as well," Lin replied, "One time is enough for me..."

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sat Dec 19, 2015 9:50 pm

"Then I'll join you," Earendil nodded.

"We should go back, too," Shoneah added, glancing at Andarien.

The youth didn't look like he particularly wanted to head back, but he nodded acquiescence.

Jassin looked at his wife. "What about you?" he asked her quietly. "You up for this?"

Lashrael looked back at him evenly. "Absolutely."

"Well then, those staying, stay," Kyrie said, growing impatient. "Those who are going back to the tent, go, and let the others know we're fine. We'll be a while - we have to take care of these two and then collect what we can from here. Our spent arrows. Tools. Whatever. But we'll be back. Give us an hour, at least."

Wren was the first to turn away, and others followed after her quickly.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sat Dec 19, 2015 10:16 pm

By the time they got back to the tent, Lin felt tired, but that was probably because of the rush of battle was no out of her system. However, she couldn't crash yet, she had to deal with her arm, and then she could rest.

Realizing she was going to have to get it looked at, she looked to see if Cael or Lanceriael had joined them back at the tent.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sat Dec 19, 2015 10:23 pm

Cael and Lancaeriel had brought their prisoner back to the fortification so that he could witness the fates of his former partners, so at the moment the only healer/physician in the tent was Khetal. He was already in the lab with Wren, taking care of the wound on her cheek.

Earendil hadn't seen them disappear there, but he suspected it was where they might have gone, so he suggested it to Lin, too.

"You said it isn't bad," he pointed out, "so I don't think it's necessary to use magic to heal it. And if Khetal isn't in the lab, Shiro probably is, and he's also likely able to deal with it."

He was just thankful that Wren and Lin were the only casualties, and that neither wound was bad.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:35 pm

"Most likely," Lin replied, "I bet he learned first aid."

Nearly everyone in the family did, and didn't his father work in medicine for a bit? Or did Lore just do research only? She wasn't sure, but she was sure Shiro would know what to do.

With that in mind, she headed for the lab with Earendil.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:52 pm

Earendil chuckled at that.

He had been right, as it turned out. Wren was sitting on a work table, letting Khetal work on her face. At the moment, he was still working on cleaning away her blood, and while she seemed perfectly content, he was less than happy.

"I know it was necessary," he was saying as he dabbed at her cheek, "but I wish it were possible for you to stay out of it."

"And deprive you of the opportunity to take care of me again?" Wren smiled at him, but the joviality of her tone was tempered with warmth. She spotted Lin and Earendil at the door and raised a hand in greeting. Khetal turned to look at who she was waving to and nodded a greeting to them as well.

"Welcome back," he called to them, turning his attention back to Wren. "Need a hand?"
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sun Dec 20, 2015 12:44 am

"I just have a scratch on my arm that needs to be cleaned up and bandaged," Lin shrugged.

She looked around to see if Shiro was here, then he could do that instead of Khetal.

"Also, there is a first aid kit here anyways."

There were several around the tent actually, though mostly in the workshops and one for each workshop since accidents could happen while working.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sun Dec 20, 2015 12:59 am

"Best if I take a look at it just in case," Khetal murmured, motioning with one hand for the two of them to come closer. "Wren's cut had traces of poison in it, if you just get cleaned and bandaged it may not be enough."

"I have to admit, it was something I never thought even a mercenary would stoop to," Wren frowned. "And it's a bit frightening to realize that if I'd stayed back to help finish things up, I mightn't have made it back at all. Well, with Lancaeriel and Cael there, I'm sure it would have turned out all right, but still ..."

Earendil's face had paled slightly at the mention of poison, and he touched his hand lightly to the small of Lin's back and directed her gently towards Khetal's work station. "How did you know Wren's wound was poisoned?" he asked cautiously.

Khetal glanced at the prince. "It was a rush job on their part. It looked like they'd just shredded the plant and rubbed it against the arrow they used, some of the bits stayed on it and were lodged in the wound. If there are no plant bits in your wound, you're probably safe."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sun Dec 20, 2015 1:23 am

Lin was surprised, and she felt fine, but then again if it was a rush job, it might just take a while to kick in. Though she had to admit, it made her a bit nervous to think it might be poisoned.

"Do you know what plant it was?" she asked curiously.

Even though plants wasn't her forte.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sun Dec 20, 2015 1:27 am

"There are a couple of possibilities," Khetal replied seriously, "but considering that you're not from this region, or even this world, would you even recognize them if I were to name them?"

He turned towards her and beckoned her closer. "Let me take a quick look. Just to be safe."

With his other hand, he pressed the cloth he'd been using to Wren's cheek and instructed her to hold it there so that he could examine Lin's wound as well.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sun Dec 20, 2015 10:38 pm

"Not really," Lin admitted, "But it doesn't make me any less curious."

Maybe because she hadn't expected them to, though unlike Wren, she didn't fault the mercenaries for using poison if there happened to be a plant out there they could use. At least give them points for being prepared.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next