The World of Arda
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hunting Through Keliac - 119 4A

2 posters

Page 8 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24 ... 40  Next

Go down

Hunting Through Keliac - 119 4A - Page 8 Empty Re: Hunting Through Keliac - 119 4A

Post by Kara Winters Sun Jan 10, 2016 12:34 am

"What do you think?" Miyuki asked, "Shall we give it a go? Honestly, I don't think it has much to do with what is going on now, and I'm just being a busybody."

It did, sound very personal, and being aware of the difference between races Miyuki was betting it was a race thing.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Hunting Through Keliac - 119 4A - Page 8 Empty Re: Hunting Through Keliac - 119 4A

Post by Nara-pyon Sun Jan 10, 2016 12:47 am

"I think," Kyrie said slowly, "that I should wait here and watch so that we don't miss any information. But with that being said ... I think it's worth sending out a few people. Probably Light Elves only, or at least people who can be disguised as Light Elves."

"If you don't expect fighting, but mostly just travel, perhaps Mirania and Lamruil would be interested in going with as well," Iorlas suggested. "Maybe even Lancaeriel - and she could provide extra protection, should it become necessary."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

https://twoarda.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sun Jan 10, 2016 12:49 am

Miyuki sighed, "I wouldn't be able to disguise as a Light Elf, not without an illusion and that's an illusion I haven't learned for myself yet. At most I can pass for a Fire Elf of mixed heritage."

Mixed, because the white tips of her hair would still be visible, that never went away.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sun Jan 10, 2016 12:55 am

"But if Lancaeriel were to go, she could disguise you," Iorlas pointed out. "She did it for Daeron as an Earth Elf, after all."

"Shall we ask her?" Kyrie suggested.

"It's practically the middle of the night," Wren pointed out. "Wait for morning. I doubt there's a rush."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sun Jan 10, 2016 1:01 am

"It is?" Miyuki blinked.

It was then she realized, she was getting kind of tired.

"It is..." Lin nodded, "Let's leave this until tomorrow then."

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sun Jan 10, 2016 1:07 am

"And in the meantime, I'll just keep going as usual," Wren murmured. "For now, goodnight."

She reached out and terminated the link between the mirrors, and in the other mirror that kept watch over her, they could watch as she headed to bed.

The others followed suit shortly after.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sun Jan 10, 2016 1:13 am

The next morning, Miyuki nearly bounced into the kitchen. She really hoped they would be able to go out today, until Kyrie suggested it, she didn't realize how twitchy she had been getting.

"Anyone need help with making breakfast?" she asked the moment she entered the kitchen.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sun Jan 10, 2016 1:22 am

"Love some," Lancaeriel smiled warmly at Miyuki. "It seems the others are a little slow in waking this morning. But, considering half the women in our group are expecting now, that's understandable. Yes?"

Still, she didn't mind preparing breakfast for everyone. She would simply make something that could be left for a few hours without spoiling.

"By the way, I believe you were speaking with Wren last night when Cael and I went to bed," she added. "How are things going for her?"
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sun Jan 10, 2016 1:31 am

"I think it was getting a bit frustrating for her because this Mara person is pretty closed about what sort of investments she's doing," Miyuki replied as she moved to help Lanceriel, "But there was a bit of a breakthrough last night..."

She then went onto explain that Wren had told Mara (truthfully) that she couldn't read the runes, allowing Mara to lower her guard around Wren. Kyrie though, could read them and she would be monitoring the mirror watching Wren in case any information came up.

The kitsune then explained about an incident with one of the guards, and how he was upset that a Dark Elf had shown up at his home.

"That being said," Miyuki added as she finished her story, "Kyrie was thinking a few people could go check it out. It's probably nothing, but it might be worth checking out."

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sun Jan 10, 2016 1:38 am

"That does sound curious," Lancaeriel murmured thoughtfully. "I wonder if Cael would be interested. If he is, I would be interested in going, myself."

"Going?" Lashrael's voice interrupted the conversation as she entered the kitchen. "Going where?"

Lancaeriel repeated what Miyuki had told her, and Lashrael looked wistful. "I'd love to go," she murmured, "but I doubt it would be a good idea."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sun Jan 10, 2016 1:41 am

"Kyrie thinks it would be wise if only Light Elves went, or people disguised as Light Elves. I'd like to go too..."

Miyuki added the last part a bit sheepishly.

"But I don't know how to do a full body illusion. If you go, could you help me with that?"

While it was easier to just have Lanceriael to do the illusion, Miyuki would like to learn how to do it herself. Illusion was one of the areas that she was learning so it wasn't like she had to learn anything from scratch.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sun Jan 10, 2016 1:46 am

Lancaeriel's eyes sparkled. "Of course I can," she said warmly. "Teaching you reminds me of when Cael and I were young. It really was a wonderful time."

Even if it was dangerous, and didn't end well.

"Still, only Light Elves," Lashrael frowned. "The only others are Andarien, Mirania and Lamruil ... do you really think any of them would go?"

"If not," Lancaeriel smiled, "then I shall convince Cael that he has no choice but to go."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sun Jan 10, 2016 1:51 am

"Kyrie believes it shouldn't be too dangerous, so Mirania and Lamruil would be safe to go if they wanted to. She didn't think about Andarien when naming who could go...."

She didn't know if she was worried about Andarien, or if it just never occurred to her.

"But I agree, it's probably quite safe. Really the incident that we would be investigating involves one of Mara's guards. Apparently he came home to drop off some supplies when he noticed a Dark Elf there. The elf, was just dropping off some food to the home, so I'm not sure why he was upset, but he was, and wanted to return home to deal with it. There's a slight chance it might have something to do with the supplies he was dropping off, but I suspect it might have something more to do with this elf's race, but without checking it out. I'm just guessing."

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sun Jan 10, 2016 1:57 am

Lancaeriel nodded. "That does sound interesting," she murmured. "I will ask Cael about it at breakfast." Looking back at Miyuki, she added, "Perhaps you could bring it up to Mirania and Lamruil?"

She had no idea whether the two would be interested in going, but she was definitely going to try to convince Cael.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sun Jan 10, 2016 2:16 am

"Okay, I'll do that," Miyuki grinned, "And I'm sure you'll be able to convince Cael."

As Miyuki said she would, after breakfast, she brought up the outing to Lamruil and Mirania, explaining the situation and what they wanted to do.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sun Jan 10, 2016 2:56 am

"It would be nice to get outside again," Mirania said thoughtfully, looking at her husband. "I mean really outside, do some traveling, perhaps some climbing ..."

Lamruil was stroking his chin slowly, his eyes focused on Miyuki. "And Kyrie says there is unlikely to be much danger," he murmured. "I mean, we would need our bows anyways, just in case, but ..."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sun Jan 10, 2016 3:11 am

"But we should be fine, besides, Lanceriael is coming along and she's right now doing her absolute best to convince Cael to come as well," Miyuki explained, "So we should be fine."

She would bring her Pokemon, but they would have to stay in their balls, but if she had that, she would feel a bit safer.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sun Jan 10, 2016 3:17 am

Mirania kept looking at Lamruil, her lower lip extended slightly in a pout.

"Sure," Lamruil agreed, chuckling at his wife. "We can go. It does sound nice to have a change of pace again."

Her eyes sparkling with excitement, Mirania hugged her husband tightly before turning to Miyuki. "When do we leave?" she asked eagerly.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sun Jan 10, 2016 3:21 am

"We're not in any hurry," Miyuki shrugged, "We can leave at any time, I guess whenever Lanceriael convinces Cael to come with us. Kyrie won't be coming since she needs to watch the mirror."

So it would just be the five of them, not a bad number.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sun Jan 10, 2016 3:26 am

"Then we'll get our things so that we're ready whenever it's time," Mirania beamed. "And you said it's half a day's journey - we'll take things to spend the night outside, just in case we're not back by nightfall."

They would need a tent, too, then ...

As the two headed off, Cael and Lancaeriel came over to Miyuki to let them know that yes, they would be coming with as well.

"So I can disguise you, Miyuki while Cael disguises himself," Lancaeriel concluded with a warm smile.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sun Jan 10, 2016 3:28 am

"Excellent," Miyuki beamned, "Mirania and Lamruil went to get their things, and suggested we might need a tent since it's half a day's trip. Just in case we don't make it back in time."

She paused and thought about it.

"How many should I grab?"

They still had the old tents from before.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sun Jan 10, 2016 3:31 am

"One should be fine," Lancaeriel suggested. "Worse come to worse, we can expand the interior, after all."

"Would you like us to fetch it?" Cael asked, unaware of how much or how little Miyuki would have to pack. Of course, he had no idea what he and his wife would be packing either. It was his first real excursion since joining the group.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sun Jan 10, 2016 3:35 am

"I can grab it," Miyuki replied, "And then I'll back it in with my stuff."

She was already thinking about what she would need. While she was use to going out on an excursion, this would be the first time she would be doing so with the possibly of spending a night out without her family.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sun Jan 10, 2016 3:37 am

"As you wish," Cael smiled easily.

"And did you manage to convince Lamruil and Mirania to come as well?" Lancaeriel asked brightly. "I saw you speaking with them but I'm afraid I wasn't able to hear what was being said ..."

Of course it would have been rude of her to eavesdrop if she had overheard them. Not that most people in the group worried or cared about such things.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sun Jan 10, 2016 3:52 am

Miyuki nodded, "Yes, they just left to get their things. They'll be ready to leave whenever the rest of us are, and really we can leave at any time. We're not in a hurry for this one."

Which would be nice for a change since they had been hurrying everywhere else.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24 ... 40  Next