The World of Arda
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hunting Through Keliac - 119 4A

2 posters

Page 9 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 24 ... 40  Next

Go down

Hunting Through Keliac - 119 4A - Page 9 Empty Re: Hunting Through Keliac - 119 4A

Post by Nara-pyon Sun Jan 10, 2016 3:21 pm

"True," Cael agreed, "but it will be nice to be able to get out of the tent for a while again." He turned to his wife and grasped her hands gently. "Lancaeriel, dear, if you would like to go and pack us some food, I'll worry about our clothing and supplies," he suggested.

Lancaeriel nodded, smiling. "I'll make sure to get enough for a few days, just in case," she promised. And as she headed towards the pantry, Cael grinned at Miyuki and headed off to their rooms to pack their bag.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

https://twoarda.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Hunting Through Keliac - 119 4A - Page 9 Empty Re: Hunting Through Keliac - 119 4A

Post by Kara Winters Sun Jan 10, 2016 9:31 pm

With that, Miyuki went off to pack as well. She grabbed a tent from storage, packed some supplies, a first aid kit, clothes, some of her rune material and remembered to grab her staff on the way out.

Hopefully, she thought to herself, that was everything.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sun Jan 10, 2016 9:35 pm

Mirania and Lamruil were already in the foyer, ready to go, when Miyuki arrived, and Kyrie was showing them a map with their route sketched out on it. The mirror that usually was used for watching Wren was currently covered with a blanket, so she was probably either dressing or bathing. A moment later, Lancaeriel and Cael joined them. Cael was already disguised, his normally black hair now as golden as Mirania and Lamruil's (though still not as light as Lancaeriel's).

"Ready?" Cael asked the others with an excited smile.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sun Jan 10, 2016 9:39 pm

"Just a moment," Miyuki murmured.

Illusions were just that, illusions, tricks of sight, so Miyuki had to do something about her tails first before being put under an illusion. With a shift, her tails melted away and her fox ears disappeared to be replaced by pointy elven ears instead.

"This should make it a bit easier, the tails would have gotten in the way."

And she heard differently when her ears were in the side of her head instead of on top. Despite her looks, her hearing as an 'elf' was probably closer to a humans. She always felt a bit deaf without her fox ears.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sun Jan 10, 2016 9:42 pm

For most of the group, this was their first time seeing Miyuki like this, and so some of them gawked while others tried not to stare; but Lancaeriel simply smiled and cupped her hands over Miyuki's head.

"This may feel a bit odd to begin with," she cautioned her friend gently. Then she lowered her hands to Miyuki's head and tapped it lightly, spreading her hands as if she had just cracked an egg and was pouring out its contents.

It would probably tickle Miyuki as the magic poured down her body and changed her appearance, but she would likely get used to the sensation in a minute or two.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sun Jan 10, 2016 9:46 pm

Miyuki giggled as she felt the manage pour over her. Her red and white hair turning golden, while her gold/yellow eyes turned into a common blue. It was also strange because Miyuki could just from feel that it was Lancaeriel's magic, but it was comforting at the same time.

"There we go," Miyuki laughed, "Perfect!"

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sun Jan 10, 2016 9:49 pm

Lancaeriel giggled as well as she stepped back from Miyuki, and then she reached down for her bag.

"Now we're set, I believe," she smiled at the others. "Yes?"

"We're set," Mirania agreed.

Cael turned to Miyuki. "And you?" he asked the kitsune, grinning.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sun Jan 10, 2016 10:33 pm

"I'm ready," Miyuki nodded.

She was excited for this trip, even though they were going to investigate.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sun Jan 10, 2016 10:42 pm

The five of them set out at a leisurely pace through the jungle heading directly west. Since Mirania and Lamruil had been the ones to speak with Kyrie about the directions, they were the ones with the map and kept the group on course. Since they weren't worried about having to attack anyone, and in fact were not planning on running into anyone at all, they were able to keep the atmosphere light and jovial.

"I still have to do a double-take every time I look at Cael and Miyuki," Mirania chuckled after they'd been walking for a few hours. "Doesn't it bother you to see your husband look like someone else, Lancaeriel?"

The former druidess smiled and shook her head. "Actually," she replied, her eyes gleaming, "until his current life, he has always been Light Elven." She reached up and ran her fingers through her husband's hair. "It brings back memories, seeing him like this."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sun Jan 10, 2016 10:46 pm

"I'd imagine so," Miyuki chuckled, "I actually forgot he was a Light Elf in his previous lives."

She wondered then if this was what he looked like in his previous life, since normally people tended to look a lot like what they did in a past life.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sun Jan 10, 2016 10:51 pm

"Well, you never knew him then," Lancaeriel pointed out, her smile widening. "So it stands to reason."

Mirania and Lamruil were surprised by the information. "Previous lives?" Lamruil asked curiously.

"Eight that I'm aware of," Cael grinned. "Of course, there is always the possibility that I may have lived a short life in which I did not regain my memories, but Lan and I have been together since ..."

He looked at his wife for the answer.

"Since the world was young," was her vague reply. "Since before this continent existed."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sun Jan 10, 2016 10:55 pm

"That's... one way of putting it," Miyuki laughed.

She didn't know the exact time neither, but she knew they were both very old.

"Still... that's a lot of lives."

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sun Jan 10, 2016 10:58 pm

Cael shrugged. "I had a knack for getting into trouble," he said simply.

Mirania laughed, but Lamruil just smiled.

Lancaeriel shook her head, smiling, and took her husband's hand. "Yet we have always managed to find each other once more," she murmured happily. Winking at Miyuki, she added, "That is one of the benefits of being elven."

"And having such powers," Mirania added.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sun Jan 10, 2016 11:02 pm

"It could be powers yes," Miyuki agreed, "If it was my grandparents, they would say Lancaeriel and Cael are tied by the red string of fate."

It was amazing she still remembered that, though she did learned more about the belief since growing up. She believed it in though, because her great-grandfather Daemon could see them.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sun Jan 10, 2016 11:03 pm

"The red string of fate?" Lamruil asked curiously. "What is that?"

Of course, it being a Gaian concept, those native to Arda who had not known Miyuki's family for a long time would not have heard of it.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sun Jan 10, 2016 11:17 pm

"In Gaia, it is believed by many people that there are those out there bounded by a red string, or rather their souls. So that no matter where they are, where they are born, what time or who they are, they will always find each other eventually through a red string of fate," Miyuki explained.

Quite a romantic thought when one put it that way.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sun Jan 10, 2016 11:24 pm

Lancaeriel and Cael looked at each other, and there was laughter in their eyes.

"A fitting description," Lancaeriel giggled girlishly. "That is indeed the connection we have felt since we first met."

"From one lifetime to another," Cael agreed.

Mirania giggled. "And still you two act as if you're newlyweds."

"Something else that has never changed," Cael grinned. With a wave of his hand, a pale purple rose appeared between his fingers, the same hue as Lancaeriel's dress, and in a single practiced motion he tucked it behind his wife's ear.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sun Jan 10, 2016 11:26 pm

Miyuki rolled her eyes, "Still a show off too...."

She was use to this out of Cael though, he was the most likely to start sometime even though from Cael's stories, it was Lancaeriel was the one who would cause trouble.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sun Jan 10, 2016 11:29 pm

Lancaeriel just giggled and accepted the attentions.

It wasn't long after that they emerged from the jungle. There were more trees ahead of them, but they were at least a mile away. To the west, they could see two houses in close proximity, a wooden post fence between them.

"That must be it," Lamruil murmured, looking at the place. After a moment's thought, he added, "It certainly seems innocent enough ..."

"Now I know we're supposed to be checking the place out," Mirania mused, "but ... what exactly are we looking for? Something connected to Mara's operation? Or a reason that one guard would be so angry that a Dark Elf showed up?"
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sun Jan 10, 2016 11:43 pm

"Just to get more information on the Dark Elf. Apparently went supplies were dropped off here, the people who delivered it saw a Dark Elf, which got the guard all upset. It could be that they were worried about the supplies being delivered," the kitsune paused and then added, "Granted Mara wasn't worried, she amused by him being upset, so there's a chance his reaction was completely blown out of proportion."

She shrugged because she found it confusing herself.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sun Jan 10, 2016 11:52 pm

"Maybe he's afraid his wife is stepping out on him," Lamruil suggested with a frown.

"Well, we won't know anything until we check it out," Cael shrugged. As they continued forward, he asked, "So how are we going to do this? Are we going to knock on the door? Scout around?"
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sun Jan 10, 2016 11:56 pm

"Hmm...." Miyuki tapped a finger to her chin, "I wish I had the foresight to have brought some of my stock along, we could have claimed to be travellers and just need resupply. We don't have anything to trade, unless they need help around their place...."

They knew nothing of this family though, which was the problem.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Mon Jan 11, 2016 12:03 am

"Or we could say we were sent by ... did anyone catch the name?" Cael blinked.

"Erlan, I believe, is what Kyrie said his name was," Mirania nodded.

Cael grinned. "Then we could just say that he had heard a report from the men who delivered the supplies yesterday that there was a Dark Elf here when they came, and that he sent us to check it out for him."

"Or not mention the Dark Elf, and simply say that he was concerned by something the men had told him," Lancaeriel murmured thoughtfully. "No need to put anyone on the defensive if we do not have to."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Mon Jan 11, 2016 12:04 am

"Isn't three women and two men a bit overkill?" Miyuki asked as she looked at the group.

There was a good number of them, and that did seem to be a bit overkill for a single elf.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Mon Jan 11, 2016 12:07 am

"That is true ..." Lancaeriel murmured softly.

"Well, perhaps we're just some travelers heading ... I don't know, south or north or something, and we're looking for a place to rest for a while," Lamruil suggested. "West might be a bit strange, since that's another country, if I'm not mistaken it's actually the Dark Elven country."

"Elysium," Mirania nodded. She was the one with the map.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 24 ... 40  Next