The World of Arda
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hunting Through Keliac - 119 4A

2 posters

Page 23 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Go down

Hunting Through Keliac - 119 4A - Page 23 Empty Re: Hunting Through Keliac - 119 4A

Post by Nara-pyon Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:23 pm

Kaito rolled his eyes, unable to help himself. "Of course he is," he said flatly. "Given that we had no idea when you would be setting up the tent again I don't think he had the intention of doing anything else, or of stopping by a certain time - not that he would, even if he had planned on it."

Then he shrugged. "That being said, I think he's making progress."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

https://twoarda.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Hunting Through Keliac - 119 4A - Page 23 Empty Re: Hunting Through Keliac - 119 4A

Post by Kara Winters Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:39 pm

"I'll go get him then," Holly replied as she went off to get Shiro.

Lin couldn't help but chuckle at this, Holly seemed to have made it her duty to look after the nekos, but often tended to look out for Shiro more. It was always amusing.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:46 pm

For the sake of not invading Cael and Lancaeriel's privacy more than necessary, Shiro had taken the tome they had lent him into the lab. It was also a more familiar work environment for him, and he could settle in - and experiment - more freely. He had spent most of the morning there, after having taken the book from the couple's suite, and had not only the book but also his tablet in front of him, and was working with both of them.

Meanwhile, back in the foyer, Sylvar was questioning Makaela intensely about everyone in the group, about their races and their relations. She wasn't bothered in the least with Tehlmar's race or his marriage to Takari, either. She spoke with them as warmly as her own daughter.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sun Mar 13, 2016 11:43 pm

Fortunately Holly did know about this change in location and so made a beeline for the lab. Finding him working on both the book but on the tablet made her sigh a bit. She did understand why Kaito worried about Shiro, and she was worried for the day he would go back to Gaia.

Instead of calling his name, because she found he could be that absorbed in his work. She placed herself beside him and rested her elbows on the table. Cattily she placed her chin in her hands and watched him closely, like her nose was very close to his face watching him. It was a very cat thing to do.

"How long do you think it'll take for Holly to get Shiro?" Lin asked Miyuki while they waited.

She found that Miyuki knew more what went on as Holly was closer to her 'age'.

Miyuki just giggled, "Faster than what Kaito can do."

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sun Mar 13, 2016 11:51 pm

Shiro was so intent in his work, translating from the tome and inputting the information into his tablet, that he didn't notice Holly for a moment. He became aware of her gradually, so gradually that he didn't even realize when he realized that she was there, or when she had arrived. He suddenly froze in his work and, his eyes still on his tablet, his face grew quite warm.

"Um ... how long have you been there?" he asked, blushing hotly.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sun Mar 13, 2016 11:55 pm

"Enough to know you are probably one of the few true mutlitaskers to ever exist," Holly replied sweetly.

It was a vague answer that was really a compliment (or maybe just a pure fact). Most people couldn't actually multitask, no matter what they thought, or at least most people couldn't do it well. However, Holly was more focused on the fact that Shiro was quite cute when he blushed.

Holly smiled, "Am I interrupting?"

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Mon Mar 14, 2016 12:00 am

Shiro reached up and scratched behind one ear, a nervous gesture. "Um ... well ... if you were Kaito, I'd say yes ... but ..."

He turned to face her and smiled. His face was still fairly pink, though it was lightening somewhat. "No."

Then, clearing his throat, he asked, "Where are we? I presume somewhere safe, since the tent is obviously set up again ..."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sat Mar 19, 2016 2:01 am

"We're in the yard of Makaela's parents," Holly explained, "Her mother gave permission to set up and is in fact in the sitting area."

She had to smile fondly, poor Kaito seemed to not get any breaks if Shiro was willing to say no to her (and for once no was a good thing!).

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sat Mar 19, 2016 2:04 am

Shiro nodded and looked at Holly thoughtfully. "And I presume that since you look like yourself again ... she knows that not all of us are Light Elves ..."

Yet Holly didn't seem to be anxious at all, and it seemed Makaela's mother wasn't trying to get away if she was in the foyer ...

"I presume also that she doesn't mind?" he guessed.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sun Mar 20, 2016 11:12 pm

"Not at all," Holly smiled, "She was quite understanding of it, probably more fascinated by it, which is good."

It made things easier for them in the long run,and it was nice that the whole family would be able to get along.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sun Mar 20, 2016 11:17 pm

Shiro let out a breath of relief. "I'm glad," he smiled at Holly. "Then I only hope that her husband is the same."

He pushed his chair back, leaned back in it, and cocked his head slightly. "So ... did you come to take me out to meet her?" he asked hesitantly. "Or ..."

Was it possible that she just wanted to spend time with him?

Even as the thought entered his mind, he blushed and pushed the thought away. Don't be silly, he reprimanded himself silently.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sun Mar 20, 2016 11:19 pm

"I came to drag you out to be social and make sure you eat something," Holly replied with a bit of amusement.

Because otherwise he wouldn't, it amazed Holly that Shiro hadn't landed himself sick from being dehydrated or something else with the way he locked himself up.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sun Mar 20, 2016 11:24 pm

Shiro was about to protest that he wasn't hungry when suddenly he realized two things: first, that it would be pointless to argue with her (if it were Kaito it would be another story); and second, that she was right, he ought to be social, especially with the woman in whose yard they were now residing.

"Let me finish the ..." He paused. Chapter, would be most helpful, but he knew she wouldn't agree to that. Page? Even that would take some time, he was only half done it. Paragraph? Possibly ... He looked up at her again. "Paragraph?"

He was what he was, after all, and he felt that he had make a real breakthrough, even in the short time he had been working on it.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sun Mar 20, 2016 11:39 pm

Holly nodded, "I'll wait here, just not... in your face like before."

She giggled at that, but it did work so she would probably keep doing that in the future.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sun Mar 20, 2016 11:43 pm

"You're just lucky I'm not Kaito," Shiro chuckled as he turned back to the book and his tablet. "I'm not sure what he would do if you did that to him, but he probably wouldn't be very nice about it."

Either that or he would do something totally shocking, like kiss her.

"I'll try be quick," he promised, his face growing warm once more as he went back to his work.

As promised, it was only about two minutes before he had finished his paragraph, and then he shut down his tablet, pushed his chair back again, and stretched, arching his back as far as he could. "Okay, I'm ready," he murmured, turning back to Holly once more.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:20 pm

Holly grinned as she grabbed his arm, "Let's go then. Everyone is probably just chatting at the moment."

Since there was so much to cover.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:27 pm

The remaining introductions were made, and though Sylvar was eager to invite everyone into the house for lunch, Makaela pointed out, quite logically, that she hadn't the space, and not likely enough food, for such a vast group of people. Instead, then, they invited her to stay in the tent with them for lunch, which she readily accepted.

"Anyone want to explore the town?" asked Mirania after lunch had been cleaned up again. "Lamruil and I were hoping to go out for the afternoon."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Thu Mar 24, 2016 11:39 pm

"I would like to," Miyuki replied quickly raising a hand.

Despite the fact she would have to go in disguise, she was eager to go out.

"I wouldn't mind going out too," Lin admitted.

Though that would also allow her to write a bit more in her books (she has passed the first book a long time ago). At the very least, going around town would be a great change of pace after everything.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Thu Mar 24, 2016 11:52 pm

"I'll go," Earendil chuckled softly. "It will be good to see a town here. I mean really see one, not just through a mirror."

"I wouldn't mind going out and being able to be myself," Wren admitted.

"I think it would just be fun," Rose beamed. "It will be my first chance to be in a town since leaving home!" She latched onto Holly's arm. "You should come, too! We can check it out together!"
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Fri Mar 25, 2016 12:19 am

Holly chuckled, "Sure, it would be good to see the styles here."

And see what they sold, though Holly didn't have anything to sell back at the current moment. She was so busy trying to get her and Rose's wardrobe travel ready.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Fri Mar 25, 2016 12:30 am

"Well, if we're all disguised, I see no reason why we should need to stay together," Earendil suggested. "Otherwise we might be too many together."

"As long as no one is on their own," Wren murmured, ever aware of safety.

"Sylvar, will our currency be accepted here?" Rose asked Makaela's mother. She had a practical mind, and if their currency wouldn't be accepted, it would make a difference in how she looked at things.

"I'm afraid I couldn't say," Sylvar admitted. "To my knowledge, no one has tried using other currencies here."

Kyrie added, "I've always traded for what I got here."

Rose was disappointed. "Well, I suppose all we can do is try, then," she murmured.

Cael and Lancaeriel rose to their feet. "We're going to stay in for the afternoon," Cael announced, "so if you'd like to be disguised, now's the time."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Fri Mar 25, 2016 12:50 am

"If we stay here long enough, I could tell a few stories," Miyuki offered, "And if not, I do have things to trade. It's been a long time since we've been in a town, so I think it might be wise for everyone to think about what we need while in town."

It was how Miyuki worked, she tended to use up any money she made, either on things they needed or on goods she thought might be worth trading else where. So really, she rarely kept currency herself, only odds and ends that she couldn't spend. In which, Miyuki also accidentally had a growing coin collection.

Those that were going out, lined up to get disguised and both Miyuki and Lin reverted to their other forms to make it easier.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Fri Mar 25, 2016 1:05 am

It didn't take long for everyone to be disguised, and once they had their bags, they set out.

The town was a lively one, and though it was the afternoon now, there were still a great many people about the town, at the market, in and out of shops, herding animals about from one place to another, working in gardens, and more.

"Kind of reminds me of home," Rose commented to Holly as they weaved their way through the people. "Though admittedly a bit more crowded."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Fri Mar 25, 2016 2:02 pm

"Just a bit, but we always were closer to the edge of town," Holly reminded Rose.

Rose's family, because they were millers and it put them closer to the plantations, and for Holly it was because she couldn't originally live anywhere closer. Though she could have moved many times as her reputation grew, she chose to stay here she was.

"Where do you want to look first?"

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Fri Mar 25, 2016 2:05 pm

"To be honest, I'd be interested in seeing if they have a currency exchange," Rose admitted, "though the way Makaela's mother was talking, it didn't sound likely. Otherwise I wouldn't mind checking out the marketplace in general."

She was curious about their economy - maybe then she would be able to see what kind of items would be best for trade.

"I'm sure you want to check out the tailors and see what kind of material they have," she smiled, teasing her friend.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next