The World of Arda
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hunting Through Keliac - 119 4A

2 posters

Page 13 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next

Go down

Hunting Through Keliac - 119 4A - Page 13 Empty Re: Hunting Through Keliac - 119 4A

Post by Nara-pyon Sat Jan 16, 2016 10:42 pm

"I can't remember feeling so wonderful," Makaela murmured, her voice thick with emotion.

Cael just smiled and leaned on his wife for support. "I'll be just fine after a rest."

"We must celebrate," Takari said excitedly, still hugging her mother. "We'll have a feast for dinner, and we can invite Tehlmar and his parents as well!"

"We can help with that," Mirania offered. "We're all used to pitching in to prepare meals."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

https://twoarda.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Hunting Through Keliac - 119 4A - Page 13 Empty Re: Hunting Through Keliac - 119 4A

Post by Kara Winters Sat Jan 16, 2016 11:02 pm

Miyuki nodded at this, "If we all help out, then we'll make enough for a good feast in good time. Though... we might have different recipes... but that will make things more interesting."

Anything new was more interesting to Miyuki.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sat Jan 16, 2016 11:11 pm

There was a knock at the door, and before anyone could go to answer it, it opened, and the Dark Elven man they had seen earlier coming out of the other house stepped inside, a crate in his hands.

"I brought extra today," he said as he entered, before he even looked around. But as he spoke, he caught sight of them all: Makaela standing, a Dark Elf he hadn't seen before, and a strange looking red-haired girl with tails. He stopped short, staring.

Takari squealed and let go of her mother, then ran towards the man and threw her arms around his neck. "Tehlmar, look!" she cried. "Mother can walk again!"

It was an awkward embrace, with him still holding the crate between himself and Takari, but he didn't seem to notice. He was still staring.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sat Jan 16, 2016 11:12 pm

"Hmmm.... Maybe you should let him put down the crate first Takari," Miyuki suggested with a bit of amusement.

Clearly it was a bit much for him to take in, and he was holding a create.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sat Jan 16, 2016 11:17 pm

"Allow me," Lamruil chuckled. He went over to the two and took the crate from Tehlmar, and set it aside.

The action seemed to jolt the man back to reality, and he shook his head and blinked a few times.

"What's going on?" he asked, his voice filled with wonder. "I brought extra meat today because I saw you had guests, but ... what is all this?"

Takari laughed and kissed him. "What does it matter?" she giggled at him. "Mother is healed! You and your parents simply must join us for a feast tonight!"
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sat Jan 16, 2016 11:28 pm

Miyuki chuckled, granted a bit nervously because it wasn't their intention to have both households know about them like this. Luckily there were only two households in this area, so it wasn't so bad... Kyrie really wasn't going to believe this.

"We're still the same guests," Miyuki explained, "It's just some of us had to in disguised, less likely to be harassed that way..."

Which, could be true if they were a smaller group, in a big group they were normally in, it wasn't an issue she supposed because there were so many of them.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sat Jan 16, 2016 11:42 pm

"It would be best if you were to disguise yourselves once more when Tasar and Elora come," Takari murmured, her excitement dampening slightly. "They're not so fond of other races or interracial relations either."

"I'm not sure Dad minds," Tehlmar spoke up, "but Mom would definitely have a fit." Suddenly he gave Takari a look, as if asking if she were crazy.

She just smiled at him. "Don't worry," she murmured, taking his hands and squeezing them. "They know about us."

Taking his hand, she led him towards the others. He also had black marks on the side of his hand, and with their hands together, they created the image of a symbol of some kind.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sat Jan 16, 2016 11:44 pm

"And we don't mind at all," Miyuki replied, "My parents are in an interracial marriage...."

The kitsune paused and then realized these people didn't know her family.

"Which I should have prefixed that with, I am adopted, but they are my parents and they are in an interracial marriage. So this isn't unusual to me."

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sat Jan 16, 2016 11:52 pm

"Not to mention, the two of us," Cael chuckled, laying his head against Lancaeriel's shoulder.

Tehlmar shook his head slowly. "It's so strange to think we're not the only ones who think like this."

"Oh, there are plenty of people who don't care about different races," Lancaeriel spoke up. "A whole country of them on this continent, and a whole country of them on another continent. Not to mention an island nation that doesn't mind either."

Tehlmar blinked and suddenly looked alert. "Where?" he asked eagerly. "Somewhere Takari and I could reach in safety?"

At that, Lancaeriel hesitated. "Not ... not before Takari can no longer travel," she admitted reluctantly.

She looked around at the others. Should they offer to let the young couple come with them? It was clearly dangerous for them to remain here - even Takari's own father was a threat to their survival. And if they tried to go anywhere on their own, they would most likely not make it very far.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sat Jan 16, 2016 11:57 pm

"We would need to ask Kyrie," Miyuki spoke in English, "But the other problem is, we can't leave until this issue with the mercenaries is settle, and I worry that her father will be caught in the crossfire. How would Takari feel? He's still her father, even if they don't agree on his career choice...."

The kitsune looked worried, but she really wanted to offer the couple the chance.

"I'm sure Kyrie will say yes though, their lives are endanger here, and she wouldn't say no, but then... we need to be honest in why we're here."

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sun Jan 17, 2016 12:03 am

Takari, Tehlmar and Makaela could not understand what Miyuki was saying, but they did hear Takari's name, so they were all looking at Miyuki curiously.

"We agree," Mirania nodded, speaking for herself and Lamruil.

"Yes," Lancaeriel murmured. "Kyrie would agree, without a doubt. The least we can do, then, is tell the truth. What truly led us here. What we face when we return to the others. And ... their connection to it all."

She sighed sadly and turned back to the others. "You may want to sit," she murmured, gesturing towards the couch for all three of them. "I'm afraid we have another confession to make."

The three exchanged a look and sat down slowly.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sun Jan 17, 2016 12:15 am

"Ah..." Miyuki scratched her cheek sheepishly, "You see... we weren't being truthful when we said we were traveling through this area. I mean... would have under normal circumstances but that's not why we're here..."

Miyuki then went on to explain the massacre of the Water Elves that happened in Eausin, and how it was mercenaries who had done it. She told them the story of how they followed up lead all the way to a town where the contractor of those mercenaries lived, and the deepening mystery of what it was this Mara wanted. She told them how they found out about them through Takari's father, how he was angry at hearing about a 'Dark Elf' being at his house, and how that curiousity led them to be here.

Fortunately, Miyuki had a lot of practice in story telling, so she was able to emphasis that this wasn't revenge, but rather to prevent anymore deaths. However, without knowing why Mara wanted that area cleared, they couldn't do anything without possibly leaving other projects of hers in motion, which could lead to more deaths.

"And... that's why we're here," Miyuki finished, "Sorry... we really don't mean any harm, it's just we had hoped that maybe here would have the answers we were looking for. The reason why I'm telling you this is because, originally we were supposed to just travel through this continent to map it and see as many countries as possible. We're still going to do that, and the end of our journey will lead us to Caras Galadhon. We have the means to take you both there safely, and really, with your lives endanger, none of us would have any objections."

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sun Jan 17, 2016 12:33 am

All three of them sat, transfixed by Miyuki's narration, their expressions changing as the tale evolved. By the end, Takari was clinging to Tehlmar, and Makaela had her fingers pressed to her forehead as if she were fighting a headache.

"So stubborn," she breathed. A tear trickled down her cheek. "I always knew that Erlan was paid to kill people ... but I never imagined he would participate in something like this."

Takari reached over and put one hand on her mother's knee. She didn't say anything, just held it there. It was all she could do to comfort her mother.

Mirania clasped her hands together. "We're aware that it's a lot to take in," she said quietly. "We want to help you. But it wouldn't be fair to do so without telling you what else is going on."

Tehlmar looked more angry than anything. "As far as I'm concerned, you can just go ahead and do whatever it is you've got to do," he muttered.

Takari lowered her gaze, but didn't argue with him. Instead, to explain his attitude to the others, she murmured, "The last time Father believed Tehlmar and I were talking, Father broke Tehlmar's leg."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sun Jan 17, 2016 12:57 am

Miyuki cringed, "Ah... I see... it's a good thing then Mara just amused by the whole thing, which I think amounted to her not giving him permission to leave."

She would hate to see what the man would have done to Tehlmar if he was allowed to go back. Still, this was a bit uncomfortable for her.

"I was honest when I asked what he did for a living. I thought that maybe he was just a guard since that is what he's doing currently..."

But it didn't remove the fact that anyone who was that violent around other people, probably didn't care for the life of anyone not of his race.

"Anyhow... as Mirania said, it wouldn't be fair if we didn't tell you. We won't be traveling until we understand the scope of Mara's plans, and then we need to stop her. There's something in Eausin she wants, and the thing about Water Elves is, they can be very isolated from the ones on land. They only stay on land to raise the very young who don't yet have the Gift to breath underwater. Their colonies come and go, which means any colony they set up is endanger as long as there is interest in that area."

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sun Jan 17, 2016 1:10 am

"Not to mention anything else she might be doing," Lamruil murmured.

Makaela reached up and wiped the tear from her cheek, then turned to the others and attempted a smile. "Well, there is nothing we can do now," she said softly, "and we do have a feast to prepare. Takari invited you all to spend the night, yes? Then let us feast and celebrate, and we will think about what you have told us. Perhaps by morning we will know what to do."

They rose to start preparing the meal, but before anyone could go anywhere, Tehlmar spoke up. "Um ... just so that everyone knows, my parents still don't know about me and Takari, so if you could keep from saying anything about us, or about the baby, or anything ... we'd both appreciate it."

"Of course," Mirania nodded. It was a pity his parents couldn't know, but they had to respect the situation.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sun Jan 17, 2016 1:14 am

Miyuki nodded, "Yes, we'll make sure not to mention anything."

It wouldn't do for more people to be upset, and she wasn't sure how his parents would feel about something like this.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sun Jan 17, 2016 1:37 am

Tehlmar returned home to let his parents know about the invitation and to help his father out with chores, and Lamruil and the women worked together to prepare the feast while Cael slept the afternoon away, recovering from the task of healing Makaela. Despite the serious conversation they'd had, the conversation was lighthearted and enjoyable. The travelers learned some new recipes from Takari and Makaela, who in turn learned some new recipes from the travelers.

Late in the afternoon, Tehlmar and his parents arrived. His father, Tasar, was warm and friendly, but his wife, Elora, was coolly cordial, though she did show pleasure at seeing Makaela walking again. Cael and Miyuki were disguised once more, and everyone was careful not to say anything about Tehlmar and Takari, and once the meal was over, Tasar and Elora returned home again. Tehlmar stayed back to help with the cleaning up - though once the travelers set up the tent and went in for the night, he still stayed to talk with Takari and Makaela.

When the travelers woke the next morning, the smell of breakfast was already wafting out of the house's empty windows. Clearly, someone else was already awake.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sun Jan 17, 2016 11:18 pm

"That smells good," Miyuki murmured as she poked her head out of the tent.

That is after her disguise was put on, just in case anyone else was out during these early morning hours.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sun Jan 17, 2016 11:24 pm

Cael, also disguised, stepped out of the tent behind Miyuki and inhaled deeply. "It certainly does," he murmured, smiling blissfully.

"Shall we clean up the tent now or later, when we know what's going on?" Lamruil asked, stepping outside as well.

"Oh, at least wait until after breakfast," Cael chuckled.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sun Jan 17, 2016 11:35 pm

"I'm up for waiting until after breakfast at least," Miyuki replied, "But I'm also kind of hungry."

Despite the fact she woke up not that long ago. Making a beeline for the door, the kitsune waited for at least everyone else to get out of the tent first.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sun Jan 17, 2016 11:47 pm

Lancaeriel and Mirania were a few minutes slower in coming outside, but they did, talking quietly together.

"You didn't have to wait for us," Lancaeriel smiled at the group when she saw that they were still waiting to go inside.

Cael chuckled. "Nonsense. We can't go in without our wives. How would that look?" He linked arms with Lancaeriel and opened the door for the others to lead the way inside.

Inside, Takari and Makaela were both working in the kitchen, preparing breakfast. It looked somewhat like pancakes, but different at the same time: perhaps more like crepes than pancakes, though still different from those as well. There was also a sauce simmering on the stove top, and it was this that smelled so wonderful.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:05 am

"Ooo..." Miyuki murmured as she stepped into the kitchen, "What's that?"

She asked the two women who were preparing breakfast, it looked familiar but unfamiliar at the same time.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:27 am

"Flatcakes," Takari replied with a smile. "Good morning. Syrup for putting on top, and fresh coconut milk to drink. There are several ready already, so take a seat and you can start eating. It's best while it's fresh."

The table was already set for seven, and Makaela was tending the syrup on the stove. The cups on the table already had the milk poured in them, and the travelers moved immediately to sit down.

"I have to say, it smells wonderful," Mirania said warmly as they sat.

"Thank you," Takari smiled. "Here." She brought over the flatcakes that were ready and passed them out.

As Cael held out a chair for his wife to sit down, he looked at their hostesses and asked, "Did you have a chance to talk last night?" He didn't want to pry, but they did need to know what was going to happen so that they could prepare accordingly.

Takari and Makaela exchanged a look. "We ... did," Takari said hesitantly.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Mon Jan 18, 2016 7:04 pm

Miyuki didn't say anything, instead she helped herself to breakfast but gave her attention to the two women. This was a hard choice for them, so they had to decide for themselves.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Mon Jan 18, 2016 7:22 pm

"That sounds ominous," Lancaeriel said softly.

"Well," Takari murmured, "we ... were hoping we could ask something of you all. It is an enormous thing to ask, especially after all you have already offered to do for us."

Cael smiled encouragingly. "Well, you never know until you ask. What is it?"

Takari took a deep breath. "We were hoping that ... we could ask you to return in a few days, or a week, perhaps. After you've dealt with ... with Father's employer. If Mother were to write him a letter - not to tell him what we know, but simply to ask him to come home ..."

"And if he does not come home," Makaela added, her tone distressed, "then you must do with him as with the others that are a part of the operation. It will be answer enough for me."

"Answer?" Mirania said questioningly.

Makaela turned her back to the others to attend the flatcakes that were still cooking. "To the question of what means more to him," she murmured. "If his work means more to him than I do, then I would like to go with Takari and Tehlmar. I can do without my daughter, knowing she is happy; or if my husband would rather kill people than be with his family then I can do without him ... but I could not do without them both."

Now that was a scary thought. The travelers were quiet as they thought about what the implications were.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next