The World of Arda
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wandering Through Wolsic - 119 4A

2 posters

Page 16 of 16 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16

Go down

Wandering Through Wolsic - 119 4A - Page 16 Empty Re: Wandering Through Wolsic - 119 4A

Post by Kara Winters Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:36 am

Miyuki had spent a good portion of her time working on the water runes (after she had finished fire proofing Shoneah's room). Though there were times she just needed to move, and when the sitting became much she would gather her Pokemon and go train.

While still using the staff, she had also been working more with her fans, incorporating illusions with her daily katas. Fans were a very good medium to launch an illusion she found. Despite not being quite where she would like with the water runes, she was more than happy to be packing up and heading on to somewhere new.

"Where are we heading now?"

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Wandering Through Wolsic - 119 4A - Page 16 Empty Re: Wandering Through Wolsic - 119 4A

Post by Nara-pyon Sun Jul 20, 2014 11:05 pm

"Jielam," Kyrie replied, hiding a grimace.

It was a country that she didn't like to visit, but she had promised to show them each and every country, and she was a woman of her word.

"We should reach the border by tomorrow lunch time," she added, "perhaps even in the morning. But we may have trouble getting in."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

https://twoarda.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:30 am

"How well do they guard their borders?" Lin asked.

Jielam, if she recalled correctly was one of the few countries by the White Elves, which meant they were going to have to be on their guard during their stay there.

Miyuki was surprised they were coming to that point so quickly, it felt like they weren't prepared enough for that.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:32 am

"The best of any country," Kyrie replied grimly. "They are quite serious about not having anything to do with any of the other nations or people. How the dark elves snuck me in to Mailon the first time, I will never know."

Shoneah blinked in surprise and turned to look at the White Elf. She had known that he and Kyrie had past history together, but she had no idea what it was, and this was the first that anyone had mentioned it since she had simply been told that they had history.

But her curiosity was not to be satisfied yet.

"I may have an idea to get you all into the country," Mailon offered hesitantly.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:34 pm

Miyuki tilted her head, she could hear the hesitation as if he didn't know if they would accept the idea, or maybe he wasn't sure if it was a good one.

"What did you have in mind?" Lin asked, curious as to what Malion was thinking.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:25 pm

"Nothing complicated," Mailon smiled softly, "but ... it is a matter of trust."

And though he did not look at Kyrie, she was fully aware that she was the one he was referring to.

"You see, I've noted that Senka stays in the tent rather often when we travel," he went on after barely a pause, "despite the fact that it has been packed away. If all of you were to stay inside, I could pack the tent away in my bag, take you all across the border, and let you all out when it is safe again."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:20 pm

"Oh... yea, we've done that before with the smaller tents, it worked perfectly last time," Miyuki replied.

It wasn't the first time they had done that trick after all.

"What do you think?" Lin asked Kyrie.

Lin herself had no issues, but she knew Kyrie would have the most trust issue out of all of them. Also, Kyrie had not been on the receiving end the last time they did this trick.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:36 pm

Kyrie did take a minute to think about it, her gaze fixed on Mailon. She would be the first (or second, since Miyuki had already done so) to agree that it was indeed a good idea - but as much as she wished she could show the same trust that the rest of the group had in the White Elf, she couldn't.

But what other choice did they have? She still didn't know, to this day, how she had been sneaked into the country the first time, and the way she had escaped it was not a method they could use to infiltrate it.

Finally, she nodded. "I think we could do that," she agreed quietly. "But on one condition. Uruloki goes with you."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:48 pm

Lin wasn't surprised there was a condition. It meant that Kyrie didn't quite trust him, but found no other way around it.

"Are you alright with that?" she asked Mailon in turn.

Not that he would have a choice, but it wouldn't hurt to ask.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:53 pm

Mailon smiled faintly. "Have I any right to refuse?" he asked softly in return.

"I have a question," Shoneah spoke up, her brow furrowed with confusion. "If this place is so dangerous, why is it so important that we go there? If you just need to learn about it, why not have someone tell you about it?"

It was clear to her that Mailon and Kyrie were both familiar with the country, and that both had been there at some time or other; so why risk so much (as it sounded quite dangerous) just for the sake of passing through it?
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:13 pm

That was a good question actually. After all it wouldn't be the first time Earendil had to map from above, so they didn't technically need to see the ground, though with the way his eye sight was now and all the white they probably will seeing, it was unlikely he could now map from above.

"Part of it is mapping," Lin admitted, "It'll be easier to map from below with all the snow and somewhat easier to see, but the other reason to see for ourselves. Sometimes to really understand what is going on you have to see for yourself, now we won't be going into any settlements because no one will let us there."

"But in the end, to see it for yourself is how you'll learn best," Miyuki added.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:33 pm

"Just keep your weapons handy," Mailon said quietly, his eyes sad.

"That reminds me, though," Lancaeriel spoke up, "I think I've discovered a way to make our tent invisible to all but us. And to protect it from people stumbling into it accidentally. But it will require a contribution from everyone in our group."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sat Jul 26, 2014 11:14 pm

"What do you need from us?" Lin asked.

They might as well do it now before they cross the border.

"And will you need it from the dragons and Pokemon as well?" Miyuki added.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sat Jul 26, 2014 11:31 pm

"Blood," Lancaeriel replied seriously, not certain how the others would take it. "Just a drop or two, but yes, I would need it from absolutely everyone who we would like to see the tent. Pokemon, dragons, Senka ... everyone. Otherwise they won't be able to find it at all. The second spell will - I hope - be attached to the camouflage one, so if they don't contribute they will probably never find it back again."

Unless of course someone went out and searched for them, but that would be quite troublesome.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sun Jul 27, 2014 12:09 am

Miyuki wasn't surprised that it would be blood, it was generally a good way to restrict anything using runes.

"We probably should do that before crossing the border then," Lin murmured.

She kind of figured that too, and so wasn't surprised by the answer.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:25 pm

Lancaeriel nodded. "Well, if I could get a drop of everyone's blood before we set off, I can work on it while we travel and then hopefully have it ready to put on the tent before we enter the country. We'll have to take it out to hide in it anyways, I could do it then."

Until then, it was just a matter of finding the right rune array, especially considering that she was going to have to make it a double spell.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:59 pm

"Okay then, we'll do that before traveling again," Lin replied.

Using a clean sewing needle, they all gave a drop of blood for Lancaeriel's work before packing up again. Getting it from all the travelers was easy, and the Pokemon were relatively well behaved for this process as well. Miyuki had to go look for Senka and get blood from her though.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:08 am

Since it would take some time for Lancaeriel to work everything out, and time was of the essence now that they were traveling again, she chose to stay inside the tent and work while the others continued their march towards the border. Cael of course offered to help her, but for once she insisted on working alone, claiming that she would work best without distraction - something most people agreed with.

Once the tent was packed up, and Lancaeriel inside it, they set off once again. Some were eager to see the next country, and others were anxious, but all their thoughts were fixed on it.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 16 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16