The World of Arda
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dashing Through Dolerum (119 4A)

2 posters

Page 8 of 26 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 17 ... 26  Next

Go down

Dashing Through Dolerum (119 4A) - Page 8 Empty Re: Dashing Through Dolerum (119 4A)

Post by Kara Winters Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:32 pm

"I'm glad," Miyuki replied with a smile, "I've been traveling since I was a baby with my family so a home like this actually makes a lot of sense for my family. I know my parents have always talked about where they might consider settling down, but I wonder if they actually would."

It would be kind of boring to her to settle down in one place.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Dashing Through Dolerum (119 4A) - Page 8 Empty Re: Dashing Through Dolerum (119 4A)

Post by Nara-pyon Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:44 pm

"But now that you've seen it, we should be getting back," Kyrie reminded her brother quietly. "Come."

"Wait, Miyuki said she would have questions for Khetal about his room first," Wren pointed out. "Surely a few more minutes couldn't make that much of a difference."

Khetal blinked, remembering suddenly that Miyuki had indeed said something to that effect. "Well, certainly we have time for questions," he agreed, "though I'm not sure what I could tell her ..."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

https://twoarda.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:47 pm

"I just need to know what you might need for your room," Miyuki laughed, "Nothing complicated. Some of us like to work in our rooms, so do you need a worktable and desk or will a desk just do. All our rooms, except for Daenis use a bed set called futons, but if you'd like a bed to more what you're use to we can arrange that. I would also like to know what sort of things you like, because well you're going to be with us for many years so you might as well get comfortable."

She made it sound so easy, and maybe it was.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:54 pm

"Ah, of course," Khetal nodded, smiling. His eyes were thoughtful, and he fell into silence for a moment. Finally he sighed softly. "I would like to continue my work while we travel ... but rather than simply tell you about what things I would need, it may be simpler to show you my research station here."

"Tomorrow," Kyrie laughed. "The day is getting on."

Khetal smiled. "If that works, then. Shall we plan for that, Miyuki?"
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sat Nov 22, 2014 11:13 pm

"Okay then!" Miyuki nodded, "Tomorrow after breakfast? Unless you want it for the afternoon?"

She didn't know what his schedule was, for all she knew maybe he would be busy in the morning.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sat Nov 22, 2014 11:24 pm

"After breakfast is fine," Khetal assured Miyuki. "I'll come here to get you, all right?"

"And I'll make sure he doesn't forget, though I can't promise I'll be with him," Kyrie added with a grin. "And I'll see if I can't wrangle Gwen into making something sweet for everyone."

"You're about the only person she'd do that for, too," Khetal chuckled. "Well, until then."

He nodded his head respectfully at Miyuki before following after Kyrie.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sat Nov 22, 2014 11:55 pm

Miyuki called out a good bye before watching the two leave.

"Maybe I should get Shiro to come with me," Miyuki mused once they had left.

Because it occurred to her that Shiro would be interested in that sort of thing.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sat Nov 22, 2014 11:59 pm

"And maybe Daeron, if he's going to be making the furniture for Khetal," Wren suggested, closing off the section for the Pokemon training again. "He'll need to know what size to make things, too."

She chuckled. "And now that we're somewhere we can get the supplies he needs, he can actually make things properly."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:03 pm

"Hmmm...." Miyuki murmured thoughtfully as she opened the dojo door again, letting Wren go first, "We should also make a list of what we need now that we are in a town. I'm sure there have been things we've been putting off because we just didn't have the items we needed."

She had trouble thinking of what they could be off the top of her head, but she was sure there was something.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:39 pm

"Well then why not bring it up at dinner tonight?" Wren suggested, slipping past Miyuki into the hallway. "Everyone will be there then, we won't have to worry about missing anyone."

She was eager for some more gardening tools, herself. They hadn't had many to start with, and they lacked the materials to make more.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:13 pm

"That's a good idea," Miyuki agreed.

That being said, she wondered if Daenis would need any help with dinner tonight.

"I should think of any projects that might need to be done..."

But Miyuki couldn't think of anything really, she did manage to get a chest of drawers before they had gotten too far south and she could rune those if she needed to. Though she could ask for another tub or so she could make another bathing room. There was that....

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:42 pm

Wren chuckled softly. "Another project? You already have a bedroom and a bath room to do. Isn't that enough for the moment? Or do you mean for once we're on the go again?"

Since it was sometimes hard to tell with Miyuki, she seemed to enjoy keeping herself busy. She knew that she herself was going to be busy with the gardens.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:15 pm

"I mean once we're on the move. I mean... yes, it will take work to make a bedroom and bathroom, but it's nothing that I haven't already done," Miyuki explained.

The thought had occurred to her when someone was explaining the "ice box" though, which made her think.

"Forgot who now, but someone was talking about the box we use to keep foods fresh. Now it's called an 'ice box' which is what is normally used to store and preserved foods, but it's not technically a box that keeps things cold. I mean... it is, and it can, but it doesn't preserve food by being cold, but the idea of a box that actually is cold on the inside sounds like a fine idea to me."

The kitsune shrugged a bit as she said this.

"I mean, if you had a box that is cold, like freezing cold, you could put water into molds and freeze it. Make ice cream without waiting to go north. There are foods that you could make, that often requires heat, but then cool them down faster or even further to make it taste better in a moderate cold box."

She then paused and added.

"And really this idea is probably more useful to someone who cooks or experiments in cooking."

It was amazing no one had suggested controlled heating yet to her.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:24 pm

Wren considered the idea. "Haven't you already done something similar with Daenis' room?" she asked. "If you can make a whole room a cool temperature, why can't you make a box a colder temperature?"

To her, there wasn't much difference - but she didn't know how much room Miyuki needed for the runes. Not that she knew much about runes in the first place, except that they could be used for amazing things.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:32 pm

"I had, and it's easy for a room because you can inscribe it into the walls or onto the floor," Miyuki replied, "And I could, inscribe the same array to the inside of a box, but that is a bit of a pain. It's much easier to be able to etch the array to the outside of the box. That's actually a minor adjustment..."

The kitsune paused and tilted her head.

"I think. Really, I just want to do this to make further excuses to make ice cream and iced tea whenever the mood strikes. Actually, I don't think I've ever made iced tea for anyone... huh... I've made ice cream though."

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:47 pm

"Not while I was around, because I have no idea what that is," Wren grinned. "I look forward to being able to try it, though."

When they entered the kitchen, Daenis was sitting at the table with Ira, stroking the Glaceon gently and murmuring softly to it. Both of them turned to look when Wren and Miyuki entered the room, and Daenis smiled at them.

"A successful tour?" she asked them brightly.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:01 pm

"I think so," Miyuki nodded,"He certainly was interested, I think introducing him to Shiro and Lanceriael would be well worth it in the future. I mean, we had introduced ourselves, but I think he needs to really be introduced to people."

That and maybe it would get him to worry less because he worried a bit too much for her liking to the point of being mildly unreasonable.

"I just hope we don't end up in a situation he might freak out about."

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:04 pm

Daenis blinked. "Beg your pardon?" she said abruptly. "What do you mean?"

"Freak out?" Wren repeated, equally curious, though perhaps a little less surprised, having seen how Khetal had so easily become upset by mere mentions of past activites.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:44 pm

"Well... upset... not quite hysterical but it might take him a while to calm down. He might not like some of the situations we might get into," Miyuki explained, "He might even not want us or Kyrie to enter into particular places or do particular things. I mean... we sort of have a habit, not on purpose, of ending up in trouble, or interesting situations, or things that sound bad at first..."

She shrugged while looking at the two, because she was only guessing.

"I mean it's that or they're going to argue. Kyrie has always struck me as really independent, the kind of worrying that Khetal does, in itself is a bit worrying."

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:49 pm

"Sounds to me like you're the one worrying now," Wren grinned at Miyuki. "Who knows? Maybe he'll end up being as solid as anyone else in situations like we tend to get into. Besides, even if he is a worry wort, do you really see that stopping us from doing what we'd planned on doing, or making Kyrie change her mind about anything?"

Daenis couldn't help but giggle. "I know I haven't known all of you long, but I can't see Kyrie changing her mind for anyone. Once she makes up her mind about something, she seems not to care much what others think of it."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:13 pm

"She does," Miyuki agreed, "Ah well... that is something for the future. Until then, I guess we have some time to spare before dinner. Daenis, do you need any help preparing?"

Since they couldn't ask anyone what they wanted or needed until everyone was gathered at dinner time.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:28 pm

Daenis glanced over her shoulder at the meal that was cooking. "Well, it's mostly a matter of waiting now, but if you've nothing else to do, I would not mind the company."

Ira hopped off the table and into his mistress's lap so that he would not be too much of a distraction for her while she spent some time with Miyuki.

The following morning, as promised, Khetal and Kyrie returned just as the group was finishing their breakfast.

"Hello," Kyrie called into the tent as she led her brother inside. She grinned when she saw everyone. "Wonderful, I'm not waking anyone. Not that I thought I would." She laughed.

Khetal appeared beside her, smiling faintly with a smile that didn't quite reach his eyes. He looked around at everyone in silence, nodding a greeting to each one individually until his eyes came to rest on Mailon. His smile remained, but his eyes grew cold.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:33 pm

"No, you made it in time for breakfast," Lin assured her, "If you both haven't eaten yet, feel free to come join us."

"Oh hey!" Miyuki waved, "Khetal, do you mind if Shiro and Eron come with? That is, if you guys want to see where Khetal does his research?"

She actually hadn't asked the two yet, but she thought they would like it.

Eron thought about it, he didn't really have a research station, more like a place where he would do chemistry. As long as it was safe, he tried to stay away from anything harmful since it was in his room.

"If that's alright."

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:53 pm

"We've eaten," Kyrie assured Lin with a grin. "Lynliss would never let us leave without eating. Don't let us stop you enjoying it though."

Shiro blinked at Miyuki. "Research?" he repeated. His voice had a bit of a purr to it, not the same way Kaito did when he heard of something he really wanted, but still enough to show just how interested he was. "I'd love to come."

Khetal looked at Shiro and then at Eron, and then his smile widened slightly and his eyes grew warmer. "Sure," he agreed. "They can come. Just be sure not to touch anything, that's all I ask. I'm not researching anything myself, personally, but Lynliss has a few things going."

"Oh, don't worry," Shiro grinned. "We're both experienced with laboratories, we know not to touch."

Khetal arched one eyebrow. "Oh?" he asked. "What's your experience?"
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:23 pm

"I work in the field of chemistry," Eron explained, "Shiro works.... in everything."

He glanced over at Shiro, having worked closely with Shiro many times had taught Eron that there was very little the neko didn't know. It made it very easy to make experiments that crossed fields, but very hard to keep up with him sometimes.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 26 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 17 ... 26  Next