The World of Arda
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dashing Through Dolerum (119 4A)

2 posters

Page 11 of 26 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 18 ... 26  Next

Go down

Dashing Through Dolerum (119 4A) - Page 11 Empty Re: Dashing Through Dolerum (119 4A)

Post by Nara-pyon Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:34 pm

Gwen grimaced and stepped fully inside. "Yes ... I was looking for them, actually." She sighed. "Well, I suppose that's my own fault for not coming directly here. I stopped on the way to talk to a friend ... well, not actually on the way, she lives a bit off the route, but - you know what, never mind." She laughed. "I'm just rambling now."

As energetic as Gwen always was, she actually seemed tired - but considering that it was quite late in the evening, that was understandable.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

https://twoarda.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Dashing Through Dolerum (119 4A) - Page 11 Empty Re: Dashing Through Dolerum (119 4A)

Post by Kara Winters Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:39 pm

"Well, they said they would be heading home so...." Miyuki trailed off.

Did Gwen need them now or was it because it had taken them so long to leave?

"I know they stayed a bit later than probably intended."

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:55 pm

"Much," Gwen smiled. "We were expecting them for dinner. But if they're on their way home now, that's fine. I'll see them at home. Thanks."

Just as she turned to leave, Cael entered the kitchen from the direction of the work rooms. He smiled when he saw Gwen. "Good evening," he greeted her.

"Hello and good night," Gwen laughed. "I'm going to head home. I was looking for Kyrie and Khetal but it seems I missed them."

Once again she turned to leave, but from outside came the sounds of shouting.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:10 pm

Lin, who had just finished cleaning the dishes, frowned at the amount of shouting.

"What on earth?" she muttered as she went to take a peek out of the tent.

"Who's out there?" Miyuki added.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:24 pm

Gwen was just ahead of Lin in stepping outside. There was a group of men - a few teens, but most of them older - in a half-circle around the clearing where the tent was situated.

"Seven," Gwen murmured, frowning. She ran her eyes over the men. She knew all of them, but focused on one of them and frowned deeper. "Jerome," she muttered, just about growling.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:31 pm

"Miyuki... could you go back and get the others," Lin murmured softly as she peeked.

Miyuki peeked out with her mother and became quite alarmed because she had never seen anything like this. Well, she had, from humans but never from elves before. She nodded as she hurried back inside the tent to get the others.

Stepping out carefully, Lin hoped that the group wouldn't do anything foolish, or at least they would hold off of any foolishness for a bit longer. She hadn't felt the need to bring weapons to the dinner table so she was unprepared, but someone had to go out and stall if that was absolutely needed.

"Can I help you gentlemen?" she asked in their tongue, "I'm afraid we're not prepared for having more guests tonight."

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:43 pm

Gwen stepped out with Lin, and since Lin had already spoken to the group, she kept quiet.

A few of the men laughed softly, and one of them stepped forward. "No worries," he grinned at Lin. "That's not exactly our reason for being here." He looked over at Gwen and nodded slightly at her. "Gwen. Didn't expect to see you here."

He emphasized the you, clearly implying something, though what it was wasn't exactly clear.

Gwen folded her arms across her chest. "Unfortunately for you, I can't return the insight," she replied angrily. "What are you doing here, Jerome?"

The man spread his hands in a 'here I am' gesture. "Just came to deliver a message, that's all."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:45 pm

"This seems a bit overkill for a simple message," Lin replied eying the crowd.

It didn't feel like a good thing, after all, not all messages had to be verbal. For the first time in many years, Lin could almost hear her father's voice in the back of her mind.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:53 pm

"Maybe," Jerome smirked, looking back at Lin. "But that depends on the point of view. Some people don't take messages well."

He put his hands behind his head in a relaxed gesture, but the others behind him put their hands to their waists, where they probably had weapons, though they weren't visible in the darkness. Even the men themselves were little more than silhouettes.

Gwen stepped forward angrily. "When are you going to grow up?" she demanded hotly. "Honestly."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:10 pm

Lin didn't say anything but she did think the whole mob thing to give them a message was... unimaginative, which was a weird thing to think in a time of danger.

"Let me guess, you want us to leave and to leave right now?" Lin guessed.

It was the only reason why she could think anyone would need a mob to deliver a message.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:18 pm

The man's smirk grew more pronounced. "Right, and on the first try," he nodded. "Smarter than I gave you credit for."

His eyes moved past Lin as the tent flap opened and Cael stepped out.

"Look," Gwen sighed, "when Kyrie moves on again, they'll be gone."

"Not good enough." Jerome stepped forward. He was tall and muscular, and he was using that to try to appear intimidating, though the effect was negated slightly by the darkness. "Tomorrow."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:23 pm

Despite being much shorter than Jerome and more slight built, Lin didn't look at all intimidated, in fact she looked bored.

Probably because she was having flashbacks to her time spent in high school, that is what he reminded her of, one of those boys from the school she went to on a lark.

"Intelligence has nothing to do with it, people like you are awfully predictable," Lin admitted, mainly because she felt it an insult to her intelligence that he would use such a cliche line when threatening them, "At any rate, if you want us to leave take it up with Kyrie. She's our guide, it's her say not ours."

She said this mainly because she sort of figured he wouldn't take it up with Kyrie. He didn't seem that brave to her for some reason.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:32 pm

The mention of Kyrie's name seemed to irritate Jerome, and he clenched his fists at his sides. "You tell Kyrie," he just about spat, directing his attention at Gwen now, "that she has until tomorrow night to be gone."

"I will not tell my sister to leave," Gwen said firmly.

"Your sister?" Jerome laughed. "That ... person ... is not your si-"

"Don't you dare finish that sentence." Gwen's eyes were smouldering, even in the darkness. "You and your - friends - turn around and get out of here. Now."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:36 pm

Lin wondered if Jerome had a row with Kyrie before, he certainly seemed to dislike her more than he disliked them. She didn't say anything though, because it would probably get the group all started again.

Instead she watched them, to make sure they weren't going to do anything stupid.

Really, attacking them was kind of stupid, but it's not like these brats knew that.

Lin couldn't help but mentally groan, she was channeling her father.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:45 pm

For several seconds, Gwen and Jerome glared at each other, and it was Jerome who gave in first.

"If you weren't the magistrate's daughter," he growled, turning away. He gestured to the others who were with him, and all of them melted into the darkness.

Gwen glared after them for a moment, and then she sighed and turned back to the others. "Sorry about that. Jerome ... is ... has always been awful."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sat Dec 20, 2014 10:18 pm

"I take it he's likes to be the instigator in these little conflicts?" Lin asked.

It was a bit odd because while she was aware that they didn't like outsiders and would be rude, she didn't think they would go so far as to try and drive them off.

Alas though, she was thinking like a Gaian, to her it was impractical to drive other people off if they weren't causing trouble.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sat Dec 20, 2014 10:52 pm

"He does," Gwen agreed. "But it's also personal. Jerome had his eye on Lara for years, even though she ignored him. But then Kyrie asked Lara to go with her on a visit to Ahkshi, Lara met Cantor and they married within the year. Jerome blames Kyrie and has never forgiven her for it. He's tried a few times over the year to start a relationship with me, too, he's one of those guys that just can't accept no for an answer."

She gestured for the others to go back inside. "Come on, I'll stay with you. He won't do anything if I'm here." She wrinkled her nose. "I hope."

"Shouldn't someone let your family know?" Cael asked quietly.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sat Dec 20, 2014 11:31 pm

"Cael has a point," Lin murmured.

Surely the man wouldn't be that stupid, but then again if everyone else was like this than maybe no one would care if their tent got burned or something equally as bad.

Miyuki by this time poked her head out, "Are they gone? I got the others but it took a while..."

And some people had already called it a night.

"Do you want me to get Lanceriael to set up the security runes? Well I guess we would have to move the tent for that to work though..."

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sat Dec 20, 2014 11:35 pm

"Don't worry about the runes," Cael assured Miyuki. "Gwen has offered to stay for now. I will go let her family know where she is. Knowing Kyrie, she will come up with a plan of some kind."

"Why you?" Gwen frowned at Cael.

He shrugged. "I am Dark Elven. I should be safe. And if not, I can defend myself without hurting anyone."

"Fair enough," Gwen murmured. "You know the way?"

Cael nodded. "Yes."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sat Dec 20, 2014 11:49 pm

Miyuki blinked, well that was quite sudden.

"Well... if that's the case," the kitsune replied, "Would you like me to show you to Kyrie's room?"

She inquired to Gwen, it was a bit late to set up a new room and Kyrie's room was there and the two were sisters so....

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sat Dec 20, 2014 11:53 pm

"Thanks," Gwen murmured to Miyuki as Cael went off, "but I'll just stay by the door so that I can hear if Jerome comes back. It's best if we don't let him get close. There's no telling what he'll do."

She stepped into the tent and took a good look around. She had been in there shortly before, but hadn't had a chance to really look around.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sun Dec 21, 2014 9:59 pm

Lin stepped in after Gwen, since Cael had went off. She looked to see who was in the kitchen and who she would have to explain what had happened. Lin noted that Miyuki had also let her Pokemon out, all of them sitting perfectly in a row, a bit anxious about what happened.

Well, almost... Suki was sitting (innocently) on Ryo's tail to keep him from running out of the tent. Maybe he was a bit too eager to help.

"They're gone guys, for now," Miyuki paused, "That means you can stop trying to run out the door Ryo."

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sun Dec 21, 2014 10:04 pm

Most of the others had already gone to bed for the night (though Shoneah and Andarien had gone to the forge to put their new materials away), and only Lancaeriel was still in the living room. She had heard the voices outside, but had also heard the matter being taken care of and so had not bothered going out.

"Where's Cael?" she asked softly, noting his absence when the others came in.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sun Dec 21, 2014 10:17 pm

"Gwen is staying with us in hopes it'll keep unwanted guests away, so Cael went to tell her family so they wouldn't get worried," Lin explained, "He should be back in a while."

Though Lin hoped that Gwen didn't plan to stay up all night in the kitchen, that would make for a long night.

"Is there anything I can do to make you more comfortable?" Lin asked Gwen.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sun Dec 21, 2014 10:21 pm

Gwen peered into the living room. The partition to it was wide open, so she had a clear view.

"I can stay here," she murmured, eying the couch and Kaito's pile of cushions. "A blanket, perhaps, but aside from that I should be fine. Thank you."

"Anything to eat?" Lancaeriel offered. "Drink?"

Gwen shook her head. "Thank you, no. I wouldn't mind some company, though." She smiled. "I'm not often alone. I rather enjoy talking with people."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 26 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 18 ... 26  Next