The World of Arda
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Inching through Illsbruic - 119 4A

2 posters

Page 9 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Inching through Illsbruic - 119 4A - Page 9 Empty Re: Inching through Illsbruic - 119 4A

Post by Nara-pyon Sun May 24, 2015 11:59 pm

Shoneah sighed as she approached Eron's work desk. She knelt down next to him so that their conversation could be at least partially private.

"He was crying," she told him softly, "but I can't tell why. When I spoke to him, he said he was starting to feel better ... but then when I asked him what had caused him to feel sick in the first place, he started feeling sick again. Something about when you were telling him why Daeron and I were the ones to go to the base, something I was being trained to do ..."

Which didn't make sense to her, but if Eron could tell her exactly what he'd said, perhaps she could work something out.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

https://twoarda.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Inching through Illsbruic - 119 4A - Page 9 Empty Re: Inching through Illsbruic - 119 4A

Post by Kara Winters Mon May 25, 2015 12:10 am

Eron sighed and set his cleaning tools down.

"I was mentioning how you were being trained to lead your tribe," Eron explained, "I'm not sure why that would trigger an emotional reaction, and I'm sure that is the case. It probably turned physical because he doesn't really know how to read his own emotions at all...."

Which made it harder when everyone else was trying to.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Mon May 25, 2015 11:01 am

Shoneah thought about the comment for a moment in silence. The comment, coupled with things others had told her, gave her two thoughts - both of which were quite possible, and she didn't know which it would be. Or which she would like it to be.

"I can think of two possibilities," she told him softly. "Either it reminded him of the fact that I am highly trained and that he has no need to protect me, which brings his difficulties back to the fore and would upset him, or it reminded him that one day I will be returning to my people. I don't know if I would still be in position to become their leader, but I will be going back."

Which, if the second were the case, it would mean that he didn't want her to leave. Perhaps, then, she should distance herself from him a bit? Try to make him less dependent on her?
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Mon May 25, 2015 9:23 pm

Eron wondered if he should tell Shoneah what he though for a moment before deciding it was probably for the best.

"Honestly it's probably the latter," Eron went back to his cleaning, he paused and then added, "Granted I think he really likes you, but that's a different kettle fish."

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Mon May 25, 2015 9:33 pm

Shoneah blushed lightly and brushed her hair away from her face. "Daeron said something similar," she murmured, "and while I'm quite fond of him myself, I can't stay here. I need to get back to my family. My brother. My tribe. I don't belong here."

Yes, she was enjoying their journey, and she was not as homesick as she had once been, but still, she wanted to go home.

"You know what I mean, right?" she asked Eron quietly. "This just isn't our world."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Mon May 25, 2015 9:40 pm

"You mean there's just nothing to keep us in this world," Eron corrected softly, "After all, this world wasn't Lin's neither."

Like many of the couples traveling with them, Lin and Earendil's story set off the romantic hidden in most people. It took a lot of love to leave a completely different world to be in another. Though Eron did also figure it was because Lin was far more suited for this life. Had she not met Earendil, she probably would have been one of those Gaian adventurers finding something new to discover.

"You have your home, and it's still your home. It makes sense to want to go back..."

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Mon May 25, 2015 9:48 pm

Shoneah blinked as she thought about what Eron had said. Was it that it wasn't her world? Or was it that there simply wasn't anything to keep her here?

She wasn't sure.

She decided to go with his final comment. This wasn't her home. Her home was in Gaia, in the mountains of Europe.

"Anyways, I promised Andarien I'd go back to him again once I let people know how he was doing," she murmured. "I think I'd best do that."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Mon May 25, 2015 10:35 pm

"Sure," Eron nodded absently.

He wasn't going to push it, Eron respected the fact Shoneah wanted to go back to her life after this trip was over. As for Eron, well, he didn't think he would stay here, but right now it was hard to imagine him going back to teaching chemistry to high school kids.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Mon May 25, 2015 10:49 pm

Shoneah headed back to Andarien, and the others went about their own tasks. Someone stayed on lookout at all times, waiting and watching for Lashrael's fiance to arrive. The afternoon passed, and then the evening. Lashrael took up a post outside and refused to go back in, even after hours had passed. Kyrie suggested that they not let her out there alone, and so the people of the traveling group took turns sitting with her.

Then night fell. It was the first night of a new moon, so there was actually no moon to be seen, which meant that the night was dark. There were stars in the sky, and while they were brighter than in Gaia, they still were not enough to illuminate the area.

Suddenly, Lashrael sat up straighter, her ears straining to hear something in the darkness. Had she heard something?
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Mon May 25, 2015 11:12 pm

Lin was sitting outside with Lashrael when it happened. Though what it was, Lin wasn't sure, her hearing was good but elves were still very quiet people and so there wasn't much she could do hearing wise. Still, she paid attention to Lashrael's reaction as it gave her an idea of she should be worried or not.

The angel didn't say a word, if it was dangerous, best not to say anything.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Mon May 25, 2015 11:40 pm

Lashrael continued to listen carefully, turning her head slightly in different directions, but all was still. There wasn't even a breeze to help dissipate the humidity in the air. Finally, shaking her head as her hopes faded, she relaxed again and settled in once more to wait.

"Lashrael?" a voice came suddenly out of the inky blackness.

Lashrael jumped, her heart beating wildly. "Jassin?" she whispered loudly, hardly daring to believe her ears.

A shadow emerged from the thick undergrowth next to the path, and a man's silhouette appeared faintly in the starlight. He was tall and muscular and had shaggy hair, but that was about all that could be told about him in the darkness. He dropped the bag he was carrying and stepped forward, and Lashrael let out a whimpering cry and rushed towards him, then threw her arms around him and began to kiss him repeatedly. The man chuckled softly and returned the kisses, holding her so tightly that it was as if he were afraid to let go of her.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Mon May 25, 2015 11:50 pm

Lin looked away to try and give the two a bit from privacy. At least as much as she could without leaving the area.

She was glad to see Lashrael happy though, much better than when they first met.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Mon May 25, 2015 11:54 pm

At length, Jassin pulled slightly away from Lashrael and ran his fingers through her hair.

"I want to ask you so many questions," he murmured softly, "but my presence will be noticed soon, if it hasn't already. We need to get going."

"In here," Lashrael urged him, tugging him towards the tent. "They say we can keep hidden in here."

Jassin picked up his bag and approached Lin and the tent. His night vision was fairly keen, and he eyed Lin suspiciously. "And who is this?" he asked Lashrael, clearly not expecting Lin to speak their language.

Lashrael smiled and held his arm. "This is Lin, one of the people who are going to get us out of the country. Lin, this is Jassin, my fiance."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Tue May 26, 2015 12:09 am

"Hi Jassin," Lin waved at him, "It's nice to meet you."

She then paused as she remembered the thing about the tent.

"We're going to need a drop of his blood, otherwise he's not going to see the tent and feel compelled to walk in the other direction, let me go get Lanceriael," Lin told the couple going to get her.

Lin didn't know how to add people to the tent, so that was kind of needed.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Tue May 26, 2015 12:14 am

Jassin blinked in surprise when Lin replied in his language, but then he smiled and nodded in greeting. When Lin spoke about blood and leaving and Lancaeriel, he looked to Lashrael curiously.

"This tent is protected by magic," Lashrael explained to him as they went inside. "Only certain people can see the tent when the protection is activated, and they need some of your blood to allow you to see it, too. Lancaeriel is the one who takes care of that, she's apparently quite a powerful magic-user."

"Ah ..." Jassin nodded. Inside, he stopped dead and looked around, shocked by the size of the tent's interior. Lashrael laughed softly at the look on his face, and while Lin went off to get Lancaeriel, she explained her understanding of how everything worked.

Lancaeriel was fast asleep, as it was the middle of the night, but having left word for whoever was on watch with Lashrael when Jassin would finally arrive to wake her, she had no expectations of sleeping through the night. Accordingly, she had remained partially dressed when she went to bed, and had left the door open a few inches.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Tue May 26, 2015 10:41 pm

Lin knocked on the door frame in order to keep the privacy of the couple who was sleeping inside the room.

"Lancaeriel," Lin called out softly, "Jassin has arrived."

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Tue May 26, 2015 10:47 pm

Lancaeriel started slightly and rubbed her eyes. She cautiously pulled the blankets back and slipped out of the futon she and Cael shared, and then tiptoed silently towards the door.

"Thank you, Lin," she murmured softly, squinting in the light of the corridor. "Kitchen?"
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Wed May 27, 2015 9:21 pm

"Yes," Lin nodded, "They're catching up at the moment."

Or gawking at the kitchen, both were quite possible. It reminded Lin that if the two were to travel with them, they would also need the gift of languages as well. For safety reasons.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Wed May 27, 2015 9:36 pm

Lancaeriel smiled sleepily. "Understandable," she murmured. "Cael and I had some catching up to do when we reunited."

She followed Lin to the kitchen. Lashrael and Jassin were still standing together, their hands tightly clasped. It seemed as though Lashrael was explaining the tent to Jassin, telling him where everything were - presumably, she had already told him how it was possible.

When Lin and Lancaeriel entered the kitchen, the couple turned towards them again.

"Jassin, Lancaeriel," Lashrael introduced her.

Jassin bowed his head slightly to Lancaeriel. "I understand you need some blood from me?"
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Wed May 27, 2015 9:53 pm

Lin stepped off to the side and let Lancaeriel do her work. This was something she had no knowledge of, even though she was around it all the time.

It was amazing that they were gathering more people, really at this rate they were going to become a small town.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Wed May 27, 2015 10:04 pm

Lancaeriel stepped forward, asking for a blade, and Jassin handed her a freshly sharpened sword. She pricked his finger and got a few drops of his blood, and then, before heading outside to add it to the array, she turned back to Lin.

"Do you mind making sure they get settled in all right?" she murmured. "I know it's quite late, and I'm sure you'd like to get back to your husband ..."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Wed May 27, 2015 10:14 pm

"I don't mind," Lin assured Lancaeriel.

She was headed that way anyways, even if their room was at the end of the hall.

Lin motioned for the couple to follow even though she knew Lashrael knew the way already. It had been her room since she joined them.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Wed May 27, 2015 10:18 pm

Lashrael leaned down to pick up Jassin's bag for him and took his hand to lead him after Lin.

"Just how many of you are there in here?" Jassin asked in disbelief when he saw the long row of doors. His voice was hushed, but even so, the awe in his tone was evident.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Wed May 27, 2015 10:30 pm

"I think...." Lin had to think about it, "There are at least twenty of us in the group..."

She had lost count after a while, but she was sure the number was around there.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Wed May 27, 2015 10:34 pm

Jassin looked at Lashrael, but she just smiled and shook her head. "Don't ask me," she murmured. "It's too late at night and my mind is otherwise occupied, so I can't name them all for you."

"At least two of them are Earth Elves, like us, though, right?" Jassin asked curiously.

Lashrael stifled a giggle as they approached the door to the room they would be sharing. "None."

Last edited by Nara-pyon on Wed May 27, 2015 10:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next