The World of Arda
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hunting Through Keliac - 119 4A

2 posters

Page 11 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next

Go down

Hunting Through Keliac - 119 4A - Page 11 Empty Re: Hunting Through Keliac - 119 4A

Post by Nara-pyon Wed Jan 13, 2016 1:09 am

Takari led them into her home. It was a fair-sized house, though it had few rooms. The first room, which was an open-concept kitchen/dining/living room, was enormous, larger than the foyer of the tent. The kitchen was nearest the door, and Takari set her bucket of water down on the counter as soon as she was inside.

"Please, put your things down and make yourselves comfortable," she invited them, indicating the couch and chairs in the other half of the room.

At the moment, the couch and chairs were a little squished together, as part of the room was taken up with a pile of crates, some full, some empty, some open, some closed. It was enough to have been a wagon load, and the travelers felt certain that they had found the right home.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

https://twoarda.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Hunting Through Keliac - 119 4A - Page 11 Empty Re: Hunting Through Keliac - 119 4A

Post by Kara Winters Wed Jan 13, 2016 1:17 am

Setting her bag carefully down beside the couch, Miyuki eyed the crates. That was a lot of stuff, and she wondered what it was.

"Those are... a lot of crates," Miyuki couldn't help but comment.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Wed Jan 13, 2016 1:21 am

"Father sent us supplies yesterday," Takari replied as she rummaged in a cupboard. "I apologize for the mess, I haven't yet had the opportunity to put everything away. I have to admit, it was a rather overwhelming delivery, too - but on the bright side, we shan't want for material for a very long time."

She pulled out a pitcher and poured some of the fresh water into it. "Are you thirsty?" she asked, looking towards them all.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Wed Jan 13, 2016 10:03 pm

"Yes, and thank you," Miyuki nodded.

Now that she thought about it, they did live out in the middle of nowhere so supplies were necessary.

"Material, you mean for clothes?" Miyuki asked.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Wed Jan 13, 2016 10:16 pm

The others also accepted the offer of a drink, and as Takari poured several cups of water, she replied to Miyuki's question.

"For clothes, blankets ... whatever we need here," she said amiably. "There was a fire a few years back, we're still working on replacing everything we lost."

She brought the cups over to the group on a tray. "Here. While you rest a bit, I will see if Mother is up to meeting you all. I will be right back." She set the tray down on a small table, smiled warmly at them all, and headed into another room.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Thu Jan 14, 2016 8:35 pm

Miyuki slowly sipped her water as she watched Takari leave to get her mother. She had to admit, it was quite interesting. Once she was sure the young woman was out of earshot, Miyuki commented softly.

"Not what I was expecting, but I suddenly understand Mara's amusement."

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Thu Jan 14, 2016 8:44 pm

"And perhaps the guard's anger," Mirania added with a smile. "Takari must be of marriageable age, and if I am not mistaken, that man we saw outside may be more than just a friend to her. Did you see how distracted she became when he stepped outside?"

Cael and Lamruil chuckled, but Lancaeriel looked thoughtful.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Thu Jan 14, 2016 8:48 pm

"Oh!" Miyuki thought about it.

She hadn't noticed that, but now that Mirania mentioned it, that would make sense. The kitsune frowned a bit.

"But isn't that a bit problematic for them? Takari herself said that meeting fellow Light Elves who don't mind other races was unheard of to her. I'd imagine it wouldn't be allowed..."

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Thu Jan 14, 2016 8:53 pm

"I would imagine not," Lancaeriel murmured softly in agreement. "But such things have happened before ..."

They were interrupted when Takari entered the room once more, smiling softly.

"Mother would be quite happy to meet all of you," she told them warmly. "Please, come this way. Due to an injury, she can no longer leave her room, but it is quite large enough for all of you to come in. You can leave your bags in here."

Cael set his and Lancaeriel's bag on the floor and rose, smiling. "Thank you."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:11 pm

Miyuki set the glass of water down before getting up and following Takari. She wondered though, why Takari's father stayed away for such long periods if her mother had a handicap. This left Takari looking after almost everything on her own wouldn't it?

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:40 pm

As Takari had said, the bedroom was a good size, and looked almost like a work room instead of a bedroom. Sure, there was a large bed, and Takari's mother was lying in it (propped up on pillows, and despite her immobility, she looked remarkably healthy, and it was easy to see where Takari had inherited her beauty); but there was also a sewing table and writing desk, and a chair next to the bed. Though Takari had made it sound like the fire that had destroyed their home had been somewhat recent, all of it looked well-used.

"My mother, Makaela," Takari introduced her mother, sitting on the edge of the bed and taking her hand. Then she introduced the others. "Mother, these are Mirania, her husband Lamruil, and their friends, Cael, Lancaeriel and Miyuki."

The woman's blue eyes were bright and warm as she looked at their guests. "Welcome," she said, her words sincere. "I must say, I cannot remember the last time we had visitors out here."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:17 pm

"I'd imagine, we knew we were close to the border, but we didn't realize we were right at the border," Miyuki chuckled.

This was very far away, she had to admit.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:42 pm

Makaela smiled softly. "Most people think it is the worst place to settle ... so near Elysium and its inhabitants. But we have found it to be, at least for the most part, a wonderful place to live. Most of the border is protected by walls and soldiers, but this area is so peaceful that we have no need of anything more than the fence that we have. And our neighbours are so wonderful, really. We were attacked two years ago by mercenaries, and Tasar not only saved Takari and myself, but sought out the medical attention we needed and helped with the rebuilding of our home."

For a moment, Lancaeriel wondered if Tasar was the man they had seen; but then Makaela went on.

"Even now, his son, Tehlmar, brings us meat from their hunts." Her eyes twinkled, as if she were thinking of something unknown to the others.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:46 pm

Miyuki was mildly surprised, not by the acts of kindness, but rather the reaction of the guard who lived here. One would think having their family attacked by mercenaries and then being saved by their next door neighbours would affect the guard's personality and job choice.

"It's good to have such wonderful neighbours," Miyuki smiled, "Though it's a bit disheartening to hear that mercenaries attacked here."

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:50 pm

Takari's face darkened, and Makaela squeezed her hand lightly.

"Thankfully, it has only been once," she murmured.

"So far," Takari interrupted.

Makaela smiled sadly. "Takari worries that if it happens again, I will not survive. As it was, I barely survived the last attack, and that was when I was left unable to walk."

"If I may," Lancaeriel ventured hesitantly, "was it a spinal injury?"

As she spoke, she cast her husband a thoughtful glance. It was such a shame, the way these two were living, and if he could heal her, she would be very happy.

Makaela just shrugged. "Irreparable damage is all that I know," she replied apologetically. "Whether it was my spine or nerves or muscles, I do not know."

"And we aren't certain that the doctor did all he could, either," Takari added bitterly. "He was Elysian, and he did not want to treat Mother at all. I still do not know how Tasar and Elora convinced him to help."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:54 pm

"Ah..." Miyuki murmured.

The fact it happened near the border was disturbingly familiar. Though she was a bit sad that not everyone was as nice as their next door neighbours. It was a pity she was supposed to be a Light Elf, Miyuki wanted to ask if this was common and why.

She glanced over at Lancaeriel, wondering if her teacher was thinking of helping.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:59 pm

Cael seemed to know exactly what his wife was thinking.

"I don't mean to be forward," he smiled, "but I am a healer - one who heals by magic. I have had many millennia of experience in helping those who thought they could not recover from illnesses or injuries. If you are interested, perhaps I could help. Of course, I can guarantee nothing, but ..."

Takari and Makaela both looked surprised at his words, but eager at the same time.

"This may be just what you have been waiting for, Takari," Makaela smiled widely at her daughter. She looked at Cael again. "If you would, I would be forever in your debt."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Thu Jan 14, 2016 11:06 pm

Miyuki beamed, she truly hoped that Cael could help because that would make everyone's day. Also, it would be safer for Makaela in the long run if she could move about.

"Do you need anything?" Miyuki asked Cael.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Thu Jan 14, 2016 11:10 pm

Cael glanced at Miyuki, then back at their hostesses.

"Well," he murmured, "I do have a confession to make, first ..."

Makaela and Takari looked at him curiously, and he murmured softly, "I am not Light Elven. I disguised myself so for the purpose of passing through the country safely, but the magic required to heal someone is immense. If I am to help you, I can't keep up my appearance."

There was surprise, but no horror or anger on the women's faces as Takari asked, purely out of curiosity, "What race are you?"

Cael chuckled. "I am Dark Elven."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Thu Jan 14, 2016 11:20 pm

Miyuki also grinned, she could see the humour in Cael being a Dark Elven.

She was glad though they didn't seem angry at the trick.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Thu Jan 14, 2016 11:22 pm

Makaela actually laughed softly. "Well, I understand why you would have to disguise yourself," she smiled. "Our country is not kind to those who are not Light Elven."

She looked around at the rest of them. "What about all of you? Are you all Dark Elven?"

"Actually," Lamruil chuckled, "my wife and I are Light Elven."

"I am mostly Light Elven," Lancaeriel added, her eyes bright, "but I also have some White Elven blood in me."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Thu Jan 14, 2016 11:31 pm

Miyuki looked around at the others, as she was the most out of place of all them. Thinking about it a moment, she shrugged and replied.

"I'm not even an elf, my race is called kitsune."

She didn't see the harm in it, only because no one would have heard of her race.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Thu Jan 14, 2016 11:40 pm

"I must admit, I've never heard of a kitsune before," Makaela murmured thoughtfully.

"At any rate, there's no need to disguise yourselves here," Takari assured them. "Feel free to be yourselves - at least inside."

"Thank you." Cael passed one hand over his face, and his appearance returned to normal: his skin turned a shade darker, his hair turned black, and his eyes darkened to brown once more. "And just let me know when you'd like to give the healing a try."

Lancaeriel meanwhile was looking over at Miyuki. "Do you want to stay as you are for now?" she asked. "Or would you like to change back? We'll have to disguise you again when we go out, but it's up to you."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Fri Jan 15, 2016 9:13 pm

"I would like that," Miyuki admitted to Lancaeriel.

There was something weird, mobility wise, about having less tails, and her hearing wasn't as she was use to. So it would be nice to be herself again, even if it was for a small while.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Fri Jan 15, 2016 9:31 pm

"If you're up for it, perhaps we could try it now," Makaela suggested to Cael.

Cael had no problem with that. "Very well. I will have to take a look at the injury, so considering where it is, would you like the others to leave so that you have some privacy?"

"Yes," Makaela said thoughtfully, "that would probably be for the best."

"Come on, then, Miyuki," Lancaeriel smiled at her friend. "Let's go back to the living room and I can lift the spell."

Mirania and Lamruil led the way out, and Lancaeriel and Takari both followed after them.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next