The World of Arda
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hunting Through Keliac - 119 4A

2 posters

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next

Go down

Hunting Through Keliac - 119 4A - Page 12 Empty Re: Hunting Through Keliac - 119 4A

Post by Kara Winters Fri Jan 15, 2016 10:29 pm

"Okay," Miyuki replied as she followed the others back out into the living room.

She hoped Cael would be able to do something at least. The kitsune wondered if she should turned back into a kitsune before letting Lancaeriel lift the illusion or not. She was kind of curious to see what a light elf kitsune would look like, but in the end decided not to.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Hunting Through Keliac - 119 4A - Page 12 Empty Re: Hunting Through Keliac - 119 4A

Post by Nara-pyon Fri Jan 15, 2016 10:48 pm

When they were back in the living room, Mirania and Lamruil went back to the chairs they had been sitting in before while Lancaeriel waited for Miyuki to sit before standing in front of her to dispel her disguise.

The gold of her hair melted away, as did the blueness of her eyes, and Takari's eyes widened with surprise when she saw the kitsune's natural colours.

"I have never seen anyone like you before," she breathed, her eyes bright.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

https://twoarda.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Fri Jan 15, 2016 11:04 pm

Miyuki giggled and held up a finger to her lips, "You haven't seen anything yet."

Then with a flurry of fur, Miyuki's tails sprouted back and her elven ears disappeared to reveal her foxy ones.

"Ah... much better, can hear much more like this," Miyuki murmured.

Also her sense of balance was righted again.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Fri Jan 15, 2016 11:11 pm

Takari's eyes grew wide in shock and one hand flew to her mouth. In a matter of seconds, she turned very pale, jumped to her feet, and fled outside so quickly she didn't even take the time to close the door behind herself.

Mirania and Lamruil stared after her, taken completely by surprise by her reaction, and Lancaeriel frowned worriedly.

"Odd," she murmured softly.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Fri Jan 15, 2016 11:14 pm

Miyuki chuckled sheepishly, "Maybe that was a bit much... I did look like an elf before after all."

Even though she had said she wasn't even an elf back when they were admitting their non-light elf-ness.

"Uhm... I can't follow her out like this though," Miyuki blinked, "But I think someone should check on her."

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Fri Jan 15, 2016 11:23 pm

"I'll go," Lancaeriel said immediately. There was concern in her tone, and she moved swiftly to follow after Takari.

"I do admit," Mirania murmured while the two women were gone, "that seeing you for the first time was disconcerting, but ... after the way she was talking about being so accepting of different races, running away just doesn't make sense."

Lamruil shrugged. "Don't ask me."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Fri Jan 15, 2016 11:33 pm

"To be fair," Miyuki replied as someone who had seen quite a bit, "When most people talk about other races, they talk about other types of elves, and maybe the occasional human. And really here, another kind of elf is a completely different race as far as anyone is concerned. The fact that when that Gifts are not passed onto children... most of the time, of mixed heritage only encourages that fact that really another type of elf is truly another race on it's own. Which makes me wonder how Amir's abilities are possible."

After all, Amir could not feel cold or heat, frost and fire would not affect him, but that was a Gift in itself and normally wouldn't have been passed to him as far as she knew. She wondered if that meant he could also do fire or ice magic, or it was just passive Gifts that were more likely to be passed on.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Fri Jan 15, 2016 11:53 pm

"Don't ask me," Mirania smiled softly. "Until I met Kyrie, I had never seen or heard of anyone of mixed blood, and she was the only one until I met all of you."

"I'm far younger than Mirania," Lamruil added. "Until all of you came, I had never heard of any half-bloods either."

Their conversation broke off when Lancaeriel and Takari re-entered the house. Takari was still pale, and Lancaeriel had one hand on the young woman's back as if to comfort her.

"Forgive me," Takari murmured softly, her eyes downcast. "I hope you did not take offense."

"Takari was unwell," Lancaeriel explained. She helped the young woman to sit on the couch and then sat next to her. Looking at her, she asked quietly, "Would you like to explain or shall I?"

Trembling slightly, Takari began to rub the edge of one hand. There were black marks on it, but they didn't seem to make any kind of pattern.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Fri Jan 15, 2016 11:56 pm

"Not at all," Miyuki assured Takari.

After all, Miyuki had much worse growing up. Someone running out on her was actually quite mild by her standards.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sat Jan 16, 2016 12:04 am

Takari's eyes flickered briefly towards Miyuki, and she smiled ever so faintly at the knowledge that she hadn't offended her; but she still didn't seem inclined to speak. Finally, she nodded towards Lancaeriel, giving her permission to pass on the information she wanted.

Lancaeriel smiled and turned back to the others. "It is a mixture of good news and bad," she explained. "The good news is, Takari is married to the gentleman we saw earlier, on the other side of the fence, and they are expecting their first child - which is why she became ill, the surprise of it and already feeling slightly nauseous did not mix well. The bad news, as I'm sure you can already guess, is that her father, should he find out, will kill them both."

Mirania and Lamruil were stunned. "Then why are you still here?" Lamruil asked incredulously. "Why not go somewhere safe?"

"And leave Mother?" Takari asked softly in reply. She looked up for the first time since coming inside. "Tehlmar has been helping us to survive, to eat well ... but if he and I were to leave, we have no guarantees that Mother would be looked after. Confined to her bed, she would need everything to be done for her. Tehlmar's father would help, I'm sure, but his mother would just as soon let us both perish."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sat Jan 16, 2016 12:15 am

"Ah.... now that does complicate things," Miyuki murmured scratching the back of her head thoughtfully.

How did one deal with something like that? No wonder why the guard was so angry, he probably foresaw this happening. The kitsune looked in the direction the bedroom. She didn't understand even why the guard stayed away for so long if he knew his wife was invalid like this. Surely the money could not be worth staying away from your family like this.

"Question..."
Miyuki finally asked, "If it happens that your mother does manage to gain her mobility again, what would you do then?"

Even if Cael couldn't heal her completely, Miyuki was sure her brother could make another wheelchair with help from Shoneah if they were willing to go that far. Or even... well she wasn't sure if Makaela would be willing to leave her home as well.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sat Jan 16, 2016 12:20 am

Hope lit up Takari's eyes. "If we knew where we could go, we would leave," she replied immediately. "Mother herself has been encouraging us to go since she found out about us. I still would not feel right leaving her behind, but I have more to think about than leaving her alone."

Lancaeriel looked thoughtful. Should they tell her about Caras Galadhon?
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sat Jan 16, 2016 12:25 am

Miyuki was also thinking the same thing, if they were to raise a child of mix heritage that was the place to do so. However, a young couple with a baby on the way (or a baby for that matter) shouldn't be traveling by themselves. They, themselves, wouldn't be heading to that country for many years.

There was also the pesky problem of why they were in this country to begin with.

"What else concerns you?" Miyuki asked, putting that thought on hold for now.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sat Jan 16, 2016 12:32 am

Takari's brow furrowed slightly. "Just ... surviving," she murmured. "Father's continued absences ... leaving us alone, making enemies, making us targets. As long as he's gone, it's a fight to have enough to eat, and if we're attacked we have no way to defend ourselves. Yet when he returns, he will surely kill Tehlmar, and likely me, as well. I think it's quite possible he would hate his mixed-blooded grandchild even more than his Dark Elven son-in-law."

She sighed heavily. "Yet even were we to leave, where could we go? And even with a destination, how could we manage the travel? Two young people of different races would be a target in any country, and I don't even know how long I would be able to travel. Tehlmar trained with the army, so he can defend us ... at least, I think he could. I don't know if he's actually seen any combat. As soon as his training was complete, he got himself dishonourably discharged so that we could be together again."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sat Jan 16, 2016 12:38 am

Miyuki wasn't surprised about the making enemies part, even though she thought it was pretty cowardly to attack the man's family. Really though, what was that man thinking?

She blinked, as if confused, "What does your father do that would make enemies?"

Actually that was a fair question, Miyuki thought he was only a guard.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sat Jan 16, 2016 12:41 am

Takari scowled. "Mercenary." She practically spat out the word. It was obvious that she didn't approve of his choice of career.

One had to wonder what her mother thought of it. She had married the man, after all.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sat Jan 16, 2016 7:55 pm

Miyuki shouldn't have been surprised, the man did work for Mara after all, but at the same time he was. Considering what had happened to his family, she would have thought that career wouldn't have been for him. It would have made more sense if he was just a guard for Mara rather than a full on mercenary.

"Ah..."
Miyuki murmured, "Explains why he's away a lot...."

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sat Jan 16, 2016 8:02 pm

"He never used to be," Takari said darkly. "When I was a child, he would be home most of the time. He would leave for perhaps a week or two at a time, and never more than two or three times in a year. Then, after Mother and I were attached, he started to go away for a bit longer - a month at a time - and this time, he has been gone for far longer than ever before. Half a year already. We don't know where he is or what he's doing, and it makes no sense to me. If Mother were fine, that would be one thing, but now, with her being immobile ..."

She shook her head. "I just do not understand."

"Well, if all goes well, your mother will be able to walk again soon," Lancaeriel said encouragingly. "That's something to look forward to."

"Yes," Takari murmured softly, half smiling. "Even if it means that I'll likely be leaving her."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sat Jan 16, 2016 8:04 pm

"I wish there was something more we could do," Miyuki admitted.

But the only thing she could think of, they would have to ask Kyrie, and even more importantly, how would Takari feel about them going after her father's employer? There was a chance he could be caught in the crossfire, even though she was so confused as to why he would stay away more.

Something didn't add up to her.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sat Jan 16, 2016 8:16 pm

Takari smiled softly and folded her hands in her lap. "Thank you," she murmured. "I appreciate the thought."

At that moment, Cael called Lancaeriel from the bedroom, and she excused herself and went to join her husband. Takari watched her go, a thoughtful expression on her face, and once Lancaeriel was in the other room she looked to the others and asked softly, "Are she and Cael ... in a relationship?"

Mirania had only introduced Lamruil as her husband and the others by name and nothing else, so she wasn't sure.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sat Jan 16, 2016 8:26 pm

"They're married," Miyuki explained, "And have known each other for a very long time."

Which might be a bit of an understatement.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sat Jan 16, 2016 8:51 pm

"Since before this continent was created, is how they put it when they were telling us about it just this morning," Mirania grinned, her blue eyes sparkling with amusement.

Takari was stunned. "That is ... I don't even know how long that is," she stuttered. "Unbelievable."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sat Jan 16, 2016 9:47 pm

"It is, isn't it?" Miyuki asked rhetorically, "It's quite amazing."

But their story is amazing. Glancing back at the bedroom, Miyuki wondered what had happened that had Cael call Lancaerial in.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sat Jan 16, 2016 9:55 pm

Takari followed Miyuki's glance, and her brow furrowed slightly. "I wish I knew what was happening in there," she murmured.

Mirania reached out and put one hand on the young woman's arm to reassure her. "Healing takes time," she smiled at her. "Have patience."

They continue to chat for another half hour or so before they were interrupted by three people coming out of the bedroom. The first was Cael, grinning but looking very tired, and then Lancaeriel, whose pale eyes were bright with excitement. Following directly behind them was Makaela, on her own two feet and walking without aid. Her eyes were bright with tears, but from the wide smile on her face it was clear that they were tears of joy.

"Mother!" Takari exclaimed, jumping to her feet. She ran to greet her mother and threw her arms around her neck, hugging her tightly.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sat Jan 16, 2016 10:19 pm

"How are you both feeling?" Miyuki asked looking at Makaela and Cael.

Cael looked pretty tired, it seems like they would have to stay here a bit longer just so he can rest up. Makaela seemed to be doing well despite having been in bed for so long, but she suspected that Cael did something about that too.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next