The World of Arda
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hunting Through Keliac - 119 4A

2 posters

Page 26 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next

Go down

Hunting Through Keliac - 119 4A - Page 26 Empty Re: Hunting Through Keliac - 119 4A

Post by Kara Winters Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:19 pm

"You did?" Holly took a seat beside Shiro.

She was trying to remember what she said, because she said a lot of things to Shiro. Now that she thought about it, she seemed to talk to Shiro a lot more than she ever had with Kaito.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Hunting Through Keliac - 119 4A - Page 26 Empty Re: Hunting Through Keliac - 119 4A

Post by Nara-pyon Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:27 pm

Shiro nodded and blushed hotly.

"Just ... just remember that it's just a gift, okay? Without strings attached, no expectations."

He wasn't sure why he felt the need to stipulate this, but perhaps a part of him was afraid she might think he was trying to manipulate her or her emotions - which was far from the case. He just wanted to give her something she wanted, to make her happy. Nothing more.

He pulled the gift out of the bag carefully. It was a bolt of cloth folded carefully, but the material was such that even when opened it would not show any wrinkles. It was the golden spider silk: five yards of the material. He kept his gaze lowered as he held it with both hands and held it out to Holly.

"For you," he murmured, bowing his head slightly.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

https://twoarda.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:38 pm

Holly was about to ask why such a stipulation when she saw what he held out. Carefully, she took the cloth from him, as if it was something precious, which it was.

"How? The tailor said they were sold out... you went straight there?" Holly asked.

He must have, when she and Rose went, the tailor had mentioned how the last of their golden spider silk had been sold.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:42 pm

Shiro's ear twitched and he nodded. "I figured ... if I was going to go out, I might as well see if I could get something that you- I mean, I wanted to get something- I mean ..."

He ran his fingers through his hair and took a deep breath. Why was he so nervous? He really didn't need to be.

"I knew you wanted some," he said, a bit more calmly, "so I thought I would see right away if they had any. I didn't know how much you would need to make something with it, so I thought at least a few yards ... but there didn't seem to be much point to leaving just one or two yards behind, so I just ... got it all."

He finally ventured a smile and looked at her anxiously.

"It ... is what you wanted, right?" he asked softly.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:52 pm

"It is..." Holly trailed off.

She was amazed at Shiro (her brain hadn't quite caught up with the fact he spent a small fortune on this particular spider silk cloth).

Holly smiled widely, and hugged him, "You are a mind reader, I didn't even know this kind of spider silk until today."

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:55 pm

Shiro was surprised by the hug, but it felt good, and he hugged her back, his smile growing wide.

"Well, neither did I, to be fair," he admitted; then amended, "at least, not here. Back in Gaia there's the Madagascar- never mind. Anyways, I just asked about spider silk and that's what they had."

He chuckled softly. "And I'm not a mind reader. I asked you a while back if there was one thing you could have, what would it be, and this was it. So you told me yourself."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Tue Apr 05, 2016 12:01 am

Holly wondered if this meant the shop was also out of white spider silk, or if it didn't occur to Shiro to ask for the alternative.

"I did," Holly chuckled, "I remember now, mentioning how I would like to work with it. I... thank you... you didn't have to get the golden silk, but I'm delighted all the same."

She was determined to go back then to see if she could trade for some white spider silk, for her project... with some red for her... and some black... She grinned at Shiro.

"Thank you."

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Wed Apr 06, 2016 6:48 pm

Shiro just smiled and shrugged. He'd just gotten what he'd gotten. He was just glad that Holly was happy with it.

Though he couldn't help but wonder at that last grin she was giving him ... it reminded him of Kaito when he was planning some kind of mischief. Knowing her, though, it probably wouldn't be anything bad.

"You're very welcome," he murmured. "Anyways I just wanted to give that to you. I should ... probably get back to work, though ... I promised Eron and Kaito I'd see if I could get this licked by tonight."

For the first time, though, he wasn't particularly interested in continuing to work ... but he owed it to the others ...
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:08 pm

"Just don't stay up too late okay?" Holly replied as she hugged the cloth to her chest.

He works so hard, he really needs to take a break or two was what was going through her mind.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:17 pm

Shiro chuckled and ran his fingers through his hair. "Well, I'll try not," he promised. "You make sure you get to bed on time too, all right? I have the feeling you're going to be as busy with that material as I'm going to be with this."

He grinned at her, halfway between teasing and sincere. He hadn't really seen her at work, but he had the feeling from the way she talked about it that she might be just as bad as him if the right situation came up.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:19 pm

"Fortunately... or unfortunately, I'm restricted by the knowledge I do need to finish the clothes for the colder climates first," Holly giggled with a sigh.

Done get her wrong, she had fun making clothes for a weather type she hadn't designed for in ages, but when faced with potential projects, it was so hard to resist the temptation to do something else.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:23 pm

Shiro laughed. "Maybe that's a good thing. Or maybe it'll just make you work longer hours on those first."

He paused and tipped his head thoughtfully. "Look ... maybe ... if you're up for it ... what if I were to work in your workroom? I don't know if there's room for me, but I know I'd sure enjoy the company, and we can both kind of ... monitor each other, make sure we both take the breaks we need."

A part of him couldn't believe how bold he was being, asking her like that, but he figured it was now or never.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:04 pm

Holly was surprised by the request, but when she thought about it, it would be nice. It would also be nice to have company. While Iorlas would work with her, it was often to be taught, when she wasn't doing her own work. Besides... it would be nice to have Shiro nearby.

"I would like that, and if we need more room, we could ask Miyuki for a bit of help," Holly replied softly.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:08 pm

"True enough," Shiro grinned more widely than he intended. He couldn't help it, and didn't realize it. He was just glad she had agreed. He carefully marked his place in the tome by putting in a sheet of paper as a bookmark before closing it, then picked up both it and his tablet.

"Lead the way," he smiled at Holly, ready to go.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Wed Apr 06, 2016 10:27 pm

That night she helped get Shiro set up in her work room, even finding a chair for him to sit on so he could be comfortable while he worked.

The next day, Holly explained she had an errand she needed to run. She had looked through the lace she had, which was a lot. They were a combination of ones she had made and others that she had brought from people who only made lace for a living. She wasn't sure what kind of lace they would be looking for, so she grabbed three kinds. She grabbed a bolt of lace that featured lily and leaves, she grabbed a bolt of wide lace trim that roses and leaves, and then several lace patches.

Lace patches were often ones she made because they were smaller projects, and a good tailor could sew them into clothing to add flair. They also had a variety of themes, the ones Holly grabbed were of hearts, butterflies, feathers and even snowflakes. Putting them into the endless bag, and letting the others know where she was going, she set out to see if she could make a good trade.

She would like, preferably enough cloth for her master project, the capelet and the vest she was thinking about. They would need to be white, so she could dye all of it from scratch.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Thu Apr 07, 2016 8:21 pm

Marenne was the only one in the shop this early in the day, though she had finished the hem of the dress she had been working on the day before and was now cutting out the pattern the man had been pinning the day before.

"Good morning!" she called out, smiling warmly when she saw Holly coming into the shop. "Welcome back!"
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Thu Apr 07, 2016 8:47 pm

"Good morning," Holly greeted brightly, "How are you doing today?"

She carefully set her bag on the counter, before giving Marenne her full attention.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Thu Apr 07, 2016 8:49 pm

"Very fine, thank you," Marenne smiled at Holly. "I see you have your bag with you again today. Did you bring the lace you mentioned yesterday? I must admit, I'm eager to see it. It's a skill I haven't got, myself, but I do like lace."

She finished cutting out the piece she was working on and then set the scissors down so that she could join Holly.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Thu Apr 07, 2016 9:03 pm

Holly nodded with a chuckle, "I brought patches I have made and bolts made by others. I love lace too, but it's so time consuming that it's a job in itself, and I like making clothes too much to give it up for lacing."

She liked the art, but she didn't love it enough to give up her first passion.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Thu Apr 07, 2016 9:09 pm

"It is time consuming," Marenne agreed with a soft laugh. She approached Holly and stopped near her, leaning her hip against the counter. "So. Let's see it what you've got."

There was sparkle in her eye and she was smiling excitedly.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Thu Apr 07, 2016 9:26 pm

Holly chuckled as she brought out the bolt that was filled with lilies and leaves, "This one is a cloth."

She often used it for veils or overlays herself, especially good for weddings. At least, for places that used a veil for the bride.

"And this one is a thick border trim of roses,"
Holly brought out the next set.

Finally, she brought out the patches she made. There were a lot of feathers among the hearts, butterflies and snowflakes, but that was because Holly made a lot for a coat project. In fact, now that she had an excuse to make a coat, she was so going to put lace patches on them.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Thu Apr 07, 2016 9:39 pm

Marenne's eyes grew brighter with each bit of lace that Holly pulled out, and it was clear that she was very impressed and excited by all of it.

"Well," she murmured, "I can safely say that you will be able to trade for just about anything that you want here."

In her approximation, somewhere between fifty and one hundred lari for the bolts and borders would not be unreasonable, and twenty or thirty for the patches.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Thu Apr 07, 2016 10:10 pm

"If this is something you can use, I would like to do a trade," Holly agreed.

But she wasn't sure if Marenne had a say in something like that, she suspected that the gentleman from last night might be in charge of the shop, or at the very least her teacher.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Fri Apr 08, 2016 9:18 pm

Marenne swept one hand around, gesturing towards the shop. "Well, you can see our samples," she smiled. "Feel free to look around. And if you're looking for something in particular, let me know."

She stepped aside to give Holly room to look around, but not so far aside that she made it seem she was leaving Holly alone.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Fri Apr 08, 2016 10:08 pm

"Actually..." Holly replied, "I know you said yesterday that the last of the golden spider silk was sold, but do you have any white spider silk in stock?"

Since that really was the purpose of her visit. Though she did see some velvet out of the corner of her eye, but no, she had to focus. She didn't have any use for velvet at the moment.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 26 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next