The World of Arda
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hunting Through Keliac - 119 4A

2 posters

Page 33 of 40 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 36 ... 40  Next

Go down

Hunting Through Keliac - 119 4A - Page 33 Empty Re: Hunting Through Keliac - 119 4A

Post by Nara-pyon Mon May 23, 2016 12:50 am

Kaito threw up his hands and exclaimed, "Figure out how to let me out, too, of course! I haven't spent this much time in the tent since we started traveling and it's driving me crazy!"

"I'll get it," Shiro promised his brother placatingly. "I'll get it. Look, I've already got it figured out for myself."

"And of course you went out for a whole day right away," Kaito snorted, clearly annoyed by the fact.

"Only so that Holly and I wouldn't be alone with a stranger for the day," Rose protested. "It was for our safety."

Kaito just scowled. "Convenient."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

https://twoarda.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Hunting Through Keliac - 119 4A - Page 33 Empty Re: Hunting Through Keliac - 119 4A

Post by Kara Winters Tue May 24, 2016 9:54 pm

Holly frowned and whacked Kaito upside the head, "I asked Shiro to come with us, stop throwing a temper tantrum. You're too old to do that."

And he was being so cat like it was irritating her.

"And don't guilt trip your brother, you're making it sound like it's his fault and it's rude."

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Tue May 24, 2016 10:01 pm

Kaito winced, his ears flattening against his skull, and he curled his wings around himself protectively.

"Sorry!" he exclaimed, his voice muffled behind his feathers. "But I've been so bored!"

"Then go into one of the gardens," Shiro sighed. "Find someone else to spend some time with. I don't imagine many people would be out and about today."

Kaito shrugged. "Some. Most people are busy with their own stuff."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Tue May 24, 2016 10:26 pm

"You need a hobby that doesn't involve active sports," Holly replied with a sigh.

That was the main problem, Kaito either was napping or really active. A bit of a contradiction in that way.

"At any rate, Shiro does have time to work today and most of tomorrow, if he wants to," Holly added the last part because she suspected the other problem was Shiro had some trouble saying no.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Tue May 24, 2016 10:47 pm

"I'll get started now," Shiro nodded, glaring at his brother, "on the condition that you absolutely leave me alone until I'm good and ready to test it out on you. Understood?"

Kaito nodded, sulking.

Shiro worked until dinner, and after the meal was over, headed straight back to his lab, leaving strict instructions that he was not to be disturbed for any reason. When morning came and people wandered into the dining room for breakfast, he came in as well, nearly the last to arrive, and he looked (rightly so) as if he hadn't slept.

"I think I've got it," he murmured to no one in particular as he slid into his seat. His grin was tired, but triumphant.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Tue May 24, 2016 11:14 pm

Holly nodded as she grabbed a plate for Shiro to pile on some food. She was perhaps, a bit annoyed at Kaito because the neko knew how Shiro could get once he got going.

"Will you take a nap after this then?" she asked.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Tue May 24, 2016 11:22 pm

Even Kaito looked concerned with Shiro's appearance, but Kaito just grinned at his brother and murmured, "We'll need to do some experimentation to see if it works first."

"No," Kaito protested, "you need to sleep."

Shiro arched both eyebrows in surprise. "You just about bit my head off yesterday for taking too long, and now you're telling me to sleep?"

Kaito's face flushed, and he looked away awkwardly.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Wed May 25, 2016 11:48 pm

"Yes, because you look like a raccoon," Holly replied.

Well, Shiro didn't quite look like a raccoon, but he had quite the bags under his eyes and she wanted to drag him to bed, but she wanted him to eat first.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Wed May 25, 2016 11:59 pm

Shiro's face flushed slightly and he focused his attention on the food in front of him.

"Didn't think it would be that bad," he mumbled into his first bite of food.

"Well what else can you expect when you don't sleep all night?" Shoneah piped up, slipping into the seat next to Shiro.

Andarien was right behind her and sat down on the other side of her. "Why would you stay up all night?" he asked Shiro, puzzled. "I tried it once. I felt sick all the next day, and I didn't even manage to stay up the whole night."

Shiro just glared at his brother.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Thu May 26, 2016 12:10 am

Holly coughed a bit, "It's a bit... complicated. Anyhow..."

She tried to changed the subject, just a bit, or at least steer it away from Kaito.

"At least take a small nap, we do have a dinner this evening so there is time before we need to go out."

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Thu May 26, 2016 12:33 am

"Dinner?" Shoneah asked curiously.

"I'm sure you must have heard that I was knocked down by a horse and rider," Rose explained with a sigh. "Yesterday the man, Geran, took Holly, Shiro and me on a tour of the town in apology, and then he invited us to his house for dinner tonight - so we can meet his sister, I think."

Andarien was puzzled once more. "Why would he want you to meet his sister?"
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Thu May 26, 2016 9:34 pm

Holly blinked and resisted the urge to say anything that involved meeting the family, because now was not the time to tease Rose about what seemed to be Geran's interest. Even though it could be he was giving all the wrong signals.

"Not a clue," Holly replied, "Maybe because we had a short conversation about her earlier in our tour."

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Thu May 26, 2016 9:47 pm

Andarien shook his head slowly and shrugged. "Doesn't make sense to me," he muttered. "But I didn't grow up here. So that's probably why."

Shoneah smiled bemusedly but said nothing. Instead, she asked, "What are your plans in the meantime?"

"Laundry for me," Rose sighed. "Its been a while and my clothes badly need it."

Shiro pointedly ignored Kaito, who scratched awkwardly behind one of his ears.

"I'm going into town for the morning," Andarien volunteered.

Shoneah laughed. "I already knew that."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Thu May 26, 2016 10:25 pm

"I'm going to work on a project, but first," Holly gave Shiro a catty grin, "You need a nap after dinner."

And she was going to make sure he did so.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Thu May 26, 2016 10:45 pm

"No worries about that," Shiro promised Holly. "I may not even finish my breakfast."

Indeed, he hardly seemed interested in the meal, and it was clear he was forcing himself to bring the food to his mouth.

He did however finish the food on his plate before he headed to his bedroom for a much-needed rest.

He woke up again, on his own, in the middle of the afternoon, and in a matter of half an hour he had tested his shapeshifting research on Kaito and was pleased and satisfied to find that it worked. He didn't let Kaito go out right away, though, because he wanted to be sure the magic would last a good amount of time before wearing off - if it would wear off at all. For all he knew, he might have to reverse the changes himself.

But by the time the afternoon was over, he was ready to go - leaving Kaito behind, still looking Light Elven.

"We should probably wait outside for him," he commented as he disguised Rose and Holly in the foyer.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Thu May 26, 2016 11:07 pm

"That would be wise," Holly agreed.

Holly had spent the afternoon sketching out the design for Rose's cloak, since she didn't have the rest of the equipment to start stitching yet. She needed a design that was repeatable but could be done in small chunks.

The trio exited the tent, all disguised of course.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Thu May 26, 2016 11:16 pm

It was none too soon, either. Geran was just coming around the side of the house, led by Sylvar, with whom he was speaking amiably.

"Good evening!" he greeted the three warmly when he saw them. "All set?"

"Unless we were supposed to bring something with us," Rose quipped, though she did allow herself a smile.

Geran laughed. "No, no, no."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Fri May 27, 2016 7:39 pm

"Then I think we're ready to go," Holly replied in turn, "Lead the way."

She glanced over at Shiro for a moment to make sure he was okay. Holly was glad that he took that nap.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Fri May 27, 2016 7:55 pm

Shiro was feeling much better for having rested, and he flashed Holly a grin. His eyes, unnaturally blue as they were now, were bright and cheerful, far different from what they had been that morning.

"Shall we?" he murmured to her, boldly holding his arm out to her.

Geran was already beginning to lead the way, making conversation with Rose as he did so. Somehow, perhaps by accident or perhaps by design, he was walking next to her, leaving Shiro and Holly to follow behind them.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sat May 28, 2016 2:27 am

"You know...." Holly whispered to Shiro in a low voice so Rose and Geran wouldn't hear.

It helped that they were several steps behind the two.

"For as much as I joke about this with Rose... I'm starting to think that maybe, just maybe he might have a tiny crush on her."

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sat May 28, 2016 2:34 am

Shiro watched Geran and Rose thoughtfully for a moment before murmuring back, just as quietly, "You know ... I think you may be right. He certainly seems to be paying her quite particular attention, at the very least."

Poor Rose. He was certain she wouldn't knowingly encourage Geran's attentions, and would likely not be interested in him either. And poor Geran! Rose couldn't stay, and even if she were somehow willing or able, how would Geran react upon finding out that she wasn't Light Elven, or even Elven at all?

"If it is the case," he added, even more quietly now, "then I hope we can find a way to let him down painlessly."

Since it didn't even occur to him that there was even the slightest chance of it working out.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sat May 28, 2016 2:43 am

"Surely he must realize we're not going to be able to stay long enough to have a proper courting period," Holly murmured in turn.

At least to her, a good courting period required several months at least. Though Lin would tell her otherwise from experience that even a day doesn't stop some people.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sat May 28, 2016 2:48 am

Shiro snickered but covered it up with a cough.

"Clearly you've not spent a lot of time with the elves of this world," he grinned at Holly, his eyes sparkling brighter. "Honestly, the shortest courting period I've ever heard of that resulted in a marriage was less than two or three days. Granted, it was discovered later that it was based on a misunderstanding ..."

He laughed, thinking back to how that had turned out.

"But," he went on, still chuckling, "neither of them wanted to undo what had been done, and now they have two lovely children."

And what a character Amalirahc was!
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sun May 29, 2016 1:15 am

Holly giggled, "I don't know if I could handle that quick of a courting period, but then again... I'm not sure if I would know what to do with a real courting period. Gaians date but unless you're from an old family you don't really court perse...."

But she never had to go through it, so it was never a problem.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sun May 29, 2016 1:29 am

Shiro chuckled, but he felt heat creeping up the back of his neck. If he'd had his real appearance, it might have passed unnoticed, but looking elven as he did, his ears began to glow a bright red.

"Is it ..." He hesitated. "... something ... you might be open to?"

He couldn't quite bring himself to meet her eyes, though he did manage to at least look in her general direction.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 33 of 40 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 36 ... 40  Next