The World of Arda
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hunting Through Keliac - 119 4A

2 posters

Page 29 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next

Go down

Hunting Through Keliac - 119 4A - Page 29 Empty Re: Hunting Through Keliac - 119 4A

Post by Nara-pyon Thu Apr 28, 2016 9:57 pm

"I don't know," Rose admitted. "I couldn't tell. Not by the time I was up again, anyways."

"He's just eager to make up for what happened," Makaela put in, clearly amused. "It's fine, I've known him since he was three."

Rose's blush deepened when she realized that Makaela could understand her and Holly, and it was only then that she remembered that the elven woman had been given a drop of dragon's blood, just as she and Holly had been.

"You could always ask him what happened," Makaela pointed out, leaning back in her chair and putting one leg over the other comfortably.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

https://twoarda.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Hunting Through Keliac - 119 4A - Page 29 Empty Re: Hunting Through Keliac - 119 4A

Post by Kara Winters Thu Apr 28, 2016 10:34 pm

"You should...." Holly trailed off with a grin.

And really Holly was curious, it was one thing when Rose said someone ran her over, but when that person comes back to apologize that is something else completely.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Thu Apr 28, 2016 10:42 pm

Rose sighed and lowered her gaze. She knew the others were right, but she didn't feel up to asking about it right at that moment.

"Thank you," she said instead, looking up at Geran again. "That is very kind of you."

The man smiled widely and bowed his head again. "Wonderful. Then shall I call for you in the morning?"

"Don't you have to work?" Rose asked him doubtfully.

Makaela's father grinned. "He can take the day off, not a problem."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Thu Apr 28, 2016 11:01 pm

Now it was starting to sound like a set up, or maybe Holly was being paranoid. Certainly, no one could accuse her of reading too many Rom-Coms as such things didn't exist in this world.

"What do you think?" Holly asked Rose, "I'll be along as well."

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Thu Apr 28, 2016 11:09 pm

Rose sighed in resignation and nodded. "If you insist," she gave in. "Though I should warn you, I wouldn't know what I'd be particularly interested in seeing."

"Perhaps your friend has some ideas, then," Geran suggested, looking to Holly.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:16 pm

"Weren't you going to take a good look around the market?" Holly asked Rose, "We kept getting sidetracked in that."

Between the tailor shop and Rose nearly getting run over.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:27 pm

Rose blinked as if startled, and then she nodded. "Right ... yes. That's probably where I was headed when ..." She trailed off, glancing at Geran.

The man looked chagrined once more. "I promise, no more accidents," he said solemnly. "The perfect gentleman."

The idea seemed to amuse Makaela, who hid her grin behind her fingers.

"Thank you," Rose said, rising from her seat. Looking to Holly, she murmured, "Shouldn't we get back to help with dinner?"

Dinner itself was probably a few hours off, still, but she didn't like being in the center of attention like this.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:31 pm

"Uhm... I guess so...." Holly blinked because she too was aware dinner was a few hours off and the others would understand.

Though she had a feeling Rose wanted to get away from Geran.

"We should be getting back then."

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:33 pm

"If you girls don't mind," Makaela smiled, "I'm going to have dinner here tonight. I'll be back to the tent to sleep, though."

Rose nodded. "We'll tell the others not to expect you," she murmured. Then, with a polite nod to Gaelen and Geran, she turned to leave.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:54 pm

"Have a good night," Holly added with a nod before following after Rose.

Once they were back in the safety of the tent she had to ask.

"What do you think?"

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:58 pm

Rose sighed and ran her fingers through her magically blond hair. "I think he's over-eager to compensate and it's a bit unsettling," she replied softly. "I mean ... back home, if someone were knocked down, you'd make sure they were all right and that would be the end of it, right?"

She spoke, of course, from experience - and having witnessed it a few times, as well.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Wed May 04, 2016 10:06 pm

Holly thought about it carefully, her tail unwinding itself from her waist as they entered the safety of the tent.

"It could be he's just horrified that he couldn't do anything about it previously, I mean... it must be super embarrassing to have it just so happen the girl he nearly ran over being a guest of his working partner... or he could have a crush on first sight,"
Holly added as an after thought.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Wed May 04, 2016 10:11 pm

"Oh, now you're being silly," Rose protested, though she was blushing, as she let the tent flap fall closed behind her. "Let's just stick with embarrassed."

For her part, she wasn't attracted to him in the least. And why would he be attracted to her? She didn't even look like herself.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Wed May 04, 2016 10:27 pm

Holly chuckled at this, "Okay then, but I'm just saying."

Though Holly too doubted it, after all, that was stuff that only happened in fiction.

"But feeling better now?"

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Wed May 04, 2016 10:31 pm

Calming slightly, Rose nodded and shrugged one shoulder. "Mildly," she murmured. "I'll feel much better once my cloak is mended, though."

Biting her lower lip thoughtfully, she hesitated, then murmured, "I wonder ... rather than using white thread ... would it be possible to use red? I ... I'm not sure I like the thought of a white pattern ... even if it's not exactly the same shade of red, I wouldn't mind."

Smiling slowly, she added, "And if Geran's paying, anyways ..."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Wed May 04, 2016 10:34 pm

Holly thought about it, she had heard of places where people did that with complicated patterns. As long as it wasn't the exact shade of red, but very close to it, it would make a neat affect.

"I think I can do that,"
Holly replied.

Without an embroidery machine it might be difficult though, she was going to need a good light and maybe a magnifier. She could ask Miyuki or even Lanceriael or Cael for the former but she wasn't sure what to do about the latter.

"I just need to gather a few more equipment."

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Wed May 04, 2016 10:43 pm

"Get Geran to pay for that, too," Rose grinned. Then she laughed. "He probably would, too."

Then, sighing, she ran her fingers through her hair again. "But for now, I just want to be me again. Come on, let's find someone who can help us."

She wondered who would be closer: Shiro, or Cael and Lancaeriel. Even if he were further, Shiro's location was at least more predictable.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Wed May 04, 2016 11:03 pm

"Let's check the lab first, I'm sure Shiro is in there doing research," Holly suggested as she motioned for Rose to follow her to the workrooms.

At least, that's where Holly last saw Shiro when she checked to make sure he was too busy working on his research while she worked on the vest.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Wed May 04, 2016 11:20 pm

"Where else would he be?" Rose laughed. It was a tired laugh, but she was sounding like her usual self again. "He still works too much, even with you dragging him away from his studies from time to time."

She still didn't really understand what could keep someone working for so many hours, though at least with Holly she could see that there was a lot of physical labour going into her things. With Shiro ... well, she would leave him to her friend.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Thu May 05, 2016 9:48 pm

"Once he gets onto an idea he won't let it go," Holly shrugged as she led the way, "But there's always an idea to work on, that's the problem."

Just like there were always clothes to design or make, and the fact she really did have to do everything nearly by hand make the process longer. Though Rose had a point, she should drag Shiro out around town once he figures out how to help Eron as well.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Thu May 05, 2016 10:09 pm

Rose followed close behind Holly. "Well, you could always just ... convince him to do something else," she grinned.

Shiro was indeed in his lab, seated at his desk and still poring over the tome he'd gotten from Cael and Lancaeriel. He didn't even look up when the girls entered the room: it was like he didn't even hear them (which, to be fair, he probably hadn't).
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Thu May 05, 2016 10:33 pm

This wasn't at all surprising to Holly, Shiro tended to block things out when he was absorbed in his work. Holly got up close as possible to Shiro, making sure he wasn't writing anything before murmuring in his ear.

"Shiro....."

She might be a bit of a tease and liked to see him jump.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Thu May 05, 2016 11:19 pm

With a yelp, Shiro jerked his head away from Holly, his ear flattening against his skull. Red eyes wide, he turned to face her.

"You scared the daylights out of me!" he exclaimed, no anger, only surprise, in his tone.

Rose burst into laughter at the look on his face. She was sure Holly enjoyed doing that, though she wasn't as sure that her friend would ever admit it.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sat May 07, 2016 6:40 pm

"It's not that I try to be quiet," Holly replied innocently.

And there was truth to that, there was never a point in walking quietly when Shiro was doing studying because he wouldn't notice anyhow. This was something Holly took advantage of, such as... scaring the daylights out of Shiro.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sat May 07, 2016 7:14 pm

Rose was still snickering.

"You know," she grinned at Shiro, "it's a good thing you have this secure lab to do your studying in. If you were out and about, you'd be dead before you realized there was any danger around you."

Sobering slightly, she smiled. "Anyways, we were hoping you could make us look like us again. I think we're both done going out for today."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next