The World of Arda
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hunting Through Keliac - 119 4A

2 posters

Page 34 of 40 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

Hunting Through Keliac - 119 4A - Page 34 Empty Re: Hunting Through Keliac - 119 4A

Post by Kara Winters Sun May 29, 2016 1:33 am

Holly thought about it. If this question had been asked back when she was pretending to be human she would have said no, but now that she could be herself...

And then there was the fact Shiro was asking. Holly couldn't help but blush herself.

"I would be..." she admitted.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Hunting Through Keliac - 119 4A - Page 34 Empty Re: Hunting Through Keliac - 119 4A

Post by Nara-pyon Sun May 29, 2016 1:41 am

At that, Shiro's smile grew wider, and now he ventured a glance at Holly's face. There was some colour there, and oddly enough, it gave him courage.

"And ... would you be willing to give it a try ... with me?" he asked. His heart was pounding so hard in his chest that he was sure she would be able to hear it, but he wasn't sure he would ever say anything if he didn't now.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

https://twoarda.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sun May 29, 2016 11:05 pm

Holly really hoped that Geran was distracting Rose, because she felt as red as a fire engine at the moment (though she probably wasn't that red in reality). She nodded excitedly and resisted the urge to tackle him.

Though she leaned over and admitted, "Later I am going to hug you."

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sun May 29, 2016 11:28 pm

Shiro's smile grew wider than he could ever remember smiling before, and he didn't care at this point who noticed.

"I should warn you," he murmured, happier than he had ever felt before, "I have a photographic memory. I'm not going to let you forget about that."

"Here we are," Geran announced suddenly from in front of them; and Shiro had just enough time to get his head on semi-straight before their host turned around and gestured towards the house they were in front of. It had a well-tended yard that was almost more flowers than grass, the flowerbeds all raised and bounded with shaped bricks. Even the front porch had hanging potted flowers.

"Pretty," Rose commented, looking around.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Mon May 30, 2016 10:25 pm

The lolita in Holly just wanted to squeal at the garden.

"What a lovely flower garden!" she exclaimed.

It was the perfect place to have a tea party, if one was so inclined to.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Mon May 30, 2016 10:50 pm

Shiro laughed at the sheer glee in Holly's face. It was incredible to see.

"Kallie's flowers are her pride and joy," Geran smiled, "among other things. Honestly I think she takes pride in everything she does - and joy. I don't think she's been down a day in her life."

"Surely, she must have had a bad day sometime," Rose pointed out.

Geran chuckled. "Doubtful. Come on, she'll be waiting for us by now." He led the way up the walk towards the house.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Mon May 30, 2016 11:17 pm

Holly followed alongside Shiro. She was curious to meet the woman that Geran clearly hero worshiped.

It also made her wonder if it was just the two siblings, or sort of sounded like it.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Mon May 30, 2016 11:51 pm

The inside of the house was as cheery as the outside: the furniture was exquisitely crafted, and in the windows and on small corner tables were more pots of brightly coloured flowers, all of them vibrant and full of life. The floors were hardwood, polished to a shine, and an enormous, multi-coloured woven rug covered the floor of the living room, which was the first room they saw.

"It's about time you made it," came a teasing female voice from a doorway. "Dinner's just about ready."

Geran chuckled softly. "Hearing like a hawk."

"I heard that," came the voice once more; and almost in the same instant, a petite (for an elf) woman appeared in the doorway. Her eyes were bright, filled with laughter. Her hair, pulled up into a bun, was more cream-coloured than gold, and despite the wisps that curled around her ears, she was still very pretty. "Hello. I'm Kallie. I'd shake your hands, but I'm afraid I'm not exactly clean at the moment."

Sure enough, there was flour on her hands - and on the apron she was wearing.

"Kallie, these are Rose, Holly and Shiro," Geran introduced them, grinning. "And you three, this is my sister, Kallie."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Tue May 31, 2016 9:07 pm

"It's good to meet you, Geran has spoken quite a bit about you," Holly replied.

Granted they had asked, but she was sure it didn't take a lot of prodding from them for Geran to talk to about her.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Tue May 31, 2016 9:16 pm

Kallie laughed and brushed her hands on her apron. "It doesn't surprise me," she grinned. "He doesn't think much of himself, despite what there all is to think of him. Then again, he's been like that for as long as I've known him."

Rose frowned. "That's ... a strange thing to say about your brother ..."

"Ah, yes," Kallie giggled. "I know. Truth is, we're not blood-related. Geran's parents were killed in a human raid from Poleria, I took him in and raised him."

Rose turned to Geran, her eyes wide in surprise. "No wonder you speak so highly of her."

Geran blushed and rubbed the back of his neck. "Well, I don't even remember that far back, so ..."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Tue May 31, 2016 9:26 pm

"Though it seems a part of you did remember," Holly murmured.

That was interesting to know, though it was more interesting that even Kallie thought Geran thought too little of himself.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Tue May 31, 2016 9:57 pm

"All I remember," Geran shrugged, "is Kallie. Her voice calming me when nothing else could."

His face was almost glowing now, and he stepped to one side and gestured for the others to continue inside. "Come on, the dining room is this way."

He touched Rose's arm gently, leading her forward towards the doorway where Kallie was standing. Kallie was still giggling as she turned and headed into the next room. As promised, it was a dining room, and the circular table was already set for five. There was a glass vase with a single long-stemmed white rose in the middle of the table. Around it was the food: enough food to feed a small army, or so it appeared.

"Just give me a moment to wash up and I'll be right there," Kallie grinned at them all. "I'll just be a moment."

Shiro pulled a chair out for Holly, and though his attention was on her, he couldn't help but notice that Geran was doing the same for Rose.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Tue May 31, 2016 10:22 pm

As Holly sat down, she too noted Geran's actions. Honestly she had mixed feelings about it, because she was pretty sure Geran had a crush on Rose by now.

Funnily enough, that was the same for Tobias as well.

"Thank you Shiro," Holly spoke softly to him in English.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Tue May 31, 2016 10:30 pm

Shiro just smiled and pushed Holly's chair in gently for her as she sat, and then took a seat next to her. Rose was on the other side of Holly, and Geran took the seat next to her, leaving the space between himself and Shiro for Kallie.
Kallie pulled off her apron and washed her hands in a basin on the counter before joining the four at the table.

"So Geran has told me a bit about you all," she said as she began to serve the food, "that you're just staying for a few days while Makaela visits her parents, and you're traveling with a large group ... but that seems to be nearly all he's told me. Aside from the fact that he just about killed you, Rose," she added, looking towards Rose.

"I didn't-" Geran spluttered, his face a bright red; but Kallie just laughed, and Geran sat back in his chair, his eyes on the ceiling.

Rose was also blushing slightly, but she smiled and murmured, "It was an accident, nothing major. No damage but a torn cloak."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Tue May 31, 2016 10:41 pm

Holly chewed her lower lip trying not to giggle. Poor Geran seemed a bit embarrassed and it was sweet that Rose was trying to down play it a bit.

"And Geran has been wonderful in helping out since then," Holly added, "He showed us around town yesterday."

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Tue May 31, 2016 10:52 pm

"So I heard," Kallie grinned. "I hope you all enjoyed the day as much as he did."

"I think we can safely say that we did," Shiro replied warmly. "We got to know the town fairly well, considering we've only been here a few days and are staying only a few more."

"How many more?" Kallie asked curiously.

Shiro considered for a moment. "Well, we said a week, and it's been four days, so I suppose two more."

At that, Geran looked stricken for the briefest of moments before he could mask his emotions. He cleared his throat and murmured, "I hope I can see you some more before you go. I know we've only known each other since yesterday, but I feel like we can call each other friends ..."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Tue May 31, 2016 11:04 pm

Holly blinked, and made another mental check off her list of reasons why she thought Geran had a crush on Rose.

"Of course,"
Holly agreed.

She wasn't use to making friends this quickly, but she knew from Miyuki it was something she would have to get use to as they would be traveling from place to place quickly. Besides, Miyuki always looked like she was having fun making quick friends.

"Though some of us might take the down time to work on a project or two," Holly admitted.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Tue May 31, 2016 11:06 pm

"Or take a break from projects," Shiro added with a chuckle.

"What kind of projects?" Kallie asked, sitting down at last, having served everyone. She began to eat, and the others followed suit.

"I just research," Shiro replied, uncertain whether it would be prudent to go into detail about his most recent projects - learning how to disguise his and others' appearances so that they could blend in with the people wherever they were.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:35 pm

"Wherever we go there is something new for him to learn," Holly chuckled, "As for myself, I make clothes."

Though Holly's clothes these days were simple (if one could call her style that) just a lot of frills and lace and petite coats that made her skirt all puffy. They were all solid colours, she hadn't gotten out any of her themed clothing for a while, she just hadn't had the chance to.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:42 pm

"And you, Rose?" Kallie asked curiously, looking towards her.

Rose lowered her gaze and gave an embarrassed smile. "No projects for me, I'm afraid," she murmured. "I don't have a trade of my own, really, I just ... I'm just terribly interested in economy, and finding out what might be valuable in a given area."

"Ah, I see," Kallie smiled. "Along for the adventure, then?"

Rose considered the question. "I suppose you could say that, yes," she agreed finally.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Wed Jun 01, 2016 10:08 pm

Seeing as they were all supposed to be Light Elves it would be a bit difficult to explain that Rose was finding a new place to live.

"So... what can you tell us about Geran? He doesn't like to talk about himself that much," Holly started, pushing the conversation back onto the person who invited them.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Wed Jun 01, 2016 10:16 pm

"As you say," Kallie grinned, her eyes sparkling brightly, "he doesn't like to talk about himself that much. He is very modest. And despite what life has thrown at him, he is an incredible young man."

Geran, his eyes on his food, kept eating, though his face was growing steadily redder.

"He was brought to me when he was about three years old, as I said," Kallie went on, already warm on the subject, "and he's been with me ever since. He's always been a hard worker, and a very tender soul. Seems to have a kind of connection with animals, too, which is something rarely seen - at least, to that degree. He cares a great deal for others, too. He will always do anything he can to make things right if he feels he's wronged someone, or to help someone out who might be in need."

"I think we're seeing the result of that," Rose laughed softly. "Honestly, he has more than made up for the accident the other day. And I'm fairly sure he knows it, too."

Kallie giggled. "Then he hasn't yet explained to you just why he invited you here tonight?"
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Wed Jun 01, 2016 10:21 pm

"He said he wanted us to meet you," Holly admitted.

Though she didn't admitted she suspected why Geran had invited them, and really hoped that he hadn't told his sister, because then this was going to get awkward very quickly.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Wed Jun 01, 2016 10:26 pm

"Yes," Kallie agreed, "but not because he feels he has to make it up to you for the accident and the inconvenience. The other day, when he met you - well, Rose and Holly, anyways - he told me about you and I must admit, I became very curious and eager to meet you both. So I encouraged him to invite you for dinner. Of course, Shiro, I'm also glad that you came, too. After all, a single young man inviting only ladies to visit could start some scandalous rumours, could it not?"

There was laughter in her eyes, and she grinned at her brother.

Shiro chuckled softly. "I have to admit, it could," he nodded. "And I'm sure, especially in a town of this size."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Wed Jun 01, 2016 10:32 pm

Holly chuckled at this, that was very true, even if she hadn't been thinking about it at the time. Funny, she use to think like that when living back at the town she started in, but now she was thinking like herself again.

"If I may ask, why so curious?" Holly inquired.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 34 of 40 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 40  Next