The World of Arda
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hunting Through Keliac - 119 4A

2 posters

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

Hunting Through Keliac - 119 4A - Page 30 Empty Re: Hunting Through Keliac - 119 4A

Post by Kara Winters Sun May 08, 2016 12:30 am

"It's been quite a day," Holly admitted, "I hope your day has been more peaceful?"

She imagined it was, but it also depended if Kaito was around. Though Kaito had been pestering Shiro less and less as of late, leaving that to Holly, because Holly got better results.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Hunting Through Keliac - 119 4A - Page 30 Empty Re: Hunting Through Keliac - 119 4A

Post by Nara-pyon Sun May 08, 2016 3:33 pm

"More so than usual," Shiro murmured his brow furrowing slightly. "I think Kaito's eager for me to get this licked. But what happened to you?"

"Long story," Rose muttered. "Maybe Holly can tell you about it. At the moment, I'd just like to be myself so I can rest better."

"Sure." Shiro took on a look of concentration, and he passed his hands in front of Holly and Rose. Their blond hair and elven ears faded into their natural looks, and Rose uttered a soft sigh of relief. 

"Thanks," she murmured. She touched Holly's arm lightly. "I hope you don't mind, but I'd really like to take a nap. I know I said I was going to help with dinner but I just don't have the energy."

She looked tired, too. Now that her disguise had been lifted, there were dark circles under her blue-grey eyes. With a smile at her friends (yes, she counted Shiro as a friend now, too, though she had known him for a short time), she left her friends alone together in the lab.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

https://twoarda.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sun May 08, 2016 6:50 pm

While Holy was sure today was a whirl wind of events for Rose, it was surprising how tired she looked.

"Hopefully she'll be well rested by tomorrow," Holly murmured.

Especially since they were going to have to go out to the market tomorrow with their new guide.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Mon May 09, 2016 6:28 pm

"Hopefully," Shiro replied softly, watching as Rose left the room. "I don't think I've ever seen her so tired. What happened?"

He looked to Holly and glanced her over, relief washing over him when he saw that she didn't look as though anything were bothering her - at least not to the same extent as Rose was obviously bothered.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Mon May 09, 2016 6:53 pm

"She nearly was run over by a horse and rider," Holly explained.

She then went on to explain how it just so happened the rider was someone that Makeala knew and his insistence on making things right.

"Physically, Rose is fine," Holly finished, "But I think the damage to her cloak bothered her a great deal."

So much so that Holly was thinking she should start work on that cloak sooner rather than later, especially since the embroidery was going to take a long while.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Mon May 09, 2016 7:11 pm

Shiro sighed softly. "Well, I suppose it would be like us nearly getting hit by a car," he admitted. "As for her cloak, you're probably right - though I suspect you would know that a lot better than I would. Still, I'm glad she's all right."

He paused briefly. "So you're going with this guy tomorrow ... you're all right with that? I mean, I know that ... overall, elves are more ... trustworthy ... than humans, or people back in Gaia, but ... I mean, even if Makaela knows him, he is essentially a stranger to the rest of us."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Mon May 09, 2016 7:45 pm

"Eh...." Holly shrugged, "He insisted, and I can't leave Rose alone because he was far more... eager to make amends than Rose was comfortable with. Can't blame her in that regard, though without knowing how it happened, I can't say for his reasons. He could just be really embarrassed that it turned out the girl he nearly ran over was a guest of his business' partner's family, or he's worried if he doesn't do something Rose will run off before he can make things right. The main issue is, I don't know if he did a hit and run as we would call it back home, or Rose ran off before he could do anything, both are a possibility."

And not wanting to make things awkward, Holly never asked.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Mon May 09, 2016 7:50 pm

"Do you want me to come with as well?" Shiro offered hesitantly. "I mean ... I know I promised Kaito and Eron I would figure this out for them - but I think I'm close-ish ..."

Would he finish before morning? He wasn't sure. But he didn't want to leave the girls alone, either ... and it wasn't as if Kaito could go, if Shiro didn't figure out the shape-changing magic ...
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Mon May 09, 2016 11:34 pm

Holly thought about it, maybe it would be for the best. If there was something off, it wasn't like Holly could do much about it, but with help...

"I would like that actually," Holly admitted, "But I don't want to make you work harder, which I know you'll do..."

Because Shiro was just predictable like that.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Mon May 09, 2016 11:39 pm

Shiro shrugged, but he couldn't stop the light blush that sprinkled his cheeks. "It needs to be done," he said simply. "Besides, there's plenty of time for resting later, right?"

He smiled. Once they left Keliac, they likely wouldn't need to disguise themselves for a while. After all, the plan was to finish out Winter in Eaulir before going north to Poleria ... or something like that. He didn't know if the plan would change now that they'd come to Keliac, but he did know that at least they would have to go back to Eaulir to tell Killian what had happened.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Mon May 09, 2016 11:43 pm

"As long as you don't pull an all-nighter," Holly replied with a bit of worry in her voice.

She knew how stubborn Shiro could be, but she was sure Kaito and Eron would understand, especially since Shiro was coming out as a favour to her.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Mon May 09, 2016 11:46 pm

Shiro opened his mouth to reply, but he had to lower his gaze in embarrassment. Holly had a point: he probably would pull an all-nighter without even realizing it.

"I'll try not," he offered finally. With an apologetic shrug, he added, "It's the best I can do."

He knew he had a tendency to lose track of time.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Mon May 09, 2016 11:58 pm

"Do you have an alarm clock app on your tablet?" Holly asked.

She had only used it a few times, but she noticed there was quite a number of things on that app, and wondered if a clock was one of them.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Tue May 10, 2016 12:16 am

Shiro shook his head. "No need for it," he replied. "Though ... it wouldn't take long to make one ..."

He leaned back in his chair, thinking about it. It was a good idea, he had to admit; but he also had to admit that he didn't really want such an app, as he didn't want to come to rely on it to remind him to do things. Still, he could always delete the app when he was finished with it ...

But then there was also the problem that alarms weren't flexible. If it went off when he was nearly finished, he would ignore it but probably take more time than otherwise needed just because of the interruption to his thought process. If he felt like it was too early to quit, he would just ignore it - he knew he would, just as he so easily ignored his twin.

"I'm not entirely sure it would be effective," he mused aloud, frowning. "Too easy to simply turn off and forget ..."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Tue May 10, 2016 10:45 pm

"Do you want me to get you at a certain time?" Holly asked.

Even at her worse, Holly (most of the time) didn't lose track of time when she worked. So she could work and then remind Shiro to go to bed.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Tue May 10, 2016 10:51 pm

"It would probably be safest," Shiro admitted, glad that she had suggested it and that he hadn't had to ask her. He had to admit, it seemed she was the only one who could really get his attention. "Thanks."

He was about to turn back to his research when he realized something else. Blushing slightly, he added, "And ... I don't want to be a pain, but ... I probably won't realize when dinner is ready, either ..."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Tue May 10, 2016 11:04 pm

Holly chuckled at this, "That is fine, I would have gotten you anyways for dinner."

As she was sure Shiro would miss dinner otherwise as well.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Tue May 10, 2016 11:20 pm

Shiro's smile widened.

"Thanks," he murmured. "But I should get back to work now. The more I get done, the more likely I'll be able to get it done soon."

At least they had a created outdoors indoors, so that at least Eron and Kaito could get fresh air and sunshine while they were here. For that matter, Kaito was probably getting some sun right now.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Thu May 12, 2016 8:51 pm

The next morning, Holly was ready to go. She had spent last night working on the vest, since she didn't have the equipment to work on Rose's cloak. The neko did go to Andarien and Shoneah to see if they could make a magnifier in anyway, explaining Rose's request.

Something either that could be put on a stand and adjusted or something she could put on her face like glasses so her hands could be free to do its work.

She also told Rose last night that Shiro was going to come with them.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Thu May 12, 2016 9:04 pm

Shoneah and Andarien were more than willing to help Holly out with a magnifier, and there was an unusual sparkle in Andarien's eye when he promised he would do what he could.

When morning came, Rose looked much better, even before Shiro disguised her. He did so early, disguising her, Holly and himself long before Geran's expected arrival just in case he showed up early for some reason.

To be honest, Rose was glad Shiro was coming along as well. For his sake, because it meant he wouldn't be working like mad all day again; for Holly, because she really did believe that Shiro was more than just fond of her friend, and she wanted to see if and how anything would come of it; and for herself, because she was still nervous being out int he town, and she knew that Shiro would be able to come up with some way (she hoped anyways) of helping out in case something happened.

"It's been a while since you've been out of your lab for any length of time," she teased Shiro, a sure sign that she was feeling better.

Shiro just smiled, not bothered in the least by her comment. "It's necessary work," he replied simply.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Thu May 12, 2016 9:15 pm

"There's necessary work, and then there's working yourself to the ground," Holly replied, "Still, thank you for coming with us."

She smiled warmly at Shiro, while it was good for Shiro to be out and about, that wasn't why Holly had asked, and she was just grateful to have another person present. Despite being all for the strong independent woman, she understood that sometimes (often due to culture bias) having a guy around was necessary.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Thu May 12, 2016 9:23 pm

Shiro's smile widened, and he directed it now to Holly. "My pleasure," he murmured.

Rose just grinned. "We should probably wait for him outside," she pointed out, seriousing up. "If he comes in here and someone's walking around without a disguise, it could cause problems."

She already had her bag and was ready to go.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Thu May 12, 2016 10:02 pm

"Let's go then," Holly replied, "Before we cause an incident."

Because Rose was right, that would be bad if anyone else came in and saw another elf walking around... or even a neko, or someone with wings.

Exiting the tent, Holly looked up at the sky, it seemed like a good clear day, that was promising.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Thu May 12, 2016 10:20 pm

Shiro suggested they wait out front of the house, and it turned out to be a really good suggestion: just as they came around the corner of the house, Geran was entering the yard from the street. He smiled widely when he saw them and waved to them; but suddenly a slightly confused look came over his face.

"Good morning!" he called brightly. "I see you have someone else with you today!"

Rose nodded as they approached Geran. "Our friend, Shiro," she introduced him. Then, turning to Shiro, she added, "Shiro, this is Geran."

Geran thrust one hand forward. "Pleasure to meet you," he said warmly, though he still had a bit of an odd look on his face.

"Likewise," Shiro replied, shaking his hand firmly.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Thu May 12, 2016 10:50 pm

"I asked Shiro to come with us today, he is often researching when we make stops and he just needs to get out and enjoy the location before we move on," Holly explained.

It was a bold face lie, but an easy one for a neko who pretended to be human for many years.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next