The World of Arda
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hunting Through Keliac - 119 4A

2 posters

Page 35 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next

Go down

Hunting Through Keliac - 119 4A - Page 35 Empty Re: Hunting Through Keliac - 119 4A

Post by Nara-pyon Wed Jun 01, 2016 10:46 pm

Kallie looked at Geran and raised one eyebrow slightly. "Well, dear brother?" she murmured. "Is it an appropriate time?"

Geran cleared his throat and glanced briefly at his sister before turning to Rose. His cheeks were still filled with colour, but he seemed resolved to do whatever it was that Kallie was talking about.

"I ... I had hoped," he began, setting down his fork and knife and wiping his palms on his pants, "to save this for after dinner ... perhaps for later this evening ... but since it does seem to have come up on its own ..."

He hesitated momentarily, then swallowed and looked at Rose. "I know we only met a scant few days ago," he murmured, "and I ... I can't explain how or why, but ... there is something about you, Rose, that I ... I can't seem to put you out of my mind."

Immediately, Rose began to blush, though she courageously continued to look at him.

"It is a strange thing, to feel ... well, anything, but especially so ... strongly after only a few days," he went on. "I know it's unlikely that you think anything of me other than that I must be careless or ... I don't know. But I had hoped ... was wondering ... thinking ... if I might ... perhaps ... when you leave, as I know you must ... if I might travel with your group, if only for a while, and see ... if there is any possibility that you might ... I mean, that we might ..."

But it seemed he couldn't say anything more. He swallowed hard and licked his lips, and underneath the table, his hands were shaking.

Rose leaned back in her chair and looked at him, not quite stunned, but certainly surprised. Holly had teased her, but she hadn't taken her friend seriously. But more than that, how could she answer him honestly without telling him what she really was? She wasn't the golden-haired, long-eared Light Elf that he thought she was. She was human, like the ones who had killed his parents. And how could she tell him without possibly putting the rest of their group in danger? It wasn't her place to out them all ...
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

https://twoarda.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Hunting Through Keliac - 119 4A - Page 35 Empty Re: Hunting Through Keliac - 119 4A

Post by Kara Winters Wed Jun 01, 2016 11:23 pm

Holly chewed her lower lip, this was going to be far more awkward than she had anticipated.

"That's... not really up to us," Holly replied slowly, "The real person to ask, is Kyrie as she oversees the safety of all of us."

And... it would buy them a bit of time to get out if they really needed to tell him.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Wed Jun 01, 2016 11:33 pm

Geran nodded in understanding, though his eyes were still on Rose.

"Before I ask her, though," he murmured, "I need to know ... if you want me to. If you don't, just say so, and that will be the end of it. But if there's ... a chance ... then tell me, so that I can ask."

Rose ran her fingers through her hair and glanced at Shiro and Holly. "I can't encourage him without telling him the truth about us," she murmured in English, hoping that Geran and Kallie wouldn't understand. "What do you two think?"
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Thu Jun 02, 2016 8:33 pm

"I... actually don't feel that comfortable with this," Holly admitted.

Geran seemed like a nice guy but they had only known him for a day and who knew how he was going to react to finding out none of them were Light Elves.

"But we might not have a choice?"

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Thu Jun 02, 2016 8:49 pm

Rose nodded. It wasn't her decision alone, and she had to respect how the others felt, and if Holly wasn't comfortable, then that was enough for her. At least for the moment.

"Look, Geran," she murmured, turning back to him, "you're right ... we only met two days ago. Maybe ... let me talk to the rest of the group, see what they think, all right?" She smiled at him. "To be honest, you've taken me by surprise. I really don't know what to say."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:29 pm

That might have been an understatement Holly couldn't help but think.

She just hoped that Geran would take that answer for the moment.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:02 pm

Geran nodded and took a deep breath. "I understand," he agreed. "I respect that. And to be honest, I'm just happy that you're not dismissing me out of hand."

Rose chewed her lower lip. It had been tempting ... but he was a nice guy, and she was surprised to find that she was willing to give him a chance. It was something she never would have expected - ever.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:27 pm

Holly glanced over at Rose and back at Geran. She was still surprised he had decided on this so quickly.

"I'm kind of surprised you want to travel after only knowing any of us for two days," Holly admitted.

True, she and Rose did, but Holly had circumstances that required her to take a leap of faith so to speak.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:39 pm

"And there are so many of your group that I haven't yet met," Geran added with a smile. "I know. But I have never felt this way about anyone, never ... been so eager to get to know anyone. And I know that you do not plan to stay, nor would it be fair to ask that of you. I am but a simple horse trainer and stable keeper. Who would miss me, but Kallie?"

"Not that I see all that much of you as it is," Kallie spoke up, reaching over and putting one hand gently on Geran's. "Still," she continued, looking towards the others, "Geran's happiness is all that I desire for him. If it is elsewhere than here, then so be it."

"And if nothing comes of it, then I return home, no harm done," Geran nodded, looking at Rose. "But again, I don't want to pressure you. If you would rather I didn't, you have only to say the word."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sun Jun 05, 2016 12:22 am

"Well give Rose and the rest of us a bit to get back to you on that okay?" Holly inquired.

No one would mind really, as long as Geran realized what he was getting himself into.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sun Jun 05, 2016 4:01 pm

Geran nodded. "Of course. And in the meantime, we can have a pleasant meal and still continue to get to know each other." He smiled warmly.

And indeed, the remainder of the meal was pleasant, and Kallie and Geran were both open to questions, free with their answers, and cheerful throughout, which meant that Rose felt no pressure from them in the least. When the meal was over, they all helped with the cleanup and then Kallie had one extra dessert for them. It was getting very close to dark before they said reluctantly that they had to leave, and Geran offered to walk them all back to their tent. Rose accepted the offer, hoping that before he left them for the night, she could at least tell him about herself, even if the others weren't yet comfortable telling him about them.

With that on her mind, however, she was more thoughtful than talkative on the way back, and when they did reach the tent once more, she turned to Shiro, and in English, asked, "Would you mind sticking around for a moment? I want to tell Geran the truth about what I am ... and it might be easier for him to see it ..."

Shiro glanced briefly at Holly, but nodded at Rose. "Of course."

"I'll only tell him about myself for now," Rose added hastily. "I won't say anything about anyone else for the moment, if you don't want. I know you weren't fond of the idea at dinner," she added to Holly.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sun Jun 05, 2016 4:25 pm

"Old habits die hard," Holly admitted.

She had spent ten years as a human, so being other wasn't that unusual to her.

"Do you want me to stay regardless?"

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sun Jun 05, 2016 4:28 pm

Gratitude flashed across Rose's face, but she murmured, "It's up to you. I ... might need some support, though."

While they were talking, Geran was looking at them all curiously, wondering what was going on that he couldn't understand what they were saying.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sun Jun 05, 2016 4:40 pm

"Of course," Holly replied reaching out and taking Rose's hand.

She understood how scary it would be to reveal one's self for the first time.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sun Jun 05, 2016 4:52 pm

Rose smiled at Holly and took a deep breath before turning to Geran.

"Everything all right?" Geran asked with a smile that was both confused and concerned.

Rose nodded. "Yes ... Geran ..." She licked her lips, which were suddenly very dry. "I ... have something that I need to tell you, before ... before I speak with Kyrie about you joining us. Which I will do, if ... if you still want me to, after ..."

Geran frowned gently, clearly worried about whatever it was she was trying to say, but remained silent.

Shiro nodded encouragement to Rose, and she swallowed hard. "Geran," she said, her voice stronger now, "I'm not Light Elven. I'm not any Elven. I'm human."

Geran blinked and stared at her. The corners of his mouth turned down, and his brow furrowed deeply. "Human?" he repeated blankly.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sun Jun 05, 2016 4:55 pm

"Shiro?" Holly looked over to him.

Now would be as good a time as any for a reveal. Though her heart was racing for Rose.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sun Jun 05, 2016 5:10 pm

Rose was thinking the same thing, and she also looked to Shiro and gave him a nod of confirmation. Shiro concentrated and, pressing his hands together and then gesturing towards Rose, dissipated the magic that had disguised her. Her blond hair melted into chestnut brown, her blue eyes faded into gray, and the tips of her magically pointed ears melded down into round human ears. Aside from that, her features remained the same, and Geran could see that it was still her.

Still, he hesitated.

"I'll be honest," Rose said hesitantly, looking at him. "I never thought that I would ever even be tempted to consider a relationship with someone who was not human. I'm sure you're thinking the same thing for Light Elves right now. And like you, I don't know what's changed ... but somehow, something has. So if this is still something you'd like me to ask the others about ... then I will. But if this changes your mind, then I will respect your decision, and when we leave in a few days you will never hear from me again."

Geran nodded slowly and leaned against a nearby tree, running his fingers through his hair. "It ... it's a lot to take in," he admitted softly.

Rose swallowed and unconsciously squeezed Holly's hand lightly, needing to feel that little bit of support. "I know. And like you said with me, there's no rush. Take some time to think about it. We'll still be here a few more days, after all."

"That being said," Shiro interrupted, "we do ask that you respect Rose's decision to hide her race while we're here. We have been told that things could become rather unpleasant for non-Light Elves in this area, which was her purpose in keeping it hidden."

Geran nodded mechanically. "Of course."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sun Jun 05, 2016 8:14 pm

Holly was sure they just shocked Geran completely, which wasn't a surprise. This wasn't something that normally happened.

"Thank you for your understanding, we'll see you later alright?" Holly inquired.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sun Jun 05, 2016 8:18 pm

Geran nodded slowly; then, as if coming out of a daze, he shook his head to clear it and bowed slightly.

"Good night," he murmured. "Take care. I ... I hope to see you again soon, one way or the other."

"Good night," Rose murmured softly. Her eyes followed him as he turned and left the yard, heading for the front of the house.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sun Jun 05, 2016 8:43 pm

Once Geran was out of sight, Holly had to comment, "Well that went well."

Granted it could have been the shock talking when Geran replied back, but otherwise it went well.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sun Jun 05, 2016 8:54 pm

Rose looked at Holly, and though she was smiling, her muscles were visibly tense.

"As well as it could, I suppose," she murmured. She sighed softly and ran her fingers through her hair. "I suppose we should go inside before anyone else sees me."

And with that, she pulled the tent flap open and stepped inside.

Shiro stepped forward and hesitated briefly before holding a hand out to Holly.

"I hope, for Rose's sake, that no problems arise from this," he said softly. "It was brave of her to give it a try." And unexpected.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Mon Jun 06, 2016 11:00 pm

"It is... and unexpected," Holly murmured voicing Shiro's thought as she took his hand.

Not just because he was an elf though, Rose had never shown any interest in courting. Granted she had always been pushed to do so, so maybe when left to her own choice she didn't mind looking. Geran was very nice and it was clear he was quite honest.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Mon Jun 06, 2016 11:03 pm

"So it's not just me," Shiro murmured with a smile. "I had wondered, I have to admit."

He reached for the tent door and held it open so that Holly could head inside first.

"I wonder if he'll be back," he said thoughtfully.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Tue Jun 07, 2016 10:50 pm

"I kind of hope so, at least on good terms," Holly admitted, "I mean, I don't know him that well, but I think it would be sad if he didn't come back."

Though no one would blame him at this moment.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:13 pm

"It would," Shiro agreed softly.

As late as it was, it wasn't long before just about everyone in the tent turned in for the night, including Shiro - who first got his promised hug from Holly.

The following day - the group's second last day in the town - most of the group went out to enjoy the town, in disguise when necessary. Rose, however, stayed back, on the one hand nervous of running into Geran out in the town, but on the other hand half-hoping he would show up at the tent.

Shiro's experiment the day before with Kaito had been a success - the neko had still been in Light Elven form when he and Holly had returned - and so he was out with Kaito in the town, showing him around. After all, he now knew quite a bit about it.

Rose was bound and determined to keep herself busy and hopefully not fret the day away, so was wandering around the tent, looking for someone to help.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 35 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next