The World of Arda
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Return to Eaulir - 119 4A

2 posters

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

A Return to Eaulir - 119 4A - Page 2 Empty Re: A Return to Eaulir - 119 4A

Post by Kara Winters Mon Jul 18, 2016 12:01 am

"It is, or at least, the initial news is unhappy," Miyuki admitted, "The settlements, or at least the ones we found were wiped out. There could be others we're not aware of, but the ones closest to the Eausin border no longer exist."

She was clearly troubled by it even after all this time, after all these were families.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Mon Jul 18, 2016 12:05 am

Nyx's eyes grew wide, but Atl frowned. "Wiped out?" he repeated. "By what? By whom? You make it sound like ... like where they were was part of it ..."

"So it wasn't natural," Nyx said quietly.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

https://twoarda.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Mon Jul 18, 2016 12:10 am

"Mercenaries were the cause," Miyuki replied softly, "The details of why it was done, I'll wait until Kyrie arrives to explain. I don't fully understand it myself, but I have trouble in general understanding anything like this."

She could only shrug helplessly, because she didn't know as much as Kyrie or Wren, and stuff like this was just difficult to understand.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Mon Jul 18, 2016 12:20 am

"Mercenaries?" Nyx repeated, her tone showing clearly that she didn't understand the word, despite it being in her own language.

She and Atl looked up as Kyrie, Iorlas and Wren all stepped out of the tent. They stared at Wren as the three women joined them on the blanket. "Your hair ..." Nyx frowned.

Wren reached up self-consciously and stroked her still-short hair. It had begun growing back in, and was growing in quickly, but it was still barely past her ears and she was well aware that it still looked masculine. "Yes ... Miyuki is explaining, to my understanding."

Kyrie looked to Miyuki. "Go ahead, don't let us stop you," she told her seriously. "Just let us know if you want us to pick up the threads."

Though Miyuki had been absent for a good part of it, Kyrie was still sure that she knew at least the basics of the story.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Mon Jul 18, 2016 12:29 am

"I'll try, but you'll need to pick up at the part where we followed the mercenaries' source," Miyuki explained.

Gathering her thoughts and what she could remember, Miyuki then began to tell the story of how it all came to be, their quick travel to Eausin and what they found, and what happened to the mercenaries that were stationed there.

It was only when they reached that town did Miyuki ask Wren and Kyrie to pick up the rest of the story.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Mon Jul 18, 2016 12:42 am

Without going into too much detail, Kyrie explained about their trip into Keliac. When she reached the point about infiltrating the mercenaries' plantation, Wren took over. She also didn't give too much detail, but simply explained that there had been a person who had amassed a fortune by sending men out to clear the way for her to take almost anything she wanted and trade it for riches so that she could live in complete and utter luxury.

Atl and Nyx were stunned. "There are people like that?" Atl asked in disbelief.

"There are bad people everywhere," Kyrie replied dryly. "No matter the race or purity of their blood."

"At least there is less one person like that," Wren said with a note of satisfaction. "Even if only temporarily. And hopefully it will serve as a warning to others."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Mon Jul 18, 2016 9:45 pm

Miyuki nodded at this, the slight advantage with elves was that with long lives came long memories, they were unlikely to forget.

"And after that we came back here, to tell Killian, since that's what we promised in exchange for him to stay put."

And he did, so the very least they could do was bring back news.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Mon Jul 18, 2016 9:48 pm

"Killian?" Atl was startled. "He wanted to go with you?"

Nyx just sighed. "This surprises you?" she murmured to her husband. "He would be quite happy to wander the world if he could get away with it."

"Well, with his too-friendly attitude," Kyrie said dryly, "he wouldn't last long."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Mon Jul 18, 2016 9:59 pm

"Andarien and Sliverbirch ran into him, and brought him back to the tent for a meal," Miyuki explained with a bit of a chuckle, "I'm not sure what the circumstances were that they ended up doing that, but he's... a bit of an interesting character."

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Mon Jul 18, 2016 10:10 pm

"He's a nut," Atl said flatly.

Nyx smiled faintly and leaned against her husband's shoulder. "He's never forgiven Killian for flirting with me even after we were engaged and then married," she explained to the others. "Still, thank you for convincing him to stay. It would devastate his family if he left."

"Well, we really won't have a way to convince him to stay when we leave this time," Kyrie frowned. "Even if we were simply to forbid him to travel with us, that doesn't mean that he wouldn't follow us on his own."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Mon Jul 18, 2016 10:24 pm

"And it would be safer if he traveled with us than him following, but maybe make it clear that when we're done traveling, he's going to be far from home?" Miyuki suggested, "I don't know if that would help at all... but he will be. We won't be coming back here unless we get another detour."

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Mon Jul 18, 2016 10:36 pm

The two Water Elves exchanged a look. "Well, that might deter him," Nyx said slowly.

"We could probably head him off," Atl said. "We're returning to the ocean tomorrow. Teslin has begun breathing under the water, so we're going home."

He looked over at his son proudly.

"And if we're going to have any more children," Nyx murmured, "I think I would feel better if we waited a while and stayed away from Eausin."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Mon Jul 18, 2016 11:00 pm

Miyuki smiled, that was good news. It did feel like the Water Elves were putting themselves out in the open whenever they were raising their children.

"We would like that,"
Miyuki admitted, "Don't get me wrong, normally it's great to have company, but I don't know if Killian really knows what he's getting into with us."

After all, their journey wasn't always going to be safe and sometimes they would purposely put themselves in harms way. True, they allowed Geran to come, but Geran had a reason beyond traveling the world.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Mon Jul 18, 2016 11:20 pm

"He tends not to think before he does anything," Atl sighed. "Well, we'll see what we can do to keep him from going off."

"And we will do the same," Wren promised.

They visited a bit longer before the Water Elves headed out again. It was two days before they heard from anyone else again. Some of the group had gone out into the jungle - Shoneah and Andarien in an attempt to dig out more of the Littinum they'd found on their previous visit; Jassin and Lashrael in search of more ingredients, and seeds to start growing their own plants for it in the gardens; Kyrie was out on a hunt, and Daeron and Wren had gone with her; and a few were swimming or spending time on the beach.

Geran, swimming with Rose and a few others, was the first to spot their visitor.

"Hey, who's this?" he said, wiping water from his face and looking down the beach.

Rose turned to look and half-frowned. "Killian," she sighed. She treaded water a few seconds more, then started towards the shore. "Best not be in deep water when he's around, Silverbirch says that he has a habit of tugging you under the water unexpectedly, and that's something I'm not looking forward to experiencing."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Mon Jul 18, 2016 11:46 pm

Miyuki was inside the tent working on the new 'waterfall' room. She had finally figured out how she wanted it to be and how to keep the circulation going. She wanted to try with that before making the rice paddy room, just to make sure everything worked first.

Outside, Holly was floating on the surfboard, and Lin was watching from shore.

Holly began to paddle back to shore, following Rose.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Tue Jul 19, 2016 12:02 am

All of the swimmers had made it to shore before Killian made it to the camp. He looked just the same as he had the last time they'd seen him - wearing nothing but a wrap around his waist, his tealy blue hair bouncing around his shoulders as he jogged towards them.

"Hey! New faces!" was the first thing that came out of his mouth when he finally reached them. He eyed Geran and Tehlmar (who had also been swimming, but who had now joined his wife on the beach), let his gaze linger on Takari, and then turned his attention back to Rose - the one he had given his attentions during the dinner he'd spent with them on his last visit.

"Rose," he grinned; and, striding right up to her, he put one arm around her shoulder. "How wonderful to see you again."

Geran was too stunned to react, but stood there, watching, gaping like a fish as this (to him) stranger made himself comfortable with the woman he was trying to court.

"Killian," Rose sighed, ducking out from his arm, "seriously? No wonder Silverbirch had to threaten you to behave."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Tue Jul 19, 2016 11:48 pm

Holly shook her head, "Killian, really? Surely you're here for other reasons than to be friendly with Rose."

Besides, he seemed to just like to flirt with everyone. Perhaps it was for the best he wasn't going to be coming with them.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Wed Jul 20, 2016 12:07 am

"Of course I am," the flirtatious Water Elf agreed, stumbling slightly as Rose pushed him away. "But there's no reason I can't have a bit of fun while I'm here."

"Yes, there is every reason for you not to have that kind of fun while you're here," Rose snorted. "First of all, you're not impressing anyone with your childish antics, and secondly, you're actually going so far as to alienate the people you're trying to be friends with."

"May have to look for Shoneah again," Shiro commented, coming up behind Holly.

Instead of looking threatened, Killian appeared pleased. "Yes, I had been hoping to see her again. Where is she?"
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Wed Jul 20, 2016 12:10 am

Holly was actually quite grateful that Shoneah wasn't around, because clearly Killian was shameless. Even by Gaian standards and that was kind of impressive.

"She's off with Andarien," Holly replied not giving him details, "Why do you ask?"

Did she really want to know?

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Wed Jul 20, 2016 1:40 pm

"Well, you know, she really is quite impressive," Killian grinned. "Do I need any reason more than that?"

Geran sidled up to Rose, leaned over, and murmured, "Is he serious?"

Rose rolled her eyes. "Never. Just ignore him, he'll sweet talk just about any female in sight."

Geran relaxed and straightened up again, standing near Rose.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:33 pm

Holly blinked in a way that any cat owner could tell she was not impressed.

"Sure, whatever, take a seat because she and Andarien will be a while," Holly replied.

It wasn't worth arguing with him, it would be like arguing with Kaito. Actually having an argument with Kaito would be better.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:47 pm

"Sit?" Killian repeated, straightening his back indignantly. "Sit? My dear Holly, how can you even suggest such a thing? To merely sit when there are so many things that could be done is simply ludicrous! However," he added, calming and sidling up to her, "if you would care to join me in the water ..."

Suddenly, without warning, Shiro stepped forward and smacked the Water Elf upside the head.

"If you can't keep a civil tongue in your mouth," he said sharply, "you're free to go home and come back later. Your mannerisms are neither appropriate nor welcome. We've returned here out of no obligation but simply out of courtesy to let you know of our findings and if you are going to act so - so childishly-"

Kaito interrupted his brother with a low whistle. "Congratulations, Killian. I've never seen Shiro like this with anyone but me."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Wed Jul 20, 2016 9:00 pm

Holly sighed and looked over at Kaito, "You'll be next, don't take your brother's fire."

In other words, Shiro was on a roll and let him be. While Holly would prefer Killian leave her alone, she would be lying if she wasn't touched by Shiro's actions.

Even if those actions were semi violent.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Wed Jul 20, 2016 9:16 pm

Killian was grinning at Kaito, who was grinning right back at him.

Shiro facepalmed. "Kaito, you are not helping things. Killian, I don't know exactly what things are like in Kilemtor, but I suspect that most people are not like you. If the women here were responding favourably to your actions, it would be one thing, but every member of our group whom you've tried to flirt with has resisted you and in face told you off. If you had any respect for people at all, you would honour their requests to stop acting so immature. The last time we were here, you asked if you could travel with us. The answer then was no simply because it was too dangerous. But how you could even have asked - how you could have dared - when you refuse to respect anyone?"

"Not to mention," Rose added with a sigh, though she was smiling faintly, "you don't seem to care if the women you flirt with are spoken for or not."

Rose's comment stunned Killian, far more than Shiro's rant, and he blinked at her, and then at Holly, clearly not understanding. Of course, they had both been single when they had last been there.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Wed Jul 20, 2016 9:22 pm

"To be clear," Holly tried her best not to laugh at Killian, "Atl told us about you h-flirting with Nyx. That is specifically what she was referring to. Well that and you seem to have an unusual interest in Sliverbirch who is taken."

Honestly, it was a good thing Miyuki wasn't around, she might have done something to Killian in principle of the point.

"But, just to be clearer, Geran is courting Rose and Shiro is courting me. So... try to tone it down a bit?"

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next