The World of Arda
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dashing Through Dolerum (119 4A)

2 posters

Page 25 of 26 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26  Next

Go down

Dashing Through Dolerum (119 4A) - Page 25 Empty Re: Dashing Through Dolerum (119 4A)

Post by Nara-pyon Sat Mar 14, 2015 11:28 pm

Andarien looked at Miyuki and blinked slowly, then nodded. "All right. We'll be there in a few minutes, then."

Shoneah grinned, and immediately she turned to help Andarien with the forge. "And should we put things away?" she asked him. "Once it's cool and we have dinner, there won't be much point to coming back here tonight."

"I might, but if I do I can get the things I need then," Andarien decided. "Let's just clean everything up."

Zeus pranced around the doorway, yipping to Miyuki that he would make sure that they came to dinner as soon as possible.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

https://twoarda.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Dashing Through Dolerum (119 4A) - Page 25 Empty Re: Dashing Through Dolerum (119 4A)

Post by Kara Winters Sat Mar 14, 2015 11:42 pm

"I'll trust you with that," Miyuki told Zeus before reaching down and grabbing Ryo.

She knew seeing Zeus there would tempt Ryo to style.

"Come on you, let's get back and see how everything else is faring,"
she murmured to the little eevee.

She liked eevees, she was going to miss cuddling one when Ryo grew up, whenever that would be.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sat Mar 14, 2015 11:51 pm

Things had more or less settled down in the kitchen, dining room and living room, and almost everyone was either sitting or had already found somewhere to sit. Amir was playing with Kaede in the playroom, and Iorlas and Lancaeriel were just setting the last of the food out on the counter.

"On their way?" Shiro grinned at Miyuki.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sun Mar 15, 2015 12:06 am

"Yes, they're just shutting it down for the night," Miyuki explained, "Zeus said he'll make sure they come out for dinner on time."

She set Ryo down, who then scrambled towards his siblings.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sun Mar 15, 2015 12:16 am

There were very few spaces left for people to sit, and Wren pulled out the last empty chair by the table, which was between her and Daenis. "Come sit," she grinned at her. "Not sure where Shoneah and Andarien are going to sit but they might have to squeeze onto the couch with Daeron and Iorlas when they get here."

Sure enough a few minutes later when they did arrive, that was just where the two of them ended up, and Zeus ran into the playroom with the rest of his siblings. Xipil climbed up onto Shoneah's shoulders and rested there.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sun Mar 15, 2015 12:21 am

"I guess that's all of us," Lin looked around, it was so crowded, who knew there were so many poeple.

"I need to expand the kitchen,"
Miyuki murmured more to herself as if she was already making plans.

After all she wanted to experiment with heating ovens and stoves now would be a good time to think about that.

The question was how...

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sun Mar 15, 2015 12:27 am

"In due time," Lancaeriel smiled at Miyuki, putting one hand on her shoulder from behind. Then she straightened up and raised one hand to quiet everyone.

"Now we all know why we're here, and why we have such a feast before us," she told them all, her eyes sparkling brightly. She turned to Daenis and Mailon. "It wasn't exactly an easy road for you two to follow, but I'm sure I speak for all of us here when I say that we wish both of you all the best in your life together. Peace, happiness, and joy, both now and in all of your years to come."

Daenis' face was slightly pink, but she was smiling brightly, while Mailon appeared mildly embarrassed at being at the center of so much attention.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:20 pm

There was all around agreement to that sentiment and a bit of clapping. After all this was a joyous occasion, even if they were trying to keep it simple.

Lin chuckled at the looks the couple had, it was kind of cute.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:31 pm

"Come now, come now, it's your turn!" Daeron urged the couple.

"Easy for you to say," Earendil chuckled. "You went without any celebration."

Daeron grinned, but Daenis and Mailon seemed up to the task.

"Well," Daenis began, shifting her chair a bit closer to Mailon, "for my part, I would like to thank all of you for all you've done for us. For me. Getting me away from my father, taking me with you ... teaching me, giving me everything I could ever need ... especially my freedom. I know for certain I would never have had even the chance for the happiness that I feel now."

Her eyes bright, she leaned over and kissed Mailon on the cheek. The warrior blushed hotly, averting his eyes from the others around them even as he smiled wider than any of them had ever seen before.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:27 pm

There were smiles and clapping at that.

Miyuki grinned and nearly bounced in her seat, it was such a cute display. However, now that the speeches were out of the way they could eat!

The kitsune looked at the spread, there were so many dishes here, and such a large variety compared to the usual.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:59 pm

Daenis and Mailon of course were the first to get their food, and each of them took some of everything. While neither of them had had rice before, they both seemed to favour the sushi dishes that Kaito had prepared, though they took plenty of everything else as well.

"So I guess we'll have an unnecessary room from now on," Wren commented to Miyuki as the group settled in to eat. "Thoughts on what you'll do with it?"
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:07 pm

"Clean it up and then leave it," Miyuki replied with a shrug, "Once everything in it is moved, it's pretty indistinguishable from the other rooms. It'll end up getting used eventually."

She said this as if it were a matter of fact, which, it probably was when one thought about it. There was no point in taking the room down, though Miyuki could easily do that, but why bother when it was probably going to go up again?

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:27 pm

"Possible to change it?" Wren suggested. "Could be Khetal's room when he joins us. Though of course, it would have to be bigger - or maybe not, since you said you'd make a lab for him, too."

"You really don't have to ask Miyuki to do more work on my part," Khetal protested from the other side of Wren.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Wed Mar 18, 2015 11:59 pm

"Could just add a room to his room," Miyuki replied, "The reason why I chose screen walls is because it's easy to make screen doors and expand the room or just add another room, whichever is needed."

For that matter would the new couple need an expanded room, since Miyuki tended to make bigger rooms for couples. Clearly Miyuki didn't see an issue with it since she didn't even protest or comment on Khetal's protest. Though the latter was probably from the fact she got that a lot from Shoneah at first too.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Thu Mar 19, 2015 12:05 am

"If Shiro and others are going to be using the lab as well, perhaps it would be prudent to add it to the hall with the other work rooms," Khetal suggested hesitantly. "Then they wouldn't have to pass through my room to get to it."

That seemed logical to him, though he wasn't exactly sure how it all worked, in all fairness.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Thu Mar 19, 2015 12:08 am

Miyuki thought about it, she was so use to making workrooms for research in people's rooms she hadn't thought about a full out lab.

"I can do that, especially since you'll all be doing things together probably," Miyuki mused on this, "Guess I'll add that right beside the carpentry room."

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Thu Mar 19, 2015 12:12 am

"You know, Miyuki," Wren grinned, a sparkle in her eyes, "if you keep this up, you're going to end up with some kind of work space for each and every one of us. It will be like living in our own world, and we'll never have to leave the tent except for fresh meat. Six gardens for crops of all sorts, blacksmith forge for just about every tool we would need, woodshop for furniture, dojo for training, lab for experimenting ... what's left that we won't have by the time you're done with this?"

She was teasing, but there was also admiration in her voice. With each addition they made to the tent, they became more and more independent - and it was all thanks to Miyuki, really. Lancaeriel, yes, somewhat; but mostly Miyuki.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Thu Mar 19, 2015 12:19 am

Miyuki actually thought about that, what else could they have really? They already had three storage rooms and she could easily make more storage in those storage rooms (just having three kept things organized). Also because even though it was teasing there wasn't anything to be embarrassed about, the tent was like one huge project for her.

"I want to make heat precised stoves and ovens," Miyuki replied, "Normally I wouldn't but I'm pretty sure between everyone living in here who has some magic affinity there's enough ambivalent magic to power a stove and oven or two with precise heating. Not sure how that would happen but it can work.... and I suppose if Auntie Iorlas wants to do tailoring more full time thing a workshop like Uncle Helen's wouldn't be amiss...."

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Thu Mar 19, 2015 12:23 am

Khetal was stunned by Miyuki's comments, but Wren only laughed aloud.

"Incredible," she grinned at her cousin. "Miyuki, I should imagine that there is nothing you could not do if you were to put your mind to it. Incredible, absolutely incredible."

She was more than simply amused, too: she was impressed with how much Miyuki was coming up with.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:40 pm

Another week went by, and nothing had gone amiss since then. No more freakish snowstorms or local trying to run them out of town.

Miyuki had taken that week to get Khetal's room up and running along with the lab. The first wasn't that hard, he pretty much was being moved into Mailon's old room. She did have to make a new room (a lab) that could fit several people, tables, equipment and shelving. She even runed a large cabinet with many little drawers with runes that allowed a lot to be stored and allowed for preservation.

As she had promised the two children, she held another show or two, but Miyuki's mind was on her next project. The kitchen had to be expanded and if she was going to expand it she might as well equip it with heat precise stoves, ovens and running water sink.

The last was easy (that was borrowing the concept of the bath and shower), the first two however was much more difficult. So between shows, and visiting the magistrate's home (they had to visit in groups of four or five to fit), Miyuki was working on making a stove/oven.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Fri Mar 20, 2015 11:05 pm

Once Khetal had a room in which to put things, he began to make his transition from house to tent. As things were prepared for the lab, he began moving into there as well, and out of respect, the others who would use the lab waited for him to have his things in there before moving their own experiments into the lab as well. When his belongings were in the tent, he started sleeping in there as well, though Kyrie continued to return to the magistrate's house each night.

Those weren't the only changes, either. Iorlas, usually so carefree with her time, was now tailoring full-time, clothes for Amir and her family, yes, but also for others who had made requests. Daeron was of course busier than he had ever been in the woodshop, and of all people it was Mailon who ended up helping him out. Most everyone else spent the week preparing for their departure, which was coming up quickly.

Then there was Shoneah who, at the end of the week, left the forge looking happier than she had ever been since arriving in this world.

A good portion of the group was out for the evening, at the magistrate's house, but Lancaeriel and Daenis were working on dinner together while Miyuki worked on her plans.

"Well, now, there's a look we've not seen before," Lancaeriel teased Shoneah as she entered the newly expanded kitchen. "You're positively glowing!"
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Fri Mar 20, 2015 11:33 pm

Miyuki looked up from where she was working at the kitchen the table. Her fingers stained with ink from her many notes and rune designs. The kitsune found it was better to work in the kitchen so she wasn't holed up in her room whenever she wasn't training, or working on other stuff.

"Did something good happen?" Miyuki asked blinking slowly.

Mainly because Shoneah looked like her aunt when she first met her uncle, or maybe like her mother sometimes....

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Fri Mar 20, 2015 11:40 pm

A blush rose in Shoneah's cheeks, and she raised one hand to brush her hair behind her ears, more a nervous habit than because her hair was in her face.

"Andarien gave me a gift," she answered softly, her eyes bright. "Something to remind me of home ... and one of the most complex pieces of mechanics I have ever seen."

Lancaeriel chuckled softly. "Well, Andarien would do something like that," she murmured.

Daenis tilted her head curiously at Shoneah. She still didn't know either her or Andarien well, since they were always hiding away in the forge - a room she couldn't visit, even with Ira - so she didn't quite know what to make of that.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sat Mar 21, 2015 10:44 pm

"What did he make?" Miyuki asked.

Andarien was capable of making a lot of complex things, but if it was the most complex and he probably did it without Shoneah knowing, that was quite the feat.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sat Mar 21, 2015 10:59 pm

"He made a mechanical dragon that looks like Xipil," Shoneah explained, sliding into the chair next to Miyuki. "It's on a white and silver box. Beautiful ... laquered and everything. But even more than that, he made it a music box ... a song that I taught him, my favourite song from back home, my Father taught it to me. Andarien said he'd noticed that there are still times when-"

She cut herself off suddenly and averted her eyes, blushing. "Still times when I get terribly homesick and feel lonely. He wanted to give me something to make me feel ... more at home here. I kind of expected it to be tinny and simple, like most music boxes, but ... wow. Harmonies and everything. Beautiful."

Daenis smiled, but Lancaeriel giggled softly. "Well now, that is something," she grinned.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 26 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26  Next